Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little confused on if this belongs in the bug forum or here. It's a crash issue, but it never happened until 12.1 so I'm going to throw it on here.

Eery since getting 12.1 I've had the game CTD at seemingly random moments. I've verified the integrity in Steam a few times with no luck. Since 12.1 I am able to play for about 15 - 30 minutes before CTD occurs with a notification that a dump file generated, but I'm not too sure how to get it on here.

Any suggestions? Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Any explanation for the attribute arrows Ackter, or would that have to be directed at someone from SI?

They're meant to show trends in the attributes, the attribute changes don't have to be visible for an arrow to show up.

So even if an attribute drops by 0.1 so that you can't see it, it would still display as a small downward arrow.

I'm a little confused on if this belongs in the bug forum or here. It's a crash issue, but it never happened until 12.1 so I'm going to throw it on here.

Eery since getting 12.1 I've had the game CTD at seemingly random moments. I've verified the integrity in Steam a few times with no luck. Since 12.1 I am able to play for about 15 - 30 minutes before CTD occurs with a notification that a dump file generated, but I'm not too sure how to get it on here.

Any suggestions? Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Yeah, bugs forum would be the best place for that. Make sure to include as much information as you can about it :thup:

From your manager profile (Hit the Home button to get there), go to "Options" (not preferences) and have a look a the defaults on that page.

See if any of them are set wrong for you.

Ackter I have changed these settings to what I want but it still happens? Any other ideas?

Well, for me, the latest patch breaks more stuff than it actually fixes and all of that is already widely mentioned and discussed in the bugs forum. Since Steam has become mandatory this year, it's also quite impossible to revert back to a prior patch, at least I know of no legal way to do so. As of now, I'll be starting a new career game with FM11.

This isn't really an issue of this patch at all, but I want it to be said, that patch-handling has become very poor this year. I'm absolutely not speaking about your efforts SI, because I appreciate all you're doing to fix the game, even when it does me little good personally. But what I'm seriously missing in this year's release is the possibility to revert back to a prior patch, since the game in the current version isn't any fun for me with all those issues 12.1 introduced. I'm all too aware that my quarrel is in truth with the Steam platform, but to lose this possibility from one release to the next isn't winning you any brownie-points.

Here's my opinion on the whole advanced editor issue: you all have read the final word from the developers and there should not need to be any more discussion about it. If you can't accept that, can you at the very least please whine quietly about it? Thanks ;) Still, as much as I understand and accept it, I'm rather disappointed about this move myself, because the advanced editor was actually the only way to add Austrian leagues (3rd tier and lower) in 12.0.x without crashing the game. That bug has most likely been fixed with the latest patch, but it doesn't change the circumstances any.

The editor with its limited official capability has been getting lots and lots of little changes over the past few years, but additional functionality, that would translate directly to the in-game experience, has been sorely missing. I bet that if you had actually spent some time increasing the scope of operation in the regular editor, then a lot of people here wouldn't have any reason to want the advanced rules thingie back.

Anyone else noticed a lot of players with the 'needing a rest' icon since patch? I've had four or five appear with it since updating, although it might just be coincidence as I hadn't seen it before.

I've had six in two games since I updated. Can't say it's unrealistic as I'm a lower league team and a big cup run has created fixture congestion, so maybe just coincidence.

Anyone else noticed a lot of players with the 'needing a rest' icon since patch? I've had four or five appear with it since updating, although it might just be coincidence as I hadn't seen it before.

Same. I've had to send about 6 players on holiday since the patch came out. They come back, play a match, need a rest again. Ridiculous.

I've had six in two games since I updated. Can't say it's unrealistic as I'm a lower league team and a big cup run has created fixture congestion, so maybe just coincidence.

Ditto. I'm getting a gang load of those orange 'almost jaded' icons...then again started a new save with a newly promoted team in the Ukrainian 2nd division (where it appears ill get promoted with multiple starters with <5 strength ..) and they have that 3 month winter break, so they really jam those fixtures in the few playable months they have. (And my staff sucks worse than my terribad facilities etc ...)

But yes, I too am getting Jared players for the first time.

I've read in this forum somewhere a question about how much a manager's reputation affect the team's performance and someone from SI answers that the effect is there but not very much as it only affect how the humans' players react to the manager and no effect whatsoever in the ME.

So, the policy changed in this new update, as it made the game much much harder by reputation ?

I've read in this forum somewhere a question about how much a manager's reputation affect the team's performance and someone from SI answers that the effect is there but not very much as it only affect how the humans' players react to the manager and no effect whatsoever in the ME.

So, the policy changed in this new update, as it made the game much much harder by reputation ?

low managerial reputation means, that players wont respect you and are going to have problems to motivate themselves to play for you. you can easily check up your ass.managers pregame feedback! as they struggle to motivate themselves, this will cause, that your players are going to play awfully, which will have an effect on the results. thats it. as long as you dont play with high managerial reputation, you wont have success, or at least not the maximum of success, you would expect with a certain tactic. dont be suprised, when you win 18 out of 21 games and then suddenly some players starting to become unhappy, causing problems, because they just dont respect you and you then start to concede 3-5 goals in every scnd game, usually in away games... morale and motivation has a special influence on defending. the lower the morale and motivation of your players are, the more danger you will face in your defence.

Ditto. I'm getting a gang load of those orange 'almost jaded' icons...then again started a new save with a newly promoted team in the Ukrainian 2nd division (where it appears ill get promoted with multiple starters with <5 strength ..) and they have that 3 month winter break, so they really jam those fixtures in the few playable months they have. (And my staff sucks worse than my terribad facilities etc ...)

But yes, I too am getting Jared players for the first time.

I've only just started continuing with my career save after it updated - seems like I'm starting to get a few of the orange rest icons - hardly had any on the last few minor patches but there's definitely more since this patch.

Most others stuff seems fine so far - hope I won't have to keep resting loads as it will mess up my promotion push!

first of all, sry for my writing english :)

when I buy a game I expect that from the very beginning is a good one, that in the meantime,you throw 1-2 patches (not 4-5)...

this latest patch is full of errors in team talk etc.

its ok moaning overcomes language difficulties:D

first of all, sry for my writing english :)

when I buy a game I expect that from the very beginning is a good one, that in the meantime,you throw 1-2 patches (not 4-5)...

this latest patch is full of errors in team talk etc.

If you mean you are unable to motivate your players it's now based on your manager reputation. So if you just started your carrer as a sunday league manager it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to easaly motivate Xavi or Messi. I think it's much more realistic from that point of view. If you are referring to some other bug than post it so we could know :)

According to previous posts you've made you're already playing FM12, so what should we assume from that?

is this why you lot have banned me from the site seriously...i cant believe it...i was asking because my friend hasn't brought the game yet and on previous versions of the game i used to download the patches for him as he gets the cd version and...before you didn't have to install steam and he doesn't have access to the internet...if that's a reason to get banned then fair enough :mad:

i had to make a new account because you lot don't reply to your emails

• SI Staff
patch fixes the Croatian first league fixtures bug only if you start from the beginning of the new game. why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I replied to your question about this here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291672-Football-Manager-12.1.0-update-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7408219&viewfull=1#post7408219

It means what you have been told a few times, the only way they can change a league scheduling is if you start a new game as all leagues are set up at that point, if they are set up wrong at the start you cannot go in and change them because it will cause game crashes, unfortunately this is one problem that can only be fixed with a new start.

Why, if this is so important when you are not careful the game worked. how such a large company such as (SI) can make such a mistake

Mistakes happen unfortunately, its very possible they noticed the problem before the game was released but either could not or did not have time to fix before the game went gold.

This was a game patch only, no db updates right?

Just hard coded stuff?

I ask because I know Greek expenditures were fixed to avoid clubs losing unrealistic amounts of money and I was wondering whether this would update itself in my current game or if I needed to start a new game for the fixes to work.

The new update has made a really enjoyable game into a frustrating and annoying game ,

in particular the lack of being able to adjust your transfer/wage budget while you have active offers for players .This has made the job of getting in the players you want or your favorites players before other clubs get them very annoying , why change it !! This is totally unrealistic and just down right annoying when you have to wheel and deal in the transfer market with a mid to lower placed league team

Also signing staff has become a nightmare now if you happen to go over the boards limit then sack someone to make space you have to wait way to long before you can re attempt to sign them

The teamtalks are now almost worthless very few players react as they did before the update brrrrrr

These are NOT changes for the better and tbh make me not want to play the game very disappointing .

I fail to understand why you have made these changes !!

The new update has made a really enjoyable game into a frustrating and annoying game ,

in particular the lack of being able to adjust your transfer/wage budget while you have active offers for players .This has made the job of getting in the players you want or your favorites players before other clubs get them very annoying , why change it !! This is totally unrealistic and just down right annoying when you have to wheel and deal in the transfer market with a mid to lower placed league team

Also signing staff has become a nightmare now if you happen to go over the boards limit then sack someone to make space you have to wait way to long before you can re attempt to sign them

The teamtalks are now almost worthless very few players react as they did before the update brrrrrr

These are NOT changes for the better and tbh make me not want to play the game very disappointing .

Because they can't do better...

watch out they will give you an infraction/ban like they did for me and many others because WE ARE VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED

game-related and toooooo much annoying bugs and jokes from SI

The main problem is that some people opened threads saying FM12 was too easy...

and how has SI reacted on that?

By flawing things like player interaction, coaching etc. in order to create more problems for the user.

But I don't think this is a good way of improving

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
GeordieRichee
viewpost-right.png

Because they can't do better...

watch out they will give you an infraction/ban like they did for me and many others because WE ARE VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED

No, the fact is that they were broken before.

Being able to adjust your transfer budget while offers were in - The issue was you could bid for the player, get it accepted, adjust to more wages to get his contract, lower the wage budget again to sign other players, and end up way over your wage budget. While now you can not adjust it while that contract offer is in, makes sense to me.

Signing staff - If you had sacked them why would they resign for you instantly? if someone had sacked me once, I would be highly dubious as to signing another contract with them again. makes sense to me

Team Talks - Again there were issues previously - No reaction is a good reaction normally for a team talk. Whats your manager rep when you started and who are you managing? this will affect your effectiveness.

game-related and toooooo much annoying bugs and jokes from SI

The main problem is that some people opened threads saying FM12 was too easy...

and how has SI reacted on that?

By flawing things like player interaction, coaching etc. in order to create more problems for the user.

But I don't think this is a good way of improving

Are these actually confirmed?

Archived