The Official English National Football Team Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disses England all the time.

I no were not great but he could start to talk about other country's.

How do you know he doesn't talk about other countries?

Just because it isn't reported here doesn't mean he's not talking about them.

It's like Blatter & Platini, they often criticise various different countries when they believe there is reason to, yet the English press only report items that are negative towards the English game. I don't see why they would be any different with the Kaiser.

Disses England all the time.

I no were not great but he could start to talk about other country's.

He doesn't tbh. He calls it as he sees it. A lot of the time he is quite complimentary about England/English clubs but let's face facts: our performances thus far haven't given him much to be complimentary about, have they?

Someone would have asked what he thinks about England, and he answered. They may well have asked him about Brazil/France/Italy/Holland etc but like Gregg says, the English media isn't interested in what he has to say about them, only what he says about us.

He doesn't tbh. He calls it as he sees it. A lot of the time he is quite complimentary about England/English clubs

Contrast this with the reprehensible UK Press who are dragging up the old headline themes again in preparation for Sunday:

2010-06-24.jpg

That and the whole "article" on how Germany's away kit is somehow inspired by Nazi Uniform

I'd not be surprised to see another "call to arms" on the front of the Sun on Saturday along the lines of their "Achtung, Surrender" **** in Euro 96

The tabloids are just doing their usual comedy German stuff, I don't think any Germans get particularly offended by it and the Bild always have a go back anyway but they're just not as funny or good with puns and stuff. Instead they come out with stuff that they may be saying as a bit of a dig like Franz there but it comes across as quite serious and a bit spiteful, they don't know how the play the game properly! :D

For the record though, whoever mentioned England fans singing "Two World Wars and one World Cup" is bang wrong. Haven't heard that at a game in years. Much more likely that "10 German Bombers" gets an airing now :(

TGB is an absolutely awful song. Gets sung very occasionally at Chelsea, despite having a German in the bloody team, clowns.

Yeah, the "RAF from England" bit irks me the most, especially when it's used by morons to taunt the Poles or the Dutch

People so quick to have a pop at Beckenbauer it's embarrassing. Hasn't said anything that 50 English pundits haven't also said.

He's actually apologies and said he was angry with England's performance (erm, thanks :D) and was in a bad mood or something

Someone sort the Match Thread out :thup:

Was listening to something on the radio last night that was talking about what Beckenbauer said and they seemed to think that criticising team is another way of showing your scared of them, which tbh I sort of understand but he's aplogised so it doesn't matter. Wonder how Germany feel about facing us.

I don't know but if you listend to our commentators (British commentators) then they better be **** scared of being humped by a fair few goals as according to them you have to the man better players than Spain. Every player.

Also Spain are the only nation that have out-passed you... it is scary how far the commentators have been out this World Cup...

I wouldn't say player for player we are better than Spain but we are better than a few nations players for player but player to player doesn't matter at the moment, as obviously we need to play well as an overall unit.

Was listening to something on the radio last night that was talking about what Beckenbauer said and they seemed to think that criticising team is another way of showing your scared of them, which tbh I sort of understand but he's aplogised so it doesn't matter. Wonder how Germany feel about facing us.

dare i say i reckon theyre a bit scared of us. they dont seem to have the same mentality of years gone by and i reckon the nerves will show during the match.

I hate Lee Dixon. On BBC before the Slovenia game he was going on about if we play 442, Gerrard on the left we might as well pack up and go home. Now in his article in the Independent he says that he admires Capello for sticking to his guns and staying with the same formation etc. Such a clueless numpty

Apparently some band called shakeys Brother have got some massive stadium tour across the country's football grounds to raise money for Help for Heroes. IIRC that's the band that claimed to have Grammy nominations last winter.

Archived