Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no, not an argument. this is me being hopeful rather than negative and bitchy. how can the players thrive when people keep writing them off?? have a bit of faith. the better we do in the league and cup competitions, the more prize money we get, therefore bigger transfer kitty.....vicious circle. youre meant to be a SUPPORTER!! start supporting

Prize money isnt worth anything. Hence why the board dont care if we win anything or not. Just as long as we keep finishing in the top 4.

Prize money isnt worth anything. Hence why the board dont care if we win anything or not. Just as long as we keep finishing in the top 4.

i feel like banging my head against a wall.....when i started supporting the gunners, my grandpa gave me a warning: supporting arsenal will lead you to constant disappointment. and he was right! I havent looked back since! i still support the club, just not the owners!! incidentally, i wonder hoe many arsenal fans have gotten fed up of arsenals lack of trophies and chosen to swap teams in a glory hunt......

what is to say RVP will repeat his form had he stayed?? whats to say he will repeat his form at man utd?? what is to say he doesnt get injured early on in the season, leaving gooners laughing at fergie!?

Nothing. That's completely irrelevant though: we're still in a weaker position upfront than we were last season because of the form he was in.

I just can't understand the business sense in keeping the likes of Marouane Chamakh, Andrey Arshavin and Sebastien Squillaci on the wage bill for another season.

How can we possibly justify continuing to pay their 50k+ wages whilst fail to renew Walcott’s contact over a petty 25k?

Was it really impossible to offload the other overpaid flops that are now out on loan?

We needed to cut our losses and let all this human waste go for nominal fees to free up finances for new blood. Wenger's mismanagement has got us into this ridiculous situation.

You say that like Arsenal could have waved a magic wand and got rid of them. The simple fact is that if nobody wants to buy, they have to stay.

EDIT: Russian window still open till Thursday mind. Potential sale of Arshavin there if anybody is interested. Again, a big if

You say that like Arsenal could have waved a magic wand and got rid of them. The simple fact is that if nobody wants to buy, they have to stay.

EDIT: Russian window still open till Thursday mind. Potential sale of Arshavin there if anybody is interested. Again, a big if

Make it perfectly clear that they have no future here and are unwelcome back at the club and even pay them off if necessary. Just get rid.

Because you say so?

It's so easy to crap all over a statement without offering any reasons isn't it!!?

Personally i dont think replacing wenger would change anything, its the guys at the top who need changing, its all about balancing the books for them not the actual sport itself, but if we did replace wenger i agree with going for Pep, and failing that get david moyes in, guy does awesome with a small transfer budget, and he can bring fellaini/jagielka/tim howard/leighton baines with him :D

Make it perfectly clear that they have no future here and are unwelcome back at the club and even pay them off if necessary. Just get rid.

If we have to pay them off, how does that help our wages bill and free up finances for new blood?

If we have to pay them off, how does that help our wages bill and free up finances for new blood?

We have cash available. Its about freeing up future liabilities. It makes more sense to offer them a percentage of future earnings to leave now.

Take that clown Almunia for example. We kept him on the books until his contract expired despite the fact that he offered absolutely nothing positive to the team.

Wenger finally caught on that he was sh*t 2 years before he left the club. Even a conservative estimate of £40k a week works out at £4m over two seasons.

We would have been better paying him a million pounds just to **** off.

how on the hellish earth is our season "over" ?? WHY are u all so negative??? START SUPPORTING!!

I wasn't exactly serious.

I'm actually still positive for the season, despite a lot of the dummy throwing last night from people in here.

I still believe we can win at least one cup, and yes, compete for the title. Do we lack strength up front? Most defintely. Is it Wengers fault? Maybe. But I'm optimistic we can challenge.

We have cash available. Its about freeing up future liabilities. It makes more sense to offer them a percentage of future earnings to leave now.

Take that clown Almunia for example. We kept him on the books until his contract expired despite the fact that he offered absolutely nothing positive to the team.

Wenger finally caught on that he was sh*t 2 years before he left the club. Even a conservative estimate of £40k a week works out at £4m over two seasons.

We would have been better paying him a million pounds just to **** off.

Why would a player only take a percentage of his future earnings when he has signed a contract? Are you seriously suggesting that Almunia would have accepted £1m and effectively chucked away the other £3m he was due?

He still wouldn't give up £3m of earnings he has been promised as part of a contract - that is what contracts are for. Why would any sensible person throw away £3m of guaranteed earnings without having another club to go to. £1m is only half of a season's earnings to him.

True as well, but pretty certain someone would have signed him on a free :) I ain't defending djvandyke, but what he proposed ain't generally impossible although you won't see it many times, especially with higher profile / high wage players. I've seen it happen quite a lot here in Bulgaria, but our football is ****** :)

I wasn't exactly serious.

I'm actually still positive for the season, despite a lot of the dummy throwing last night from people in here.

I still believe we can win at least one cup, and yes, compete for the title. Do we lack strength up front? Most defintely. Is it Wengers fault? Maybe. But I'm optimistic we can challenge.

It's not up front that people are worried about, its the midfield.

no, not an argument. this is me being hopeful rather than negative and bitchy. how can the players thrive when people keep writing them off?? have a bit of faith. the better we do in the league and cup competitions, the more prize money we get, therefore bigger transfer kitty.....vicious circle. youre meant to be a SUPPORTER!! start supporting

Load of rubbish.

We only just made the CL last year, and this was after an 8-2 loss to Man Utd forced Wenger to sign a few good players. Any sensible club would have invested money this summer transfer window to give us a better chance of not having to worry about not making the CL. Instead, we sold our star striker. Yes Cazorla looks good, yes Podolski and Giroud on paper look good, but it's not good enough anymore. The EPL has evolved and football has changed. If we want to keep up with the pace the league is going, we have to invest. We don't have to invest much (see Newcastle's progression), but we have to invest.

Fans who pay to watch the team (and pay the most expensive prices in the EPL) have a right to be pissed their money is not being used for player investment.

We needed a good forward type player (I.e versatile) and anther midfielder to add depth. It's a lack of ambition to try and properly compete for the title. I don't care if we win or not but I want to think we have given it our best attempt and currently out exertions in the transfer market make me feel we aren't. However as I said earlier we do have the issue over the number of non hg players we have

I'm worried about midfield and attack. We have a myriad of options in the midfield but after letting Song go I would have hoped for a DM like everyone else. Up front we are seriously lacking, we have Giroud and Podolski but nobody else and before anyone says Walcott, think to yourselves, how many league titles is Walcott up front gonna get you with his first touch.

Yeah, I am very disappointed we didn't get at least a DM to replace Song. Diaby in the first team is a sure sign we're weak in midfield.

It just seems like a completely unnecessary risk. We're reliant on Wilshere hitting the ground running, Coquelin developing well and Diaby finally showing the form that Wenger clearly believes is in him. And how often do Wenger's gambles ever come off?

Why would a player only take a percentage of his future earnings when he has signed a contract? Are you seriously suggesting that Almunia would have accepted £1m and effectively chucked away the other £3m he was due?

Yes, ultimately players want to play football.

We find him a new club, who only have to pay 75% of his previous wages to make the deal palatable to the player.

It happens all the time at the other top clubs who still try to improve the squad.

How do you think Berbatov was persuaded to drop down to Fulham?

United wanted to offset Van Persie's wages so have cut their losses and subsidised the transfer of a dud.

Below is this mornings Le Grove blog entry. It is so utterly wonderful and accurate that I read it back-to-back 3 times

The reason we only sold Lansbury, Bartley and Vela is because no one else out there thinks that Denilson, Chamakh, Park, Bentner and Squillaci are worth buying, no one of course apart from the nutter that is managing Arsenal football club.

He thinks they are world class because he paid them so much when they were at the Emirates and that seems to be the reason we can’t sell them, no one else in the football world shares his opinion.

I watched Athletico batter the chavs yesterday, oh what fun that was, I thought Turan and Falcao were quite good didn’t you? Obviously not super, super, world class as there are no super, super, world class players for sale according to Wenger, otherwise we would have bought them, I would have had a punt on either of those two wouldn’t you?

We’ve already heard Wenger tell us he could have bought Hazard, what? Ian Holloway could have bought Hazard, but he didn’t, we also could have bought Kaka, Ronaldo, and every other good player that’s out there playing for someone else.

Not to mention we’ve been asking for Hazard on here for the last 2 seasons. We didn’t need someone on what he is on to tell us how good he was.

It’s called BeckhamTerry syndrome Arsene.

We finished 19 points behind second place last season, so we know we have to improve, what does Wenger do then? He buys two average forwards and one world class midfield player. Great! Then he sells the worlds best forward, an average forward, a young defender and a holding midfielder to Barcelona.

So we sell more than we buy, we don’t even spend the budget we are given, that my friends is complete madness.

When he went out and signed Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla I was delighted and couldn’t understand why Robin wasn’t, then Wenger started to balance his bonus books and the rest is history, I bet Santi is wondering what on earth he has done, poor sod.

When I was a kid, I didn’t use to put petrol in my car until I was running on fumes, why? Because I thought I was saving money, you know what? I wasn’t. I was more often than not running out and finding myself walking 2 miles in the dark and cold to find a garage and begging for an oil can to put it in.

I also repaired nothing till it fell off and in the end it cost me more because things kept breaking as a result.

The reason Wenger doesn’t spend money is because he is obviously getting some kind of bonus, either that or he really isn’t that bright.

It’s time someone at Arsenal came clean and showed us what he really earns so we can understand this insanity. If he isn’t getting a reward for not spending, then there must be something wrong with him, why would you not at least spend what you are given???

Unless of course its because he spends it all on salaries for useless players.

If we beat Liverpool tomorrow, imagine what the score could have been if we bought a couple of good players, ditto for the previous 7 years, how long do we let this madman manage our team. How long before we have a half empty stadium, even Tottenham look good now, God help us.

Even our latest signing Cazorla said we need to buy new players with the money we got from Song and Robin, not Wenger, oh no, he won’t be told to buy. So he doesn’t, and in his press conference he pulls that stupid looking grin which is just taking the mick out of the fans.

Every season we lose our stars, next season we’ll lose Jack Wilshere and the following season Chamberlain and so on, this won’t stop until we get rid of Wenger.

How long must this go on? How long will it be before this board realise they are just fattening up the value of this once great club for a non supporting shareholder to sell to the highest bidder and we are massively in debt and back to square one.

All this is being done under our noses and no one seems to see it.

Trust me, I’m a shareholder and I haven’t had a dividend in 20 years, all our money gets wasted on salaries of players we loan out and to members of staff like Wenger and Gazidas who don’t seem bothered about winning trophies, they can’t can they?

He brags about financial prudence and he wastes money on a player that not only didn’t play a single game, but one we can’t even sell, why is Wenger not accountable for that?

Why is he not pulled up on the vast amount he plays to crap players that don’t even feature in the team?

He is untouchable and until we remove him and all the other wasters from our once great club, nothing will change.

Last summer I said this and many on here said it will all change this summer, well you know what? It didn’t did it.

I’ve said it before, this is Arsenal football team not Arsene Wenger’s plaything, I want my club back. For those of you who don’t, have another great season, I know I won’t.

Have a nice day Grovers, I am so, so disappointed this morning.

Yes, ultimately players want to play football.

We find him a new club, who only have to pay 75% of his previous wages to make the deal palatable to the player.

It happens all the time at the other top clubs who still try to improve the squad.

How do you think Berbatov was persuaded to drop down to Fulham?

United wanted to offset Van Persie's wages so have cut their losses and subsidised the transfer of a dud.

I think you do need to make it clear to players that they are not in your plans but that still doesn't mean they'll sign for a 'lesser' club. Fans sort of think 'they have so much money why not take a pay cut' but any of us take a pay cut or walk away from such money? No thanks, I'll stay here, at a top club not playing, rather than sign for some ***** 'just to play' especially when players are making such good money anyway.

It's one thing that annoys me, fans seem to think players (who are people too) should just take cuts left and right to ease new signings in. Maybe clubs should be careful about handing out 4 and 5 year deals.

A player hesitates to sign a new contract and fans are up in arms but when the club wants to move them on suddenly they should be taking pay cuts and heading to parts of the country or overseas where they don't neccessarily want to live or be just cause the club have decided 'nah, we want someone else' yet when that player is doing what is best for themself it's sort of considered to be 'against the club' if you get me

* (not you btw, fans in general)

Disappointed we signed no one, was expecting 2 or 3 in at least.

Who left in the end on deadline day, Bendtner and Park on loan and that's it? Massive anticlimax but I'm sure all will be forgiven if we beat Liverpool.

Well Sy is ignorant, reads blogs written from people who have ADD which reflects in his posts here. So all in all probably he could have insinuated that he wanted Rodallega here at the club.

Hold on, I can see where AW and the board are taking the club. I want passion, ambition and investment whilst people like you are happy to scrap for 4th every year whilst turning a profit and selling off the best players. And you think it's ME that's ignorant?

That is priceless. Comedy gold.

I remember that French journalist Philippe Auclair saying end of last season that Pep to Arsenal isn't as crazy as people may think. Apparently in his early years as Barca manager he stayed in Wenger's house for a week and chewed the fat/talked football until the early hours (maybe some sexual tension, who knows?). They share a philosophy, etc.

Personally, I think it's rubbish and he'll turn up at Chelsea either January or end of the season as Abraminovich has had a hard on for Barca for a fair while but .... never know, that's what he said

Archived