Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

and I forget - ability to sign in for future manager of national team, even if current manager is acting good.

I want manage to national team, even if current manager is succesfull, but I can be even better.

And here comes bug in game - you cant become manager of U19/21, only senior manager. I want be manager of U21, not only senior.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly cosmetic but I thought of this during England's search for a new manager. Wenger, Ferguson and a few others were asked for advice on choosing the new England manager, perhaps that could be integrated into game. Maybe once you reach 'legend' or whatever the highest repuation level is national teams and even friendly managers could ask you advice in certain situations. Maybe the user could even ask advice from other managers he's on friendly terms with.

Insuring your star players

When my 10 million pound winger gets cropped while on international duty, I need to be able to pay his wages for 6 months.

I need to be offered the opportunity of taking out insurance against serious injury with clauses in the policy or indeed different types of policy for different levels of football and time span/s.

Scandal

More media events for player scandals would be nice. Since players havea controversy rating why not make it actually do something?

Dodgey driving?

Failing to turn up for a drugs test?

Messy media court cases?

The dreaded Biography (crtiical of teammates/manager/club/fans)?

Turning up for pre-season 2 stone over weight?

Suggestion: Feeder Club Criteria Search

Why not just let the player either a) find their own feeder club and assuming the AI team agrees to the link, precluding any other contradicting affiliation they may have etc, agreeing. b) Allowing the manager who has asked for a feeder club to use tick boxes for criteria. I.e. must be UK based, must have adequate facilities, must be in a specific division etc. Not a major alteration. Infinitely more useful. Infinitely more fun would be allowing the feeder clubs to make demands such as 50 match balls, investment in their training facilities, car park etc, if local using your training facilities for their part time staff etc. Doing player exchanges so their kids come to you once a week to train with your coaches etc.

Why not allow the parent clubs to manage their own academies? Why not allow me to find a local amateur team and invest in them? Obviously all pie in the sky but the sentiment of finding my own teams makes far more sense than this irregular, AI uselessness.

Transfers

IRL even rubbish mega flop players get moved on to other clubs and fresh starts. There are always people who want to sign your players. I can understand it might be difficult to move on players in the lower leagues/semi professional conference scene but L2. L1. CH, PRM ought to have NO problems at all selling on players.

Why then can’t I get a fair price for anyone? I have offered players on free transfers and still nobody wants them. In the real world, if you put a player on the transfer list they will sell. It may be at a loss but they will go.

Everyone wants players. Think how many times has a foreign flop at a PRM team been sold? Veron? Kleberson? Djemba Djemba? Mutu?

Please consider making the AI far more likely to come in and buy players. I have had some players in my reserves squad who are playing internationally but attract zero interest even if I offer them for free.

That’s dumb.

Viduka for example at Middlesbrough has a value of 1m ish. I offer him for 500k and half the teams in the championship would fall over themselves to sign him. His reputation as a premiership striker assures him football.

In my game .. he has been sat in my reserve squad for two seasons on 30k per week and nobody wants him even on a free. IRL this would be absurd.

Agents?! Where are they?

No agents in FM. In the real world agents dictate football transfers. Every player has an agent, every agent wants a cut, has ulterior motives etc such as with the dodgy media companies who "own player rights". Where's bungs? Why I cant I accept bungs or offer them? Where's the extra incentives, the "sweeteners" in transfer deals such as club car, club accommodation, living expenses percentage paid, media and sponsorship revenue percentages. Beckham is a brand; Real know that that’s why they signed him. They get 50% of all his media/sponsorship revenue ffs. Where are the doping tests and scandals? Not in FM. The lack of this kind of variety and complexity to the Ambition Machine makes SI dull and it is all too often too easy to view it as a rolling OO Database and not a game. Considering you guys have been at this for over a decade, it’s disappointing to see consistently the level of complexity we can find in other strategy or build-em-up games. CIV, Rome Total War, Master of Orion etc. It’s the little details that set a game apart from its competition.

The fact FM has no valid competition is possibly why innovation is so slow and implementation is often superficial. Sorry guys but the match engine is only half of being a football manager, the rest is the dark side of finance, transfers, property developments, affiliations, contracts, agents, bribed officials etc. If all that boils down to is a few multiple choice questions every week, it’s a sadness. Anyone can bung together some scripted events and triggers, that’s not what people expect from a series of this pedigree. The fact they are often only ever properly balanced out by patches compounds the disillusionment.

my wishes

1. Devs never to forget that this is a game and it has to be fun & entertaining above all .First a game and then a simulation

2. Make the process run fast , really fast

3. Remove the gray players completely , if a team (from an unselected championship) wants to play in a European competition they should buy players, AI cheat using super grays and this is just stupid.

4. Players above all should go after money , look how many players from western championships moved to Russia & Ukraine , it is money not reputation or anything.

5. I want to be able to add /delete competitions in the editor , and add my B team in one of them.

6.Ability to turn off team talks, media and sucking

7. A tactics testing module , or ability to add tactics in AI folder and AI managers to use them, i really want to see how AI can play using my uber 4-3-3.

I think it would be a good adition for FM that you can also be assistant manager, not just club manager.

Than you would be able to make team if manager asks you, suggest players, and transfers (how much money too pay...)and also wages to players.

SO??? icon_confused.gif

what do you think??? icon_smile.gif

you should also be able to write anything you want in commenting some manager, also in half time.

EXAMPLES:

(Don`t give up!!)-half time

(You`re falling deep, really deep!)- manager com

(Your team cannot win)- manager com

(You`re too weak)- manager com

(you need to be faster!)- player half time com

(Just a little more...)- half time

Happy new year everybody!

Receive information about manager post of other team

Let's say I'm at AFC Telford, but my aim is to coach Shrewsbury. I would like to be able to choose the posts I am aiming for, and then be informed if this post is vacant; so I can jump ship whitout every time checking the open post list.

It would be like the shortlist of the players.

Sorry if it's been said before.

Talk to the players !!!

that's managing actually...

tell something to them when you're making a substitution...to the player that's about to go in something like you can make the difference (not only at half time !) but any time i bring him in...or explain to the player that's coming off why i subed him (yellow card,i need you fresh in the next match,poor performance etc.)

i think it wood be good if they added a continental hall of fame for players.

it could be worked out by club and international manager votes at the end of every year, with only one player making the holy grail every year.plus players can only make the hall of fame once in their career.

it would add something extra to look back on in a career-like game.

imagine that.

Originally posted by Wixy_geez:

I think there should be a 'final offer' button. If you are negoiating a transfer or contract with a player then you should be able to tell them that the offer won't get any better.

That feature is already present. You can change the offer from negotiable to nonnegotiable, the latter being the equivalent of a final offer.

Originally posted by dbestfm:

Some good suggestions but how about SI finally just totally work on the match engine and for 1 year forget about neat new features

I personally am not of the belief that new features are the be all and end all and I would love to see SI merely concentrate on honing current features but I also understand that you need new features to rake in the punters. Bare in mind though that not all of us (myself included) even play with the match engine, not because of its flaws (not something I've ever particularly noticed) but because I've always preferred commentary only. It's faster for one thing and for another you cannot beat your imagination deciding how each goal was scored.

Originally posted by SurvivorSoso88:

Talk to the players !!!

that's managing actually...

tell something to them when you're making a substitution...to the player that's about to go in something like you can make the difference (not only at half time !) but any time i bring him in...or explain to the player that's coming off why i subed him (yellow card,i need you fresh in the next match,poor performance etc.)

Yes, you should be able to give the equivalent of a team talk to a player who you are bringing on as a substitute. Managers often if not always give a player a word or two before he's bought on.

Originally posted by hyperion666:

I want more tranparency in the tactics, give us something to help us understand strengths and weaknesses, and area to tweak in our tactics.

Something like an OPTA stats provider.

After all, real managers look at these stats to help them don't they?

I agree wholeheartedly. I can appreciate that SI are constantly working at perfecting the match engine from release to release but I also wish they'd also look at developing the tactical settings and match engine interfaces even more.

Since CM4 and the introduction of the 2D match view, tactics and the match interface haven't been developed further which for such a core part of the game is a bit surprising.

I've got one. For all those times that your team throw away a 4-0 lead to lose 4-5 a Media interaction feature that allows you to comment to the press about you team after the match. Something like...

"That was the worst display of football I've seen and you should be ashamed of yourselves"

etc etc...

It would really help my blood pressure and let the team know they simply weren't good enough.

An idea that is shamelessly taken from events in the news today....

Luton Town have made an appeal to Liverpool to donate their share of the gate receipts from their FA Cup third round fixture. The League One side are in administration with losses running at £400,000 a month and are in desperate need for investment.

I dont know if this would fall under a managers call but would be a nice addition.

Perhaps an option could be added to the game where you can call on the help of the big clubs to help you out if you are ever drawn against them in cups? And the big clubs can decide to offer their gate receipts without needing to be asked.

Something about improving match engine i think that you should make big player like in pro evolution soccer with all details and then lessen him to look like you are watching some strategic game it would be nice to watch this instead those circles.Also it would be nice that you could change cameras view like birds eye,etc.

-Something about details in the game i newer seen any game in European cups that is judged by judge from the same country as the club on the pitch.

Also you should watch on the details of the lower leagues because a have seen many mistakes

you only make detailed leagues five but do not dedicate any moment to make all leagues more detailed.Also clubs in the lower leagues have players that do not have contract and club doesnt renew contract with those players.

Why dont you remove those shirts when you are playing the game because they look so plastic it isnt hard to make them look like in real world.

All details about players you can see from the clubs web pages and from transfermarkt and i dont see why you are making those mistakes.I have been playing the game with Milan against Varese and my player was going on the goalkeeper

one on one and there werent anyone but he sent the ball in left side behind the goal any player who is going for a goal has to score that,especially if he has finishing and composure 17-20.That could only stop goalkeepers like kahn,casillas,buffon,players who have reflexes,and one on one 18-20.

When you are shooting a penalty main attribute should be concentration,form,and penalty shooting.

Football manager is my best game and I cant wait next version to come and in past years I stay disappointed.Why dont you make game completely detailed and in future versions only do little corrections like player updates and so on.

It isnt fun to play game if you see that is unreal and that AI isnt "smart".

Only one thing I would like that I could start the game in pre-season so i could finish the training with my players especially when I am playing the european matches because AI arranges me friendly matches when i must play european cups i should be have the ability to make training sessions with my players before league and european cups begin=my players are coming in the match unfit.Also i dont know why there is scouting players and next opponent because every player is blank and i dont see the point so remove blank players.Thanks for giving me space to post my wish(es)!!!!! icon_cool.gif

If this is in here already i apologise, im not reading 34 pages with 10,000 word posts hehe icon_wink.gif

I would like the "target man" assigning to be positional, instead of assinging the individual player your pick for example Striker right and whoever plays Striker right is the target man. Im so tired of swapping the target men around and im sure it wouldnt be a hard thing to do.

My only suggestion would be to be able to tell a player / "Players Agent" to find a new club ? As i think that this would solve my biggest of the game ( the ability to get rid of deadwood ).

PS Has anyone ever had contact with an agent ? i think i did back in fm2007 once, but it was a long time ago ... Might have been in a dream state.

on FM 07 i had contact with a players agent he said his player was interested in my club and would like to move if the clubs could agree a fee, so you wernt dreaming.

i would like to have the option to create my own competions from scratch instead of just moving teams around with the editor, and to be a player manager would be cool imo.

the transfers are a jk in my opinion. the cost of players is way too unrealistic. you have a new record transfer a couple of times every season. you basically need a transfer budget of 40+mill to buy anyone decent and that limits the fun really. because all we want is to create our own little dream team so to speak and by getting only 2mill you wont be able to get anybody, even 10mill you cant get anyone in FM but in real life you obviously can. if this part of the game was fixed it would be a far better game.

I would like to see Manager of the Month awards being given a minor overhaul. We all know that the manager of the year award is a more or less foregone conclusion - especially in the EPL - whoever wins the EPL wins the manager of the year prize.

But manager of the month is different. I have consistently overachieved with my Gillingham side and the best I've ever gotten is a runner up to the manager of the month. One month, I was top of the league having played 5, lost one. Although Dennis Wise of Leeds did one better than me, having played four or five and only drawn one, his club are a lot bigger than mine, and I beat Nottingham Forest away, spanked Carlisle 3-0 away, etc.

This is just one example of one month. THe point is, the manager of the month isn't just awarded to the manager that has accrued the most points, it's the manager that's performed above expectations. If I, or my team (if I've just taken over it) have been struggling at the foot of the table all season, but, say, in February I notch up three wins and two narrow losses, but those three wins get me off the bottom and the narrow losses were against the top two sides, surely I'd be in for a shout, at least in the top three nominations for manager of the month?

Remember SI - it's the attention to detail that you guys have that make us love this game!

A 3D match engine would be excellent and with stadium features it would be even better!!!

Or there could be the option to c;lick on a stadium in a clubs infomation screen and a stadium profile comes up containing details on ground and perhaps a photo for good measure (similar to player profiles). icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Buying houses, cars etc would be a waste of time in my opinion, after all it FOOTBALL manager not Car manager! Or a cheap attempt at a copy of FM (e.g Total Club Manager)! icon_mad.gificon13.gif

It might be an overly complex idea, but, I'd love it if leagues were able to (slowly) gain and lose reputation (or whichever exact stat controls it).

What I mean by this is, let's say you start a game in a weaker, or weakish league, let's use a silly example and say San Marino. Would it be possible if the success of the various clubs in the league to slowly improve the reputation and thus the standard of the league?

This isn't something I'd want to be a huge factor in the game, but if you happen to be managing a team from let's say Portugal, and you start winning competitions in Europe and begin to attract top quality players, if another team in the league happens to be doing something similar, would you be able to see an increase in League Rep, thus allowing for increased TV revenue, etc.

If done gradually enough, this could really change the feel of some games, and if we consider how some leagues sometimes lose their attractiveness, I'd love to see that have an influence on the game.

I have some fresh ideas/critics about the transfer part of the game.

I have read on the internet that man city manager Sven Goran Eriksson is interested in buying Roma`s Brazilian Mancini and worth of that transfer would be for about 16 million pounds.Question is why in the game I have to pay for that player 60 million pounds.Prices in the game are far from realism and I would like that you change that.

I don`t get it for young players price is low and for older players price is high.Clubs in the game are buying players that are setting for retirement and young players are going in smaller clubs that isnt just right.

One wish only is to make that any club can buy any player if he has enough funds to pay his wages,because I was going to buy some brazilian player and gave him twice higher salary and he refused,players shouldn`t judge by reputation of league and reputation of country especially if some european club has offer for him and if he is playing european competitions.If you have enough money you should have ability to buy any player you want because everyone has his own price.I would be grateful if AI is going to be smarter,because I have also read that Hideo Kojima`s wish is to make most realistic games,and he made many like MGS,and I dont see why the best game Manager shouldnt wish to become game which is displayed on most realistic way.Thanks!!!!

Setting up football academies in foreign countries - I would love to have an academy in the Ivory Coast for example to pick up another Toure or a Drogba.

An assistant manager that gives feedback on tactics (someone suggested this on another thread, cannot remember who but this isnt my own idea) instead of just telling me alex hleb is a weak player which is something i disagree with

In the champions league qualifiers the seeded team plays the 1st leg away from home as per real life.

Contentious issues like "did the ball cross the line" and things like that

mass brawls

more professional fouls by the keeper

ability to design the goalkeepers kit in the editor

for the reject all offers function to reject all enquiries too - no means no! I will not sell Fabregas no matter what the offer.

Oh and the final thing I would like is to choose what kit I wear on away games or finals, I dont like wearing my home kit away from home and would like the choice of kit, just a simple options screen that comes up as you select your side.

I'd like the ability to ask the board to make the team professional when playing with a semi-pro club.At the moment I've "brick-walled" several times. I've taken a clubs into leagues where there are pro teams, held my own, finished above several pro teams, but I can't sign any better (or even comparable) players to those that I have.I assume this is because the pro players are unavailable to me and looking at the contracts of players available after my ass man has filtered them this seems to be true, very few F/T players come up. I'm fed up constantly re-scouting the same duff players season after season.

Result-stagnation and a gradual decline in the team as the better players age.

Several seasons now I haven't been able to spend anything but a fraction of my transfer budget,on back-up players, and my wage spend has been about 50% of my budget. If I could at least make a board request(and subsequent ultimatum) then I'd know where I stood and whether to accept a new contract or cut my losses and drop down a league to an under-achieving but higher rep team, which I've had to do several times.

Also, Latest Scores, why are the teams round about me always listed as "kick off". Do you think I won't have my PA, a ball boy, one of the reserves or whoever checking the internet, sky sports news or even the radio to keep me up to date on current scores when my promotion/relegation is in the balance?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-add the first option clause!

There are so many reasons why this is needed, but mostly becausre i dont want to buy a player(e.g. Breno) just to have him in my reserves for 3 seasons. I also dont want to have to pay twice as much for a player after a few seasons, and run the risk of him miving clubs.

To do this effectivly, the club who want the first option clause would ave to pay a fee to the club wether they buy the player or not. I think this would be a great adition, and really hope it is included in 09!

Originally posted by sirdez24:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:

the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

This is something I really want to see as well. For example, if you're buying a stand out youngster from a team in a lower division, as an incentive (like a sell on fee or a buy back price) you should be able to give them the option of being able to take the player back on loan for another 12 months or so.

The other thing I would like is the ability to release a media comment pushing a player for international selection in the media if they are uncapped and performing above a certain rating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juz change ur transfer date to end of season lol

Here's what I want to see in Football Manager 2009:

1. Fairer results. A team with 30+ shots on & off target should not lose a game when the opposition had only a couple.

2. This is probably linked with No.1, but stil, I feel the need to add this.. A return to the match engine used in the 7.0.2 patch of FM07 - at least things ran more smoothly and match day events were a wee bit more realistic compared to FM08s shambolic excuse of a match day engine.

3. I feel International Management needs further tweaked. Friendly dates were bizzarly left out of the 7.0.2 version of FM07 and once again this has happened on FM08. Do SI realise that THERE IS friendy dates in February/March, and normally before the major finals (Euro Champs & WC) there are pre-tournament tourneys, friendlies, etc, such as the Kiran Cup, etc, etc.

4. To further add to International management, I feel that calling up duel-nation players need to be fair. Not every player born in Scotland, but has England as his 2nd nationality will want to play for England, even if they started their career down south. And same goes with if they were born in England and started their career down south. A return to FM07s selection process would be welcomed, or indeed a tick box to either select declaration on or off at the start of the game, or in Preferences.

4. The Highland League added as a Playable league in Scotland! And if it doesn't break any potential Licence agreement - the option to add divisions to a country's national league set-up.. eg: A League 3, and then what would proceed after that would be the Conference/Non-League divisions, or maybe add the Highland League as a division that can worked as a non-league division...that would be mental!icon_smile.gif

5. More stats and attributes added to a Human Managers profile and the option to add more than one favourite team, and also the option to add favourite players too.

6. This one baffles me completely as it should be in FM08 as it should've been in FM07 aswell. Where is the option to be critical to a player that is on-loan at you team? You simply cannot do it, and therefore should be either implicated in the 8.0.2 patch of FM08, or indeed added to Football Manager 2009.

7. Some people in real life actually have MORE than just 2 nationalities. My fiancee is Scottish, English and Canadian, and this option should maybe be added aswell to Human Managers. Also, the option to maybe select additional languages if you don't have any other nationality.

8. I know it's a footy manager sim, but more internal club interaction would be nicer. this could range from anything really, but for an example, your Chairman/Club Owner/President could approach you to ask you if the club should expand the capacity of the stadium, and also by how much.

9. This is more of a re-intoduction, rather than a new thing, but in finances in the 7.0.0 version of FM07, you were able to check more-or-less everything financially about clubs in the countries you have selected in the Finance section of FM. Now you can only check who is the richest club... I liked the old way bettericon_smile.gif

10. An option to add Career stats to your profile as you would find if you checked Gareth Southgate, etc. I think that would make it look a wee smidge more realistic as in a human manager side of things.

Any feedback on my suggestions would be great!

Programme notes. In a similar way to the media asking you what you think the upcoming game will be like, how about you pick an option to be printed in the matchday programme under the manager's comments and the fans react?

Fanzines would be good, with fans giving their opinions on particular players, how they are played in terms of what position they are given, that kind of thing.

Favoured personnel, if you can pick your favourite club then surely you should be able to pick 2 or 3 of your favourite people in football to be under favoured personnel on your profile?

I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this as I havn't read the whole thread but the appealing of red cards is quite stupid. I have never ever won an appeal before can someone please tell me if they have? I like that they have included it but if you can never win an appeal then really there isn't much point in having it as an option.

Firstly, with all the stories in the football world over the last 3-4 years about money-grabbing agents and their fees, perhaps it's time to incorporate it into the game? When on a contract negotiation screen, there could be a box in there with the demand of the agent and how much you want to offer him to persuade his client to sign with you. Adds another dimension - if, for example, the player requests fair wages and you can afford them but his agent asks for an extortionate fee which you cannot afford or do not agree with out of priciple, then you could call off the deal. More realistic!

Secondly, real-time negotiations. I didn't think that you had an offer accepted, offered the player a contract and then had him say whether he accepted it or not as much as a week later. So here's an idea. After having a bid accepted, have a news message/email come up on the news screen saying 'x has arrived at the ground for contract negotiations'. If he dicides he doesn't want to come before you've even offered a contract, then have a message or email after the bid has been accepted saying that the player is not interested - don't have it on the contract negotiation screen.

Once you get the message saying the player has arrived for negotiations, go to the contract screen and make the offer to him and his agent. IN REAL TIME. If he doesn't like your offer, have a little message appear at the bottom of the contract screen saying he is rejecting it and that he is either insulted and will leave, or he'd like to proceed. So straight away, in real time, offer him another deal which he'll hopefully accept. The player could actually ask for time to think about your offer, go away, and come back to you with his answer or a request for further negotiations a few days or weeks later. If he does accept, you should have the chance to conclude the deal there and then on the contract negotiation screen with the click of a button.

Yhis would be far more realistic. I was under the impression that contract negotiations and signings are mostly concluded in a few hours, whether the player accepts or rejects, although he could, as i said, ask to go away and think about it. So it would make sense to have 'real time' contract negotiations, just like FM08 has the new 'real time' substitutions.

I find it annoying having all the stadium and training facility decisions taken at the start of a new season in June. I found out with Southend that I'm getting capacity crowds every game at home. I discovered this early on, thought it was affecting revenue and so asked for a stadium increase. The board accepted the request but the plan wasn't put into action till 9 months later at the end of the season.

I find this unrealistic. You never see this in real football. Southend and Brighton's plans and battles with the govt. for their new stadiums are ongoing in real life, and I know that for Southend, plans were submitted and council meetings held slap bang in the middle of last season. Bristol Rovers are playing at Cheltenham because their stadium is being expanded now, in the middle of the season, and Colchester's new ground is going up as we speak. It would be much more realistic if building projects were done in the middle of the season.

Perhaps to make it even more realistic,as well as not having stadium decisions confined to the end of the season, the board could give you updates on the new stadium, such as when plans are submitted, and when permission is granted, and what benefits the board feel the new stadium will bring to you and the team. Also, if any expansion work on a particular stadium involves increasing capacity by more than a few thousand, perhaps the club in question could move to a nearby club and groundshare? This would make good use of the city latitude and longitude settings in the editor.

Some of you might not care about all this but I'm an attention to detail and realism freak, so ner icon_razz.gif

Archived