Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, looked pretty good towards end of the season when he was starting, think he surprised a lot of us. he's nothing fancy but he does his job well, he is a fighter, works hard, and will be doing the same in the 90th min as he does in the first. good tackler, and reads the game pretty well. i'd have no problem with him starting games for us next season if he stays, but he's pretty far down the pecking order.

who are your centre mids atm?

apparently he's said he wants to stay though.

Silly unnecessary comment that bag packing one. Reserve that for the likes of poulsen or whoever who are doing more harm than good. Spearing has actually shown himself to be pretty useful. He's a good passer as well as the work rate and energy I think. Don't think we should let him go unless we have another DM lined up. Who is back up to Lucas if he goes?

What if we had these owners 4 years ago, the team could have looked like this for the most part, with a few additions...

----------------Reina

Johnson--Carragher--Agger--Enrique

---------Alonso-----Mascherano

Downing-------Gerrard-------Suarez

---------------Torres

That aside, now about the upcoming season!

What's left to fill in the first eleven? leftback, centreback(?) do we really need one?

Clearing out the deadwood must be a priority!

this post hasnt been given enough airtime. do you have a link to this claim?

“We are delighted with the work we have done,” said Dalglish

yesterday, confirming that Liverpool’s owners, Fenway Sports

Group, are not prepared to countenance paying more than £30

million-a-year in salaries to fringe players.

“Whether there are more [to come in] remains to be seen but

it depends on whether there are players going out.” Dalglish and

his Director of Football, Damien Comolli, will attempt to find

buyers for the likes of Brad Jones, Christian Poulsen, Sotirios

Kyrgiakos, Emiliano Insua, Philipp Degen, Nabil El Zhar and Milan

Jovanovic.

there you go

I really like our midfield and forward options now, defence is what's really key for the remainder of the transfer window - left back should be a prirotiy and a centre back such as Godin would give us a very decent shot at the top 4.

Insua seeing as he appears to be surplus to requirements based on that little nsippet of an article.

£30m on reserves is a ridiculous amount of cash really. Also how long a fecking contract did Philip Degen get :confused:

Hmm, even that doesn't sound majorly appealing. I'd have liked us to shift out both Spearing and Poulsen, one of Aquilani and Meireles and buy another physical centre mid who can also defend. But that's being greedy I admit.

Insua seeing as he appears to be surplus to requirements based on that little nsippet of an article.

£30m on reserves is a ridiculous amount of cash really. Also how long a fecking contract did Philip Degen get :confused:

the insua part is speculation by the writer of the article as to whom might be considered surplus to requirements. i haven't seen anything from dalglish or comolli to confirm that.

According to the Daily Mail:

Liverpool are again looking at Germany left back Marcell Jansen of Hamburg and Porto's Alvaro Pereira.

The Anfield club's search for a left back has so far proved fruitless.

The 6ft 3in Jansen is valued at £10m while Uruguay defender Pereira, 25, has a buy-out clause of £18m.

I agree. I always thought the Kuyt-Johnson right side worked well because they complimented each other well. Id much prefer a more defensive minded Lb than an attacking one. Thats not to say they shouldnt be able to contribute, but someone (to use an example) in the style of play of Arbeloa would be more preferable than a Cafu.

I agree. I always thought the Kuyt-Johnson right side worked well because they complimented each other well. Id much prefer a more defensive minded Lb than an attacking one. Thats not to say they shouldnt be able to contribute, but someone (to use an example) in the style of play of Arbeloa would be more preferable than a Cafu.

Left footed Arbs would be perfect. Or left footed Finnan actually, some one who is defensive but can stick in a decent cross from deep.

Archived