Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see what changing Wenger at this stage would do, he made the right changes today and the players did nothing for him, literally nothing. Ox lost the ball countless times, Giroud, I barely noticed and Rosicky barely touched it.

I don't see what changing Wenger at this stage would do, he made the right changes today and the players did nothing for him, literally nothing. Ox lost the ball countless times, Giroud, I barely noticed and Rosicky barely touched it.

Rather odd to blame the subs.

Wenger's bought these players. They aren't performing for him as manager.

Who actually thinks Wenger could be sacked by tomorrow? Also it is the fact that RVP went. Giroud scored goals at Montpellier but he is not good enough to do what RVP done at Arsenal and that is going to cost you. I seriously doubt top for for you this season. Only thing is every season you lot are getting worse but you seem to make it top for however. This season I highly doubt it tough.

I dont want him to go, but it's got to the situation where he can't be defended anymore, the bigger problem is though, who could realistically do better because nothings guaranteed!

I'm also in the camp where I don't want him to go, but he is at the moment making it difficult to defend him. There are very few positives to come up with at the moment.

What I meant was, it's rather odd to single out the poor performance of the subs. The players that started the game should be more under the microscope.

In the past week, a lot of Wenger's criticism has been on subs, people think him not making the right changes has lost us points.

Today, he made the changes that people actually wanted, and we still didn't get the points, just highlights the point to the fans that making the right sub at the right time doesn't always have a positive impact or the impact that the fans would expect.

I mean last season, Ox was a sub to get excited about, he would create danger from nothing. Most of this season he has done the same, but today he was very sloppy, the fans got on his back when he was running backwards (due to pressure, which the last 3 teams seem to have worked out that we can't deal with) and he lost the ball.

Who actually thinks Wenger could be sacked by tomorrow? Also it is the fact that RVP went. Giroud scored goals at Montpellier but he is not good enough to do what RVP done at Arsenal and that is going to cost you. I seriously doubt top for for you this season. Only thing is every season you lot are getting worse but you seem to make it top for however. This season I highly doubt it tough.

You can't sell the best player in the league and replace him with Giroud. 2 years ago we also sold the best player in the league imo (Fab) and didn't even bother to replace him. We sold the runner up player of the year in Nasri in the same season and you guessed it, we never replaced him, unless you consider Gervinho, which hurts so much I can't describe the feeling.

I hate to overact but that is the limit. We didn't deserve to win, first half we were pretty useless. We've got big problems, not just individually, but collectively. The cohesion, the morale its all over the place. I'm starting to look around this team and think, who are some of these players, really?

Giroud scores the odd goals for you but clearly is not good enough to fire you to trophies. Similar to Torres at Chelsea but Chelsea have other players who bail him out which Arsenal cannot. I think firstly you need to get a Cavani type striker and an out and out winger IMO. Wenger looks totally dejected as well, I will not be surprised if he offers his resignation

You can't sell the best player in the league and replace him with Giroud. 2 years ago we also sold the best player in the league imo (Fab) and didn't even bother to replace him. We sold the runner up player of the year in Nasri in the same season and you guessed it, we never replaced him, unless you consider Gervinho, which hurts so much I can't describe the feeling.

Completely agree with you mate. I say it now like I said then, selling RVP to United was ridiculous and then gambling on a striker to replace him who had 1 good season in the French league. You got good money for RVP but ultimately United are reaping the benefits.

Wallcott IS gonna leave. Not that he is world class, but he has improved and his time at arsenal looks like its about to come to fruition. This is only gonna compound the problems. That will be 3 years in a row where our best player(s) has left. That just can't happen at a big club, regardless of the big fees you may get.

Wallcott IS gonna leave. Not that he is world class, but he has improved and his time at arsenal looks like its about to come to fruition. This is only gonna compound the problems. That will be 3 years in a row where our best player(s) has left. That just can't happen at a big club, regardless of the big fees you may get.

Walcott is not Arsenal's best player.

Giroud has been playing decent off course. But can he replicate what RVP done? Not at all and in games he has scored he still looks invisible a lot throughout it. The errors are clear to see. Even last season when you had your bad form you knew you could always rely on RVP. I still think Podolski needs more time to prove himself in the CF position. He is not suited to playing week in week out on the wing

Pure utter **** of a team today, been saying for ages that our player's arent suited to this 4-5-1 he insists on playing, that we would be better off with a 4-4-2 diamond, Pod is waste on the wing, he doesnt have the stamina for it either, which is why he has been the most subbed player in the prem this season, Arteta for all the praise we have given him this season is not the right guy for the defensive role in midfield, no excuse for losing against Swansea, we supposedly play similar brands of football with us meant to be one of the best teams at it(which would be true if we didnt sell the players that gave us so much success with the system), the pitch was fine, so no excuse for tired legs like we had at Villa, home venue, pretty much our first eleven with the exception of Kosh and Sagna, can understand why walcott might be on his way out, we either need to change manager to someone who has tactical flexibility or the board needs to wake the **** up, and let Usmanov throw millions at the team so we can buy it like City and Chelski, which is another point as usual the teams around us do favors for us beating/drawing the teams we are meant to be challenging for the title but as usual our team doesnt step up and take advantage of it.

Reading our thread and my own posts i realise we are all a bunch of over entitled spoilt brats:p

I've talked Giroud up before, but I wonder if he is good enough to be the no 1 striker at Arsenal.

It's hard to say given that his supply is so poor. The runs he makes are better than any striker we've had for years - it's been quite refreshing to see one of our strikers make good runs.

I'm not saying he is good enough, but I think it's hard to write him off when he's playing in a team playing so poorly. He's not a RvP who can make his own chances, he's an out-and-out striker so he relies on supply and he isn't getting that.

I think any decent out and out striker would struggle to score goals in this team.

I hate to say it but what will improve if we sack Wenger? Does anyone actually trust the board to hire an improvement?

We are crap. The players are under-performing Wenger is mostly to blame for that. The lack of good players? That is a much bigger and more important question which is difficult to answer tbh. Wenger could spend resources better but is he being provided with enough resources? I doubt it.

He won't be sacked soon as he can get a lot out of little. However I can't see him turning it around any time soon and returning us to glory and that has been the case since the carling cup **** up.

I've talked Giroud up before, but I wonder if he is good enough to be the no 1 striker at Arsenal.

He has great positioning and work rate, but we have **** "wingers" who are not wingers.

David Moyes wont come to us, he says he gets more money to spend at Everton.

The previous sentence was sarcasm.

If only we had players like Michu!

That's one of the problems isn't it?

Wenger has built up a name for his work in the transfer market, but lately, it hasn't worked out has it? His upper mid-range buys remain pretty good, with players like Kos, Per, and Cazorla.

However, look at how much resources he's wasted on players like Gervinho and Chamakh and Squid. He says there's no value in the market, but when you look around the market, there are bargains to be made everywhere. Michu, top goal-scoring midfielder from La Liga was sold for 2m. Wenger said we need to spread the goals around after RvP left, that might have been a good choice. Chamakh was Wenger's bargain striker, but he failed to spot Demba Ba? I'm sure there are even more bargains made in foreign markets as well.

Given that Chelsea's 'answer' was to hire Benitez, who the hell would we get halfway through a season?

He isn't going to get sacked yet. There's more chance that he'll resign, but I don't think he'll do that yet either. The same old whiners can keep going on like a broken record, but I'll be genuinely shocked if he went now and unless things get really dire, I'll be surprised if he goes before the end of the season even if it's apparent we aren't going to qualify for the CL.

It's hard to say given that his supply is so poor. The runs he makes are better than any striker we've had for years - it's been quite refreshing to see one of our strikers make good runs.

I'm not saying he is good enough, but I think it's hard to write him off when he's playing in a team playing so poorly. He's not a RvP who can make his own chances, he's an out-and-out striker so he relies on supply and he isn't getting that.

I think any decent out and out striker would struggle to score goals in this team.

I think Retro is spot on here

Hes definately got qualities with his height etc,. He'd be good to have in the mix with another top striker. You would think we could do with signing another striker. Wenger would argue, Wallcott can play through the middle, Podolski can play there, Gervinho can play there, Chamakkkk can play when needed, so we have 5 strikers. It just gives me a headache...

I hate to say it but what will improve if we sack Wenger? Does anyone actually trust the board to hire an improvement?

We are crap. The players are under-performing Wenger is mostly to blame for that. The lack of good players? That is a much bigger and more important question which is difficult to answer tbh. Wenger could spend resources better but is he being provided with enough resources? I doubt it.

He won't be sacked soon as he can get a lot out of little. However I can't see him turning it around any time soon and returning us to glory and that has been the case since the carling cup **** up.

We could end up like Blackburn, moan about getting him out and then get in someone either more incompetent than the last guy.

I do feel sorry for wenger as the board have made him a scape goat, but he should be wise enough to adapt his tactics to suit the players he has, that's what managers are meant to do i thought?

We wont return to glory till we spend **** loads of money, Ferguson kicks the bucket or the financial fair play has effect the arsenal board seem to think it will(which i highly doubt it will because you can bet there are teams of people at clubs working on the loop holes to abuse it), i personally was content finishing 4th every season, i got to see my team win a large percentage of games, and we finished above our rivals, theres no real reason we cant do that again this season, cause it could be alot worse, i could be a QPR fan, and then id wonder as a football fan why i bothered to wake up in the morning.

Archived