Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you can't because you haven't paid attention to poor non-Arsenal games, of which, believe it or not, there are plenty.

Also, if you have any sort of memory, you'll be able to recall some previous bad games by us in the UCL in the past as well.

I don't know why you thought the game was so bad. I was quite content with the effort, although there was definitely a general lack of quality.

I agree with you guys, its frustrating that Diaby suffers so many setbacks, we should probably think about moving him on and getting a replacement but saying that you can never really guarantee fitness in this sport could happen to the next one we sign, glad to see Rosicky back, hes another one whos suffered at the hands of the injuries was a shame we didnt get to see him as much as we should of, had a cracking first season and a half when he first joined us then had that season out and from there he never looked the same, but still can play a big part of this season imo.

Both valid questions tbh. However on the long term injuries there have been about 6 off the top of my head. 3 of which the club could clearly do nothing about (eduardo, Diaby and Ramsey). There are 3 others were I don't know enough about it to say (wilshere, TV and Rosicky)

And the shirt deal with Adidas earning you £22m a year rather than your current £8m, apparently. Wenger has often said that when FFP kicks in then Arsenal will be in a fantastic position. Could he be right?

Yeah that deal is rumoured but I would be surprised if we don't get at least that. He could be right indeed as it means we wouldn't have to sell players to be profitable. This deal is a bit confused though as the stadium naming rights form a part but don't it's slightly strange but certainly is a lot of money

For anyone who follows that DarrenArsenal on twitter. He's an absolute *insert insult here*. Isn't he?

He hasn't said anything that I disagree with so far. Yes we've negotiated a big sponsorship deal but so what? Wenger and Gaz are already sitting on £70m in reserves anyway.

• SI Staff
For anyone who follows that DarrenArsenal on twitter. He's an absolute *insert insult here*. Isn't he?

Don't disagree with what he has said about the Emirates deal really, but he does quite often annoy me, have unfollowed him before but end up going back as he has good info.

It isn't the greatest deal imaginable but it's certainly a good deal.

It annoys me that Tim Payton and DarrenArsenal are both well known (in the sense that they're high up) Arsenal supporters. I'm forced to follow them because of they're info even though nearly every tweet of theirs annoys me.

And the shirt deal with Adidas earning you £22m a year rather than your current £8m, apparently. Wenger has often said that when FFP kicks in then Arsenal will be in a fantastic position. Could he be right?

Not when the likes of Man City fiddle things so they 'turn a profit'.

I'm not really an expert economist but it doesn't seem like that good of a deal to me. They're trying to market it as a great deal by saying we've got 150M through 5 seasons, but they're hiding the fact there's also 16 more years on stadium sponsorship which I'd imagine is included in that. I don't know how long they had left on the stadium tbf, but does seem pretty fishy how out of the article the bit about the stadium has the least information and is just a throwaway sentence in the middle.

"As part of the deal Arsenal’s home will continue to be known as Emirates Stadium up to 2028."

There's 7 additional years onto the stadium deal. And tbh if they hadn't wanted to renew the stadium deal I don't think we would have sold it on to someone else, just let it go back to Ashburton grove or whatever. So some money for it is better than no money for it.

The stadium means nothign to anyone except Emirates. No one wants to touch a stadium because it's so hard to get value out of something that is already well known as something else. So Emirates was the only option, and this is probably as good a deal as we can hope for, considering how less illustrious we are now compared to when the 1st deal was discussed.

In other news, check out this

Looks similar to something? :D

The stadium means nothign to anyone except Emirates. No one wants to touch a stadium because it's so hard to get value out of something that is already well known as something else. So Emirates was the only option, and this is probably as good a deal as we can hope for, considering how less illustrious we are now compared to when the 1st deal was discussed.

In other news, check out this

Looks similar to something? :D

Knew id seen podolski's goal somewhere before, 501 arsenal goals dvd!

Not surprised to see Ramsey there. He was next in the pecking order, and Wilshere can't play too many successive games at this point, probably. I thought Gervinho might get the right-flank position, but I'm glad the Ox keeps it.

Big surprise for me is Vermaelen dropped for Gibbs. So the captain is not untouchable after all, which is good to see.

Archived