Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMSEY DID WELL :D I am choking at this.

Was poor as usual. Back two and the keeper did well, Cazorla did well. Ramsey was pathetic.

If ramsey played like Cazorla did you would be furious. You aren't even watching him play anymore you just assume he is playing badly. Pathetic attitude towards players, fans who constantly berate their own players at the ground are horrific at least support them truly awful.

**** this wenger has to go drama. At least be rational with suggesting it rather than full of angst, aggression and hyperbolic statements.

Quite glad the season has 25 games to go. Plenty of time to catch anyone and finish anywhere. We have played poorly the solution is buy well in January and then re-evaluate at the end of the season. Anyway he'll be gone at the end of the next season I expect

There has to be an expectation that the current squad should be at a certain point and they are not...........................no one expects a title winning team but right now with the current squad the team are under-achieveing and the board can not be blamed for that.

There has to be an expectation that the current squad should be at a certain point and they are not...........................no one expects a title winning team but right now with the current squad the team are under-achieveing and the board can not be blamed for that.

If you don't expect a title challenge, what do you expect? Through in Europe, annual kids Carling Cup run, not too far off a Champion's League spot for next year. Sounds like a decent place for a team who aren't expected to challenge for the title to be.

I acatually think, that we probably will blag it, only because the other teams going for fourth arn't ruthless enough. We're there for the taking, but they're not punishing us

I would bet my life savings on Arsenal being 4th in May. No-one else is going to take it, especially not us. That's probably why Arsene is so complacent; he knows no matter he f**ks up, Tottenham will f**k up that little bit more, Everton will not last a season, and Liverpool aren't a problem...yet. Hopefully at some point the 4th CL spot will be taken away and there'll only be three spots, one of which is a qualifier.

hate how this thread is only busy when we mess up. Theres hardly any euphoric posting when we smash the scum or qualify for the next stage of the champions league. Draw with villa away and suddenly everyones back out slagging wenger off. Im sure a lot of people on here take more pleasure on us not performing then they do us actually getting good results

Meh. Eventually one team will take it and build on it. The board is complacent rather than wenger. He is either incompetent or blighted depending on your position. The thing is we had a fair few good chances to win it was nothing like the disaster portrayed. Very disappointing though.

If ramsey played like Cazorla did you would be furious. You aren't even watching him play anymore you just assume he is playing badly. Pathetic attitude towards players, fans who constantly berate their own players at the ground are horrific at least support them truly awful.

**** this wenger has to go drama. At least be rational with suggesting it rather than full of angst, aggression and hyperbolic statements.

Quite glad the season has 25 games to go. Plenty of time to catch anyone and finish anywhere. We have played poorly the solution is buy well in January and then re-evaluate at the end of the season. Anyway he'll be gone at the end of the next season I expect

Haha nice try. I watched the game. Ramsey was poor. It's not his fault like, he's just not good enough. Blame the manager.

And be rational? I am very rational about why I want Wenger gone. If anything it's people like you who are not rational. Blindly sticking up for the manager and belittling abyone that dares not share your opinion is definitely the act of a rational man.

hate how this thread is only busy when we mess up. Theres hardly any euphoric posting when we smash the scum or qualify for the next stage of the champions league. Draw with villa away and suddenly everyones back out slagging wenger off. Im sure a lot of people on here take more pleasure on us not performing then they do us actually getting good results

Smash the scum who were down to 10 men?

Qualify for the next part of the CL - a competition we have ZERO chance of winning?

Come off it, even Southampton put 4 past Villa.

This I stole from an online blog but it hits the nail on the head....

I saw the result.

A draw, regardless of the conditions or how hard we fought was not good enough.

We’re floundering.

The away fans are digging out the manager.

The manager is digging out the away fans.

The club have £70m in the bank.

The club are sorting out our striker shortage with a short term loan deal for an ageing legend for the second year running.

The club have just secured £55m a year in additional revenue.

We’re out of the running for the league. We’ve no hope in the Champions League.

We’re in a bad situation, something is going to give. The players aren’t playing for the manager. The manager doesn’t seem to be able to help the players.

How do you see this panning out?

Haha nice try. I watched the game. Ramsey was poor. It's not his fault like, he's just not good enough. Blame the manager.

And be rational? I am very rational about why I want Wenger gone. If anything it's people like you who are not rational. Blindly sticking up for the manager and belittling abyone that dares not share your opinion is definitely the act of a rational man.

Ramsey was by far our best and most productive player and I am not alone in thinking this. I am sorry but you're just wrong you assume he played badly. I am yet to work what he did which was wrong and also what he did that was worse than Arteta or Cazorla who I thought he played better than. He created more, passed more and shot more. Not sure there is a lot more you could ask from him. Secondly people say he slows the play down and he can do but he didn't yesterday he drove from midfield quite effectively and passed quite quickly and was no more at fault for our inability to control the game than Cazorla or Arteta and considering he did more going forwards I am unsure about what you think he did wrong other than be Ramsey.

You aren't rational saying things like we don't have a manager are hardly logical. I don't blindly stick though and if you look through my posts I often criticise him. Also for you to tell someone that they belittle others is to say the least hypocritical and I can't remember many occasions when I have belittled people.

As I have said I am open to people have different opinions but the angst and drama which seems to come with Wenger out is ridiculous. I don't have to disagree to be allowed to question certain elements.

They could have played a team of 6 year olds its still something to be pleased about, i simply cant work out why you bother supporting the club if you wont just be pleased for any successes we have during a season.

Qualify for the next part of the CL - a competition we have ZERO chance of winning?

Come off it, even Southampton put 4 past Villa.

This I stole from an online blog but it hits the nail on the head....

I saw the result.

A draw, regardless of the conditions or how hard we fought was not good enough.

We’re floundering.

The away fans are digging out the manager.

The manager is digging out the away fans.

The club have £70m in the bank.

The club are sorting out our striker shortage with a short term loan deal for an ageing legend for the second year running.

The club have just secured £55m a year in additional revenue.

We’re out of the running for the league. We’ve no hope in the Champions League.

We’re in a bad situation, something is going to give. The players aren’t playing for the manager. The manager doesn’t seem to be able to help the players.

How do you see this panning out?

What relevance does securing an extra £55m on friday have to do with the result on the saturday? Lets see what happens in the next two transfer windows before throwing that one about. Logically nobody other than Madrid or Barca have any hope in the Champions league but history has shown you never know. We'll have no hope if we wernt in it, but we are still there. Not sure about the players not playing for the manager, id be more inclined to think thats a load of rubbish.

When did I say that we don't have a manager anymore?

It was me. Paul Lambert’s touchline ban illustrated the situation beautifully.

Persisting with Arsene Wenger is the equivalent of a permanent touchline ban.

He is still able to select the starting line-up and opening strategy but once the match kicks off has absolutely no influence over what is happening on the pitch.

He may as well not be at the match.

this comment is gold - s a liverpool fan, i do hope this is true. Christian Tello to replace him. Now we just need to sign Damaio, austin, Huntelaar and Isco and we will be sorted. Hopefully rodgers will ignore, ince, sturridge, rossi and dempsey.

- teeman89 , Dorset, 25/11/2012 13:07

this comment is gold - s a liverpool fan, i do hope this is true. Christian Tello to replace him. Now we just need to sign Damaio, austin, Huntelaar and Isco and we will be sorted. Hopefully rodgers will ignore, ince, sturridge, rossi and dempsey.- teeman89 , Dorset, 25/11/2012 13:07
Yeah, it amuses me, too. Absolutely delusional.

Apparently Sean Morrison will be playing for Reading, so Gnabry should have plenty of chances.

Sean Morrison is now being linked with a transfer to you! :D

Think Jamie Carragher, but 6'4. When we signed him he was terrible on the ball and looked like the last person who could play for Arsenal, but he's improved in that regard... and pretty much every other regard.

Would anyone rather we had a commanding, strong, powerful holding midfielder rather than Arteta? I really like Arteta and he's a fine player but I think we miss that extra 'steel' in midfield. Basically M'Villa without the craziness.

Archived