The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the game' date=' I wasn't really watching after about 60mins, was dull never looked like doing anything so our fans just went on a mind****. Scoring pretend goals, singing 1-0 and you f***ed it up, we're winning away, we're gonna win the league, we're all going on a European tour etc etc.. Total mind****.

[/quote']

that's what footy is all about :thup:

Anyone have that link that was somewhere in here for away fans attendance figures?

Do you mean the graph that Wiggin's posted a few months ago, with the away attendance figure's so far for this season?

If so, here you go:

dunno if someone did something similar but here's the answer to your away followings question. as accurate as possible

say thanks to gazza at millwall-history.co.uk

AwayFollowing2011-12.gif

Might be interested in this Barker

Sky Sports understands Burnley are lining up a loan swoop for Coventry City's highly-rated midfielder Gael Bigirimana.The 18-year-old enjoyed an impressive first half of the season after making his Coventry debut on the opening day of the campaign against Leicester City.spacer.gif

He was subsequently awarded a one-year contract extension to tie him to the Ricoh Arena until 2014, however, he has not featured since early January.

Bigirimana has made 21 appearances in all competitions for the struggling Sky Bluesspacer.gif this term and could now be offered the chance to gain further experience at Burnley.spacer.gif

Short-listed for the Championship apprentice of the season award, Bigirimana was sent off when Coventry lost 2-1 at home to Burnley back in October.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7580213/?

Bigi :(. Don't like the sound of that one bit, would presumably be with view to a permanent move.

Loss of form/change in formation/more depth in midfield.

Originally we played a diamond formation which required 4 players who could play in central midfield but now we play a bog standard 4-4-2 and only need 2 central midfielders and with the return to fitness of Deegan, the loan signing of Norwood and Conor Thomas overtaking Bigi in the pecking order he's like 5th choice CM now. He also very much was struggling for form in his last few games and he's recently gone back to play for the U18's but he's been on the bench a fair few times in the last couple of months.

The lad is very talented but the fact is he only turned 18 in November and he is still very raw. He was also unlikely to maintain his form throughout the season and was bound to have a drop off in performances, it happened to Nathan Cameron last season and Jordan Clarke the season before. They both dropped out of the first team for a few months and came back the following season fresh, sharp and ready to go.

He also very much was struggling for form in his last few games and he's recently gone back to play for the U18's but he's been on the bench a fair few times in the last couple of months.

The lad is very talented but the fact is he only turned 18 in November and he is still very raw. He was also unlikely to maintain his form throughout the season and was bound to have a drop off in performances, it happened to Nathan Cameron last season and Jordan Clarke the season before. They both dropped out of the first team for a few months and came back the following season fresh, sharp and ready to go.

Sounds like an Eddie Howe sort of signing, young with potential.

"The lad is very talented but the fact is he only turned 18 in November and he is still very raw."

Sounds good. :) What did you think of him in the games you've seen him play before his loss of form, did he look abit special?

What sort of a midfielder is he?

I still think we need a good technical/ creative midfielder (perhaps with more expierence imo.) who can hold onto the ball and create chances.. allowing McCann to do what he does best, and get forward more from box to box.

Whilst still under a transfer embargo Pompey today signed a Scottish international on loan to help them in their relegation battle. Are they on a level playing field with Coventry, Doncaster, Bristol City, Millwall, Forest etc? It really is getting beyond a joke now...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Maguire-Joins-Pompey-3209.aspx

How do Coventry City feel about it with their transfer embargo and having to use the kids(something Pompey refuse to do)?

Special treatment? Football League chairman "will do all he can to save Pompey"...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/league-chairman-will-do-all-he-can-to-save-pompey-1-3606386

i still agree with mlg.

of course greg clarke will do all he can to save pompey. he's an expert on administration after all. loves to see local businesses screwed over in the name of football.

tbf the new FM patch is exactly how MLG wants Pompey to be run, literally cant get anyone on loan and players leaving left right and centre.. Bloody nightmare :(

Good to see the council saying they'll look into buying FP if the club was liquidated. If the ground can be secured, then Liquidation would be far better for the long term future of the club. I'm really not fussed what happens this season, going down sounds like a good prospect though, could do with a reduction on the season ticket :thup:

Whilst still under a transfer embargo Pompey today signed a Scottish international on loan to help them in their relegation battle. Are they on a level playing field with Coventry, Doncaster, Bristol City, Millwall, Forest etc? It really is getting beyond a joke now...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Maguire-Joins-Pompey-3209.aspx

I know, ridiculous that they're forced to sign Scottish players!

why are they being allowed to break the embargo? I'm sure you've already told us.

Because the Football League say if their squad goes below 14 fit senior players they can loan in players. So what they are doing is refusing to use the youth team in order to prevent them being classified as senior players and instead they are loaning in senior internationals like they did today to help in their relegation fight. They are also able to add loan players to keep the total number of senior players to 20 on a one in, one out policy. Pompey are just playing with the loopholes of an incompetent Football League rulebook.

Pipe down MLG, we're not staying up in a million years so it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

We will probably end up getting liquidated into the bargain so you and you're mates best start thinking about some more synchronised waving to celebrate the occasion.

change the record

Tbh I agree with MLG and find it ridiculous they can get players in whilst we can't, not that we would anyway but it's the principle.

tbf the new FM patch is exactly how MLG wants Pompey to be run' date=' literally cant get anyone on loan and players leaving left right and centre.. Bloody nightmare :(

Good to see the council saying they'll look into buying FP if the club was liquidated. If the ground can be secured, then Liquidation would be far better for the long term future of the club. I'm really not fussed what happens this season, going down sounds like a good prospect though, could do with a reduction on the season ticket :thup:[/quote']

My season ticket price has gone up ffs :( After this season we've had? :mad:

Hoping for £350 next season (from £400)' date=' the JPT is going to be a ********, as if there isn't enough rubbish football to watch, there's another competition ffs[/quote']

I paid £350 this season.. Although, it remains to be seen what price we get for next season (Depends on who owns us by then).

forest dont do season ticket renewals before the end of the season. as ive said before i think they're holding out to see if pompey go bust so they can "offer" us discounted prices for renewals as we'll miss the last game of the season, in an attempt to force our hand into forking out to watch **** cotterill football next year (and i probably will)

Would be awkward explaining how I knew you though :D

Anyway just know King is bound to score today. Will be interesting to see if we hear any she said no chants, because that really did my head in hearing it every game last year. Really don't expect him to get a good reception after the way he left and knowing our fans, though personally I wont boo or clap him.

Would be awkward explaining how I knew you though :D

Anyway just know King is bound to score today. Will be interesting to see if we hear any she said no chants, because that really did my head in hearing it every game last year. Really don't expect him to get a good reception after the way he left and knowing our fans, though personally I wont boo or clap him.

No it won't you tart :D Just shout McSheffrey and I'll come over and give you a man hug.

King won't score. We won't win. Sheffers will get a hat-trick, naturally.

To the people I'll be with you twit :D In fact if I called you McSheffrey would probably just confuse them more :D

Tbh if anyone is going to score it'll probably be McSheffrey because with got **** all goals from the rest of our team. Deegan/Platt 2nd top scorers with 3 goals fgs :D, a massive 1 goal from all our defenders combined (we never score from set pieces) and naff all goals from our midfielders.

West Ham away was quality. The team were awesome and I don't think I've enjoyed a match that much for a long while. After riding a tough first 15 minutes we grew into the game and ended up creating enough chances to possibly win it with us pretty much controlling the second half. I'm surprised at West Ham though, thought they'd have thrown more at us than they did, especially towards the end. I think the home fans had had enough by then as many of them started to leave after about 80 minutes.

The team seems to have improved massively in the last two games and I really hope that they build on this. If they continue to play like that then we have a good chance of putting a run together and getting out of the bottom three. Don't want to curse us like. We have our ultimate bogey team Reading on Tuesday who also happen to be in hot form. That could prove to be a very tough game, but I thought we'd get stuffed yesterday so...

finally finally finally we had a game against millwall where we appeared to get some luck going our way. millwall deserved something from yesterday, but we've had matches where that sort of things has happened to us so felt like our time to get a rub of the green.

it's the big one on tuesday. youuuuu reds

West Ham away was quality. The team were awesome and I don't think I've enjoyed a match that much for a long while. After riding a tough first 15 minutes we grew into the game and ended up creating enough chances to possibly win it with us pretty much controlling the second half. I'm surprised at West Ham though, thought they'd have thrown more at us than they did, especially towards the end. I think the home fans had had enough by then as many of them started to leave after about 80 minutes.

Probably been the best team at Upton Park this season, but I'm sure some of that was because thats probably our worst home performance of the season too. Diouf was very good, just seems to be all over the pitch. We were great until Vaz Te went off, pretty incredible how important to our team he is already. We just have no one else who has any creativity or flair, we were crying out for a Morrison debut yesterday but Sam instead took off Nolan for the first time, which did surprise me.

Havent seen the post match interviews but Allardyce is no doubt coating off the fans again. Thats the problem when you play **** football though, people dont mind as long as we're winning. But once youre playing **** football and not winning, theres absolutely nothing to be happy about.

Archived