Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic move! What timing! Just when we need to convince players who already question our ambition to renew expiring contracts the club pull this one out of the bag.

Goodbye Walcott. Goodbye Sagna. Goodbye Champions League football.

Will the last player to leave Arsenal please turn out the lights.

Typical over-reaction from the usual drama llamas.

It's a common sense decision from Arsenal, and one all clubs should be doing. Maybe the phraseology is wrong, and they should be offered a basic salary with financial incentive for Champions League qualification.

Jesus christ :D If another club was doing it and we weren't we would be hearing about how inept they are for not incentivising performance

Yeah, it's not like we've got £70m in the bank to add real quality and guarantee CL football.

Oh, hang on....

It's then understandable why those 70M stays in the bank.

It really isn’t as the debt is the form long term sustainable loans and £98m is peanuts to a club generating £250m+ revenue each season.

The lack of investment is recklessly risking the clubs future ability to generate the same kind of revenues.

Asset stripping is not a sustainable business plan.

I think I read somewhere that much of the 70m is untouchable. As part of the loan deal (with fantastic interest rate I might add) we must keep a certain amount of liquidity in our bank account.

I think I read somewhere that much of the 70m is untouchable. As part of the loan deal (with fantastic interest rate I might add) we must keep a certain amount of liquidity in our bank account.

Utter tosh.

If its untouchable then why have the board and Wenger claimed for years that there is plenty of money in the bank for transfers?

Utter tosh.

If its untouchable then why have the board and Wenger claimed for years that there is plenty of money in the bank for transfers?

People need to wake up and realise we generate masses amounts of money as a football club whilst still getting outspent on transfers by every other club in the division.

Utter tosh.

People need to wake up and realise we generate masses amounts of money as a football club whilst still getting outspent on transfers by every other club in the division.

Lets say 30/70 is untouchable. 40m is still more money than we've ever had.

Also, we're not being out spent by every team. Our wage is at record level, and is 4th biggest in the league. That's where most of ou money as gone to. Unfortunately, it's been inefficiently spent on players who don't contribute enough for us, like Diaby and Chamakh.

It does make you wonder how far Wenger can go though, say we get to January the 2nd after the Southampton game and we're still mid table and look mediocre. I would hope that wouldn't be the case and know we should end up better off. But just wonder how the situation would look for Wenger if that did ever happen? Could the club bring themselves to mount pressure on such an icon and one who many adore and believe can't be replaced with a better solution?

Last 3 games have been some of the worst Arsenal games I've ever seen. No movement, we cannot deal with teams pressing us high (as shown marvellously in the second goal today).

Just needs something different in the team.

Archived