The "Official" Tactic Request Thread - Can't find what you're looking for? ASK HERE!!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/05/2020 at 11:02, lucazz said:

isn't there a knapp's tactic for FM20?

3 strikers works again in FM20? or 4-2-4 is better?

can someone suggest me a tactic to win scoring a lot of goals?

Knap has 22 tactics right now for FM20. What kind of formation or style do you want to play

You can find a link to them here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TE22-1gsGXb4Y3yxpsUST7KusUiFPl_XBkhvxIO0fH0/edit#gid=567996015

Edited by Lambie\'s Lovechild

Does anyone have a reliable tactic available to download for scenarios in which your team is down to 10 men? I always struggle in this situation, disproportionately so compared to teams in real life, and am ready to throw in the towel on trying to fix it myself!

19 minutes ago, crafty bison said:

Does anyone have a reliable tactic available to download for scenarios in which your team is down to 10 men? I always struggle in this situation, disproportionately so compared to teams in real life, and am ready to throw in the towel on trying to fix it myself!

I think the best approach is:

- Regroup
- Dropping Mentality
- Tempo & Pass Lower
- Hold Shape
- Time Wasting (Max)
- Remove ST

but I would like to see "park the bus" tactic. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want to spam Knap and his thread with my 4231 requests. So I'm trying here instead. There are a lot of good 4231's that Knap made. 

- Knap Parisienne

- 4231 BEOWULF

- 4231 HOLY 

- 4231 Black Echo 

Etc.. 

What is your preference, and which of these (or any other 4231) are you having best, and most consistent results with. Regardless of being underdog, sub-top or elite team.

Thanks!

On 01/06/2020 at 11:32, pilmalm said:

I don't want to spam Knap and his thread with my 4231 requests. So I'm trying here instead. There are a lot of good 4231's that Knap made. 

- Knap Parisienne

- 4231 BEOWULF

- 4231 HOLY 

- 4231 Black Echo 

Etc.. 

What is your preference, and which of these (or any other 4231) are you having best, and most consistent results with. Regardless of being underdog, sub-top or elite team.

Thanks!

Please may I ask where I can find the 4231 black echo tactic??? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I just got promoted in the serie A with my small team. It will be a very difficult season with few new players, can you suggest me a good tactic to use? Maybe a parkthebus/counterattack one to use when i face top teams, and a more attacking oriented one to use versus teams i feel i can beat?

Thanks in advance!

16 ore fa, GiAmPoZ ha scritto:

Hello guys, I just got promoted in the serie A with my small team. It will be a very difficult season with few new players, can you suggest me a good tactic to use? Maybe a parkthebus/counterattack one to use when i face top teams, and a more attacking oriented one to use versus teams i feel i can beat?

Thanks in advance!

I make 2nd with Empoli with a ****** squad. Young players, almost all on loan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys relatively new to FM thanks to the coronavirus am aiming to design a possession based tactic which I can use as a template for most of my saves and make small adjustments on the way. I know the generic way to do this is to play with HB or A in DM strata but am trying to make a 4231 variant which would add to my flexibility. Anyone got some ideas on the roles and instructions I should be using? Thanks

Almost all tactics out there is high speed counter football. But does anyone have a good tactic and formation for my Valencia team which creates a lot of goals and possession. Preferably a tactic which gives a lot of goals for my wingers. Thanks

2 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Almost all tactics out there is high speed counter football. But does anyone have a good tactic and formation for my Valencia team which creates a lot of goals and possession. Preferably a tactic which gives a lot of goals for my wingers. Thanks

Have in mind, possession in FM is not like real football; possession calculated different.

Hi. I'm looking for a tactic for AC MIlan which will get the best out of a aging and slow moving Zlatan. I usually play gegenpressing or tiki-taka type formations, but don't think that will suit a forward lacking pace and teamwork. I don't have any experience of playing target men type formations so at a loss on how to go about building around him.

Idealy this would be a pretty attacking formation, and two up front would be fun - but also open to something based on wide forwards since Milan have options there.

• 4 weeks later...

We have so many high scoring tactics here, but I'm looking for something totally solid at the back. Where the other team can have 60-70% possession if they want, but they'll be reduced to 30 yards shots the whole match as there is zero space to play in my final third. 

A tactic so defensive, you would have to call it "Total Negativity". Full on Big Sam/Sean Dyche where you defend for 90 minutes and then score a single set piece.

Using a variant 3-4-3 just now with 3 centre backs and no strikers, but it still feels too positive (3 AM C to try and generate goals, but I would prefer 2 and to use one as a DMC)

Hopefully someone takes this as a challenge to create "Anti-Football" in a tactic

• 4 months later...

I have a very technical team, but every season I have an unavoidable mid-season slump around Christmas. I'm guessing it's 'cause I play possession-based short passing football, and I know weather in England will have a detrimentla effect on being able to do that. I can't for the life of me make a good winter tactic (more direct, maybe?) as I just don't like that type of football anyway and my brain seems unable to work like that 😂 Could anyone point me in the the direction of a good tactic I can use over winter please, when my possession game doesn't seem to work as well?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

hello, for FM15-16-17-18-19 or 20 (i mean the most buggy tactic ever among these editions, not a tactic that is good for one of these editions but the best ever)

is there a tactic that exploits exploits and allows you to win by scoring a lot of goals?
as for FM12 the exploits of the corners and of the strikers

I just want to have fun, build a team starting from the bottom and see my team beat the opponents by scoring many, many, many goals; maybe see my strikers make records of goals scored in season as they did in 2012

thanks

Hey i m using fm legends and currently playing with sporting, now how can i make this tactic truly work.

I have some good results, yes but in some games even with many goals, but in the last games the team started playing really bad, even when winning they suck.

How can i improve this tactic?

TNX

FMSCP5V.PNG

FM20CAL.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone help me find a defensive tactic that helps me grind out and protect a 1-0 lead or when I go a man down?

I'm managing Newcastle in the Prem and my main tactic is quite attacking but when playing away from home I often concede late in the game and throw away leads - same when I go a man down, suddenly can't keep the ball or protect anything even when I go to 'Defensive or Very Defensive'.

I'd love to have tactic I can kill the game with in the last minutes.

@Kikoseiz

There is a list of tweaks for SUS tactics in my thread OP. Also a link to mentality matters. There is a ready made SUS tactic but better to work out your own. A few of my YT Vids shows the tweaks to control or SUS. Cult FM also has a SUS tactic which is probably in his thread or on YT.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for a defensive, waste time tactic to use when up many goals. Any of my attempts at low-intensity defensive tactics just end up with the players doing nothing defensively (or offensively).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Afternoon,

I’m looking for a successful tactic for Chelsea, ideally involving 2 up top, either 442 or 532. I love strikers scoring goals hence the two up top.  Happy enough if it involves me needing to rebuilt the team but would like to be rebuilt around Mount and James. Happy to sell anyone else if it facilitates an attacking team.

Playing on Xbox if that effects things.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...