FM2012 is too easy

I hate that idea so much. If you are finding the game too easy then pick a challenging team, if you wanted to make the game harder with a top european side though why not set your managerial experience to semi-pro footballer?

or, as i'm part of a thread in the t&t section, try a new, bold formation like Bielsa's back 3 or something. challenge thyself, as the man said!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that even if you pick the best team in the world, it should still give a challenge. Kind of like how, say, FM07 was.

If you pick say Man City in the EPL there is effectively only 2 teams on par in my opinion Man Utd and Chelsea so them you can win 34 games and lose 4, to me that's not showing its easy because it plausible and can happen.

If you Barcelona in the Liga BBVA there is only R. Madrid on par so you could win 38 games and lose 2 which again is plausible.

The challenge comes from European Matches but Barca are likely to find that easier than others because of the team they have.

Admittedly, not that I have experienced it because I really have gone past 7 seasons, but what has been said about the AI team building etc. can make it even easier in long term save because of the lesser challenge from teams.

The problem is Moral and Motivation play to big apart and it is to easy for experienced players to keep this high.

Also the problem is people see things happen in real-life i.e. Norwich giving Man Utd a good game and yesterday Liverpool and because Norwich are not giving them a good game in FM they think its to easy etc.

Ive played my first official match in FM 2012.

Im playing with Anzhi and I won 10-1 over Lokomotiv. The prediction was a tie...well, faaaaar from that. Etoo scored 4, Montillo (I bought him) scored 4 and made 4 assists. I created 16 CCCs.

Ok, just ONE match, but the first one, against a decent team, with my tactic not gelled yet, etc.

19268291.jpg

you're playing as Anzhi they're practically a WMD ffs

My view on proceedings with these 'it's too easy' and 'where's the challenge' complaint - 3 'challenging' factors for people like me;

Tactics - The challenge is to create a suitable tactic that will get you through a season. Experiment a little; don't go downloading tactics from a website, make your own! You don't see someone like Pep Guardiola walk into Mourinho's house and ask to 'copy his tactic', do you? Make multiple tactics if needs be; top managers don't just have one tactic which is called the '4-3-3 GOAL DESTRUCTOR!!!', do they? They adapt to different teams, different environments etc.

The Transfer Market - What about the challenge of being successful in the trasfer market? We've seen the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson getting things right and wrong in the transfer market. He bought Cristiano Ronaldo for 12 million; eventually sold him for 80 million. Anybody else remember Kleberson, the 'New Scholes' according to some. Ha! If you don't have the funds, look for younger, un-polished talents. Nurture them to future success. Don't buy the same players on every save; adapt to the squad that you have.

The Team - One massive challenge for me, although I've been pretty good at it, is to get certain players to perform well! Talk to them, analyse them. What happens when you lose at home to someone like Birmingham, 2-0 at home? You see what went wrong, pick out good or bad performances from certain players. Analyse things. Don't just keep clicking 'Continue' and hand everything over to your Assisstant; take your time, look through things. This is was this game is about!

Who cares if you've won 14 in 14 with a team like Marseille; savour it while it lasts. Who knows, Remy, who may have scored the majority of your goals, might pick up a 4-5 month lay-off in a game, where would you be then? Looking for players like Gignac to pick up the peices. Just have fun for goodness sake!

Try playing in another league then. I am playing in the bottom tier of the Malaysian league and am struggling. No transfer budget, barely any wage budget, my top player is the goalie who wouldn't even get a start in the BSS or BSN divison.

It is fun.

But I think what a lot of other people are arguing is that they want to play as Man Utd, Marseille etc etc and still be actually challenged, rather than playing in the Malaysian bottom division (or another such league they might have no interest in) in order to have a difficult game.

Not too easy, actually it's really fun and realistic :)

Playing with Fulham and have drawn a couple of games from the qualifiers against lower teams (like in real life!) but have made it through to the groups :)

First league game I lost 2-1 at home to Chelsea.

These are honestly the most realistic results I have ever encountered on an FM game :D

This is an incredibly repetitive argument.

"I picked Man Utd, did nothing apart from press continue and won a lot."

"Well try playing a different way."

"Don't want to!"

All I've seen is if you pick a top team and don't really play the game, just press continue over and over again, it's no fun. Well I don't think you'll ever enjoy that. If you want to enjoy it you'll have to immerse yourself a bit more. Pressing continue over and over again will never be very much fun.

Both sides of the argument are quite poor.

'If you want a challenge play LLM'(or similar alternaive game style). This is such a boring, predictable response. Please, please stop it. Some people want to play as their team, a top team etc. Why should anyone have to play as a basement side to be challenged? Does SAF rinse the league and beat Liverpool 10-0? No, because IRL the game is more challenging then that.

'I just press continue and win everything'...well, duh. You are not making any human decisions. I gaurantee that as soon as you do, you'll see some erring results. Also, click and play is a bit pointless, no?

I don't think it is too easy per se, but my only gripe is that team talk/morale stuff is far too influential/imbalanced. It's too simple to rally the troops and this has too much outcome on the game, making one invincible. The only other gripe is the old chesnut, AI squad-building. It just is not there long-term, and therefore even if you do start as a poor team, within 5 years you'll be flying high because of the shoddy competition. These are the problems for me.

But i'm not sure it's too easy. City/Utd/Newcastle are unbeaten after all irl.

I think know one can deny that there is not enough pressure when you manage a top club in FM. Pressure from the media, board, players, fans. But to make this part of the game more realistic, would also mean a lot more interaction, media stuff etc. and a lot of moaning about it, because a lot of players just want to play FM the old style - transfers, tactic, match. In long term career games there is often the moment in which you have to decide, in which direction your game goes. Looking for a challenge can make the game harder (new league, lower reputation club etc).

My first two matches and I already scored 4 goals from corners ( League 1 ) ..... with the same player of course.

BTW it seems I am no more able to unload loan players I have in my team, like I already did in the beginning of the season...is that any tricks triggered ?

My first two matches and I already scored 4 goals from corners ( League 1 ) ..... with the same player of course.

BTW it seems I am no more able to unload loan players I have in my team, like I already did in the beginning of the season...is that any tricks triggered ?

If it was part of the loan deal, that you did pay for it, you can't terminate a loan deal.

My season with Man City so far:

5 wins and 1 loss.

Lost an away game to Tottenham in the EPL (0 - 3)

Lost in the League Cup to Liverpool (0 - 2)

League: GF: 7 / GA: 4 (Most of my wins were 1-0)

Something is definitely wrong, because Arsenal is at the top with 6 wins, and 18 goals.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the challenge so far. I hope it stays that way :p

If it was part of the loan deal, that you did pay for it, you can't terminate a loan deal.

I don't pay for him cause he is on loan in my team from a parent club.

Then, I was advised to terminate his loan due to a long injury.

None the less I can't terminate the loan.

I can't neither terminate the loan of all of my players who are playing in my team despite long or short term loan they are. An of course none of them is being paid.

Is there any obscure rule behind that ?

Thx

Why don't you try a challenge then, maybe be a team like plymouth?

It shouldn't work that way.

In FM10, playing as Manchester United wasn't very easy, but it certainly wasn't "hit continue and win". I think I have a decent grasp of tactics and how the series works, but playing the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool were never easy and I often had to plan ahead when these fixtures appeared on the horizon. In other words, it was challenging.

It was the same thing with, say, Chelsea on FM07 - it was actually a challenge.

What it looks like is that users have now found the interface so usable (i.e. team talks becoming intuitive and are able to convey their words properly) or that something is having too much of an effect ("team talks are too powerful") that the AI is now exposed as being quite frankly not very good.

We shouldn't need to pick a rubbish club to get a challenge. It's arguably a bigger challenge in reality to pick a big club due to the level of pressure and that you are given enough rope to hang yourself with rubbish transfers and spoilt players. It should be a challenge in-game too. And a lot of users aren't finding that.

I am also findind fm12 very easy and unrealistic i have been playing fm for many years and always like to take over decent prem teams.

and over a couple of seasons make them a success. i.e tottenham, fulham newcastle ect.

i started my first save after buying my copy of fm12 playing as spurs using my tactics from fm11 and after playing 18 games i had won 18 and not conceded a goal in 11 games very unrealistic.

when i usesd the same tactics with spurs on fm11 i was always batteling to get in the top 4?.

I lost interest in my spurs save due to this and started a game as fulham end of season finished 3rd using my fm11 fulham tactics where i was lucky to finish in the top 8 with fulham.

so again i lost interest because unrealistic and started a newcastle save and finished 2nd.

I do not enjoy taking over small teams in the lower leagues i find it boring sorry and have always managed in the prem and found it a very realistic challenge and vey enjoyable but just cant enjoy it this year as its to easy which is a shame because everything else about this years game i love.

is there a way i could make managing in the prem on fm12 a challenge? otherwise i will have to go back to fm11 which will be a shame.

Let me share you my own experiance.

I've started playing with Arsenal. Played 14 matches, only one draw, concesed only 3 goals, beating Tottenham 5-0 on the way. I thought: "wow, that is easy".

Then came Manchester United, and beat me 5-0. It all went downhill from there.

So what I'm trying to say: 15 match run of good results is not easy. Opponents might be week due to selling of key players, injuries, bad morale. Play for two seasons and then you'll really see if it easy.

I am also findind fm12 very easy and unrealistic i have been playing fm for many years and always like to take over decent prem teams.

and over a couple of seasons make them a success. i.e tottenham, fulham newcastle ect.

i started my first save after buying my copy of fm12 playing as spurs using my tactics from fm11 and after playing 18 games i had won 18 and not conceded a goal in 11 games very unrealistic.

when i usesd the same tactics with spurs on fm11 i was always batteling to get in the top 4?.

I lost interest in my spurs save due to this and started a game as fulham end of season finished 3rd using my fm11 fulham tactics where i was lucky to finish in the top 8 with fulham.

so again i lost interest because unrealistic and started a newcastle save and finished 2nd.

I do not enjoy taking over small teams in the lower leagues i find it boring sorry and have always managed in the prem and found it a very realistic challenge and vey enjoyable but just cant enjoy it this year as its to easy which is a shame because everything else about this years game i love.

is there a way i could make managing in the prem on fm12 a challenge? otherwise i will have to go back to fm11 which will be a shame.

So, in the space of three days, you've completed 2.5 full seasons ?

I read this thread before I started my game and was concerned.

Started my career with Inter and beat AC Milan 2-0 in the Super cup. Then went on a 14 match winning streak. Qualified top of my Champions League group was sitting in first place in Serie A with 10 points to spare. Then I lost to Juventus at home, 1-2. Then I drew 6 matches before being hammered away against AC Milan 5-1.

From there the season was pretty steady. No ups no downs. Won the Italian Cup easily as all my heavy opposition faced upsets. Got knocked out in the first round of the Champions League against Levante or Valencia (4-0) or one of those Spanish teams with a bat thing on the crest. Dont remember.

The season ended up:

Udinese 65

Inter 64

Napoli 63

Milan 63

So yeah it seemed easy at first but things changed pretty quickly and it ended up being quite a tough season.

Just out of interest;

United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool were top 4 in England respectively. Man City finished 8th (lol)

Real, Barcelona, Atletico were top 3 in Spain

Dortmund, Bayern, Shalke were top 3 in Germany,

Real beat Bayern 2-0 in Champions league final.

I read this thread before I started my game and was concerned.

Started my career with Inter and beat AC Milan 2-0 in the Super cup. Then went on a 14 match winning streak. Qualified top of my Champions League group was sitting in first place in Serie A with 10 points to spare. Then I lost to Juventus at home, 1-2. Then I drew 6 matches before being hammered away against AC Milan 5-1.

From there the season was pretty steady. No ups no downs. Won the Italian Cup easily as all my heavy opposition faced upsets. Got knocked out in the first round of the Champions League against Levante or Valencia (4-0) or one of those Spanish teams with a bat thing on the crest. Dont remember.

The season ended up:

Udinese 65

Inter 64

Napoli 63

Milan 63

So yeah it seemed easy at first but things changed pretty quickly and it ended up being quite a tough season.

This scenario reminds me of tactic cracking, but not really sure if this has been confirmed by SI. And that bat team is Valencia.

Are you using the motivational team talks in FM12? This could be the reason why you're getting such an easy game compared to FM11 since the ME and tactical side of the two games are practically identical. It would be interesting to run two simultaneous saves, one where the team talks are completely ignored, and the other where we use them to the best of our ability, and see how both saves progress. Not a perfect test by any means since other factors will come into play but it may help pinpoint the problem if TT's are the cause to the games ease.

This scenario reminds me of tactic cracking, but not really sure if this has been confirmed by SI. And that bat team is Valencia, since Levante doesn't even play in Liga BBVA.

Uhm they top of La Liga at the moment IRL. But you are right it was Valencia as Levante finished 14th last season.

As for tactic cracking it would make sense. Take over, completely change the team how will anyone know how to counter you so early on.

yes i work as a security guard and play fm for 12 hours a night to pass the time i would of done more seasons if it wasnt so easy?

yes i quit my spurs save early so didnt experience a dip in form after a bad result. but on my newcastle save i didnt get no dip in form and finished 2nd.

I am NOT a tactical genius as i am only using the same tactics as i did on fm11 and i was only just getting average prem teams in europe.

can anyone suggest how i can still enjoy managing prem teams on fm12 without it being to easy as i have no intrest in the lower leagues thanks

yes i work as a security guard and play fm for 12 hours a night to pass the time i would of done more seasons if it wasnt so easy?

yes i quit my spurs save early so didnt experience a dip in form after a bad result. but on my newcastle save i didnt get no dip in form and finished 2nd.

I am NOT a tactical genius as i am only using the same tactics as i did on fm11 and i was only just getting average prem teams in europe.

can anyone suggest how i can still enjoy managing prem teams on fm12 without it being to easy as i have no intrest in the lower leagues thanks

Try the Italian league or the French, just dont pick one of the top teams in the League. Althought saying that Ive picked Inter and am trying to get them to play how I want and its not been particularly hard but not exactly easy either. I usually find the english one too easy for some reason, think its because I know all the teams.

yes i might try using a team in another country any suggestions?

I have always chose teams in the prem for some reason maybe its because i have got an obbsession whith knocking fergie and united off there perch with an unfancied prem team lol.

and have always enjoyed the game more with players i am familier with but am willing to try something new exept lower leagues i find them boring as would like to win trophies.

I would like a team that will keep me intrested for many seasons thanks.

like i said i really like fm12 and would prefer to keep playing this instead of going back to fm11 its just im finding managing in the prem to easy at the moment.

yes i might try using a team in another country any suggestions?

I have always chose teams in the prem for some reason maybe its because i have got an obbsession whith knocking fergie and united off there perch with an unfancied prem team.

I would like a team that will keep me intrested for many seasons thanks

In the Italian league, Roma could be interesting. They've lost Hamsik but got Pjanic in instead.

Napoli are pretty good as well, Pandev on loan from Inter and Hamsik in midfield.

AC Milan have an aging defence and midfield with a solid attack.

Inter have a few young players mixed in with an aging offence.

All 4 would be pretty easy to win the title with.

If you want a challenge, Bologna, Genoa or Cesena could be tricky.

Novara are newly promoted and Lecce too I think.

Currently playing as annagh united, northern irish second divison, media prediction for the first season was 12th, standard LLM rules. Not done anything amazingly special in the transfere market, let a few old players in there 30's move on, signed two first team players and a couple of players with potential who are betweem 16 - 19 who i was looking to develop. Find myself sitting 7 points clear at the top of the table and into the last 8 of the league cup. Below shows my current results.

AnnaghUnitedFixtures_Fixtures.png

Thats 1 defeat in in 15 competitive matchs and a current 78% win record? Is seeming a little bit to easy at the moment

In the Italian league, Roma could be interesting. They've lost Hamsik but got Pjanic in instead.

Napoli are pretty good as well, Pandev on loan from Inter and Hamsik in midfield.

AC Milan have an aging defence and midfield with a solid attack.

Inter have a few young players mixed in with an aging offence.

All 4 would be pretty easy to win the title with.

If you want a challenge, Bologna, Genoa or Cesena could be tricky.

Novara are newly promoted and Lecce too I think.

hamsik was never with roma.

Archived