Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Campbell was a better defender than both Adams and Terry.

Enjoying SJ234 on this page. No one plays 4-4-2 guys. Did I even mention 4-4-2?

Never said you did but that is the formation most suggest. So I took to widening the discussion.

The M'Vila situation is worsening for him at least. Bullet dodged.

AST meeting quite interesting last night from what I have seen.

Key points:

• Club apparently have a football plan
  • FFP is diluted from original form
  • Man U wage bill is only 12% more than ours however we have spent only 1.8mill mill net since 2007
  • without selling players we would flunk FFP
  • Most clubs will need to bank next seasons TV money we probably won't
  • KSE's purchase of the club was probably leveraged against itself rather than the club. May explain why we are banking so much
  • He doesn't have to publish accounts as he is based in Delaware
  • Kroenke chosen by Fizman because of values
  • We aren't paying our corporation tax

Whats a good pub near your ground to watch games at? Meeting a few friends in London on saturday and want to watch the game somewhere with a decent atmosphere.

The Junction on Highbury Corner is annoyingly full or Arsenal fans during games. Only home fans allowed so no atmosphere. :brock:

I think we all know that the FFP thing isn't really going to change anything, no point in people getting their hopes up for it saving us and suddenly making us more competitive imo

All it will do is slow down their spending and close the gap to an extent. It won't solve the issue at all

Also, the safe standing system is one that's being considered by the Premier League. Not only will this slash ticket prices, but it will also keep our match day revenue at a similar income as to what it is now - largely due to the increased capacity.

Great News! :thup:

I grew up watching football games on terrace, so when I watched games in England (although only a few times) it didn't feel the same. No doubt, the football is of much higher quality that what I grew up with, but the match experience is different when everyone is sitting down for too long.

I think we all know that the FFP thing isn't really going to change anything, no point in people getting their hopes up for it saving us and suddenly making us more competitive imo

It's the combination of 3 things that will help close the gap:

1. The FFP toning down our competitors' spending

2. Our increased revenue from overseas market and new sponsorship deals after 2014

3. Increasingly smaller debt and interest payment.

All these things will help close the financial gap. However, none of this will solve on-pitch problems, which I believe are the biggest problems with the team.

I really wouldn't rely on FFP doing too much tbh there's no guarantee it'll do anything other than force clubs to show 'good intentions'.

Seeing as the Qataris owning PSG said Platini told them to be 'creative' it's really not gonna change a thing except maybe to punish some of the smaller clubs, as they already did to some Turks and Athletico Madrid

Something like this would be nice

-------------Giroud---------Walcott----------

--------------------Carzorla-------------------

---------------Arteta------Frimpong------------

Gibbs-------------------------------------Jenkinson

------Vermaelen---Mertesacker---Koscielny------

I thought Wilshire was still banned!

I like Frimpong a lot, he impressed me more in his short loan spell with Wolves than Ramsey or Coquelin ever have.

I think his more physical and direct style would compliment our more technical players and make us a more balanced side.

pepe is nothing on the goalkeeper he once was, his errors these days are amusing. please go away talk of that ever happening, not good enough for liverpool and certainly not good enough for us, we dodged a bullet when we didn't end up getting him that time we were heavily linked. prefer woj as it is.

and anyway, we've got about 15 goalkeepers, lets build on a position that needs strengthening

i could understand a lloris to replace woj because he's that good but i would never understand a risk like reina right now, could end up spending £10million+ on someone who's never going to be as good as he was (and the average gk he is right now) and as a result ruin woj's progress. just don't see the point

if they're going to buy anyone improve positions that need filling like left back

Get gordon on a free, Mannones doing a decent job(never thought id utter those words), Woj is no1 of course, but gordon for 3rd choice emergencies would be fine imo, use the money to strengthen the places we really need strengthening, take fabianski behind the barn and shoot him, buy a left back>proper wingers>get llorente on a free.

Get gordon on a free, Mannones doing a decent job(never thought id utter those words), Woj is no1 of course, but gordon for 3rd choice emergencies would be fine imo, use the money to strengthen the places we really need strengthening, take fabianski behind the barn and shoot him, buy a left back>proper wingers>get llorente on a free.

Mannone has been terrible. Absolutely terrible. Worst keeper I have ever seen play for us. Him being in goal has cost us loads of points. We desperately need a goalkeeper. Is Woj up for being number 1? Especially as he has no one to push him.

Craig Gordon would be an awful signing. Can't stay fit, which is not what you want from your backup. Would be just like having Fabianski.

Just booked tickets for the West Brom match on 8th December. Taking my nephew to his first Arsenal match. :)

We'd want to do a Stadium Tour on the Sunday - does anybody know if you need to book? Looking on the website it looks like you just go around on your own, but the VisitLondon website suggests you need to book. Cheers.

Just booked tickets for the West Brom match on 8th December. Taking my nephew to his first Arsenal match. :)

We'd want to do a Stadium Tour on the Sunday - does anybody know if you need to book? Looking on the website it looks like you just go around on your own, but the VisitLondon website suggests you need to book. Cheers.

http://www.arsenal.com/tours

Few links on that page on how to book, A)Self guided audio tour, OR B) Legends guided tour.

Archived