Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

When you buy a player who does not qualify for a work permit, and then while he is on your books (or maybe because you bought him)he starts playing enough international matches to qualify for a work permit, but he cannot re-apply for the permit in FM08.

FM09 should definitely give the functionality of re-applying for a work permit at a later date, and not only give the options of either receiving a work permit upon purchase or being denied a work permit upon purchase and need to spend 3 years on loan in belgium to qualify for a work permit... (real life example being Manucho at Man Utd - he didn't qualify for a work permit when they bought him, but he has now played enough games for Angola and they are in the process of re-applying... imagine them having to wait 3 years before he can play for them)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting slightly miffed when my star player gets the hump when I substitute him - he is only 19 and hasn't really got the physical attributes yet to play 90 minutes every game

I would like to explain to him why he was taken off

"You were on a yellow card"

"I was trying to save you for the next game"

"I wanted to give one of the reserves a few minutes on the pitch"

"You were getting tired"

"You were injured you dick!!"

I have been playing Fifa manager and there wasnt nothing specialy about it,but one thing left mark on me and that was news system and better made press conferences which add realistic touch to game.

When you put in player and later again substitute he should be angry and say "why did you embarrassed me" as in fifa,also more press conferences after important games or big wins or losses-where journalist asks you will you resign from your job or not,etc.

You should also ad that your acts can have positive or negative consenquences like on game,and also players,fans,board you should choose wisely what will you say or do.

Also i saw that in fifa you could allow your players to go in pubs but i could say "if you get drunk you will not be in team or something" and i would like that you include this in game.

Better interaction with game should be main core of new game.

Fifa 09 main site skin is beautiful and i think that you could make something like that for FM 09 also with bigger nation flags in main menu.

Cheers

This may have already been mentioned but something I'd like to see implemented is in the area of player transfers.

When bidding to buy a hot young talent who isn't ready for the first team at the top level yet, there should be a loan-back option to include in the transfer clauses, so you can send them back to their initial club to gain more experience.

I'd just like to say a round of applause to Gentleman - outstanding post m8! It was very well organised despite the size, and I agree with basically everything you've posted.

Since I haven't read the other 30 pages of this thread (mainly because I can't be bothered to find where the "Features for 09" posts start) I'll assume other people have already posted this, but will do it anyway ;)

My main 2 gripes (as some of the posters on here will know after the various threads I've started/joined recently) are the 2D Match engine, and Team Talks.

Firstly, Team talks. Basically, IMHO these are more dangerous than helpful. More than once I've been completely at a loss as to what to say to my players at half time. Being 2-0 up against UTD when I'm leeds in their first season (in recent memory) in the prem, I am absolutely mentally happy with the team, however, god forbid I actually say something positive to the team! If I do, they commit total suicide and I lose 4-2 (this actually happened, it was pretty damn painful). The "best" thing to say to them, is to say nothing. Does that sound as rediculous to any1 else as it does to me? When in gods' name would a manager say NOTHING to a team when they are 2-0 up against the biggest team in the world??? Seriously, this needs to be fixed. At the very least, give us something to say to the team that will HELP!

Now the 2D match engine. The first of my points is code related, the rest are purely cosmetic (and lets be honest, the cosmetic ones can REALLY sell a new game). I would like to see more consistency when it comes to Shots. Clearly, super-keepering doesn't exist as this would be silly, but it seems to me that the 2D engine has to try and "make up" the difference between it and the normal engine. For example, your strikers can't score, because their shots are rubbish, however in the 2D engine they look pretty damn good - this makes people think they have been robbed, when actually its their tactics/strikers not working properly. The other changes I would like to see are better "depth" in the engine. Atm, when the ball is hoofed high, you can see it because the ball gets smaller etc, I would LOVE to see the players doing much the same thing when they jump/fall over (not necessarily getting bigger/smaller, just some visual indicator). This would help with tactics aswell, as managers would be able to see if a player is winning headers, is simply taking the ball on his chest while staying on the ground or even that he is being muscled off the ball and pushed over. Plus it would look cool imho. Another thing I would like to see is tricks. In real life, players like Ronaldo and Robinho basically CONSTANTLY do tricks when they have the ball, hence their very high flair and "Tries tricks" in the game - however, you don't seem to see any of this in the engine. It would be a massive improvement imho to see players doing some step overs or something similar before belting past a defender.

Thats my 2p

Might of been said but incase it hasnt ill go for it. From playin several diff football games over the years theres only been a few things that have stuck that make me thing Football manager should have that, that would be awsome ect, one being the kits and all that, im not talking about havning the prem kits an badges an stuff im talkin about like on pro evo where u can edit kits where you have a library of diff paternd kits to choose from, so every season if you want you cud just change the style of kit over to something keeps things fresh makes the game look new every season, and on fifa you could choose wich sponsor you wanted but it didnt show this sponsor on your kit, the idea being on FM to be able to choose ur sponsors and then for it to be displayed on ur kit. Im not sure how it could be made to work, but im sure some sort of template system sorta thing is how it could be done with a library of template kits and being able to choose one each season getting different options for different sponsors, obviously you wouldnt have to go overboard with it you would only need about 3 templates to each sponsor. FM tactically is sound theres so much depth to it, in my opinion some work on the other aspect of the game should have alot of stuff added like others have said more in depth press conferences little bit more interaction with players and staff thats all FM needs really weve got a perfect game, so more detail is the only way to make it better.

Major concerns:

1. Player transfer: No Portuguese, French (except Lyon), Dutch or Greek teams have the money or the reputation to hire EPL, Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga players. Only players that requested a transfer or play secondary roles in their clubs move outside these 4 big leagues. In recent FMs this was not taken into account and some transfers are ridiculous.

The gap between the reputation of EPL, Serie A, La Liga and the Bundesliga and the other leagues should be much higher than the 17 (0-20 scale) that is given to the Bundesliga and the 15 that is given to the French (same level as the Brazilian and Argentinian) or the 14 that is given to the Portuguese or Dutch league.

The game is not reflecting what is happening nowadays. Small clubs like Wigan or Sunderland will be able to attract the best players from Portugal, Argentina, Holland, Greece or Turkey. Nowadays players will prefer to move to the EPL to avoid relegation than to go to the Champions League.

2. Player movement is controlled by: 1st. league reputation 2nd. basic wage 3rd. club reputation

If the first two change dramatically, the third factor is meaningless.

3. Player awards: Big awards should only go to players whose world reputation is higher than 150, for example. This would avoid a lot of stupid events...

4. Football Agents: It should be possible to introduce that in the game. It is a very complex thing, because the football agents have a huge influence on the player, but it would be nice to see how a simple change from a small agent to a big name one could change a player mentality. Example: Joao Moutinho from Sporting changed to Pini Zahavi and now wants to leave Sporting to go to England.

5. Tactics: using 442 you should have to have at least two players who know how to defend. It is usual to see a team with 4 attacking midfielders winning trophies...That has never happened before! You cannot put Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani and Park in the midfield and expect to be successful.

6. Finances should reflect modern football. Instead of balance, transfer money and wage budget you should stick to a Balance and a SEASON BUDGET which would include everything. The Balance reflects the present and the SEASON BUDGET is the money that you can spend during one season. This would be great because small clubs in big leagues have a lot more money to spend than big clubs in lower leagues have. Example: Ajax or Benfica budget vs Sunderland or Wigan.

7. It should be easy to loan players to lower league sides...

8. Clubs should not sell players that are available for loan. Most of the times if a player is available for loan you can buy him at a very low price with no trouble at all.

I'm quite keen on being able to be an assistant manager idea now.

I wasn't previously, but if it's done in a very similar way to how you could be the U-21 manager of a country I'd enjoy it. Obviously you wouldn't get to buy players, but you'd manager the reserves instead of the first team. I know it may sound boring to some, but you don't have to accept jobs as assistant managers.

I would love that too. However it would have to be implemented very carefully. I don't think just managing reserves would be enough.

Another couple of things:

Stop AI clubs from bidding for my players the day after they have just signed a new contract!! - bloody annoying

More players should be regenerated in non active leagues - I am only playing with English leagues active and there are no players (only greys) in any of the European U19 teams - should be at least 20 players generated between 14 and 17 per year in each country and less worthless English players generated without clubs

Do away with clubless youth players (or at least reduce it by 90%) and regenerate them so they come through the youth system of every club - 4 or 5 per year per club would be about right

As a manager i should have the option to ask the groundsman to 'prepare' the pitch according to my teams or the opposition teams style of play.

ie my team likes to play quick, flowing direct football. i should ask him to water the surface before the game to allow this.

ie2 the opposition team likes to play slick flowing football. i should ask him to not flatten the surface and keep it rough and bumpy and then get my team playing long aerial football

this could even lead to actually knowing how capable your groundsman is and maybe allowing for myself as the manager to either select the groundsman myself or recommend to the board what level of groundsman the club should have. at the moment all we have is the option to make the pitch a certain size. this is only a small part of what the groundsman would actually get involved in.

Only a few requests from me, and im basically echoing what everyone else has said. I would liek there ot be more interaction between other managers and players and even officials etc. I would like there to be the system where if you complain after a match about a referee and the replay turns out to be correct, then maybe that official is given a warning of left out of the refereeing roster for the next week (like what happens in the Premiership) instead of just either "The FA stay silent over criticism" or getting served a touchline ban.

The only other request I have is just to fix the match engine from 08 where you would have 20 shots on target and score 1 whereas the opposition would have 2 shots on target and score 2.

Other than that I just love this game too much to want it all changed!

why? and what makes you an authority to decide which idea is idiotic and which not? he's a consumer of the game and writes what he'd like to see. i'd like to see similar things as well. if you don't like the feature requested then don't add support and that's enough but it doesn't give you a right to bark at people..

as for the idea, i think roles of assistant manager and being promoted in the club management/board after seasons of success as manager are great ideas. An assistant manager could eventually be promoted to be a manager and/or get contract offers from somewhere else while he's an assistant manager, like Quiroz of ManU once coaching Real and now Portugal.

Just wait, I will add my wishes now.

to be honest if he doesnt say that he dislikes the idea then that gives the illusion of support, i think an idea does need to be criticised as well as supported so we can identify potential flaws in the plan. he is a consumer as well so he gets as much right to say what he would not like on his game

few ideas i have seen and liked:

addlestone_cfc mentioned about giving groundsman instructions depending on your style and opposition.

sorro mentioned about a head scout and again i agree

i further agree with comments relating to better regens, with better attributes, often they rarely improve to decent attributes, especially penalty taking

i would like to see the ridiculous coloured bars for sevilla and anderlect and monaco removed, their main colours are white, and it mucks up what kits teams wear when they play them, the amount of times i see sevilla travel to various spanish clubs and both teams changing is a bit of a farce.

i would also like a bit more freedom editing kits on the editor, i.e. to be able to select the number colours etc which currently you cant, and the game normally makes the numbers black or white disregarding what our editing says

oh PLEASE more realistic transfer fees:

If Joe Bloggs is a £5m rated DC then i shouldnt have to pay £14.5m to actually sign him, if his value is £5m i cant imagine a reason why i should have to pay more than about £7.25m or maybe up to £8m for him.

In light of the recent Messi debate - whether he should go to the olympics - the Argentine FA (or whoever) have employed a huge insurance policy on him. So if Messi got injured at the Olympics, then Barcelona will be compensated for that.

I was just wondering if compensation on your top player(s) could be implemented. eg You are Man Utd, and International call ups have taken place in September. If Ronaldo got injured for say 9 months - you would want compensation for losing one of your best players for the rest of the season.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but here are some of my suggestions for improving future versions.

First of all, i'd like to se a change in the scandinavian leagues with regards to transfers, as the clubs very quickly begin to use an absurd amount of money. See as how i'm from Denmark and as such only have an in-debt knowledge of transfers by danish clubs and to a lesser extend by other scandinavian clubs, I do not know whether this is a problem in other leagues as well. I do, however, have a suggestion as to how this problem might be solved.

In Denmark, clubs often have (profitable) business ventures on the side and as such football is only part of the 'company' that is the football club. The prime example in Denmark is Football Club Copenhagen (FCK), which is currently one of the top clubs in the world business wise. In the game, I believe, they are also the richest Danish club and thus also the club that spends the most unrealistic amount of money each year on transfers. In real life, however, they cannot just go out and spend every penny they have on new players, as much of their balance is tied up in the other businesses that constitutes the parent-organisation that FCK is a part of, Parken Sport and Entertainment.

Therefore, my proposal would be as follows. Create a feature in which clubs from Denmark, and other countries if necessary, can use only a certain amount of the balance on transfers. Say in Denmark, for instance, a club might only be allowede to use 20 percent of the balance for transfers, the rest being used for management and investment or something like that. However, the balance could still be used on projects such as improving training facilities etc. Needless to say, the idea still needs some polishing but in my mind it would be a way to mangage the problem of unrealistic overspending by scandinavian clubs.

Another problem I have with the game is the transfer engine, or what it's called. Basically, i think it is working ok, but i would like to see more negotiations and it becoming easier to sell players.

Let's say i'm Ajax Amsterdam and Juventus is interested in buying my star striker Huntelaar. They inquire what the price on the player is, and see as how he is my star I start off with a price tag of 35 million euros, which might be unrealistic but if I am to sell him I want as much for him as possible, right? Yet maybe I might consider a lower price if offered one. This is a scenario that plays out in many transfers in the real world, where clubs start out wanting a certain price but through negotiation ends up settling for less.

This is not properly implemented in the game in my oppinion. Take the abovemetioned example. Most of the time, i would get a message stating that they have withdrawn their enquiry or something like that, eventhough i have selected that the (counter) offer is negotiable. I would like to see that Juventus instead comes with an offer in the area of what they would like to pay for him, say 28m and 15 percent sell-on or whatever. Then I would be able to make a counter offer of 32 million plus whatever, etc. I imagine that is how most tranfers are negotiated in real life at least. And if I don't wan't to sell for less than 35m I could always select that the offer is non negotiable.

This is an area that I believe is important to improve.

My third suggestion also concerns transfers. Again, this is something I know happens in the Danish league and I would be surprised if it does not happen in other leagues as well. I'll present it with an example. I'm the Danish club Brøndby IF and Martin Retov has played for me for six years (in RL he has just been sold). He is a good player, but i have some youngsters that are pushing for playing time on the first team. Retov is the right age and good enough to go abroad and try off his talent, but he has not yet asked to be sold to a bigger club. As the game is now, I could try to offer him to other clubs, but this would almost certainly be rewarded with the same reaction by the player as if he was transfer listed, and his team mates might become angry as well. I don't wan't to disrupt the harmony in the squad and certainly not disgruntle a loyal, long serving player.

Therefore, I would like to be able to interact with the player to ask him if he feels ready to move on or something like that, and be able to subsequently ask around to hear if any club might be interested in the player (by offering him to other clubs for example) without causing an outcry.

It could also be tied in with a feature that would allow cash strapped clubs to ask their most expensive players if they would mind being sold/offered to other clubs to lessen the wage burden, or simply for smaller clubs to earn a buck on a player. This is a feature I would like to see implemented.

Finally, I would like to see more interaction from the scouts. For instance, it would be nice to get, or be able to request, a report from your scouts on wether there are any promising/worthwhile players in your feeder clubs. Also, I believe that clubs should have a 'chief' scout as I understand many clubs i RL have, one perhaps appointed by you. This scout, presumably your best scout, could be asked to make a final report on any player you are considering signing. For instance, you have found a player in brasil and your scout in South America rates him as a decent prospect. Then you can get your chief scout to take a look at him as well and he will be able to give a more complete and accurated report on the player.

Just some suggestions from me that I belive could improve this otherwise fantastic game. Hopefully, someone from SI will take a look at them and think the same :).

Patrick

The manager history screen is confusing! I would love to be able to sort past achievements by type (league wins, cup wins, et cetera). For cup history, it would be nice to eliminate the "won 1st rd" "won 2nd rd" "won 3rd rd" over and over if you won all the way to the semifinals. Just say "advanced to semifinals".

Also a simple manager history, year by year, showing which team he managed, what the team's record/points were under his management, and league finishes. Same for international or league cups (furthest round advanced to). Manager history is such a great aspect to the game and making it clearer would be great.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before - only a small thing. In the managers info screen it tells you how many leagues/cups you have won. Would like to be able to click on it so it gives you a breakdown of what you have won would be better for when you get later in the game !

eg:leagues won - 4 premiership titles,1 la liga title. Cups won - 2 champions league,1 community sheild,2 spanish cup and so on!!

I would like to see a "Commissioner Mode" for solitary play. It would allow me to control this virtual universe.

My reasoning is that I like to play the season of several teams as they happen in real life (actual schedule, player line-ups, etc.). Where it becomes difficult is during the transfer windows when I try to replicate my teams transfers (without success sometimes), while in the meantime other teams are signing the likes of Ronaldinho which creates an unfair advantage (in my little world). Although I do enjoy being fired!!

The "commissioner mode" may work well in the "FM Live" game?????

This option/practice is available in other sporting games (Action PC Games, Diamond Mind, Pursue the Pennant and FaceOff Hockey for example). To me it is awkward having such little control over the game.

Thanks for listening.

An improvement on the medical side of things

Facilities ranging from local hospital to state of the art medical/rehabilitation centre at the club - the better the facilities the quicker a player returns from injury

Also employing a club doctor to oversee treatment or recommend sending to a specialist (which would cost money)

This is only cosmetic thing:Make that flags in country/league section are moving like they are blown in the wind,also make this for club shirts.

In feeder clubs and clubs that are in lower leagues there are never any players that my assistant or scout describe as an good or hot prospect and that should be mostly young players,in real world there are many talented players but very few of them become world class players only by their talents,they should work very hard to become top players but there are also players that are not so talented but are hard working and they are becoming successful.

Thats all from me,I hope that demo will come out very soon and that i wont be disappointed

Cheers

Getting rid of the CA/PA system so that players could be developed depending on their mental attributes, traning, luck, level of opposition they play.

Actually, that's not a bad idea you know. Though there has to be some PA element built into the game. No matter how much training and luck I receive, and no matter if I was playing against the best players in the world, with all the will in the world, I'll still be crap. But to a degree I think there's sense in what you're saying.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think that the option to make your manager's face using the facegen software would be a nice gimmicky touch, then you can see how he ages over time, and it would also affect the appearance of any sons you might get.

I just think there should be more news/press conferences concerning managers' and players' history, for instance:

You've managed a club for a couple of seasons, and you've won a couple of trophies and then move to another club. Then you play against your former club in the League or the CL, there should be some news or questions about that, like there already is with the players, shouldn't it? And make the already existing question more developed, or coming up with different questions.

In brief, more involvement by the media concerning the Clubs', Managers' and Players' history...

cheers

Finally, I would like to see more interaction from the scouts. For instance, it would be nice to get, or be able to request, a report from your scouts on wether there are any promising/worthwhile players in your feeder clubs. Also, I believe that clubs should have a 'chief' scout as I understand many clubs i RL have, one perhaps appointed by you. This scout, presumably your best scout, could be asked to make a final report on any player you are considering signing. For instance, you have found a player in brasil and your scout in South America rates him as a decent prospect. Then you can get your chief scout to take a look at him as well and he will be able to give a more complete and accurated report on the player.

Just some suggestions from me that I belive could improve this otherwise fantastic game. Hopefully, someone from SI will take a look at them and think the same :).

Patrick

They're all good ideas, but this one I particularly like. I like the idea of having a chief scout and being able to have him run the rule over someone one of my "lesser" scouts has recommended. Good idea.

I would like to see the return of a feature that used to be in the SIGames CM3-series, but disappeared when it became the FM-Series. It relates to filter options in the Player Search section of the game, where you can specify the maximum or minimum values for a number of attributes to be used to filter a list of players. In the CM3 series, there was the option of specifying how many of the values should match your criteria.

For Example, if you are looking for a targetman with values above 15 in heading, jumping, strength, bravery, composure, off the ball, finishing, balance, aggression, work rate, determination, teamwork, it is unlikely that you may find someone with all of these, so you used to be able to ask the filter to reveal players with an attribute score of 15 for any ten of the twelve selected attributes.

For Example, if you are looking for a targetman with values above 15 in heading, jumping, strength, bravery, composure, off the ball, finishing, balance, aggression, work rate, determination, teamwork, it is unlikely that you may find someone with all of these, so you used to be able to ask the filter to reveal players with an attribute score of 15 for any ten of the twelve selected attributes.

I would use this all the time.

A pop-up in match screen who you can see some important latest scores... you can choose some games to track.

..for example, your fierce rivals and other rivals, your (manager's) favorite club, teams you're in competition with in the league (toward the end of the season), potential next-match teams if you're in a cup. Just a few ideas.

I'd love to have the option of withdrawing a player from international games during the league season. For example, I had a CL final to play and an FA cup final too only to find out that my best players Christiano Ronaldo and a few others were not allowed to play because they've been called up to the national squad without my knowledge. This resulted in having to play reserve players in a Champions League final of all things, surely those players would like to play in the final.

Options would be to provide;

(1) A player option to accept/refuse the call up during the league season.

(2) The manager/club to have the final say whether to allow/refuse the player permission to go.

I'd love to see the overall goals scored in all the cups and league by a player per season rather then just the only goals scored in the premiership alone by a player.

I agree with this much better to see torres has scored his 50 goals but shows as 28!

why? and what makes you an authority to decide which idea is idiotic and which not? he's a consumer of the game and writes what he'd like to see. i'd like to see similar things as well. if you don't like the feature requested then don't add support and that's enough but it doesn't give you a right to bark at people..

as for the idea, i think roles of assistant manager and being promoted in the club management/board after seasons of success as manager are great ideas. An assistant manager could eventually be promoted to be a manager and/or get contract offers from somewhere else while he's an assistant manager, like Quiroz of ManU once coaching Real and now Portugal.

Just wait, I will add my wishes now.

Well I guess the "idiot" you replied to has never noticed that Assistant Manager and Football Manager have 1 thing in common, the word MANAGER! The assistant is just as important as the manager in my opinion and there should be an opportunity to be the assistant manager.

Discussed earlier, another vote for an 'unsackable' option from me. You don't have to use it any more than you do 'no real players' or adding Harchester United.

Some people want to be 'Barcelona' instead of being 'Barcelona manager'.

I know for a fact that if I get sacked in my Barcelona job, I'll just re-add a manager because it's my 'big club' game in FM08, I only ever have one per version and I'm 9 years in. I'm not starting a new game now.

my idea is the idea of tabs. (sorry if this has been posted before!)

Quick photshop idea im talking about ----> http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/lawler_09/footballmanagertabs.jpg

i feel this would help especially when searching for players during transfer windows. i hate clicking on one player, then moving on to the next, then finding myself wanting to go back. takes an age. whereas this idea lets you move between players quickly and easy.

I think that players should also retire at a decent age .... example jaime carragher is 39 and playing for A BSN TEAM ... not realistic

Actually you can find quite a few old boys playing in the lower leagues. Maybe not the Jamie Carraghers but Frank Sinclairs got to be atleast 36 by now and he's still playing for Huddersfield in league one, Robbie Fowlers still going, so is Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke. Torre Andre Flo has just retired but only due to injury, there's plenty of golden oldies about.

Back on topic, I'd like the strapping 6'4" center half to easily out jump the 5'9" light weight winger and clear the ball up field during the last 10 minutes when drawing/leading by a single goal. I'm getting fed up with my team of giants heading behind 8 times in a row against some circus midgets with the smallest of the lot grabbing the goal.

I'd like the board to be more flexible with contract negotions with certain players. I've got the club captain who came through the ranks and spent his entire career at the club agreeing to a major paycut with his final contract but the board wont loosen the purse strings for an extra 4k on his apperence fee (despite saving about a total of £4 million on his wages).

Finally, I'd like AI managers to stop stock piling useless youngers and highly paid OAPs in the reserves and generally ruining every club I intend to manage. If I get the England job down the line and find it full of Frenchmen then Steve McClaren will die.

i would like to see:

- more player interaction (with your own players and players you wish to sign i.e. telling them your ambitions for the club so they are more inclined to sign for you)

- improved scouting

- a more indepth view on how your training is affecting your players

- possibly an option to start as an assistant manager to a larger team before managing (only as an option though as not everyone would want this)

I would really like AI-clubs to stop bidding the same amount of cash for a player 20 times in one transfer window when I clearly told them I wasn't going to accept that bid. Especially with players that are much wanted, this is very annoying, since you often have multiple clubs bidding the same amount over and over again... very frustrating.

I want a match-engine like the current CM. It's a bit more 3D (you can see hight etc.), but it's still very much a model that leaves much to your own imagination. I want pitch-invasions by fans, I want confetti, fireworks etc. when winning a competition and I want to see my blobs (players) on a podium with a cup after winning a competion.

AND I want a screen which ONLY shows the competitions I won (and/or runner up and/or promotion/relegation which you should be able to turn off/on). There was such a screen in CM97/98 (long time ago, I know), and it has never returned. The screen I'm talking about shows something like this:

2007/8: Serie A winners (Juventus)

2007/8: Italian Cup runner-up (Juventus)

2010/11: Promotion from Dutch First Division (VVV)

2011/12: Relegation from Dutch Premier Division (VVV)

2013/14: Champions League winners (Ajax)

etc.

This screen gave you a clear overview of the things you had achieved as a manager. The screens we now have that replaced the one I'm talking about, also shows how you did in all rounds of every cup you participated in and this makes the screen very untidy. It's a small thing to add and would make me very happy.

I also want to see a small map of the world/land/city with the location of my club/stadium. This makes it so much cooler to see what clubs are rivals etc.

DATABASE

1. In the last few years I have suggested that the database should be built in blocks. This way you could download updates on the French, English or German leagues independently. My knowledge of the French, Italian or German leagues is not as good as the Portuguese or the English. You already have researches but most of the times - and though their contribution is extremely valuable - you have to go through a never ending process of editing. There are people who update the entire database and make it available for everyone. So there is a lot more candidates if you only have to focus on updating your own country database and download the remaining blocks. Better, simpler and you dont have to wait until February or March to start playing the game.

2. If 1. is totally impossible, the Editor and Database should be released in early September so that all the potential users could start updating and changing the database to make it better and more realistic.

By October or November, you could start playing the game instead of starting to change everything that is incorrect.

Archived