Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

History section of competitions: Since some leagues and cups have been going on for over 100 years, it'd be nice to have a feature where you can rank the holders.

eg. Premier League would be:

1) Man Utd 19

2) Liverpool 18

3) Arsenal 13

4) Everton 9

and on... could also have runner-up figures.

Think it's a nice touch.

Adding on to someone else's point from above, I would like to see more power given to Chairmen / Sporting Directors. For Instance, If a team underachieves for 3 or 4 seasons, maybe the club owner would look to replace the Chairman and hire someone he feels would be more suited to hiring the right people to get the club going forward again.

As for the Sporting Directors, a feature where they recommend players would be welcome, as would a feature where they, under specific circumstances (Sugardaddy owner, Plenty of cash in the bank) buy, and even sell players without the consent of the manager! That would make for some interesting decisons as to whether you should stick with a club which you don't have full control over, or try you're luck elsewhere.

Another feature I like the sound of is being able to recruit the types of player you want in youth recruitment, not just deal with the ones you get. Im not talking about specific positions of players (although a defense orientated/ offense orientated could possibly work) and potential ability or stupid things like that, but the type of players, whether they are more technically capable, or physically/mentally w/e else. Could just be a simple slider option implemented, which you could just leave at default if you prefer things the way they are??

this idea is genius. really think this would work.

Please, please, please, please, please add an option to the player chat, whereby when they ask for first team football, you can reply that you are not going to drop the current players because they are in good form. It is so frustrating not to have that option.

"Just be patient. I can't drop anyone as they are playing too well. You will get a chance if there is an injury or others start performing poorly."

Please, please, please, please, please add an option to the player chat, whereby when they ask for first team football, you can reply that you are not going to drop the current players because they are in good form. It is so frustrating not to have that option.

"Just be patient. I can't drop anyone as they are playing too well. You will get a chance if there is an injury or others start performing poorly."

i think there is a looooooooooooooooottttt of room for improvement when it comes to relationships.

but i understand it's not easy to put in the game something that has enourmous diversity in real life to the game..but it should get better evey year..faster than it is getting right now..

my biggest thing is for SI to atleast make it so that the german national team contained real players. annoying that the international careers of lahm and schweinsteiger are over when you start a game.

would love to be able to manage germany but that might be asking too much!

They can't as EA hold the exclusive license, Google is your friend though.

Something I have come across in my save is the need to change the delay transfer option. I had a bid of £40m come in for my RB & that was too much to turn down, in anticipation of his departure I put in a bid for a much cheaper replacement but had to delay the deal as he agreed terms before my RB agreed a deal to leave, now that he is gone I have to wait 4 days until I can confirm the transfer of the new lad.

Wish there was an option to finalise the deal at any time within the 7 day delay window.

I have a few suggestions for the development of "Football Manager".

1) At the beginning of the game, before becoming a coach. What is necessary to pass any tests for the category, we can start to coach the team. Category A, B, C, Pro.

2) You need something to do with the money that gets coach of the contract. I do not understand where the money went and why they are needed there at all, if I can not spend it. I wish that would have been allowed to buy the club with the money, I do not think I'm the only one who wants it.

3) Make it a conversation with the leadership of coach and players bigger or what? You need to add more questions, answers. Communication with the media is terrible, every game the same questions. I left all the press conferences at the assistant because I was not interested in listening to the same thing every game.

4) Before you step down to allow the coach to hold a press conference about why and explain why the decided to leave the post. For example: "I'm tired of football," "Do not converged with the nature of leadership," "After several defeats in a row, I decided to resign, I think it will benefit the club." Something like that. Just allow the talk to the press when the coach to be in retirement.

5) Make a batch fees more flexible to choose the country in which to carry out duties as is done for example in fifa manager.

6) Change of the game, I want something new. Make a 3D game more realistic, just awful to watch players who are not running around the field, and it is not clear what they do. Can not get from two meters to the gate. Also in the 3D game, I noticed that the players often succumb not to the free player, but on that which covers the opponent.

Вроде все сказал, если что то еще вспомню то обязательно напишу))) Like all said, if something else will remember you always write)))

I suppose many people wrote about that before, but I have to write it, because nothing pleases me in the game as much as managing the national teams ;) What would I like to see is:

- arranging friendlies in non-FIFA dates. It really annoying that you can't play more friendlies than just a few a year :/

- when players are called up, they should be on your training regime, not the one of the club manager.

- there should be a way do make player change his decision about chosen nationality - even if he has declared one.

- when players played only a friendly game in one national team, they should still be able to change the nationality.

I suppose many people would gladly see those changes...;)

I have a few suggestions for the development of "Football Manager".

1) At the beginning of the game, before becoming a coach. What is necessary to pass any tests for the category, we can start to coach the team. Category A, B, C, Pro.

No. This is Football Manager, meaning you can take control of any team you want. If I want to play Liverpool, I don't want any tests, I just want to manage Liverpool.

2) You need something to do with the money that gets coach of the contract. I do not understand where the money went and why they are needed there at all, if I can not spend it. I wish that would have been allowed to buy the club with the money, I do not think I'm the only one who wants it.

Why should you be able to do anything with the money? It's a football management game, what does this add to football management?

3) Make it a conversation with the leadership of coach and players bigger or what? You need to add more questions, answers. Communication with the media is terrible, every game the same questions. I left all the press conferences at the assistant because I was not interested in listening to the same thing every game.

Agree, all interaction is terrible. I would like to see an option to play without interaction,press and teamtalks

4) Before you step down to allow the coach to hold a press conference about why and explain why the decided to leave the post. For example: "I'm tired of football," "Do not converged with the nature of leadership," "After several defeats in a row, I decided to resign, I think it will benefit the club." Something like that. Just allow the talk to the press when the coach to be in retirement.

Ok.

5) Make a batch fees more flexible to choose the country in which to carry out duties as is done for example in fifa manager.

I have no idea what you mean here.

6) Change of the game, I want something new. Make a 3D game more realistic, just awful to watch players who are not running around the field, and it is not clear what they do. Can not get from two meters to the gate. Also in the 3D game, I noticed that the players often succumb not to the free player, but on that which covers the opponent.

For me 2d is fine. I want to see players movement, see how my tactics work. I don't need detailed graphics, cause it doesn't improve this tactical game. But I do think the match engine can be improved, obviously.

Вроде все сказал, если что то еще вспомню то обязательно напишу))) Like all said, if something else will remember you always write)))

More Fan reaction interms of when a manager is appionted and who they bring in and what they have acheived perhaps even backroom staff can become part of negotitions when taking on a job for both the AI and game player and if they dont get what they want they turn the job down, like the situation at wolves.

Also be nice to see more from boards and owners, more reaction, more media, more feedback.

Why should you be able to do anything with the money? It's a football management game, what does this add to football management?

I don't think most that people play this game because they want to become a football manager - they play it because you get to control the team of your dreams, and it just so happens that the manager is the most identifiable person.

The game should not be constrained by its name.

agreed and seconded!

This is a very controversial topic at the moment it seems, but I DO think that something should be done with the money we as managers earn. It is fruitless to try to get that extra wage rise when in the game, it has no affect on the game or yourself.

In all honesty, I do NOT want to be buying houses and cars. I agree, this is not the Sims. perhaps it could be spent on "evening classes" learning tactics or training methods or a new language so that your new italian player who has a poor relationship with you as he cannot speak to you, can finally be improved as he understands your team talks. As long as what you do with the money is kept football related, then I do not see the issue with it.

I also think that staff should be able to be sent on coaching courses during the pre-season so increase their coaching stats, obviously at their own cost depending on their motivation, or the clubs cost.

Also, the option to do a loan-buy type transfer, where I buy a player in the January transfer window, but he stays at the club he is with on-loan until the end of the season. This I feel is a MUST, as it could have a BIG affect on their form and improvement in training etc. ESPECIALLY when it is a youth player.......

This is a very controversial topic at the moment it seems, but I DO think that something should be done with the money we as managers earn. It is fruitless to try to get that extra wage rise when in the game, it has no affect on the game or yourself.

In all honesty, I do NOT want to be buying houses and cars. I agree, this is not the Sims. perhaps it could be spent on "evening classes" learning tactics or training methods or a new language so that your new italian player who has a poor relationship with you as he cannot speak to you, can finally be improved as he understands your team talks. As long as what you do with the money is kept football related, then I do not see the issue with it.

Just add a steam achievement for career earnings if it bugs enough people that much.

Much like the history we see for clubs, have a similar thing for the manager as we move around, could particularly add something to journeyman and long-term saves.

This would include:

Most capped player

Top goal scorer all time

Top goal scorer season

Biggest ever crowd

Most points in a single season

Winning/losing runs

Best goalkeeper (Games/Conceded)

Dirtiest player (The game keeps these records in player stats anyway)

Biggest contract (Manager wage)

ALSO in the player history section have an option to show goals in all completions not just league.

Also, the option to do a loan-buy type transfer, where I buy a player in the January transfer window, but he stays at the club he is with on-loan until the end of the season. This I feel is a MUST, as it could have a BIG affect on their form and improvement in training etc. ESPECIALLY when it is a youth player.......

You already can choose the transfer date. If (in England) you buy them in August you can set the transfer date till the end of the season. Can't you?

More feedback from your staff before you select the squad for match-day. Also being able to select a leadership group who you can talk to about certain players and issues surrounding the club.

- assistant helping you out by telling you which players have been training really well.

Being able to talk to the board about selling a stadiums naming rights to increase income to the club.

Stands in your home ground being named after club legends.. eg sir alex ferguson stand. Would be nice to see your managers name on one if you bring success to a club.

With international management, being able to select a stadium to play your home friendlies in or communicate with the national associations and building a relationship with them?

Being able to announce that you will leave at the end of the season, instead of immediately.

talking to the media about your players and their international selection chances

Youth academies from around the world?

personally scouting players (eg ferguson watching hazard)

I got a few suggestions

*Press conferences - You can answer a question without storming out which is so annoying

*Unlocking achievements - I was thinking if you could get something more then just achievements for e.g if you win the world cup with England you get the England v Germany world cup 1966 full game or if Messi scores a hat-trick then you can get the match where you get Messi v Arsenal where he annihilates Arsenal in the Champions League.

Being able to announce that you will leave at the end of the season, instead of immediately.

personally scouting players (eg ferguson watching hazard)

Can't you already do these two? Im pretty sure you can take a job offer starrting from the end of the season, if you are in the second half of the season.

I haven't tried it on this FM but on old ones if you cliked on the v the fixture list ,i.e. Lille v PSG , then you could watch the match. Sorry if this isnt the case any more

Edit I just tried and you can attend fixtures as long as your team aren't playing at the same time. I have no intention of doing it though, so I dont know if the game generates any news items about you being at the match if you have players playing in it on your shortlist

There needs to be a cap for PA as it exists in real life although it is less rigid than FM, it does feel like there are more instances of players performing above their initially estimated potential irl & this is more closely linked with man management, motivation & tactical acumen which where FM & in particular the AI needs to improve.

Without PA it will become too easy to train players up to the point where they achieve a maximum attribute rating across too many areas as people slowly work out the magic formula & as such the game as a whole will become much easier.

I've seen it happen in management game in the dim distant past where you could coach a group of non-league players to be world superstars in under a decade when there was no upper limit on their potential.

yeah, when I say no cap, I really mean it, all players with the cap of 200; but on the other hand, a better tendency of higher reputation club to attract these players. Lower the improvement rate of the players, I would say players in FM are far too easy to train. And add off what I said, slower rate of improvement, would result in better appreciation of good youngsters

The whole point of the wage system is job security! If you're locked into a 5-year contract paying £3M p/a and you have a bad run of form, the chairman will probably stick with you,because the cost of firing you is £15M, whereas if you're earning £10k p/a for one year, there's negligible cost involved in firing you the first time something goes wrong...

The flipside of this is that the higher the contract you demand, the smaller the club's wage budget; it lets you choose between your own job security and the success of the club.

It does have some effect on the game, but it's never really made explicit. Perhaps if there were some form of notification in-game about this, there wouldn't be quite so many complaints about how "useless" the managerial salary is.

Other:

- The ability to interact with Club Managers when you are in-charge of an International Team (It used to be an option but has since disappeared)

- The option to explain (in a press conference) why you resigned from a club straight after leaving (without taking over at another club). Ultimately the ability to call for a press conference (which could be turned down depending on your status as a manager).

- The option to ask international players to move clubs to get more football (once again used to be an option, but has since disappeared)

- The ability to manage club Reserves or Junior squads (without having to deal with the first team)

- Press Conferences - to be more "clever" by realising when players are key or not.

e.g. Left back gets injured, player playing in CD gets tipped to replace him and then the question is asked "Can he put pressure on the injured player" despite having played constantly at centre back.

- The ability to "sit down" with a team after a very poor performance, to ask them what went wrong. Similar to having a team talk, but based on one match.

Match Engine:

- Players run away from a ball that is about to go out, they must stop running away from the ball, and rather walk towards it or slow down so that when it is out they can pick it up.

- Throw-Ins - I'd love to see players take short throw-in's when I/you tell them to play it short. Instead its as if you've left it on mixed.

- When under a touchline ban, the assistant manager changes some of the player positions so they are not playing the way you expect them to play. Mainly the center back, midfielders and strikers.

Player Interaction:

- When a player scores two goals and I praise him privately for it, he shouldn't tell me he thinks he didn't play that well, he scored two goals. (Does not always happen, but could be a bug)

- The ability to tell a player that if you receive a bid of X amount, then he'll be allowed to talk to another club. This should stop players complaining when you reject a bid that is insulting. The player should however know that if you say to him you'll only accept 10mil or more, when he is only worth 1mil max, that you have no intention of selling him and then might complain depending on his loyalty/professionalism...

Player/Manager Interactions:

- If a Manager turns down an contract offer and players like him they will: Approach the Manager and either ask him to stay or

- If a Manager renew's his contract and the players have him as favoured personal then they will either (I have seen this happen, although the player doesn't "like" me)

> Praise the Club or

> Praise the Manager for accepting the new terms

- When you approach a player and they meet you in "your office" they come at you aggressively, yet they have a "Balanced" personality and his "Aggressive" stat is average like 11. What makes them come at you angrily, he's a key player and really has no reason to approach me in that manner, if it was real life he'd be dropped and most likely sold.

Board Interaction:

The Ability to ask the board for more Youth Coaches, and not just coaches in general, (if it is in the game I am yet to find it, but then Miles did say that you cannot do it!)

The list is constantly updated and can be viewed on FMFormation.net

Sick of poorly timed and badly decided 'concern' events, had the same problems for the last few years and hopefully they'll tweak it soon. The main concerns revolve around:

1. Wants to move to bigger club:-

Now the request it's self isn't such a big issue, but how it's done is. Having it happen after getting them to sign a new contract within less than a year and requesting it at the start of the season after the transfer window is closed! Note: Yes I know this does happen in real life, but not as often as it happens in FM, you hear about it like once a season in the EPL for a single club, I'll have it happen every season with multiple players in every league from the Danish Superliga to the MLS.

a. After signing new contract:-

So you know you got a star on the rise. Hes happy, hes getting plenty of starts and knocking on the national team's door. Well a smart manager would look at his contract and extend it for as long as possible, as well as keeping his wage up to date with other earners of that quality (to avoid future 'concerns'). This could be at the start of the season, middle of the season, whenever. Less than 12 months later, you get the inadvertable bomb that he wants to move on. You know it's coming, but happening so soon after signing a new contract neglects the whole concept of contracts is useless when he can want to leave whenever on a whim and the player's attitude will disrupt any attempt of him playing well from that point on for your club (even with the 'will sell you at the end of the season' will leave the player with the concern and won't peak in performance as high as he was).

I propose that the player's agent AI should know that the player is going to outgrow the club, and either prevent contract renewals (sooner than it currently does) and/or prevent long contracts and not have such high fees, knowing their going to leave soonish anyway. There also needs to be a minimum the player has to serve out before the game decides to issue the concern. I literally just now renewed a player's contract (A.J. DeLaGarza) a handful of months before the end of the season, then 7+ months later says he wants to leave, leaving me with a shell of a player and no suitable backup.

b. 'concern' timing:-

The 'I want to move to a bigger club' concern should happen primarily during the transfer windows. That is the time(s) of year the media hype the players up and clubs show interest in transfer targets. Telling your manager in the middle of the season, with the transfer window having shut weeks behind you, that you want to move achieves nothing, yet the player AI will do this, making the player a shadow of their former self for the rest of the season, leaving a huge gap in that position (especially when your not a top club, and only have youngsters to plug the holes). Then even if you can placate the player, telling them your let them go at the end of the season, they still don't perform at a high level, going into (if your lucky) an average mode. This leads to a circle of doom, as you drop the player, he gets pissed at lack of game time and his value drops.

I understand this does happen occasionally, but again, it seems to happen every season in my saves, regardless of club and sabotages the rest of my season. Just as any player with half a brain in real life, they would let their manager know (usually) at the start of a new season, so they can look to move in that window.

2. Wants first team football

Been getting this a lot recently with new young (under 21) foreign signings. The one that broke the camels back was a defender who demanded first team football before the season even started. It was during Pre-Season! Then I ended up with a foreign striker who was 3rd choice, again new young signing, when I only play with 1 striker up front, demanding first team football and it was only a handful of games into the season. Even my second choice striker had only made 1 subs appearance at that time. Both players had the correctly set Squad Status and were in pecking order based on their skill (neither had any form either), not like they were better than the players ahead of them. It also totally neglects the idea of breaking in foreign players to a new country, especially considering the amount of times I get players having a difficult time settling in to their new environment. Would also be nice if there was more leancy on this concern or even a response to the player if you have another player who players in that position in hot form, keeping them out of the team.

If some of these events are not intended to happen under these circumstances, I'd be happy to provide a save in defense of these suggests, as they happen all the time.

Two additions I would like to see -

1. Ability to be appointed Under 18's or Reserve team manager at club level. Its already available at national level so why not at club. Young talented managers are often promoted from these positions e.g. Brendan Rogers, Chris Houghton, Brian McDermott etc.

2. At the end of each season, club managers to choose 'Manager's Player of the Year' and 'Manager's Young Player of the Year' awards. This can be done by the drop down system that is used when managers vote for their league player of the year (like in the Blue Square leagues). Results would be stored under the clubs records/history like the 'Fans Player of the Year' award is.

Wish list FM2013

- a list within the shortlist, to mark the players you’ll pursue signing, because the shortlist now holds players you’ve scouted but sometimes don’t want to sing in the short term.

- Giving specific playing orders to Youth Team to avoid injuries. For example, don’t play if the player already played a game two days before or if his condition is below 80%. In 2012, if the team had few players they would play all the time and get injured.

- You should be able to edit team colour and kits from within the game for custom teams.

- Being able to create a team that starts in the lowest league from within the game, not only in the editor.

- Fix players statistics saved throughout the years as global, not only league statistics. That way you can see the real progress of players used in Cup and Continental Tournaments.

- Fix players being very good when playing simulated games (scoring goals, assist, etc…) but suck on live games.

- The attribute team work (of player) should improve with Team Work training in before match trainings, and should decrease when away from the team because of an injury, a loan or technical decision for a long time.

- In fact there should be a reward if you manage to keep 5 to 7 players of your staring team playing together since the Youth Team like Barcelona has. Team Work should go up and players should be wiser of the ball and finding teammates with quick trough passes, etc. Team work and chemistry should play a bigger role.

- Strikers with high dribbling attribute should have different moves (that you could teach to youngsters for example) that they favourite when going trough the defense. That way some strikers would have trade mark moves.

- In training, you should be able to plan the days the team will rest in the calendar up to six months in advance. That way you can rest the team when you know is not going to affect it.

- I always play to have home grown players fill the team and be key players like Barcelona. But in 2012, 90% of the players ask me after just a few seasons of joining the first team as starters that they wanted “new Challenges” and wanted off the team. That’s really bad and unrealistic, specially if you’re a top team.

Little bit of work for the researchers but i wouldn't have thought to much.

Just thought it would be good to see the top 5 or ten on a list rather than just the top scorer/appearance holder

I know there will be people who will say fix the game/bugs first but

Any thoughts on this?

A change in the way professionalism governess player development so young players with low Professionalism are more likely to get near their potential but less able to maintain top level performance in latter years.

The composition of a squad as a whole having an effect on the development of the mental attributes of young players brought into it. The more senior and influential a player is the more weight his personality should have on the aggregate of the dressing room.

When Ferguson took over at Utd he sold two of his best players in Whiteside and McGrath in order to brake up a drinking culture and get control of the dressing room. I would like to face similar challenges when assembling a team in FM, Do I sign the prima-donna flair player who can turn a match or would he be a negative influence on my young winger who is already a little unruly?

I love the suggestion about buying houses/getting a wife/girlfriend.

Isn't the whole point of FM to get away from some of these realities and just enjoy the fantasy of managing your favourite football club?! Insane.

The option to get an assault rifle and blow up the head of the player who makes something very stupid

Seriously:

- In the training screen: a slider to change every players' individual focus load, allowing to set it to none. A little routine effort save. Minimal importance, obviously.

- Option to speak about the referee of past's game or next game. Including in the former case some potentially polemic plays.

- Direction of the wind.

- No more graphical lollipops (I don't mean to say those who want those are fools, it's a valid thing to ask for, just that I don't have interest in them).

- Team talk report including the reaction for the players subbed in.

- Maybe give the manager's salary an usefulness? What do you think of this?. Table of expensiveness of life in cities and according to that and the wages you get, you'd have some amount of own money that you could decide to invest in signing a player (or adding to expansion and other costly board requests). Obviously you shouldn't have so many money you can be doing it all the time, it should be hard enough to get enough money for that that it would be rare to have the chance to do so, it should be a very special occasion. And then it should have the chance of negative repercussions: maybe the board doesn't like you doing that because they feel it breaks the purpose of their budget limits, they feel it is the same as doing things at their backs, they'll tell you that you allowed the signing without draining the transfer budget but you'll ruin the economy with the wages, think it was unprofessional, maybe some player you didn't sign will get angry you didn't make the effort for him before and won't want to join your team anymore, higher sense for the players of his position in your team of not being trusted by you so badly you're putting your own money to get someone better...

- Centreback roles and duties that make them not mark tightly. Useful in the more defensive tactics. Currently they're always set to tight mark. A shout for them to mark tightly or loose.

- Substitution icons in the timeline bar. Many times the AI makes a change that it's not told about in the comments and it doesn't show even when playing full match mode. It gets specially annoying when you see the new man in the field when he gives an assist you know couldn't have been made if you had set the OI you would've set immediately should you have been told he was coming in.

- Space bars in view match mode switches pause/play, no returning to start screen.

- Handballing is a bit too rare, never saw one leading to a penalty. Also have yet to see a goalkeeper making a penalty. I saw a red card to one in the score update but never in a game of my team.

- A slider to actually control how far the defensive line is allowed to run to during the attack phase. I've tried all combinations of closing down and defensive mentalities, setting them to the minimum for the defence and creating a gap with the midfield, it always runs up to the midfield line no matter what.

- Export/import of manager file to continue from a version to the next. Obviously I don't mean it as continuing exactly where you left in the previous version, just start in the new as with a new manager but instead with one who has the reputation and history as far as it can be kept that you earned.

- When there was a penalty asked/given in a match and the press ask you about it, to mention what minute it happened, so you know to what one they're referring to. Once my team asked for two, one was correctly denied but the other should've been given, so was said in the after match commentary. During the press conference I was asked about a penalty, without telling what minute it happened at, I assumed was the obvious wrong and said so clearly, then I got warned because the replays showed it was rightly denied.

- An option to clean the savegame from information unneeded. E.g., let the replay of past matches until last month or something be lost and keep only the final result and statistics, similarly to whatever bit of past information that is kept that would have no more relevance to the game.

- A better cleanup code. The programmers are making a great job of having clean code (it's one of the few games I see grow on efficiency over the years instead of getting bloated up), which is why I'm buying the new version every year instead of every five years as I originally intended, because it's the way I can to put my thanks into actions. However, there's something that keeps happening and makes me suspect it doesn't clean from memory too well: when I don't play FM the computer shuts down in 30 seconds, when I've played FM12 it takes a full minute or more.

- I'd like if when one makes a female manager and replies in the meaning of machism being prevalent, seeing it happens and either jobs being rejected because your manager is a girl, players not wanting to play for you, rival coaches laughing at a woman trying to be one of them, etc. (Though I understand if SI would be wary of idiots taking one bit of realism in the game as a statement against women, because the world is full of idiots who don't distinguish one from the other). I've made a couple of games, too short though, creating a female manager, taking the two machism questions as a way for the game to ask me if I want machism to be simulated or not, but have not become aware of it being a factor.

I love the suggestion about buying houses/getting a wife/girlfriend.

Isn't the whole point of FM to get away from some of these realities and just enjoy the fantasy of managing your favourite football club?! Insane.

Agreed, it would be a waste of resources that would annoy me much. I got the demo from FIFA10, when I saw it consumed resources in some needless 3D (your manager, e.g., and UI effects I didn't appreciate it much, because all that resource consumption could be better used for other things more related to smooth calculation of plays and things like that; when I then saw there was this manager life with what of buying houses having a family I just cursed at EA for wasting effort in that instead of coding improvements to gameplay and tactical engine and swore I wouldn't ever dignify it with a look to anything FIFAXX.

Maybe suggested before, maybe too complicated, but: I'd like to invite a bounch of players to a camp when I manage a national team. IE, I pick a large squad some weeks before a big tournament (like the olympics or the world cup) and play some internal games and some friendlies, and get feedback from my assistant manager and coaches how well the players are training and how motivated they look.

Also, on another note, the AI need to understand the concept of injuried, unavaiable and banned players. If I lose a match to a team with six of my best players away for various reasons, no one should be surprised. At least they (ie media) should mention it.

No freak losses because the ME makes your players screw up all the time, or just randomly gives Liverpool penalties when nothing happens, 2 players stand there and suddenly the text goes: penalty! Makes no sense at all, especially when you are getting your much needed draw but the AI decides Liverpool must beat Anderlecht! and makes the referee send 2 of your players off in 1 minute and award a penalty for no reason, yet only gves their players a talking to

Disgusting how the game tries to be challenging by blatant cheating, I don't think I'll bother buying the next FM if they don't fix this, I've seen plenty Amazon.com reviiews advising not to buy this game precisely because of this sort of thing

No freak losses because the ME makes your players screw up all the time, or just randomly gives Liverpool penalties when nothing happens, 2 players stand there and suddenly the text goes: penalty! Makes no sense at all, especially when you are getting your much needed draw but the AI decides Liverpool must beat Anderlecht! and makes the referee send 2 of your players off in 1 minute and award a penalty for no reason, yet only gves their players a talking to

Disgusting how the game tries to be challenging by blatant cheating, I don't think I'll bother buying the next FM if they don't fix this, I've seen plenty Amazon.com reviiews advising not to buy this game precisely because of this sort of thing

You've been told in other threads that the AI doesn't cheat, in fact its impossible for it to cheat.

If you can't accept that then perhaps FM isn't the game for you.

You've been told in other threads that the AI doesn't cheat, in fact its impossible for it to cheat.

I tend to agree with Chris on this, although I don't believe the game is cheating because as you said it is impossible for the game to cheat. But, I do believe that the game has been made with flaws so that we don't have cricket scores every time we play the game.

I want a game where if I have the best strikers in the league and we have 3 clear cut chances that at least 1 of those are put away, not 1 in 5/6... FM is still and will always be the best management game on the market, but its little things that make it annoying

One minor thing I want:

The ability in Team Policy to dictate exactly which formation the Reserves/U18 should use.

Right now, all I can do is say it should use my current first team tactics. But these change on regular basis, and I forget to set it to whatever I want the Reserves/Youth to play.

F.x. I would like my Reserves/Youth teams to play a 4-2-2-2 with AML/Rs all the time, even if the first team sometimes play a 4-3-3 away, as I want to ensure play time for my wingers in those teams. As is now, I have to ensure that my first team tactics are set to 4-2-2-2 whenever the other teams get picked, or they might play in a formation I don't want.

Keep the current option, and include one more with a drop down containing the three formations of the first team, and the team in question. Then i can decide if they should play any of the exact first team tactics, or a variation of one made for the Reserves/Youth team.

i think it should be easier to find a job as a national manager when you have no league experience. because when you set your experience to national player you still dont find a national team to manage. irl lothar matthäus always find a national team without many league experience.

when you start a career with sunday league experience you can get jobs from a high division team (germany 3rd or netherland 2nd).this shouldnt be possible. when you start a new career you always should be on u19 teams from teams in low division.

i hope you find a way that you need less pc power when you have more leagues loadet. i would like to set the leagues like the view only mode but with all players loadet because this mode it seems you can load alot of leagues without speed issues. but i dont know if this is possible. so every team can makes you offer and it sets the league to playable when you get to the team

Every game counters the humans brain with a certain amount of stat bonusses or other bonusses (that are in essence a form of cheating), and I'm quite sure that FM2012 is no exception here the "cheat" is the scripted outcome of the match, that makes the ME show you strange movements, decisions etc... that at that moment in time are preceived as cheating in the eyes of the human player, you are starting to sound like a zealot unable to see any kind of flaws in his or hers object of idolisation.

Every game counters the humans brain with a certain amount of stat bonusses or other bonusses (that are in essence a form of cheating), and I'm quite sure that FM2012 is no exception here the "cheat" is the scripted outcome of the match, that makes the ME show you strange movements, decisions etc... that at that moment in time are preceived as cheating in the eyes of the human player, you are starting to sound like a zealot unable to see any kind of flaws in his or hers object of idolisation.

Where is your proof that every game does that?

Believe what you want, fact is though FM doesn't.

The ME takes the inputs from both teams, it doesn't know if a human or the ai have given those inputs and it calculates the outcome.

The only scripting that occurs is if you watch in a highlights mode, in which case the match is played through so it knows what the highlights are and even then you can still pause, make changes and the match from that point on is recalculated.

If you watch in full match mode, you get the calculations made live so to speak.

:thdn:

Played this game since 00/01 and never had anything like this.

There has never, ever, been any proof of FM12 cheating. There are quite a few stats-savvy fans around and despite a vocal minority who insist that the game cheats, no analysis has ever come up in their favour. If the game cheated the fanbase would know about it. PES AI for instance has well-documented cheat scripts.

I wish I could respect your point of view but I'm tired of these baseless accusations. It's poisson distribution and/or your tactics. If you see cheating you're either seeing what you expect to see or can't hack occasionally losing. Sadly the people who complain are usually overachieving to start with.

I, and others, will be less dismissive when you come back with some evidence that stands up to scrutiny.

Being able to have an opinion in naming of your new stadium, possibly giving you a few options generic and then your own box to write your own.

This!

Where is your proof that every game does that?

Believe what you want, fact is though FM doesn't.

The ME takes the inputs from both teams, it doesn't know if a human or the ai have given those inputs and it calculates the outcome.

The only scripting that occurs is if you watch in a highlights mode, in which case the match is played through so it knows what the highlights are and even then you can still pause, make changes and the match from that point on is recalculated.

If you watch in full match mode, you get the calculations made live so to speak.

The total war series for instance, in older versions, your neighbour automaticly hates you and declares war even if you are allies, the AI get's stat bonusses in battles, the AI gets a money script that awards it money when it's bankrupt, in later versions like shogun the AI get's full stack armies, in CIV the AI get's bonusses in research and doesn't abide by the rules the player does to allow the AI to keep up, same goes for AOE where the AI gains resources for free to keep up. Constructor for instance has the AI build like crazy without the need to worry about money or tennant happiness in order to provide the player the ilusion of a challenge.

And you aren't understanding what I'm saying, the game might be decided and scripted based on calculation, the inconsistencies and downright odd behaviour of players we actually see on the Match Engine are just too coincidental for the players to NOT interpret them as cheats, even if it's not a cheat, then it is basicly shoddy programming and an inferiour broken feature that is actually a main selling point of the game. And those add to frustration, today I saw Mathias Suarez miss a penalty for the first time ever, coincidently that was against liverpool in the 80th minute during a 0-0, now that I know that this is actually due to calculation I'm even more frustrated then when I could shrug and go, hm unlucky, now I know he was ment to miss because the game decided beforehand that it would be a draw.

It's a broken feature.

And you aren't understanding what I'm saying, the game might be decided and scripted based on calculation, the inconsistencies and downright odd behaviour of players we actually see on the Match Engine are just too coincidental for the players to NOT interpret them as cheats, even if it's not a cheat, then it is basicly shoddy programming and an inferiour broken feature that is actually a main selling point of the game. And those add to frustration, today I saw Mathias Suarez miss a penalty for the first time ever, coincidently that was against liverpool in the 80th minute during a 0-0, now that I know that this is actually due to calculation I'm even more frustrated then when I could shrug and go, hm unlucky, now I know he was ment to miss because the game decided beforehand that it would be a draw.

It's a broken feature.

You still don't get it do you.

The ME doesn't decide the final result and then make the graphics fit it, christ we had that in the 1970s FFS.

The ME calculates every pass, every movement, every shot, every tackle, every decision a player makes within the game.

Suarez didn't miss the penalty because the ME had calculated the match would end 0-0. He missed the penalty because the calculations involving his attributes, the GKs attributes, the pitch, the pressure at the time, his morale and an element of luck decided he didn't score at that moment within the ME.

Archived