Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

i wud luv fm10 if wen there hasnt been a chance for aba 10 mins for it to go onto it and u get a corner!!! wtf is the point of showin me a chance wen there isn't 1. i hate that so much!!:mad:

also, the players take about 108 years to run over to take the corner. annoying!!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a better managerial profile screen

For some reason all the big clubs in Italy and England are coming in for me, despite my stats being incredibly low: 5's/ 8's e.t.c and only one blue (Financial Control)

Plus the knowledge is a bit weird, for some reason i have knowledge in countries like Belgium & Senegal where i have no players of these nationalities, but i dont have knowledge in countries like Poland and Greece, whom i have managed?

Sure it will have been asked before but:

Maybe use the Nintendo consoles: Wii, DS.

Would be great fun to play this game on DS with the touch screen, and maybe a phone version of the game!

If i see that anytime soon, i will be suprised, far too complicated to play if it was created IMO

SI have said that they want to concentrate on the PC/Mac version of the game, so it's unlikely that they'll be making the game for Nintendo consoles any time soon, especially since they've stopped making the game for the xbox.

Yeah, and IMO, its not really a game for a games console, its getting more complicated and there is only so far they can take it on Consoles

Something really easy to do: a pair of menu/table with the best 25 or 50 players (world, continental or by nation) ranked by reputation, to have an overview useful for later years.

Might be useful something similar for managers too (there's something in the actual game, but not well sorted nor detailed, so not useful.

Those are some nice features boys.

haha. i like it

and yes he should be able to have his say, its a waste of time looking through threads from months ago because its not exactly what we want to say is it. someone may touch upon the surface fo soemthing, granted not on this subject, but in all fairness if you don;t wish to read or post on a subject you don't have to, just ignore it.

I think for the next FM they should have an option when you go for a another job while employed,that you can put a private appilcation in or a public one.Maybe sometimes when you place a private application the media find out

Also i think there should be a bit where you can see whos gone in for the job so you know who you may be up against.

I think you could see that bit in Champ Man 94-95

Bring it back

I plead with the programmers to put faces on the tactical screen so I can move them around like Andy Gray

does on sky sports. I'm sure they haven't done it already because they haven't got the licence (a certain other

manager series has it). But it would give so much more feel to the game. Even if they just put it in and give an

option to use it or not so you don't just have blank graphics for faces you haven't got. I live in hope.

I think that when you go to arrange a friendly, a shortlist of teams should appear who would be willing to play on that day. Arranging friendlies is a little too difficult then it should IMO and this would be a welcome addition which would prevent wasted time. BTW this was phnompenhandy's idea first.

when offsides occur, switching to the linesmans view, who should be in line with the last defender, and then stop as soon as the ball is played and show whether he is offside to help managers decide to criticise referees

Can a manager do that in real life? It's not realistic at all

Suggestions for improvements to the game.

1. Include the crowd in the stadiums so they look full or half empty if it's middlesborough!!

2. Within the matchday more crowd chants individual to the club would be great, so you feel like your at anfield, old trafford or gigg lane etc...

3. Realistic stadiums would be good as there is no individuality for any stadium they all look the same not very realistic.

However the game is great!

having just seen the damned united. i would like the press-conferences to change the replies so i can create a personality within the game, for example have the same mentalness of cloughie, or the stand off ish of wenger, the cockyness of Mourinho etc. i just want the questions to change so it feels like i can replay indipendantly and to set to the very vague rigid options.

also the idea to be able to gain other sponsors, for example you in 2034 and you get told the board have sold the stadium rights for £x Million or announce multiple sponsorship deals

and the league status to actually change so if i manage in ROI i can one day in the future (a LONG LONG way) i get the ROI league up in standards resulting in higher TV revenue big sponsorship side, more willingness to join from better players etc.

Sorry if this has already been suggested (it's taking too long to search through all 41 pages!!!), along the lines of what acidmonkey said in the above post, It would be good if you could choose the club's sponsors (shirt and stadium sponsors) yourself. Not that the board don't have the clubs interest at heart, but it would provide another element of interactivity into the game.

For example, in the finance tab you could have a sponsor section which tells you about the status of all current sponsorship deals. And if your shirt sponsorship deal is about to end, you could have a list of all interested parties and what they are offering. You could also have the same structure for a stadium sponsor.

I wouldnt mind if SI could make the league table graph (when you click on a position not the actual table) like the ones on the skysports news website where it also has all the games theyve played as little dots along the graph, and when you hover over a dot it shows you the fixture and result of that game, like below

sstableexample.jpg

In regards to the confidence system and in particular the fans position within it, it would be nice to perhaps asuade some of their concerns over signings of youngsters which although clearly are bought for the future seems to disapoint them when they don't play, and perhaps when a game hasn't gone your way you could directly ease or confront their stance on it. I think a cool way to do this would be to have something like a managers notes in a programm, like we get at RL football matches, perhaps following a similar system to the press conference,

ie

Fans seem to have a growing concern ver the purchase of x player.

option

x player has been signed with an eye very much on the future and wll only perhaps appear a few tims this season, but he is definatley a star for the future.

fans have show unease against the 1-1 draw with team x.

Although I realise that fans want to see us win everygame sometimes things don't always go to plan.

or, if you wanted to be confrontational,

I understand the fans frustration, howevre we are on a terrific run of form at the minute and maybe a little bit of understanding is due from certian quarters.

Just a little something to help you feel a bit more in control you know.

For example, in the finance tab you could have a sponsor section which tells you about the status of all current sponsorship deals. And if your shirt sponsorship deal is about to end, you could have a list of all interested parties and what they are offering. You could also have the same structure for a stadium sponsor.

The manager doesn't handle this in real life.

Okay, so maybe the manager doesn't actually have control over this in real life, but it would just add something to the game if you were able to pick/have some input into the process of selecting new sponsors.

What about a better way to know when your oposition make a substitution. Kinda like when a player gets a yellow card or is caught offside and a little screen pop up. So when a substitution is being made this little screen will show first with a red arrow poiting down and the name of the player that is going out, and that screen disappear and another one with a green arrow poiting up with the name of the player that is coming in shows up. I don't think it will be that difficult to make, and is quite an obvious thing that i don't understand why we still don't have it in FM.

Also, something that i suggested months ago and i'll try again now. In that time bar on botton of the screen, that shows when the highlights/goals/cards happened, we should be able to rover our mouse cursor over the little balls/cards to see who scored that goal or got that card. It could have something like that for substitutions that were made too, so we can see when there was a substitution and who went out and came in.

Another suggestion, in matches with low attendance we should be able to hear the pitch sounds, you know, those sounds when a players hits the ball. Because since i started playing CM, i always let the volume the same while viewing a match, so i know if the crowd is big or not, but in match with low attendance you don't hear anything, you should be able to at least hear those pitch sounds.

What i'm going to suggest now might be a bit more complicated, but in real life, at matches with low attendance, the sounds from the crowds are more clear, more specific if you know what i'm saying, while in matches with high attendance the sounds is less clear. It would be good if you could try to recreate that, so that when you view a low attendance match it's not just like the game tuned down the volume, it should sound different also, it could add to the realism of the game. Remember, i'm not asking for actual chants that you can understand what the fans are saying, but in matches with low attendance the sounds from the crowd should be closer to a human voice, while in matches with high attendance you can only hear the crowd voice, if you know what i'm saying.

I would like to suggest a new filter for the squad page. If your arrive at a new club and it has a large squad your not familiar with, it can be painstaking to look through them all for the best players in each position. It would be nice if you could have a filter that allows you to pick a stat and it shows the players with the highest value in that stat. Or several stats. For example, I want to pick a good DM, so I can select to filter by the highest work rate, determination, tackling and strength. Whoever comes up is my choice!

along the lines of what acidmonkey said in the above post, It would be good if you could choose the club's sponsors (shirt and stadium sponsors) yourself. Not that the board don't have the clubs interest at heart, but it would provide another element of interactivity into the game.

i dont want to choose them and think thats the boards responsablitiy i just want extra revenue streams so the board will find sponsors for me

Guest josh9393

I would like it if it was possible for your captain to conduct a teamtalk. Then the qualities you chose him for (ie. influence) can really be used. The players might listen to him if he has a good relationship with them, or ignore him if he is not respected.

I don't know whether this actually happens much in real life (I don't have access to many dressing rooms!) but I think it might be a nice addition to the game.

When a team is relegated in real life, the more loyal players sometimes are willing to take pay-cuts in order to keep playing for the club as well as help them out. Doesn't happen in the game but I think it would be a nice touch, perhaps allowing you to see where the truly loyal players are in your squad (or if you have any at all); or perhaps adding positives to that team's favoured personnel for that player.

been asked to add this to the thread..........

In future versions can we please have the facility/option to make a change to the penalty taker when you are awarded one..................as it is now you go with pre selected choices...and if you make a change during the game it obviously takes time for them to kick in(no pun intended) ........

eg.......in a recent game vidic had a brace and I got awarded a pen obviously I had to go with my previously selected option but I wanted Vidic to try for his hat trick he might not get that chance again.

perhaps a tick box with pre game options could be added.........something like prompt player change for set piece/ with free kicks/corners/pen (so you could leave un ticked and go with pre selected players or if ticked you will be given option to change the taker...my choice would be to leave free kicks/corners as is but pens I would check )

cheers

This is perhaps less of a wishlist request, more of a sales idea i guess!

Some people find football management games too hard and so after one buy and much frustration they don't bother again. These would be people looking for a good and quick chance of success and are likely to be those of a non-patience variety. A good football management sim will lose these customers as a result.

My suggestion would be to introduce a form of difficulty level option. You can play the game as it is or play an easier version which can be done pretty simply i'd imagine. (Probably well wide of the mark on this one!).

The easing of the difficulty would be achieved through a reduction of the ability of opposing teams when they face the user. Each player could lose 1 point from each of his visible game attributes on the difficulty level just below a normal game and could be increased to -2, -3 and so on to make each opposing team progressively worse depending on how easy a game the user is interested in. The other teams' ability would only be affected in games against the user.

Just a thought.

Here's one I thought up just a short while ago...what about telling you who your shirt sponsors are? For LLM these could be fictional companies or local ones and maybe further up the leagues you could get real sponsors? Would there be a problem with copyrights and things with this? I just think it would give you a clear impression of your teams reputation and give the fantasy kit makers something to play with.

i would like the facility to pay off any transfer clauses early if i choose to!!

for example say i owe atletico madrid £200k a month for the next 24 months, but i dont want that money being taken out every month, adding to my bottom line. I would just like to pay them the £4,800,000 now.

Guest MattJasina

1)I think a good idea, would be to have specific activities for training sessions, meaning:

Instead of having agility, you can have specific things like bleep test or others

You can also have an option to choose specific equipment for training

2) Have players saying that they dont want to play in for example the League Cup as its to low key, so you dont play your starting 11 every game (well not when a player from 11 is injured)

3)Choose to play a secound 11 or players who do not play in regular fixtures to gain experiance

would like the option to have something like the 3d game situation for training where you can see training and tell individual players...(on screen with arrows/markers as with a coaching board etc not tell them aim here actually be able to mark on the pitch where to play the ball to) ...where you want ball played/runs/zones you want them to track back to/where to aim free kicks /corners etc etc:thup:

more realistic press/feedback where what you actually say shows up..and not just the pre -selected responses

Lastly commentary on the game would be great to have a feature like fifa 08 had with Martin Tyler/Andy Gray;)

I would like you to post new ideas about FM.

I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

i would like to be able to manage a 'legend' like charlton,greaves,best,pele etc from an early age.it could be put in as n opitional feature.

wouldnt want them in their prime,would want to see if i could have kept gazza on the straight&narrow:thup:!!!

Now, there are about a million pages here and i'm not going to check all of them to see if my idea is already here..

Does Alex Ferguson do any coaching.? You bet your life he does..

Does Fabio Capello do any coaching.? You bet your life he does..

Do all the managers in the game have coaching stats and the ability to coach.? You bet they do..

DO I.... NOPE...

How come the manager of a team (ME) not have the ability to coach the players (especially in the loweer leagues where my ability to coach is essential)...

Isn't football management as much about the importance of working with the players out on the practice pitch as it is buying potential and proven quality, having killer tactics and all that...

Wouldn't it be great if you could develop the coaching part of being a manager (ALL professional managers need to have the UEFA coaching badge, yet in the game we cannot actually use the pre-requisit skill)... How about giving the manager neutral coaching stats and give him the option to coach.. Let him develop these skills and become a more complete manager...

Sorry if this idea has been suggested already...

When discussing terms with a player id like to be able to talk with them rather then just offer a contract to them.

In other words meet with the player and their agent where i can convince them that my club would be the best club to join. Perhaps ask them to attend a match to watch us play, and talk to them about my future plans for the club etc, in a similer way the press conferences are done.

id like more player involvement in general. Players talking to the media etc

Individual 1 to 1s with players to discuss any issues etc. If a player is playing well i want to tell him to his face and not go through the media.

Improved teamtalks. If im 3-0 up and happy with the display but want us to go and score another 3 i dont want to tell them im pleased as invites complacency but i dont want to tell them to not be complacent as thats like telling them im not happy with the first half display.

Improved fan interaction with who they like or dont like. Enchanced rivalries for players they dont like.

An end of week traiing update. If a player is struggling to score goals and is low on confidence but is improving and working very hard in training id want to know. Perhaps training having an effect on form as such. This could also assist with improved training where if a side of a players game is lacking i.e finishing i want to be able to focus on that during training.

Lastly i really would like a more realistic expectation from the board and fans after matches. Currently im West Ham and by some minor miracle i finished 4th in the PL. In the Champions League i drew AC Milan in my group and not suprisingly the likes of Carlton Cole and Faubert were no match when we played them away. But yet my fans we still annoyed with my 1-0 loss. It seems common a loss will always result in a negative reaction from fans and the board. A touch of realism would be nice here.

Assistant-manager team-talk feedback. The game (assistant-manager) already gives reaction to team-talk for the first team since FM07. But this has not been expanded for the reserve and Under X teams.

Archived