The "Official" Tactic Request Thread - Can't find what you're looking for? ASK HERE!!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I created four games on the 22nd December 2011 on 12.1.1 I think the version was, on the game status it says 12.2.2 so unless it was forced to 12.2.2 when the update arrived I really don't know. Anyway I have 4 games going one with Swansea, one with Torquay United, one with Manchester City and one with Oldham Athletic mainly using 4-4-2, even used the Xenon tactic for a while, and also 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 with two attacking wingers, but I struggle a lot vs Manchester United with the Premier League teams and obviously with Torquay and Oldham I just get thrashed everytime I meet United in the cup or the league with Oldham. If I'm on the 12.1.1 version, unless forced to the new version on my games is there any tactic that could work really well for the good attacking teams Man City and Swansea home and away? and the same for the lower league teams?

Hey guys

I'm looking for a successful tactic that I can download/use for my Man Utd save in the new patch 12.2.2?

Anybody had any success?

Cheers

try knap's 4-4-2 tactic in the tactic (upload/download) section very good on the 12.2.2 patch

Sheffield United - Im in my 2nd season as sheffield united manager, As you may know you start the game with -20k wages and £0 transfer budget, so i had to release some top earners, get some frees, and get some loans in!

Im now promoted to the championship, and have a bit of money to spend, especially after ive sold Ched Evans And rob hulse (Hulse is a machine, got him on the monthly for 950k, scored 44 in the league!)

I wont list my players as i want to sell 3/4 of them anyway and sort out my finances over the pre season!

The main target i want, is to have a Solid defence, I dont want to concede ever! and with Sheffields squad that is going to be a nightmare, i plan on a whole squad overhaul and just basing the squad around a few half decent players i have,

So if possible i need.

A VERY VERY solid defensive tactic, with the ability to score aswell (will need to find some cheap strikers with high finishing!)

And if possible a breakdown on the tactic as to what key attributes i will need for each position!

The main goal is to concede no goals! but i do want to score aswell!

And if anyone else sees this who know of any players cheap who are solid in the championship let me know!

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys..

Been using an old tactic, that uses a 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

The tactic is old, successful and worked for 40 odd years in game..

I have now acquired several good strikers and wish to utilize them.

Is there a good tactic out there for 2 strikers? Or should I edit my existing tactic to suit?

Im looking for a tactic where the AMC is the main scoring option. Currently I am using a 4-1-1-3-1 with the striker as the main scoring option (with GREAT success), but my main striker is out the door come the end of the season, I can no longer meet his salary demands and every major club in Europe is chasing him (Won the European golden boot last season). Unfortunately, I do not have any other strikers near his ability, just a few very young ones who are still a few years away from being ready. I did however break the bank during the winter transfer window for a young AMC with Messi level potential... I just do not know how to best utilize him.

My lineup for next season (with their preferred roles) barring any major incoming transfers is: (I use Genie Scout to see ability and Pot)

GK - Bernd Leno

DR - 155CA Regen Atacking Fullback

DC - 145CA Regen

DC - 150CA Regen

DL - 145CA Regen - Support Fullback

DM - 160CA Regen - Anchor

MC - 165CA Regen - Support CM

AML/ML - 150CA Regen - Winger Attack

AMR/MR - 165CA Regen - Winger Attack

AMC - 150CA (199PA) - AM attack (also have a young AMC out on loan who should be around 140CA come next season, just not as high PA)

ST - Unknown -I have a couple young poachers, and a target man... all around 130CA to currently choose from. I will probably sign a couple veteran strikers to hold down the position while I loan out the young ones for more experience.

Hi guys, any good 4-3-3 (or similar) that would suit an Andy Carroll type as the central striker? Some great 4-3-3's on here but they all seem to have Aguero/Van Persie type central strikers and I'm struggling to devise anything that suits a traditional TM without going long ball. Any ideas appreciated, thanks :)

I keep using Marcelo v442 v2 and it fails badly. All players morale okay-v.good with an average rating for 6.8-7.4 yet still constantly losing, last game for instance being 4-0. All other tactics I have used fail horrendously. I just need something with a solid defense with still being able to make flowing break away attacks.

Can anyone please let me know if a good tactic using only 3 defenders (i.e. 3-4-3/ 3-5-2/ 3-6-1~) exists here? Thanks!

there is a tweaked tactic of vodu's on fm base and i think someone might have uploaded it to si forums aswell.

It has "pawn" in the name so ctrl+f on the tactics forum and see if it can find it

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, i whacked this in the wrong forum before

------

Hi guys

I have just started a new game with PSG, using the latest [official] database. Haven't bought anyone yet.

I am ideally looking for two tactics, one to use at home and one to use away.

I am not too good at creating my own so would like to download one that people think will work with my team.

Hey guys,

I have been of FM for a while with exams.

My exams end on the 22nd so was looking for the best tactic to start playing with.

So my question is,what is currently the BEST tactic in the forums that is working for everyone.

If someone feels its somewhere else,please link me to it via pm.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been playing FM (and CM before that) for the past 12 years but, despite this, I've never been able to master the tactical side of the game and and have always downloaded a tactic some genius has uploaded to this site and concentrated on buying players and the other tasks managing a football team entails.

Over the years, I've always managed to find a 'plug and play' tactic but I am struggling to find one for FM12. I have tried a few but they only seem to work for half a season after which, I disappointedly watch on as the early promise my team has showed fizzles out leaving me disheartened. There are so many tactics to chose from and, without asking the most painful, repetitive and obvious question to all you regulars (as kindly demonstrated by the post above), I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the direction of a tactic that I can use straight away without tweaking and will last longer than half a season before being found out by the AI.

I know this is lazy but, despite my years of playing FM, I have never been able to create a tactic that works. Please excuse my shortcomings in this area. After 12 years in the game I now realise and accept that I am never going to become a great tactician.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Any one got a tactic where wingers + the lone striker score a lot of goals? In most tactics I create, the striker seems to score most of them. I would like a more evenly distribution of goals between the 2 attacking wingers and the striker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me with e 4-3-1-2 narrow tactics? with three central midfielders, an amc and two strikers. am playing with Monaco and no tactics that work! located on the fourteenth place in the league after twelve rounds and the board begins to tire of me as a manager = ( Thanks in advice

• 3 weeks later...

Would really appreciate if someone could let me know if there is a good 4-2-2-2 tactic?

Similar to what Brazil normally play (in FM at least), 4-2DMs-2MCs/AMCs-2FCs

What is the best one that is in this formation?

Thanks a lot!

G'day guys.

I'm looking for a tactic with Australia that uses 3 central defenders. I am currently utilising a 32yo Mat McKay in the LB position and rotating either Ryan McGowan or Rhys Williams in the RB spot. There are no good LB's coming through for Australia and while the RB's are solid I think both players are better utilised elsewhere on the field.

I have a quite strong attacking front third and some solid DM's but overall the side is not a world beater. I feel with the current side I need something with 3 CB's, any number of DM's but no WB's as I have no good wide defenders, any number of MC's, no ML/MR as my wide players are all very attacking, any number in the AM line and any number of strikers. I am very flexible in what I use but something in the 3-2-3-2 may work well (3 x CB, 2 x DM, AMR, AMC and AML, 2 x ST) but whatever you guys think is best.

Below is my current selected 23 with no injuries keeping anyone out:

Goalkeepers

Federici

Langerak

Ryan

Defenders

McKay

Williams

McGowan

DeVere

Jamieson

Leijer

Lowry

Spiranovic

Midfielders

Cahill

Moore

Valeri

Kantarovski

Jedinak

Leckie

Kruse

Oar

Paartalu

Tsberidis

Strikers

Brosque

Munro

Feel free to offer any advice but I really don't hve any good full backs. Thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...

Guys,

I have been playing FM2013 BETA version for the past 48 hours and i cant seem to get a decent tactic that any good. I am playing with Liverpool and one minute i will beat Man Utd away 3-0 then next i will lose at home to Southampton 4-0!!

Has anyone developed any good tactics yet?

Believe me lesson learned lol! I've been playing it through, gotten much better results whilst i've been playing with it. Won first 5 with United with solid results before a dissapointing 0-0 with Southampton, but everyone was shattered from midweek fixture in CL. Is a good solid tactic and the first one i've used that doesn't give me the crazy massive win followed by silly loss scenario. RVP is a legend with this, struggling with defence though, still. Much, much better than anything i've managed on my own though!

Out of interest, which team were you when you won everything?

Believe me lesson learned lol! I've been playing it through, gotten much better results whilst i've been playing with it. Won first 5 with United with solid results before a dissapointing 0-0 with Southampton, but everyone was shattered from midweek fixture in CL. Is a good solid tactic and the first one i've used that doesn't give me the crazy massive win followed by silly loss scenario. RVP is a legend with this, struggling with defence though, still. Much, much better than anything i've managed on my own though!

Out of interest, which team were you when you won everything?

I was (and still is) Dortmund. its not a wondermaker but its pretty solid. I've struggled against Schalke away from home but other then that it's been ok to me. Defence will still be horrible on the crosses to far post but i do not know enough about the game to fix it. probably should just put the fullbacks on defensive.