What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I don't want to blow my own horn nor be an ass, but... I have noted that you, Herbert, tend to comment fairly often in this thread, but often in less constructive manner. I propose that instead of pointing out that people are wrong or that their ideas aren't that good, you'd pick out the ideas that you think are genuinely good, which is what I generally try to do here. Those ideas will then get more attention, which is a lot more useful. :)

Not that it's just Herbert, or that I haven't done the same on occasion.

This applies to everyone including me.

The majority of the comments I make are to try and get people to discuss their ideas further to show how they could actually work by talking through the flaws, playing devils advocate if you will.

I will give you the one you have quoted doesn't do that so well, but due to it being so ridiculous and being answered by SI so many times before.

Telling someone their idea is good and giving it a cheesy smile or a thumbs up adds nothing, but merely pollutes the thread and makes someone sat on a computer somewhere feel a tiny bit better. Talking through the flaws in someones idea to try and get them to explain what they mean and refine or improve their idea is much more productive.

Whilst I'll admit perhaps I could word some comments in a way less likely to hurt fragile egos, don't you tell me what to do.

(inb4 if a mod inevitably tells me to wind it, which would be different)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think you're being a tad harsh on Herbert, and we've had a tete-a-tete or two in the past. Either way, I'd much rather have someone like him commenting and giving ideas some attention, albeit critical attention if he thinks the idea's a non-starter, than for ideas to go completely ignored. And the same goes for anyone who posts in this thread- discussion, even negative discussion, means that at least ideas are being kicked about. And I'd point to the fact that he went to the effort to translate another user's whole post in Portuguese on the previous page, to ensure the idea got a hearing.

The thing is, just from the way in which the game has developed so far, it's not difficult to identify that some ideas are just not going to happen. There are restrictions that have, at various points, come from statements in long-lost threads by people who do work for SI or Sega to say that X will never be included (one example that springs to mind is players developing life-threatening illnesses), or that Y can't be done because of agreements with other parties involved in the game, such as licensing issues. If it's been said before that something won't happen, I don't think there's any harm in pointing that out, to allow the conversation to move onto ideas which are more plausible and discussion which could aid the development of the game.

And, since I feel dirty posting in this thread without actually discussing any specific development of the game, I'll do so.

Basically, I do not want any new features for FM14. I do not want anything new introduced. I want the parts of the game that already exist to be given time and attention, and to be developed to such a point that they are working in a way which contributes positively to the game experience. There are any number of areas which feel as though someone has said "that's a good idea, let's put that in", and then left at that point. FM built its name and reputation on being engrossing, on having great depth in its database. And yet some of the features introduced in recent years have not come close to that same level of depth.

The big one is interaction, with players, with other managers, with the press. This covers press conferences, talking with players, team talks, interacting with the board- in each and every one of these sections, choices are extremely repetitive and limited, to a point that makes them tedious and predictable. If you want outcome X, you choose option Y. Repeat ad nauseum.

I have stated previously, possibly not in this thread, that contract negotiations with players and (especially) staff are another area which would benefit from development, particularly in terms of depth and variety. Both this and the interaction work together to create the populace of the game as individuals, rather than just a list of names.

AI Squad Development is still a problem, particularly in longer games- it should not be the case that within ten years, someone is taking a random Blue Square team to becoming runaway Premier League Champions, and then to Champions League Finals. I have only anecdotal evidence in terms of FM13, as I've not bought the full game myself, but it seems people are still managing to do this with relative ease- in FM12, it's certainly the case.

Youth Development is another area which exists in the game, but in a minimalist way. One of the things FML did that was interesting was develop an academy concept to recruit and train youngsters- while this may be argued as a "new" feature, youth recruitment is already being given a token nod. The potential for improvement in the area is huge- and again, it's an existing area.

I shuddered when Miles announced "900 new features" for FM13. I'm glad FMC has been a success and enabled people with less time to play, even though it has no appeal for me personally. I'm still disappointed the DoF was implemented the way it was, but that was a conscious choice that was made, so OK. Indeed, both of those could also stand to be developed further. But my concern is that FM14 will try and boast more "new" features, again leaving the existing ones to stagnate. To improve the gaming experience, it doesn't necessarily need new ideas. It needs the ones which are there to be given TLC, developed and expanded. That's my wish.

I don't know if this has been suggested but I had an idea for a better regen system, currently the quality of regens is determined by the national youth rating, and I thought that it would be better and make for a more interesting game if the stat was dynamic like the reputation system. For example, currently the nations such as France, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Italy and England produce the best player just like in real life but what currently happens is boring, if you manage a team in Hungary for example, you have led them to huge success, the league has the best reputation, all of your youth facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment are at max, you still struggle to find wonderkids in your youth team when intake day arrives. I think that all of these things should factor in the national youth rating improving or declining and It could be rated with the stars like league reputation and player ability, so that you can produce the best you can but of course the whole league would have to be doing well in these areas to improve. Otherwise the top teams will always stay top. It would be interesting if you could have Faroe Island superstars and then they would be able to compete in top international competitions. Also, I have seen it mentioned before but, having academies and seeing the players develop would be interesting. Just thought it would make the game more interesting

FM13 for me is complete and dont need any new features.

If you extend the game with to many options/selections it might come annoying.

I think with FM14 you should focus on Multiplayer part and give us some more fun with it.

I will not come into any specifics - Im sure SI know what to do ...

About normal-single game just keep up good work and keep BUGS away.

Telling someone their idea is good and giving it a cheesy smile or a thumbs up adds nothing, but merely pollutes the thread and makes someone sat on a computer somewhere feel a tiny bit better. Talking through the flaws in someones idea to try and get them to explain what they mean and refine or improve their idea is much more productive.
Yeah, I think you're being a tad harsh on Herbert, and we've had a tete-a-tete or two in the past. Either way, I'd much rather have someone like him commenting and giving ideas some attention, albeit critical attention if he thinks the idea's a non-starter, than for ideas to go completely ignored. And the same goes for anyone who posts in this thread- discussion, even negative discussion, means that at least ideas are being kicked about. And I'd point to the fact that he went to the effort to translate another user's whole post in Portuguese on the previous page, to ensure the idea got a hearing.

I am not trying to offend. And it admittedly wasn't very tactful to single out one person for this, I should have spoken in purely general terms instead. I'm sorry for that.

I agree that discussion is a good thing and that it's not productive to just cheesy-smile-and-thumbs-up ideas. I also think that it's similarly unproductive to just give a thumbs-down for an idea. I do find productive to instead refine the good ideas, put a spin on them, try to figure out how they could be implemented into the game in a feasible manner.

You don't have to agree with me and are most welcome to ignore my suggestions if you don't fancy them. I only stated what I would like to see more of in this thread and what I would like if I were a SI developer.

(And at this point I suggest that we keep this particular discussion as short as possible and turn back to the ideas.)

Totally of topic but, does everyone remember the April fools stunt from SI?

I would love to see that actually released, I was actually fooled and got my hopes up about it!

Or maybe even like FM Challenges you could have Premier League Years such as managing Man United in 1999, West Brom in 2005 (great escape!)

I am not trying to offend. And it admittedly wasn't very tactful to single out one person for this, I should have spoken in purely general terms instead. I'm sorry for that.

(And at this point I suggest that we keep this particular discussion as short as possible and turn back to the ideas.)

Don't worry, I can't claim that other-people should be thick-skinned then take undue offence myself, and I don't disagree with most of what you say.

I'll try to be less impolite with certain criticisms no matter how stupid they are. I reject the notion that 'putting a good spin' on a bad idea is necessarily of value; even though I see how it can be considered the inverse of me trying to force people to defend their ideas, I still don't think this means it is equal.

But, as you say, back to the (so-called) ideas!

Hmmm, where do I start?!?!

1) Backroom advice. I think we all agree this needs a revamp, although it's difficult to see how, I must admit...

2) Mentoring. Somehow, every time I ask a youngster if they would like the current World Player of the Year or equivalent as their mentor, they reply reluctantly "All right then". Surely more enthusiasm needed? Sorry, I know it's just a minor point, but it brings me on to my next...

3) Voice Tones. For me, they don't seem to make much of a difference, especially in Press Conferences. If they ask me about a former player that we're about to face, it doesn't matter whether I reply Agressively or Cautiously, the follow up question, the news item, and the effect is always identical.

4) Press Conferences. WAAAY too predictable. Always the same questions, always the same choice of answers. No variety, nothing interesting about them, but I have to attend them because my AssMan is always more than likely to majorly screw it up...And quite a few possible questions are redundant. When was the last time someone asked SAF who he thought would be Player of the Year, or Martínez who he thought would win the league? And there are a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

5) Manager relationships. More in-depth please? It seems like at the moment, the only possible relationships to have with a manager are "No relationship", "Feels the two of you could become friends" and "Has a fairly poor opinion of you", and what's more, they seem impossible to change. So many more options could be added here "Likes to play mind games with you", "Wary", "Respectful", "Despises you" and so much more. This could easily add spice and flair to matches and derbies. This could also be extended to relationships between managers and clubs. For example, if I am manager of Manchester United, I may make some incendiary comments about Man City or Liverpool. If I get sacked and those clubs want me, there should me a media/fan furore (and of course, those clubs probably shouldn't approach me). Additionally, if I get the job, I should find it hard to win over the team, or indeed the fans, and maybe there should be news items calling for my sacking from the fans?

6) Rivalries. Rivalries are dynamic. Through comments I or my players make in the press, or my sudden, extended competitiveness for a title or for relegation, rivalries should be expected to build up. Likewise with player transfers between the two clubs. (Think Arsenal and Man City)

7) Crowds. Very average. Depending on whether they're Milwall fans or Arsenal fans, there should be a certain intensity when playing at home. And highly likelyhood of crowd trouble, especially during derbies, games of big importance, games with players who have been transferred (Campbell, Figo, Nasri, RvP, Ronaldo, Tevez, etc.) and of course games with players from different ethnic backgrounds. Clubs should be fined for incidences of racism, and a manager should be allowed to criticise the fans in an interview, etc.

8) Fan feedback. The pressure of fans is great, whether calling for a sacking, or for a hiring, or even for a certain player to be signed or sold, or a certain position to be strengthened. Don't underestimate their power in FM14.

9) Transfers 1. There is a huge discrepancy in transfers at the moment, particularly with younger, up-and-coming players. People like Antoine Griezmann or Bernard have this year commanded HUGE transfer fees. Especially when you consider their age and inexperience. Meanwhile, other superstars can be bought for a handful of coins. Literally. I'm not saying that these coups don't happen, but their frequency in FM13, and the frequency of big-money signings, is farcical at best. As are their contract demands.

10) Transfers 2. When I'm bidding for a well-known player, or for a highly rated youngster, there should be a whole raft of European clubs snapping at my heels, but they appear non-existant. The fight to sign players is so average at best in FM, and needs to be improved dramatically. Transfer window upon transfer window should bring the spotlight on to stars expected to move on (RvP, Bale, Ronaldo, etc.) and the competition for signatures should be increased. Increase the frequency of news items, club/manager/player press releases, etc.

11) Training. The vast majority of us don't really understand its fineries and how it actually works. To me it just seems like something that is 'there'. I sign coaches with 20 in that category, put them on that in training, and click yes when they tell me that so and so should be trained for Long Shots when he's a defender. And, there seems absolutely no way of changing a players one-footedness. I want to be able to train Robben's right foot, because it makes him such a better player.

12) Academies. These need to play a more important role, rather than just having the "Youth Candidates" every March. Appoint staff, have a look at the players and other clubs' players, improve the facilities, etc.

13) Team Talks. Again, too predictable. After a while, no team talk seems to have any effect whatsoever. Sometimes, I've holidayed a game, and we've beaten some team 5-4 after being 4-0 down at HT. What was my Assman's team talk? "None". There should be a much wider range of contextual things to say here!

14) Match-play. I don't know about you guys, but I found that this year wasn't as good as previously. It didn't look like a game of football was being played. Weird moves and tackles being made, and of course your most reliable defender regularly missing nice easy back-headers. All infuriating because it felt so fake. And celebrations need to be improved. Players taking shirts off should be more common (as well as that stupid yellow card for doing it). And I'd also like to see me join in a bit as well (Mourinho style at OT, for example)!

15) Scouting. Needs an urgent revamp, I think we'll all agree. For some reason, scouts with 20 CA and PA hand in identical report cards EVERY TIME to scouts with 12 for both. Something fishy? How about scouts recommending where they should go? I'd like them to tell me: "Hey whilst I'm chilling in Barbados looking for the next Afro-Caribbean superstar, why don't you send me to Mexico? I hear Chivas have this highly rated guy called Carlos Fierro. Why don't I check him out?" Also lets be honest, who actually 'attends' games that a potential transfer target is playing in? Anybody? I know this happens quite often, but maybe something should be done to be able to attend the game, and then get a match report card for the player afterwards?

16) Women's Football. This is something I'd really really like to see come in soon. I would love to manage a Ladies team, and be able to switch from a Men's to a Ladies team after being sacked. Having them running in tandem in-game would be marvellous. I could steal good coaches from the Woman's game, and of course the possibility of asking the Board to open a Women's franchise should be available.

17) Classic Teams. Maybe this is something that could be introduced into the Challenge Mode (which itself is really exciting, I must say). You should have the opportunity to rebuild a squad after disaster Matt Busby style, win the Europa League and then UCL Mourinho style, (or the opposite, Chelsea style!), go unbeaten, Invincibles style, the list just goes on...

18) Challenge Mode. As much as I love this, the only reason I haven't played it as much is because it's only available in that condensed version that I have a certain aversion for. Maybe it should be made playable in the normal format? Apart from this, Challenge Mode is really good!

19) Pre-Season Tour. I think that you should have the ability to pick the location for your Pre-Season Tour. This is especially relevant for big clubs, in terms of merchandising and fanbase.

20) Tactics. They seem very rigid to me. You can only put the players in the designated spots. You should be able to put players wherever (along with some of those yellow tactical arrows from the days of old that I miss so much). This applies identically to Set Pieces, and I think you should be allowed to develop, train and rehearse specific Set Piece Routines.

These are just a couple (x10!!!) of the changes that I have thought of off the top of my head. If I sat down and properly thought about it, this list could go on for a long time. That's not to say the game is in major need of a revamp, otherwise it wouldn't be the best selling of all the FMs!! Of course, with lots of these, there is the trouble with the AI and difficulties with the GUIs, but I have confidence in you guys SI!

7) Crowds. Very average. Depending on whether they're Milwall fans or Arsenal fans, there should be a certain intensity when playing at home. And highly likelyhood of crowd trouble, especially during derbies, games of big importance, games with players who have been transferred (Campbell, Figo, Nasri, RvP, Ronaldo, Tevez, etc.) and of course games with players from different ethnic backgrounds. Clubs should be fined for incidences of racism, and a manager should be allowed to criticise the fans in an interview, etc.

17) Classic Teams. Maybe this is something that could be introduced into the Challenge Mode (which itself is really exciting, I must say). You should have the opportunity to rebuild a squad after disaster Matt Busby style, win the Europa League and then UCL Mourinho style, (or the opposite, Chelsea style!), go unbeaten, Invincibles style, the list just goes on...

Some of these are good but.....

7 - You want a game with sponsors, licenses etc to bring in racism and crowd trouble? Completely aside from whether it would be realistic (it wouldn't) it would be suicide by SI. It won't happen.

17 - Debated often with the often response of being too big work with too big a db. Think about how much work would go into it. It couldn't happen with any satisfying degree of accuracy. My criticism isn't that it wouldn't be enjoyable.

Some of these are good but.....

7 - You want a game with sponsors, licenses etc to bring in racism and crowd trouble? Completely aside from whether it would be realistic (it wouldn't) it would be suicide by SI. It won't happen.

17 - Debated often with the often response of being too big work with too big a db. Think about how much work would go into it. It couldn't happen with any satisfying degree of accuracy. My criticism isn't that it wouldn't be enjoyable.

About 7, fair enough, was just a thought. Isn't the whole idea about making it realistic? The incidents can be random and don't have to be explicitly attributed to any club.

and 17, wouldn't it just require the same amount of work that goes in to creating the database for the current games? All it is is a different database with changed league and continental competition structures...

About 7, fair enough, was just a thought. Isn't the whole idea about making it realistic? The incidents can be random and don't have to be explicitly attributed to any club.
Even if it was randomly attributed to a club they wouldn't be happy about it. Crowd trouble is greatly reduced these days and I'm pretty sure that implementing it would lead to SI losing the support of any FAs with which they have affilliations

and 17, wouldn't it just require the same amount of work that goes in to creating the database for the current games? All it is is a different database with changed league and continental competition structures...

Yeh, it probably would. But creating a different database is what takes so much work for FM. How many players would you have in the challenge? 100, 200, 300? Have to create entries for all of these, and stats, and histories and everything else. Any of those numbers would be too few anyway. Who would do the research? Again I'm not saying it would be unenjoyable, but it would be unfeasible.

I more or less agreed with most of the others

for those of us who have pretty basic pc/laptops and dont like to load to many leagues and like to start of unemployed its always hard to get offered the managers job at a top club what i would like to see is in the same way that you can apply for under 21 national jobs we would be able to apply for the reserve team managers position at top clubs if they are available like after a manager gets sacked or something and if this real life under 21 champions league or reserve champions league what ever its going to be called that would be something to aim for

2) (by Arnoldzhu ) "Ok, how about providing a personal tactics settings function, which is used for saving a single player's player instructions for each player in your squad, so that we don't have to change or tweak slider by slider the player instructions in a tactics screen when a substitution is made, provided the player substituted on has a preset player instructions by us (the manager). And normally for example we can be allowed to configure 3 sets of player instructions for a player, because you might want the player to play in three different positions such as ST(his main position), AMC(second role) and AMR(third role)".

This! We've been asking for it for years. I can't believe it hasn't been implemented yet. Call it "Save custom player role" or something.

I would like to see an editor where it is possible to create a tournament the EA FIFA games way:

* choose amount of teams

* choose amount of rounds

* choose amount of matches in a round

* choose points and match rules

* choose dates

* click create and add as an xml or other file to your editor data

I would like to see an editor where it is possible to create a tournament the EA FIFA games way:

* choose amount of teams

* choose amount of rounds

* choose amount of matches in a round

* choose points and match rules

* choose dates

* click create and add as an xml or other file to your editor data

Erm, I'm 99.999% certain that you can do that already...

I just had the idea that it would be nice to phone the AI manager when you receive the message "asking price too high". It would be way easier if you could negotiate a transfer fee in the style that you negotiate contracts. It's such a hassle that you have to offer the player out again and again until your asking price is acceptable for the AI. No, DoF can not do that.

An improvement in the AI transfer market, specifically with regards to making bids for my players. I've just completed 5 seasons with Southampton, taking them to EPL winners for 4 years. I've had 1 bid for a player in that time. My young players or established players have not had one bit of interest, even though they were the top performers in the league....thats just not realistic.

Also, a change to the potential of young players, rather than having a set PA, have a variable PA that can allow for a player to get better over time when he's receiving the proper training, tutoring and game time. Currently there is very little scope for producing the next Rickie Lambert and if you look through most of the team threads in GPTG the majority are all signing the same players in each save, variety is just not there until you find regens and those are either too well rounded at 18 or have high stats in required areas too early.

Firstly the fact there is now FMC has to go down as the biggest improvment to FM in the modern era so :applause::thup:

I like the challenges idea, given you something really "factual" to aim for so I guess having a few more of them would be good.

I mean have the "fergie" challenge, survive 27 years at utd winning the league in at least half those seasons, theres one for the long haul people here.

As for my number 1 thing, that's having trophy graphics/cabinet, always wanted picture of trophy to come up after winning it, I mean just would mean so so much more to say winning the fa cup,prem or Cl with that in the background etc. Then x years down the line you can look in cabinet and see all your winnings.

In the Transfer Centre page, have the player's position next to the name and make it possible to see what contract you've offered a player.

It would make it easier to keep track of the players you've put bids in for when trying to secure a number of targets.

Also, having signed a number of players on part-time contracts prior to a club getting Professional status, they are now unwilling to negotiate up to a full-time contract. Either make it so when you request to turn Professional, the board do it immediately, or make it so contracts are offered as full-time during negotiations if the club is planning to turn Professional.

I'd like an improved gameplay

more realistic fans

Different clauses in the managers contracts E.g. sign certain players before i join!!

Better advice by assistant and staff

improved commutation with the owners

improved scouting

1) Backroom advice. I think we all agree this needs a revamp, although it's difficult to see how, I must admit...

2) Mentoring. Somehow, every time I ask a youngster if they would like the current World Player of the Year or equivalent as their mentor, they reply reluctantly "All right then". Surely more enthusiasm needed? Sorry, I know it's just a minor point, but it brings me on to my next...

3) Voice Tones. For me, they don't seem to make much of a difference, especially in Press Conferences. If they ask me about a former player that we're about to face, it doesn't matter whether I reply Agressively or Cautiously, the follow up question, the news item, and the effect is always identical.

4) Press Conferences. WAAAY too predictable. Always the same questions, always the same choice of answers. No variety, nothing interesting about them, but I have to attend them because my AssMan is always more than likely to majorly screw it up...And quite a few possible questions are redundant. When was the last time someone asked SAF who he thought would be Player of the Year, or Martínez who he thought would win the league? And there are a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

5) Manager relationships. More in-depth please? It seems like at the moment, the only possible relationships to have with a manager are "No relationship", "Feels the two of you could become friends" and "Has a fairly poor opinion of you", and what's more, they seem impossible to change. So many more options could be added here "Likes to play mind games with you", "Wary", "Respectful", "Despises you" and so much more. This could easily add spice and flair to matches and derbies. This could also be extended to relationships between managers and clubs. For example, if I am manager of Manchester United, I may make some incendiary comments about Man City or Liverpool. If I get sacked and those clubs want me, there should me a media/fan furore (and of course, those clubs probably shouldn't approach me). Additionally, if I get the job, I should find it hard to win over the team, or indeed the fans, and maybe there should be news items calling for my sacking from the fans?

6) Rivalries. Rivalries are dynamic. Through comments I or my players make in the press, or my sudden, extended competitiveness for a title or for relegation, rivalries should be expected to build up. Likewise with player transfers between the two clubs. (Think Arsenal and Man City)

8) Fan feedback. The pressure of fans is great, whether calling for a sacking, or for a hiring, or even for a certain player to be signed or sold, or a certain position to be strengthened. Don't underestimate their power in FM14.

9) Transfers 1. There is a huge discrepancy in transfers at the moment, particularly with younger, up-and-coming players. People like Antoine Griezmann or Bernard have this year commanded HUGE transfer fees. Especially when you consider their age and inexperience. Meanwhile, other superstars can be bought for a handful of coins. Literally. I'm not saying that these coups don't happen, but their frequency in FM13, and the frequency of big-money signings, is farcical at best. As are their contract demands.

10) Transfers 2. When I'm bidding for a well-known player, or for a highly rated youngster, there should be a whole raft of European clubs snapping at my heels, but they appear non-existant. The fight to sign players is so average at best in FM, and needs to be improved dramatically. Transfer window upon transfer window should bring the spotlight on to stars expected to move on (RvP, Bale, Ronaldo, etc.) and the competition for signatures should be increased. Increase the frequency of news items, club/manager/player press releases, etc.

11) Training. The vast majority of us don't really understand its fineries and how it actually works. To me it just seems like something that is 'there'. I sign coaches with 20 in that category, put them on that in training, and click yes when they tell me that so and so should be trained for Long Shots when he's a defender. And, there seems absolutely no way of changing a players one-footedness. I want to be able to train Robben's right foot, because it makes him such a better player.

12) Academies. These need to play a more important role, rather than just having the "Youth Candidates" every March. Appoint staff, have a look at the players and other clubs' players, improve the facilities, etc.

13) Team Talks. Again, too predictable. After a while, no team talk seems to have any effect whatsoever. Sometimes, I've holidayed a game, and we've beaten some team 5-4 after being 4-0 down at HT. What was my Assman's team talk? "None". There should be a much wider range of contextual things to say here!

14) Match-play. I don't know about you guys, but I found that this year wasn't as good as previously. It didn't look like a game of football was being played. Weird moves and tackles being made, and of course your most reliable defender regularly missing nice easy back-headers. All infuriating because it felt so fake. And celebrations need to be improved. Players taking shirts off should be more common (as well as that stupid yellow card for doing it). And I'd also like to see me join in a bit as well (Mourinho style at OT, for example)!

15) Scouting. Needs an urgent revamp, I think we'll all agree. For some reason, scouts with 20 CA and PA hand in identical report cards EVERY TIME to scouts with 12 for both. Something fishy? How about scouts recommending where they should go? I'd like them to tell me: "Hey whilst I'm chilling in Barbados looking for the next Afro-Caribbean superstar, why don't you send me to Mexico? I hear Chivas have this highly rated guy called Carlos Fierro. Why don't I check him out?" Also lets be honest, who actually 'attends' games that a potential transfer target is playing in? Anybody? I know this happens quite often, but maybe something should be done to be able to attend the game, and then get a match report card for the player afterwards?

16) Women's Football. This is something I'd really really like to see come in soon. I would love to manage a Ladies team, and be able to switch from a Men's to a Ladies team after being sacked. Having them running in tandem in-game would be marvellous. I could steal good coaches from the Woman's game, and of course the possibility of asking the Board to open a Women's franchise should be available.

18) Challenge Mode. As much as I love this, the only reason I haven't played it as much is because it's only available in that condensed version that I have a certain aversion for. Maybe it should be made playable in the normal format? Apart from this, Challenge Mode is really good!

19) Pre-Season Tour. I think that you should have the ability to pick the location for your Pre-Season Tour. This is especially relevant for big clubs, in terms of merchandising and fanbase.

20) Tactics. They seem very rigid to me. You can only put the players in the designated spots. You should be able to put players wherever (along with some of those yellow tactical arrows from the days of old that I miss so much). This applies identically to Set Pieces, and I think you should be allowed to develop, train and rehearse specific Set Piece Routines.

These are just a couple (x10!!!) of the changes that I have thought of off the top of my head. If I sat down and properly thought about it, this list could go on for a long time. That's not to say the game is in major need of a revamp, otherwise it wouldn't be the best selling of all the FMs!! Of course, with lots of these, there is the trouble with the AI and difficulties with the GUIs, but I have confidence in you guys SI!

love all points on here

I would like to see in FM14 is to be able give my manager profile coaching stats, so that,for example, if I am in a lower league with only one or two staff, then I can be more hands-on in the training. Many managers in real life are also head coaches so this should be reflected in the game. The "real life" managers in the game have coaching attributes so why not the player's created manager? I would also like to be able to send a scout to specifically look for wonderkids

Can SI please do something about the situation where there is a recommended number of staff for a position, as in assistant manager (recommended two by the club), but when you try to sign another assistant manager the transfer is cancelled because does not see the need for the extra member of staff?

When you are managing etc Denmark then it would be nice if you could say to your players as the national coach "You need to play more games to be a part of the team" and "You need to find another club if you want to be on the team"

When you are managing etc Denmark then it would be nice if you could say to your players as the national coach "You need to play more games to be a part of the team" and "You need to find another club if you want to be on the team"

Good idea. I'm pretty sure it exists already though, although perhaps more freedom could be given as to when to say it. Just now players will contact you occasionally about why they haven't been selected, and sometimes (although not always) saying exactly what you have asked for is one of the options. I said it one to a player who then said something along the lines of "OK boss, I'll try and engineer a move".

Just one thing on your example with Robben - would you really be able to train him to use both feet in real life? There is a case for this with regens, but Robben is 29. I think it'd be very difficult (and patronising) to tell one of the best wingers in the world to alter his game.

So I posted a few ideas already but here is my latest one. Nearly every time I look on the fourms there are arguments over game balance, stupid ME instancences, too many deep free kicks leading to a goal, not enough direct free kicks scored, too many of this not enough of that.

So here is my idea; a built in balance editor or ME editor. Basically a part of the editor where ME events are are categorised and listed and are set to a editable value. Some of the top of my head

Goals Scored

----------Set pieces

----------------Corners =====[100%]

----------------Free kicks ===[100%]

----------------Long Throws = [100%]

----------------Penalty ==== [100%]

----------Headed Shots ======== [100%]

----------Placed Shots========= [100%]

----------Powered shots======== [100%]

----------Lobed shots========== [100%]

----------Own Goals=========== [100%]

----------Solo runs============ [100%]

Assist Types

----------Set pieces

----------Long Ball

----------Cross

----------Through Balls

----------Defender Mistake

----------Penalty

-----------------Bad tackle

-----------------Unsportsman like conduct

-----------------Handball

Bookings

----------Yellow

------------------Handball

----------Red

------------------Bad tackle

------------------Unsportsman like conduct

Sorry for the terrible attempt but not on my computer so cant actually mock up an editor screen shot, so I hope you get the Idea.

So you feel that not enough direct free kicks are scored you to the goal scored tab, then set pieces, then free kicks and stick the value to 150% so now when you use your edited file there will be 50% more direct free kicks scored. You feel not enough penalties are given for hand ball in the box you up that value, you find too many goals from deep free kicks you go to assist types, set pieces, free kicks, and lower the value.

Obviously this could be next to impossible to do for all I know and there is a lot more categories you could stick in, but at least this way you can get it to your personal opinion of how games should pan out. Personally I think not enough direct free kicks are scored and the free kick stat is next to useless, in older games I remember picking up one player over the other due to his dead ball abilities but other people probably are of a different opinion. People will prob say that that this would be easy to abuse but the editor is already there and can be abused anyway massive transfer budgets rampping up your favourite players CA/PA . Also even better if this feature was possible would to have it to be able to use on the fly, akin to the add remove leagues feature so after a season you can change it up rather than start a new game.

PLEASE-

1. Free kicks, split into direct and indirect. Not just left and right. I have some free kick takers with an identical free kick stat (say 15) whilst one has 5 crossing and 15 long shots, the other has 15 crossing and 5 long shots. It's clear I want player A over it if he fancies a shot, and player B if its going to be crossed.

2. More contract clauses & bonuses - for example bonuses, wage increases, release clauses and extra-year options triggered based upon a player's contribution to the various league expectations you're given (avoid relegation/safe mid-table/European qualification/win the league). Qualify for Europe = 50% wage rise. Avoid relegation = 50k bonus, etc etc.

3. Increase 'player power' and increase AI interest in your players. The transfer market, for me, is the 2nd most important feature in the game after the match engine. And AI squad building is largely still quite poor, even more so the further you get into the game. I'm 10 seasons in and had a striker score 20 goals in the Premiership every season for 7 seasons on the trot. One year he got 39 in all competitions and was European Golden Boot winner. Number of bids received in that time? Zero. His wage? 50k. He should be breaking down the door telling me he wants more money, as any player nowadays would do. And the biggest clubs in the world should be looking at a player like that. Prolific, consistent, rarely injured - but nothing, not a whiff of interest from anywhere. I'm guessing his CA and reputation was pretty average as he was only ever rated 3* maximum by my coaches, and the game obviously looks at that beyond any other evidence. IMO form and stats should come into it - we've all had players with incredible stats who were useless and players with average stats who far outplayed 'better' players in the squad. It became too easy as I knew he would score 20 and I never had to fight to keep him until he retired.

4. Stop Messi winning the Ballon D'Or EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. He's mid-30s and barely playing twenty games a season on mine now, scoring 10/12, and has won it about 9 or 10 years in a row. Meanwhile there's a regen for Arsenal on my game who scored 58 in 39 games. Can't help but feel he's more deserving. Again, reputation I suspect, is too highly weighted.

So I posted a few ideas already but here is my latest one. Nearly every time I look on the fourms there are arguments over game balance, stupid ME instancences, too many deep free kicks leading to a goal, not enough direct free kicks scored, too many of this not enough of that.

So here is my idea; a built in balance editor or ME editor. Basically a part of the editor where ME events are are categorised and listed and are set to a editable value. Some of the top of my head

Goals Scored

----------Set pieces

----------------Corners =====[100%]

----------------Free kicks ===[100%]

----------------Long Throws = [100%]

----------------Penalty ==== [100%]

----------Headed Shots ======== [100%]

----------Placed Shots========= [100%]

----------Powered shots======== [100%]

----------Lobed shots========== [100%]

----------Own Goals=========== [100%]

----------Solo runs============ [100%]

Assist Types

----------Set pieces

----------Long Ball

----------Cross

----------Through Balls

----------Defender Mistake

----------Penalty

-----------------Handball

Bookings

----------Yellow

----------Red

------------------Bad tackle

------------------Unsportsman like conduct

Sorry for the terrible attempt but not on my computer so cant actually mock up an editor screen shot, so I hope you get the Idea.

So you feel that not enough direct free kicks are scored you to the goal scored tab, then set pieces, then free kicks and stick the value to 150% so now when you use your edited file there will be 50% more direct free kicks scored. You feel not enough penalties are given for hand ball in the box you up that value, you find too many goals from deep free kicks you go to assist types, set pieces, free kicks, and lower the value.

Obviously this could be next to impossible to do for all I know and there is a lot more categories you could stick in, but at least this way you can get it to your personal opinion of how games should pan out. Personally I think not enough direct free kicks are scored and the free kick stat is next to useless, in older games I remember picking up one player over the other due to his dead ball abilities but other people probably are of a different opinion. People will prob say that that this would be easy to abuse but the editor is already there and can be abused anyway massive transfer budgets rampping up your favourite players CA/PA . Also even better if this feature was possible would to have it to be able to use on the fly, akin to the add remove leagues feature so after a season you can change it up rather than start a new game.

The testing involved in that would be absolutely massive. Like, enormous.

I would love to see a proper team photo that shows (if possible) all your players faces in your teams shirt. Or when you make a signing, you actually go to the press room and see your new signing in their new shirt. I think this would be great, especially if you make a big name signing like say you are the Arsenal manager and you sign Ronaldo, you go to the press room and see Ronaldo in an Arsenal shirt. That was a great feature of the Fifa games. One other idea would be to have job offers from other countries (but not have to select to play in multiple leagues on set up). So you are not slowing your computor down hoping for the Real Madrid job after a few successful years in England. If you are offered a foreign job and you decide to take it, then you just switch leagues automatically in add/remove leagues.

Just finished playing a game in the league and it reminded me of one thing I wanted to see in FM... I really HATE when players simulate fouls in the box and end up getting yellow cards for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct".

1. I want to Discipline that player (just like Discipline for Poor Performance)

2. I want to have a Personal Talk with this player and ask him to stop simulating these fouls. I wanna see Fair Play, bloody hell!

Testimonials for retiring players would be a good addition.

Option to become "real life managers" or former players so you take over their career so to speak with their history behind them e.g. you can "become" Brendan Rodgers and manage Liverpool having managed Swansea with that experience behind you.

option to select 2 or 3 "favoured" staff from database before you start so these members of staff are willing to take pay-cuts etc to link up with you in your new job.

Invitations to TV shows such as MOTD or Sky Sports News (with a different name if you can't acquire permission to include MOTD in-game).

pre-match interviews with TV channel covering your game when on live.

option to loan player back to former club when signing him i.e. Zaha's loan move to Palace after signing for MUFC.

celebration scenes after trophy win.

option for open-top bus parades which could improve relationship with supporters.

Clean up media interactions so managers in lower leagues aren't being questioned on Golden Boot nominations etc.

charity events to boost relations with local area. Sending players to visit hospitals/schools etc.

Job interviews when applying for new jobs. Chairman creates a shortlist & then interviews all applicants on that shortlist.

and I know this was ruled out in the original post on this thread in 2012 but..

I really feel as if something needs to be with wages we earn rather than making this money redundant & useless. It would make managers more 'human' which would be a fantastic improvement.

Hopefully the game can add some more realistic bonus, like hat trick bonus, team of the week, bonus pre season fitness bonus and maybe world player of the year bonus. Also I would like to see changes during aging, how can a 16 year old keeps the same height till he's retired, Also players' weight should play a much bigger factor into their strength and agility stats. Last thing please make the game harder, haven't miss a single release since CM 97, the one thing hasn't been dramatic improve is the AI ability to retain their young talent. AI don't put up a good enough fight retaining their gifted young player. A perfect real life example is Neymar, his transfer to Barca was heavily delay by him and his club. Also would like the media plays a bigger factor into the player's performance, I want to media to criticize the player without being mention in the press conference or being mention by the manager. Like the real life media, the bigger club you are in, the bigger scrutinized you experience and being psychoanalysis by the media independently. Also would like a medical facility apart from the training facility would like player to experience more minor injury, in real life players has a lot of sore ankle or sore knee issues

Either allow a column with the average of all coaches' opinions on a certain player (rather than just the assistant or scout). Alternatively, have a setting to be able to pick a particular coach in charge of 'rating' each of the players. That way I can use the coach (not necessarily the asst) that has the best ability to rate players.

Completely agree with pretty much all these points, especially the rivalries and manager relationships with you. Like the idea of asking the board to open new franchises to boost the club's reputation and fanbase, eg Women's team, or MLS team (like Man city have just done). Would like the acadamies to go down to even younger players like in real life, as in reality players have already been at the club for 7-8 years when they are 16

Players responding to your selection for the match. Could be positive or negative responses and affect performance.

For instance you leave star player out. Could have some saying "wants to make his mark with x not playing" and some saying "unsure if team can win without x".

Same sort of thing with academy players coming into team or playing someone out of position etc.

Another thing i would like to see is midway during season your asked what you want in your academy players. E.g. I want a Central Midfielder

Could also have it that you request academy players work on specific attribute like dribbling or passing depending on how you want your team to play.

I'm sure this has been suggested so far, but future transfers for managers. If the previous manager gets sacked, the club is lead by the assistant or perhaps some sort of quick fix is found until the next manager arrives.

And I'm also bumping my old suggestion, that has been ignored...

Here is my suggestion, hope no one mentioned it yet:

Not a biggie, but still would be useful, better search options in the editor... Searching people by contract's expiring date and searching clubs/nations without a manager to be able to edit it...

Thanks

More common sense, please. Players should naturally push forward and drive harder to equalise if they're 1-0 down in the 80th minute. As it stands they really have to be instructed to do EVERYTHING. They should think more independently.

I've noticed the final whistle always goes almost exactly on the allotted time - sometimes even when the I have the ball in the opposition penalty box.

Some chairmen should make it mandatory for transfer negotiations to be handled by the Director of Football or Chief Scout (as the case with most clubs - at least those in the top tiers).

The opportunity to just rip into one of your players via the shout instructions. Player is playing badly, option to shout at him.

There are obviously improvements to be made in training & scouting, which considering the revamp they've both had for FM13 is understandable. There are several good ideas regarding those areas on this thread.

However, two areas I haven't seen mentioned are;

1) Fixture scheduling

No matter what league & competitions I'm involved in there always seems to be an awful lot of problems concerning fixture congestion. I know this can happen, but when problems occur there doesn't tend to be much logic behind it.

2) Game Engine - Corners

Time after time, when taking a corner I see it cleared. Understandable enough, but it's the way the players react to the clearance that's bugs me. My players will chase the ball, for a bit, but if it's too far away they'll just give up & go back into their regular positions. In real matches players would try & get behind the ball in order to avoid being caught on the counter, regardless of whether they were an attacker or not.

The idea of this is a rather radical change/extension to the game.

The overall idea Is that you are able to be that you(the player) are in the boardroom I.e one of the owners. This would mean that you are in charge of the whole club, managers, staff, finances.

By managers the idea is that you are the one who chooses the manager of a club, you are able to hire and fire managers along the season dependent upon how well your manager is doing.

By being in charge of the finances this would mean that you take control of the start of season expectation transfer/wage budget.

If you feel that the club is in a bad financial situation you may take out loans, aslong as their are ways of paying the bank/investors back. This would mean deciding on monthly payments based upon the clubs profits, and then retaining whatever profits their are to be able to pay off whatever outstanding debts the the club have.

Another option of this is that you are able to sell your part of a business to another investor, meaning that you could become part of the board at a new club until you reach the club that you want to own.

You are the one that the manager will come to, to ask for additional funds, stadium expansions and feeder clubs etc.

Archived