Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

I'm not too sure our defensive problem has to do with the lack of "extra steel."

Also, our build up play has been pretty bad lately. Will removing a technical player help in that regard?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lb & an extra forward is what we need imo. Santos and gibbs are not reliable and we need a striker of the highest calibre. I think our chance creation problems are to do with the brand of football we play, pass pass pass allow opposition to get behind the ball and fail the penetrate.

Lb & an extra forward is what we need imo. Santos and gibbs are not reliable and we need a striker of the highest calibre. I think our chance creation problems are to do with the brand of football we play, pass pass pass allow opposition to get behind the ball and fail the penetrate.

Gibbs is fine. Been excellent this season. That last point though is incorrect that isn't out style of football. That is what happens when we are't playing well Wenger likes quicker football it's just possession is a means to an end. We need players who can turn on the ball like Diaby, Wilshere, Oxo and Cazorla as they make our play dynamic

Anyway Arteta provides more defensive discipline than Song did last season

Our play breaks down on the wings as well. Last year, the Sagna/Walcott partnership was very good, and I think they'll do well again this year, if they get to play togther. However, Gervinho break things down. Podolski also isn't a ball-carrier, nor is he very good with patient buildup play. His best work is when we play fast direct football.

Our play breaks down on the wings as well. Last year, the Sagna/Walcott partnership was very good, and I think they'll do well again this year, if they get to play togther. However, Gervinho break things down. Podolski also isn't a ball-carrier, nor is he very good with patient buildup play. His best work is when we play fast direct football.

Podolski and Gibbs was very effective as Gibbs' width allowed Podolski to do what he wanted however with Santos or TV he doesn't have that support. Podolski is one of the players who with the right support from left back who can add speed to it with 1-2s without that support he is a bit pointless.

Walcott and Podolski both cut in far too much, Walcott will stick a bit wider, but Podolski just makes no wide runs. With Vermaelen behind him at LB, we had no attacking threat down the left, but when Gibbs is there,we do a lot better down the left, all you have to remember is the Southampton game, where 4 of our goals came from play down the left, as did many of our chances, but we had Gervinho coming wide from the striker position to help on the wings.

We'd barely have to put effort in lol, So looking more and more likely that Walcotts off on a free, which sucks huge donkey penis. Gazidis is continuing his climb in the ranks of the footballing world i saw today hes been made a member of the UEFA board or something?

Arsenal's CEO or its equivalent seems to be quite respected. I remember Dein being one of the most influential figure in European football with all his key positions.

Draw was probably a fair point. I'm disappointed we didn't do better though. Both sides were pretty average. We can do better, and we need to start doing better.

Tbf, it isn't evidence at all? The league is average.

It doesn't matter what the league is. We're better than the average of this league, but we're not performing like it at the moment.

Seen in the papers today that players are being offered new contracts with wage cut clauses in case we don't get CL next season.

Seriously, are these utter cretins deliberately trying to purge all of the class and quality from the team??

Archived