Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

It doesn't matter. Any club a player moves to will be a "dream move to the club of his dreams in one of the best leagues in the world, with the best set of fans in the world," anyway.

Also, I think Walcott won't move to Liverpool because I can't see them outbidding for him.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure any of Chelsea, City or United would take him on a freebie at the end of the season if he was available but obviously any of those he's going to get less playing time (especially up-front) than he would here or at Liverpool. I can see Chelsea happening as they probably wont have much to work with after blowing 30/40M+ on Falcao or Cavani and he'd be a very good option for them, just don't see him necessarily getting as many games there as he would here.

I don't see how a player who's not even a cert for our first eleven can be good enough for Chelsea or the Manc clubs. That doesn't mean they won't take him on, but unless he's suddenly going to become consistent, he won't play much for them.

We are probably the ideal club for him from a playing point of view.

Walcott is cert for our first team. He was first choice last year, nothing football-related changed that would make him not be first choice. It's only his contract situation that's changed eveyrthing.

I'm sure any of Chelsea, City or United would take him on a freebie at the end of the season if he was available but obviously any of those he's going to get less playing time (especially up-front) than he would here or at Liverpool.

Thanks but not a chance in hell of that happening.

Walcott is cert for our first team. He was first choice last year, nothing football-related changed that would make him not be first choice. It's only his contract situation that's changed eveyrthing.

Yeah this. Theo Walcott is one of the first names on our team sheet.

He is when he is playing like this. However as we know his form can change quickly and he then becomes useless. It is difficult for the club to resign him at the moment because whoever tries to sign him for free will be able to offer a signing on fee which is quite large and bigger wages because they don't have to pay us

Walcott would be mad to leave Arsenal, unless he's just after a huge paycheck. He's not good enough to be a regular starter at United, City or Chelsea and those are the only 3 clubs that'd be a step up. If he wants to go then a French or German team challenging for a title would be a good bet for him if he's desperate to win stuff and play games.

It's a no brainer really. It's hard enough signing players in Jan anyway. Here we've got a guy who knows the club and the league and just happens to be our greatest player.Oh and he's a lot fitter and in better form than he was this time last year.

It's a no brainer really. It's hard enough signing players in Jan anyway. Here we've got a guy who knows the club and the league and just happens to be our greatest player.Oh and he's a lot fitter and in better form than he was this time last year.

Mind you - as i said last year, its a much better option on the bench than Chamakh

Henry, on a pay as you play, player contract but also sign him as a coach, i think having his presence around training ground would be great inspiration for the first team and the youth players, we should be looking for more long term solutions to our on pitch problems.

Is madness that Chelski just sacked Di Matteo, guess Abrama is going for Pep, as for defending a criminal, i can only assume you mean JT? we all presume to know what he said but he was found innocent in a court of law.

Henry, on a pay as you play, player contract but also sign him as a coach, i think having his presence around training ground would be great inspiration for the first team and the youth players, we should be looking for more long term solutions to our on pitch problems.

Is madness that Chelski just sacked Di Matteo, guess Abrama is going for Pep, as for defending a criminal, i can only assume you mean JT? we all presume to know what he said but he was found innocent in a court of law.

If we need Henry back to inspire our players then that shows you how far we have fallen.

After that 1st half performance, if Koscielny had scored, we'd all be accusing the team of letting their foot off the pedal, of being complacent, and not killing off the game. When in reality, it was actually an average performance, where our team was trying as best as they could, but the quality just wasn't there.

After that 1st half performance, if Koscielny had scored, we'd all be accusing the team of letting their foot off the pedal, of being complacent, and not killing off the game. When in reality, it was actually an average performance, where our team was trying as best as they could, but the quality just wasn't there.

You mean like almost every week, with the odd exception.

I don't really understand why the Ox, who hasn't had much time this season, was taken off, and replaced by Ramsey for that matter. We scored the 2nd goal in the 63rd minute, I would have thought Wenger would like to give his key players some rest and sub out the likes of Giroud and Cazorla a lot sooner.

He hasn't swapped shirts with a decent footballer for a while?

I understand AFC fans wanting out as he's been poor but that swapping shirts incident was nothing special, Brazilian players do this all the time (swapping shirts in half-time happens in pretty much all games here) and as his wife said, he won't stop being a friend of another player only because the other player moved to a different (rival) team.

I understand AFC fans wanting out as he's been poor but that swapping shirts incident was nothing special, Brazilian players do this all the time (swapping shirts in half-time happens in pretty much all games here) and as his wife said, he won't stop being a friend of another player only because the other player moved to a different (rival) team.

Its just an idiotic thing to do in fornt of all the cameras, all he had to do was wait anopther 20 yards and done it in the tunnel. It was always going to create an over the top reaction especially for someone who has been woeful for us. If it had been Santi the fans would have been anoyed a little bit but then forgiven him because hes soo good, with Santos its just another stick to beat him with.

Archived