Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Improved biographies - Only a small addition, but I'd like the bios to say when someone has won promotion. At the moment, it only ever indicates it when you've won a championship, but not if you were runners-up or play-off winners.

I've won 3 consecutive promotion from the Conference to the Championship - Conf 1st, L2 4th PO winners, L1 4th PO winners.

But the only thing my bio says I've accomplished is winning the Conference and FA Trophy.

On the 'Past Meetings' page between two clubs I'd like filters added to see h2h records for specific competitions and also a further filter where both clubs stadiums would be listed and you could select either as well.

Something along the lines of a drop down list which would list: 'All competitions', 'League', 'Domestic Cups', 'Europe', 'Friendlies'

Plus a few check-boxes alongside listing: 'Both', 'at [home team stadium]', 'at [away team stadium]'

It would be especially useful for people who play long term games.

International Management - The ability to encourage a dual nationality player to play for your nation, or the ability to discourage a player to play for another nation. It's frustrating when managing a lesser nation, and a talented player would rather play for his other nationality, even though he'll never be good enough to play for the nation. e.g. dual Welsh/English nationality...

International Management - The ability to encourage a dual nationality player to play for your nation, or the ability to discourage a player to play for another nation. It's frustrating when managing a lesser nation, and a talented player would rather play for his other nationality, even though he'll never be good enough to play for the nation. e.g. dual Welsh/English nationality...

I second that :)

I second that :)

Yeah that sounds quite good, maybe there could be a realistic 'trigger age' e.g. 25 when the player still hasn't got a cap for the big country so then the game changes his status to "Open-minded about his international options" or "Thinks he might get more chances with Wales than England"

MLS Designated Contracts - give the manager more control.

I've found many, many players who want only $8k or $10k or even $12k, but I can't offer them a designated contract and get a player at a very good price. When I have my assistant get DP reports, he finds... NOTHING.

Very frustrating. I really like managing the Sounders since they're my favorite team, but I'm about ready to jump ship and manage a Euro team (maybe try bringing Blyth up a few leagues - first try didn't fare so well).

Dynamic Sponsors - Teams can add (and lose) sponsorship deals (kit, stadium, general and others) as their reputation rises and falls.

It is beyond ridiculous that a team that rises through the leagues, with or without a sugar daddy owner, is forever doomed to keep the same number of sponsors as it had lower down the league structure. Likewise, clubs that "fall from grace" will always keep the same amount of sponsors (albeit for lesser amounts) as they had at their peak. Desperately needed change.

Following on from the discussions in this thread:

How are you finding the difficulty on FM2012?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283877-FM2012-difficulty.

This seems to be an issue with roughly 1/3 of the people who voted, and most likely many many more that never saw the thread, or don't even know these forums exist.

The danger in trying to rebalance the game is it could upset one set of players over another.

An idea put forth in that thread is to give the playerbase the tools to improve the games challenge themselves via the editor. As testimony in that thread indicates simply being a smaller team in a smaller league does not always equal a challenge, this is especially so in FM12. That argument never made sense in any case. A challenge should exist wether you're Barnet or Barcelona.

FM Editor 2.0 would allow the playerbase to edit and modify...

• All morale related parameters
  • The effect of teamtalks and team meetings
  • The effect of player training
  • Match preperation effectiveness
  • The effectiveness of reputation
  • The ability to set a minimum digit for all newly generated AI staff and newgen players (very important for long term games)
  • AI transfer intensity and aggressiveness
  • And the abilty to modify all AI tactics so if an exploit is found, its effect can be lessend or even fixed

At the moment the database 'strength' is only a short term thing, it gets progressively weaker the longer you play. It doesn't matter how hard we make our DB's currently, it all begins to unravel within a few seasons. So we need the abilty to fix that by setting minimum limits on newgen attributes upon their creation, and also the abilty to effect other aspects on how the other stuff I mentioned above effects the day to day running of a football club. A lot of people (granted not the majority) feel as though they're mere football spectators playing FM12 as it seems the least you do, the more successful you are. Surely it should be the other way around?

I believe creating an even more powerful editor that allows the playerbase to build their own databases with all the parameter settings that suit their style of play (wether its hard, medium, or easy) is the direction SI should pursue in dealing with this growing "FM is getting too easy" issue.

SI can concentrate on AI transfer policy and AI player development, as I doubt that could be something the editor would help with.

Imagine for FM13 people not only releasing databases with transfer updates and new playable leagues but also databases labled "FM13 Pro DB", "FM13 World Class DB", "FM Sunday League DB". Those are our skill levels right there, and they're purely optional.

The game out of the box need never be touched as far as any of that goes. A win win scenario for all who love this game and want to play it as it is, or those who seek a more challenging experience. Games should evolve with the players who play them, at the moment it seems some FM players are leaving the AI behind, and that gap is growing.

If any of this is at all possible, please consider it for the FM13 Editor.

Id like an add on to the keep player history feature they introduced this year, id like the option of saving specific games, so in 15 years times i can look back on the 1st cup win i had and things like that, maybe an option to auto save the details of cup finals and important games like that.

Id like an add on to the keep player history feature they introduced this year, id like the option of saving specific games, so in 15 years times i can look back on the 1st cup win i had and things like that, maybe an option to auto save the details of cup finals and important games like that.

You can already save games using the "Save Match" function though. An autosave option would be brilliant though I admit.

You can already save games using the "Save Match" function though. An autosave option would be brilliant though I admit.

I though that was just for saving PKM's? Does that keep the games history in FM, if you know what i mean, would i be able to go through my fixtures in 15 years and click on that result and because i have saved the game all the details will come up?

I though that was just for saving PKM's? Does that keep the games history in FM, if you know what i mean, would i be able to go through my fixtures in 15 years and click on that result and because i have saved the game all the details will come up?

No, but if you go to the main menu you can just load the details without looking at the highlights I believe. I'll check.

EDIT: Yeah you can do that. Admittedly it's not as good as an autosave feature but it's pretty good as a stop gap nonetheless.

No, but if you go to the main menu you can just load the details without looking at the highlights I believe. I'll check.

EDIT: Yeah you can do that. Admittedly it's not as good as an autosave feature but it's pretty good as a stop gap nonetheless.

Nice one mate thanks for that, i thought that feature was only for saving PKM's! Ill know for future :)

I said it in the other thread and ill say it here, i think Erimus's idea is quite good but most likely completely impracticable, i dont think any of those would be things changeable with a slider or number, i would imagine its a lot more complicated than that. I would be happily proved wrong tho :)

Better control over players lateral positioning. If i want a WM in a 442 to augment the midfield when we have possession, it's difficult to achieve as he tends to drift high and has no discipline. I essentially want him to create a midfield triangle with the 2 MC's, but he will always act rigidly like a WM. Similarly, there are known issues with MC's and DC's playing too narrowly in certain formations (eg. 41212 and 3-5-2).

The ability to change shape in and out of possession needs to be there, which, if we're to assume the default formation is 'out of possession', then there needs to be better 'in possession' movement, especially laterally. Personally i am ignorant to as why the movement arrows couldn't have been retained in a more limited form, that is, so you can only move up/down/left/right by one position instead of all over the place. I appreciate the absurd combinations people used to exploit the AI, and the mechanical nature of the movement, but this flexibility has not yet been fully replaced.

I do appreciate this is not easy, yet it is a key aspect missing from the tactical side of the game, which is the most interesting and important for many users i'd expect.

I personally think that the addition of this feature would go some way to killing a little bit of the realism factor which FM has. QUOTE]

how on earth could it be killing realism? its up to you if you want to go into it and change stuff.most games have ini files that you can tweak to change certain things so why not FM!!!

Great idea by Erimus

Looking for improvements in the human manager's input into reserves matches.

Say, for example, you have a key player coming back from injury. He needs match fitness before a vital fixture. You put him in the reserves to get fit and the assman doesn't play him. Or he plays him for 90 minutes, leaving him knackered for the weekend. You can instruct a world famous international manager half way round the world to give your player 45 minutes in a friendly, but you can't ask your own assistant to come into your office to do the same thing.

Probably been mentioned but: Getting praised/criticised for tactics by press/fans

For example, say you're in charge of Man City and you go 4-5-1 all of a sudden, results don't go your way etc, the press should be able to ask in press conferences & post stories about how the tactics may have an effect, and if you do change from a bad formation to a new one, they praise you with a change of system, likewise with fans.

However, if this was implemented, you would have to consider alot, a 4-5-1 isn't necessarily defensive and all that jazz... But would be a cool addition I think nevertheless, adds realism, especially from the fans side of things

Have to disagree, giving a player squad status is like telling him what role he plays in your team. I am not sure if IRL this contract status is really written in contracts, but in game it works well. When you are negotiating with player, of course the player wants to know what role is he given in team.

He has to prove himself first, though.

Dynamic Ticket Prices

Ticket Prices should be determined by the board (maybe to make it interactive, decision effected with the "helpful suggestion from the manager(you)") based on the current status of the club, quality(league level), opposition, form and the competitions they are in.

Because at the moment they are static. This means it doesn't change despite what happens to a club, which is an issue if a club from a lesser league (Like the Polish league) improved drastically from game start(thus meaning having to pay more wages/transfers/etc.), they would need regular European success to make profits as the profits they make from ticket sales simply is not enough.

One thing I would love to see in future FM's, with the addition of adding and removing leagues, is the ability to be offered jobs/apply for jobs in countries that are not active in your game yet.

Say for example, I don't have Italy running and I am offered the job at Juventus, I could accept the job and then either a) the game processes the league season up until that point, or b) I take over the job at the end of the season. As things stand, if I wanted to manage in Italy, I would have to load up the Italian league and wait for the end of the season to find out what teams are available to manage.

I would love to be able to view teams that are available to manage from around the world, where I don't have the leagues active.

Also, I would love to see actual club grounds. I fear this may be a long way off and have a lot of issues with licensing and the amount of time it would take to code a ground for every team in the world.

I just hate playing as Guiseley and seeing them have a generic four sided ground affair. I mean, have you ever been to Nethermoor. Nothing like the in-game stadium.

* Managers moving AT THE END OF THE SEASON... so you could finally accept a contract at a better club without being forced to jump ship in the middle of the season leaving unfinished business and as if you were sneaking out of an ugly one-night-stand's bedroom...

* Save % stat for keepers! 15 conceded in 15 matches with 3 clean sheets mean nothing unless I know how many shots he has faced... If it's 15 goals in 150 shots he's a monster, if it's 15 goals in 30 he's a dud...

* "Don't show this player again" option for scouting/player search... The alleged "4* PA striker" is actually good enough for free-style exhibitions or would be more suitable for a track&field career, so I wish my scouts would stop throwing his report on my table...

* More detailed filters for Agent Offers.. like "max age"

Option to somehow continue playing a save game from previous fm in the new FM.

Let's say a save game from fm2012 to be playable in fm 2013...

Not possible & tbh also not a very good idea, can you play a Civ4 save on Civ5 or upload your custom classes from MW to MW3?

Each version of the game is different to the last & any backwards compatibility would stall much needed improvements in other areas of the game.

i'm still on FM2011, so apologies if any of this has been implemented for 2012.

1 - more interaction options with your players. for starters, most of the options are greyed out more often than not. but especially when a player is unhappy. i.e. they say "the club is underachieving" or "there is a lack of discipline in the squad" usually you're only options are to go toe to toe with the guy and often ends up in a transfer request. not that this will never happen, but aside from the occasional (but usually only available about a quarter of the time) "i'll change the way i do things around here" option, there should be "i agree we aren't playing to our full potential, and i'll be shaking things up at the selection table" etc,.

2 - being able to stress you still place an importance of a player despite them not playing well... "i need you to perform better. you're one of my key players and whilst i won't be dropping you any time soon, i need more from you. i need you to be a match winner, not just playing ok."

3 - following on from this, the ability to tell younger players of you're long term plan for them. especially at big clubs, very few 19 year old can expect to be a permenant first team member. it won't always satisfy them, but another avenue (aside from loans) of keeping younger guys happy who are getting disgruntled who aren't getting first team action. "i know it's frustrating but as a younger member it's going to be hard to get a permenant spot over the course of this season. However, at your age i see such a scope for improvement that within 12 to 18 months i think you will be will entrenched in the starting line up"

4 - more various questions from the media. i know this will build up over the different versions so probably not much to see here but they do get repeitive after a time

5 - what happened to being able to talk to the media about one of your own players?? i seem to have missed this. unless they ask specifically about your player than you can't praise them in the media (unless i just can't find it)

6 - why is pretty much every option for talking to the press about an opposition manager greyed out. and there is virtually no way of talking down an opposition club via the media. you can usually only talk about your dislike of the manager.

7 - is there a way to sign a player directly into the reserves squad?? every player i sign comes into the senior squad, and when i move him into the reserve squad he gets unhappy despite the fact i've signed him as a backup.

8 - a more subtle approach to dropping guys from seniors to reserves. rather than "i'm your manager and what i say goes" something like "unfortunately other players in the club have moved in front of you in the pecking order and i need you to prove me wrong"... occasionally you get the option to say "perform in the reserves and you'll get a run" but not always... and also be able to tell a player that despite improved performances in the reserves, you still have others (and be able to select those players from a check box) in front of him. a player still stays unhappy when not getting a run but a reasonable professonial player may see sense if you can explicitly state the players in front of them in the selection order.

9 - more team talk options rather than just "do it for the fans", "expect to win", "no pressure"..... how about stressing the importance of some fixtures (and if you use these all the time they lose meaning).... i.e. 2 games to go and you're got a 1 point lead for the last european spot... "this match is season defining lads. i need one huge effort"... even better if it could be done dynamically in the last 8 or so games of the year.... "we are only one point above a relegation spot. we can't let this slip."....

10 - squad talks out of the game. being able to get a whole squad together after a bad loss, or a huge win over a big rival and try and get the whole club pumped to keep going or pick up the pieces... "it's only one loss, don't let it ruin our season".... "we know we could've started this season better, but lets use that win over chelsea on the weekend to kick start the season"

11 - training. at the start of the game (with the ability to change at any point) you have either two training options. the current one. or a more sopshisticated micro managed training where you can target particular attributes, and set up specific sessions for maybe half a dozen guys. yes the current one targets specific skill sets, but this would just be more detailed. probably not for everyone so have option for current one or a more detailed.

12 - got this off here but second the person that said basically writing off a cup competition at the start of the season, particularly the League Cup (england) and equivalents by saying you will only be fielding a second string side for it.

13 - better interaction with the fans. i don't know if this plays a big role in you're job security with the board but it needs a bit of looking at. particularly after a good win with several back up players in "the fans were delighted with the performance of xx and yy and can't see how aa and bb will get back into the team..." except that aa and bb are the regular players who were getting rested for that game against last spot on the ladder.

14 - scouts, coaches etc,. having differing opinions to each other. almost every scout returns the exact same opinion of a player, and whenever you get backroom advise, i've never once seen the assistant manager disagree with it... which is obviously just not a realisitc thing as people always have differing opinion's on sporting matters.

once again, another great game. used to post on here under another handle but was several years ago and can't remember it. keep pu the good work. hsa been responsible for me losing many hours over the years.

Just go back to FM2010 !

Everything was right about that version, except, of course, for the "unveiling" (oo..er..)of new players media wanks, which I skip anyway.

The changes through the last two versions are turning the game into a turgid, bum and mind numbing slog !

14 - scouts, coaches etc,. having differing opinions to each other. almost every scout returns the exact same opinion of a player, and whenever you get backroom advise, i've never once seen the assistant manager disagree with it... which is obviously just not a realisitc thing as people always have differing opinion's on sporting matters.

once again, another great game. used to post on here under another handle but was several years ago and can't remember it. keep pu the good work. hsa been responsible for me losing many hours over the years.

Regarding this idea, it is in the game but happens quite rarely, you get a backroom message saying "Coach's Name" doesn't think you should sign this player (or something like that) with an option to withdraw. Maybe it should happen more often though.

* Managers moving AT THE END OF THE SEASON... so you could finally accept a contract at a better club without being forced to jump ship in the middle of the season leaving unfinished business and as if you were sneaking out of an ugly one-night-stand's bedroom...

This feature already exists, I've seen it in FM2011. But I guess it's not that common..only seen it once or twice.

I will like to see some changes to AI buying and selling players

I hope the AI will notice the match performace of the players instead of just the CA or PA

And I will like to see the value of the player be directly related to his match performance

I suppose it is only correct that the value of the player shoots up if he performs well on the football field

I hope the AI will notice players who have scored lots or goals or made lots of assist or who have a very high match rating

This will allow the AI noticing the human players who are performing well but who might have low CA or PA

Thank you

Dynamic Ticket Prices

Ticket Prices should be determined by the board (maybe to make it interactive, decision effected with the "helpful suggestion from the manager(you)") based on the current status of the club, quality(league level), opposition, form and the competitions they are in.

Because at the moment they are static. This means it doesn't change despite what happens to a club, which is an issue if a club from a lesser league (Like the Polish league) improved drastically from game start(thus meaning having to pay more wages/transfers/etc.), they would need regular European success to make profits as the profits they make from ticket sales simply is not enough.

I second that. We absolutely need some ticket price control.

Apologies if these have been mentioned but a few ideas ive had for FM13:-

Ideas for FM13

--------------------------

1) Fans leaving ground early when home side is losing heavily at home.

2) Designing kits when you get a new sponsorship deal (or 3rd kit) if this contravenes current sponsor rights etc.

3) Quick way of getting your keeper in oppositions box at a corner in last few minutes of a game.

4) Players booked for time wasting in last few minutes of a game.

5) Minor (Non League) sides asking to switch a Cup Tie to maximise revenue for them. You can either agree or say no or the FA could intervene.

6) The generated faces of the scouts/physios etc always seem very young. Maybe generate older looking faces to make it more realistic.

7) Players actually retiring but then having a change of heart 6 months later and want to carry on playing maybe in a lower league.

8) Referees admitting they made a mistake over a red card and it being rescinded or changed to a yellow.

9) Main 2/3 goalkeepers out injured during the transfer window so option to ask FA for special dispensation to sign an experienced keeper on loan.

10) After several warnings/fines from FA over complaining about decisions maybe a ban from the touchline so youre assistant has to make the decisions for those games.

1, 3, 7, 8 (FA overturn rather than ref apologise), 9 & 10 are already in the game, 5 cannot be done in the UK (only the Police can ask for a match to be moved). #4 should be introduced & as I do not use facegen I couldn't care either way on #6.

Edit: My own suggestion; dedicated servers for online games, for far too long clan games have been the forgotten child of FM, has there really been any marked improvement from SI in the last 10 years? There has certainly been an increase in the amount of data that needs to be handled by the game & we are surely getting to the point where peer-to-peer hosting is incapable of handling the task.

Archived