Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

We are currently discussing and trying to find the cause of this issue on the bugs forum at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291685-12.1.0-Patch-Promotion-Relegation-Highlighting-Disappearance?p=7408808#post7408808

Apparantly playing another league game seems to fix the issue. Cheers.

We are currently discussing and trying to find the cause of this issue on the bugs forum at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291685-12.1.0-Patch-Promotion-Relegation-Highlighting-Disappearance?p=7408808#post7408808

If you could provide some information there it would be very helpful. Apparantly playing another league game seems to fix the issue. Cheers.

Thanks. That seems to have done the trick

I'm very unhappy, I had previously removed the contents of the lnc-folder, and as before, the patch recreated them. Fair enough, but WHY where the changes implemented in my ongoing game? :(

Just delete anything which was re-generated and everything should be back to normal, without having to start a new game.

- Fixed Bans widget not displaying Global Ban

???

the bug is still present...

as italian players with a ban ( as in the editor) in the game are ban free...

as PAOLONI, GERVASONI, QUADRINI, SAVERINO,TISCI..

only DONI, MICOLUCCI and SOMMESE are OK

Haven't got time to read through the thread but has there been a change to the team talks because I just can't get a lift out of my team at all.

Same here. Before the patch i usualy had a reaction (Positive or negative) from the players whenever i did a Team-Talk. Now there are only a pair of players that reacts.

Another thing which seems to have changed is the finishing which can be really awful. Players being inside the penalty area completely free, blasts it to the stands (This happens with the likes of Villa and Messi btw)

Other than these two issues the patch seems good so far for me.

Hey, I stubbled onto one very annoying thing after the update. Most of the time I do a manual search of new young regens when they come into the game by going through some of the top teams in Europe, but as of now when I go to teams transfer history and set it to "Youth" and when I come back to this screen (Transfer History) after taking alook at player it always goes to "All Transfers" instead of staying at "Youth".

Hope I am making myself clear here and is this normal? Since it didnt happen before the update.

• Administrators
Haven't got time to read through the thread but has there been a change to the team talks because I just can't get a lift out of my team at all.

Yeah, basically if you're a low rep manager (say no previous football experience) it'll be harder for you to get a lift out of players, you'll need to earn their respect and trust. Even more experienced managers will find it harder to get positive team talks, basically it was perhaps slightly too easy to get a positive reaction. We've tried to make it more realistic by making these changes.

Yeah, basically if you're a low rep manager (say no previous football experience) it'll be harder for you to get a lift out of players, you'll need to earn their respect and trust. Even more experienced managers will find it harder to get positive team talks, basically it was perhaps slightly too easy to get a positive reaction. We've tried to make it more realistic by making these changes.

Sounds Great. I will start up another game, as this was my biggest bugbear before.

Sports Interactive can kill the phoenix, but the phoenix will always rise again. Proof? It has already risen.

The advanced rules is something special that SI should be endorsing, not restricting and disabling. If you can use it you are at the pinnacle of talent of the FM Editing community. The day it dies is the day that SI stop making their in game competitions using it.

SI, please embrace us. We want to make the best ever files for your wonderful game which forms such a big part of our lives. FMUpdates was formed because we want to make the best updates for FM! Since we joined together our main England Levels 7 & 8 file has been downloaded over 4800 times. Our new products, the North American Expansion and Project O have been downloaded over 100 times each, and will become more successful as more work is input into it. The fixtures we have released have had over 600 downloads, that does not include what is bundled with the England Levels 7 & 8 release.

We are also working very hard on other things - nothing to do with the Advanced Rules. I have started working on adding Team Cup Histories for all major English cups, from the FA Cup to the FA Trophy, that you could use for your FM database. I hope to get helpers to work with us on adding even more.

On a final note. Please reopen the Advanced Rules thread only if you can embrace us as a vibrant part of your community.

The main problem is simple:

Using the advanced editor can cause instabilities and crashes in people's games. If people only used these files themselves then I doubt it would matter, but when passing those edited files around the community you could be affecting the games of other people who then bring it back to SI (who could spend hours/days etc investigating the issue only to find out it had nothing to do with the game).

Until the editor can officially be expanded to support those extra options it makes sense that SI are trying to put a stop to it.

If you see what I mean.

In short:

a) a database made with the advanced editor that screws up someone's game (and it may not do so until many seasons in) reflects badly on SI, not the database editors

b) SI effectively waste manhours trying to find a bug that isn't a bug with their game.

Hopefully the official editor can be expanded to support all the features needed, but until it does you can surely understand why SI are uneasy about its use.

SI should easily be able to spot their own files, because the Advanced Rules loaded by the game should be retaining the author of the file.

How can you disillusion your own fans from wanting to make the game better? The work spent trying to disable the Advanced Rules could be better spent making a distinction between the Advanced Rules set up by SI and the Community.

I appreciate those concerns. I think people posting advanced files should probably provide the caveat that users *may* experience crashes and that they download and play the files at their own risk.

If SI expends as many hours in tracking down bugs as is claimed, then perhaps "are you playing/have you loaded any custom databases?" should be one of the questions asked. I know that not everyone who downloads and plays custom databases will know which were created with the advanced panels.

The main problem is simple:

Using the advanced editor can cause instabilities and crashes in people's games. If people only used these files themselves then I doubt it would matter, but when passing those edited files around the community you could be affecting the games of other people who then bring it back to SI (who could spend hours/days etc investigating the issue only to find out it had nothing to do with the game).

Until the editor can officially be expanded to support those extra options it makes sense that SI are trying to put a stop to it.

If you see what I mean.

In short:

a) a database made with the advanced editor that screws up someone's game (and it may not do so until many seasons in) reflects badly on SI, not the database editors

b) SI effectively waste manhours trying to find a bug that isn't a bug with their game.

Hopefully the official editor can be expanded to support all the features needed, but until it does you can surely understand why SI are uneasy about its use.

My England edit has been hugely successful and I am not aware of any bugs or knock on affects that it has caused. Indeed, if it had I would've expected someone at SI to have contacted me.

As I see it the issue is NOT with the advanced panels, but with editors who fail to properly test and retest their edits before they release them to the hungry public. This applies whether the league expansions were created within the standard or advanced editor.

My file is regularly tested for 40-50 season in game to ensure that it works long term and I've played it to death to get it working for everyone.

SI must be aware which edits have caused issues and let us know. If it is mine then tell me. If it is someone elese's then tell them and ask them to remove the file download.

I will also state that so far this is proving to be my personal favourite Football Manager game since it started in 2005. The fact that it has been so successful fills me with so much excitement for what may be in stall in the near future (yes, I did say near, not necessarily FM2013). SI gets so many things right, however trying to deactivate the Advanced Rules is not the right thing to do in my eye. Besides, you can't get rid of it yourselves because you make the in game competitions using it!

Get the basic editor to the point where you can make the game with it. Then get rid of the Advanced Rules.

Hi,

In the match screen the goalkeeper kit changes to the colour of the normal kit the players wear for some reason....

tactics.jpg

Also the age on the player stat screens has not been working since fm10!! if you look at one player stats and then another the age doesnt change:

th.jpg

rl.jpg

I received few offers for 2 of my guys 1 week before the en of the morket (31.08).

For 1 of my player, I have accepted 2 offers. The player refused on of them the 30th. And the 2nd offer ? we are the 1st, the market is over but nothing happened with this 2nd offer. It still on his profile. Strange.

For my 2nd player, I received a loan offer. I accepted it but my player never answered. Finally the offer was canceled because the end of market. The player had +5 days to answer. Before the update, I never saw that kinf of error.

Also, I have problem during the match. The pitch is empty and I have the comments only.

There is lot of other problem but I am too tired to write more.

My opinion : Rubbish update but because the STEAM system, we do not have choice to use it.

Regards,

Ben

In terms of the match engine, we decided to stick with the 11.3 ME ( plus minor tweaks ) for 12 because the stuff we really want to change wouldnt have been ready and would have detracted from the experience.

Instead we are working behind the scenes on some pretty cool ME stuff for future release. And in the meantime we have a stable ME out there to keep the majority happy.

this mean paulC that their's no any change for ME in any future updates

im trying to sign coaches and it says i an have 11 but when i get to 7 the board keep cancelling my deals saying i have too many members of staff.

Yeah because now your only actually allowed what they say as in they might say you can have 3 1st team coaches and if you have 3 already they wont allow you to get another same for other jobs, i think thats how it works now, before you could get away with it, if ya get me :)

Although in saying this judging by other post there maybe a slight issue with coaches :)

I havent had a positive team talk yet, not sure if anyone else has noticed this? Whatever I say to my players after 10 games straight they have always had no affect or been negative reaction, where as before I got 8/10 right.. Possibly a bug.

• Administrators
My England edit has been hugely successful and I am not aware of any bugs or knock on affects that it has caused. Indeed, if it had I would've expected someone at SI to have contacted me.

As I see it the issue is NOT with the advanced panels, but with editors who fail to properly test and retest their edits before they release them to the hungry public. This applies whether the league expansions were created within the standard or advanced editor.

My file is regularly tested for 40-50 season in game to ensure that it works long term and I've played it to death to get it working for everyone.

SI must be aware which edits have caused issues and let us know. If it is mine then tell me. If it is someone elese's then tell them and ask them to remove the file download.

It's just not that simple, we can't go chasing hundreds of edits finding out which ones cause crashes and which ones don't. Considering the sheer number of crashes we've had to deal with and likewise considering the fact the advanced editor was never intended for external use I'm afraid it's just not feasible to continue to make it available. I'm sorry but that's the decision we've made.

I havent had a positive team talk yet, not sure if anyone else has noticed this? Whatever I say to my players after 10 games straight they have always had no affect or been negative reaction, where as before I got 8/10 right.. Possibly a bug.

Or possibly the new changes :) who are you and whats your rep

• Administrators

Basically if you win a game you're expected to win the players won't get a massive boost. Likewise if you win a game, getting a positive reaction isn't as easy as they've already had a morale boost from simply winning the game.

Also we've made changes considering 'starting reputation' of managers. If you've got a lower reputation than your players you're going to have to earn their respect and trust before being able to get major positive reactions from them. I hope that makes sense.

Basically if you win a game you're expected to win the players won't get a massive boost. Likewise if you win a game, getting a positive reaction isn't as easy as they've already had a morale boost from simply winning the game.

Also we've made changes considering 'starting reputation' of managers. If you've got a lower reputation than your players you're going to have to earn their respect and trust before being able to get major positive reactions from them. I hope that makes sense.

Im Aston Villa, reputation is Regional.

The changes sound more realistic, irritating as I cant get the boys pumped as easy, but a fair change! Thanks for clearing that up.

With coaches, its also impossible for me to sign a youth coach and no scouts want to join me. Im Villa so not small

How many youth coaches do you have already ? if you have the recommended limit you wont be able to get another unless you sack 1 you already have

It's just not that simple, we can't go chasing hundreds of edits finding out which ones cause crashes and which ones don't. Considering the sheer number of crashes we've had to deal with and likewise considering the fact the advanced editor was never intended for external use I'm afraid it's just not feasible to continue to make it available. I'm sorry but that's the decision we've made.

It is still available though. There is an update for 12.1.0 where I have enabled it once again. But perhaps I should use this time to make a new editor as I doubt we will see it in FM2013.

Like I mentioned above, SI should find it easy to identify which rules are which by authoring the files. We author our files, so author yours and filter out the bug reports using community built Advanced Rules.

Im Aston Villa, reputation is Regional.

The changes sound more realistic, irritating as I cant get the boys pumped as easy, but a fair change! Thanks for clearing that up.

It's an awesome change and makes the game so much harder which is what some of the forum users were after. When you first loaded the game on the drop down menu did you pick sunday league footballer, semi pro, pro or international footballer?

If you go on the Editor's Hideaway, I am pretty sure a survey of the files available, and how they are made, will give you a pretty damning version of your current editor. When you introduced this creating a competition thing in the editor it was brilliant, we were all happy just with the fact we can make new leagues. Well I was =}.

Thing is, since then it has just gone backwards. Changes that have been made preventing creation of accurate superleagues (you can say unrealistic, but they were popular) and just the fact that you haven't really added much in the way of new league features to the editor. Sure, you have a lot of things to edit, I appreciate that, but it kinda isn't on that you neglect this. I mean if you can come back and tell me that there are major changes in the offing (a la with making sure DLR, adding leagues etc worked perfect hence delaying updates) then fair play. However, the current state of the editor isn't really good enough any more. Especially when you do consider what people such as Uncle Ron, Magicmastermind124, even myself to a lesser degree have managed to achieve with this.

The reason I even bother to say this is because you do have a history of listening to fan's concerns, even minority ones (which yes those using the advanced panel are). The way see it there are two ways you could proceed:

1. Pretty much as you are now, without any advanced panel (well, not true is it? but with an ostracised editing community which means communication about crashes these files can cause becomes non-existant) and with whatever editor updates you may or may not have in the future.

2. Change your mind and allow the use of the advanced panel.

Here is what I would like to suggest, if this is a real problem for you, which I shall take your word on it and assume it is. There are people who use these forums who are hugely familiar with the advanced panel, so how about you use their knowledge to help pre-screen releases of files. It is kind of self-moderation. No file made with the advanced editor can be put on these forums without stringent testing to ensure stability. This can be done by the person who is making them, or by volunteers who will give up CPU time for this. I understand this is not the only forum in the world, and this won't totally eliminate the problem you are saying. But I like dialogue.

Go and look at some of the files created, and tell me you don't feel either insanely happy that people are taking your creations and doing such wonderful things with them, to the pleasure of many.

It is worth a try, anyway, to not perform a rant, but try to make rational discussion on this topic.

Regarding the Advanced Editor - why not just stick a warning sign when you open that menu to indicate that SI cannot always help you if you use the advanced editor?

It is clear the community - the users - your customer base - has been an avid fan of this, both directly (the editors themselves) and indirectly (people who use these custom leagues). You are taking away a feature that they enjoy.

Are you listening to your users, or are you just concerned with keeping your bug tracking levels down?

Archived