The Official General Database Editing Thread

Michael F

Could anybody help on creating and adding a new club to the Blue Square South??

I've created a new team and added it to the BSS in place of Dorchester Town but when I go to start a new game I get a crash dump! Any help or are there any guides to creating and adding a new team?

Thanks!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a problem. I've created a "Nordic Super League". Everything works fine but it only works one season. It's no crash or so, just no fixtures the second season. What should I do to make the competition run every year?
Found it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=160020

I guess I have to remove the playoffs. But this should SI fix to next patch I think

The league I am working on had the same problem and I also had relegation playoffs set so I presume I had the same issue. Is this an official bug or do I have it set up wrong (more likely :) )

I presume the key is to make all divisions finish around the same time?

I've added a new Chairman, Managing Director and a whole new board to a club - but why, when I start the game, do they have contract expiry dates and wages? Is there any way to stop this from happening? Does anyone else have the same problem?

I noticed that, but I wouldn't worry about it, it shouldn't matter.

Could anybody help on creating and adding a new club to the Blue Square South??

I've created a new team and added it to the BSS in place of Dorchester Town but when I go to start a new game I get a crash dump! Any help or are there any guides to creating and adding a new team?

Thanks!

Did you set the 'Nation' for your club to 'England'?

I have a question. If creating a cup, when selecting teams and choosing from a division - if the division has 20 team (e.g. EPL) and you say pick 2 teams, which teams will it pick? The top 2? If so, presume we can create a World Club Cup along these lines?

If I make a single database change such as deleting a player, can I simply save that change as an editor file, or do I need to use the merge database option? I've only experimented with XML files that add unplayable leagues, so I'm not familiar with the steps required to actually make changes to data.

I see it has been kinda asked already, but this is slightly different...

Is it possible to create an International competition reserved to teams from given nations, and determined by a preset league placement?

Kinda like Royal League in Scandinavia, or the old Mitropa Cup, or even the "glorious" Anglo-Italian Cup

Hello, that's my issue: i've tried to edit the Fifa world player awards replacing cronaldo with a created player. When i tried to load the db the game crashes (crashdumps). I've read that lots of fm users are having that kind of problems...could it be solved ? Cheers

Hi,

I'm trying to make my own League structure where the top league is devided in three Divisions of 10 teams.

each team would play each other twice in the regular season. My plan was to have the bottom six teams of each division play a playoff league structure with four team from the 2nd tier. The top four of each division would play a championships play-off to decide the years champion.

However, the editor doesn't accept more than 4 teams total in the championships play-off, is there a way around this?

Okay; I am trying to add another team to the MLS (so that there are 16 rather than 15). I have gone into the editor, made my changes, and selected "Save editor data as" and have created a file called "Green Bay" which has default saved into a folder with "config.xml". However, I can find absolutely nothing on what to do with this file in order to use it in game. Apparently I should be able to choose the database when I click new game - but this doesn't happen.

Please help.

Hi,

I'm trying to make my own League structure where the top league is devided in three Divisions of 10 teams.

each team would play each other twice in the regular season. My plan was to have the bottom six teams of each division play a playoff league structure with four team from the 2nd tier. The top four of each division would play a championships play-off to decide the years champion.

However, the editor doesn't accept more than 4 teams total in the championships play-off, is there a way around this?

The thing that isn't allowed is a championship playoff in a league that's not the top division. Use a promotion playoff instead.

I have created some new leagues in various countries, and EVERYTHING works!!!! EXCEPT..... some players awards. My first div goal of the season works, but not the premier div.... nor the monthly ones.... my yearly team selects work but not the monthly.... manager of the year but not the monthly........ and so on, some do some don't. they all appear in the awards sections, but some of them are greyed out and don't work. alot are geyed out but because they have no history, but become useable by seasons end, whilst others remain greyed out and unuseable... why? any ideas?

I have created a European super league complete with league and a cup with a group stage. I have avoided league games clashing with internationals by selecting "Domestic Lague - High" in fixture priority but one of the group stage games in the cup keeps being scheduled (and played) on an international date leaving most teams with youth and reserve players.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't see a fixture priority field in the editor for cups.

Thanks

I have created a European super league complete with league and a cup with a group stage. I have avoided league games clashing with internationals by selecting "Domestic Lague - High" in fixture priority but one of the group stage games in the cup keeps being scheduled (and played) on an international date leaving most teams with youth and reserve players.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't see a fixture priority field in the editor for cups.

Thanks

If you make domestic league - Low then it reschedules the games instead of both international & domestic games at the same time

It worked for me :)

Hi Guys.

I'm tweaking my Portuguese league as the English league, where I incorporate all teams that are showed on the editor. For things to add nicely on third division (tier 8) with tier 6 to 8 have multiple leagues, while I wait for next patch to be released.

I need help to place TV money and prize money to be kind like is on the English league.

Also I do have question, I set boundaries on the tier 6 to 8 so that teams can adjust to regions. But I was not very perfect in this part and I put them by reputation so the teams are mixed across the multiple leagues in the same tier. So How can I set it right? or it just better to leave as is, remove the boundaries and I let the game to figure it out?

Also the awards, is this already set automatically or do I need to create for the top two leagues. The rest of tiers I probably need to create new awards. Any advise?

Hi, here are some generic questions about the editor:

1. Any idea why the number of PPMs has been decreased since FM08?

2. Can you not edit journalist personalities using the Data Editor?

3. Maybe more of a "data issues" question - but im noticing many Serie A real life first team players (apart from Milan, Inter and Juve players) have Current Abilities of 130-140. Dont you think this may be a bit low? Is there any type of guideline on this?

Thanks in advance

I'm having a problem with the USA database I'm making. I'm trying to activate the Developmental League. At present the database has 69 teams lumped in to one division. I created the 8 divisions and apportioned the teams appropriately. I then set up the division in the Nation Rules as a league with sub-divisions with the 8 divisions. I ensured that the min/max teams were appropriate for the number of teams in each division but I keep getting an error saying that the Devlopmental league needs at least 30 teams but only has 0. I'm stuck as to what to do as I've tried a couple things:

1. Tried creating a new Developmental League to put the divisions in rather than using the existing one.

2. Tried deleting the US Open Cup in case that had an effect

Any advice would be much appreciated

I'm having a problem with the USA database I'm making. I'm trying to activate the Developmental League. At present the database has 69 teams lumped in to one division. I created the 8 divisions and apportioned the teams appropriately. I then set up the division in the Nation Rules as a league with sub-divisions with the 8 divisions. I ensured that the min/max teams were appropriate for the number of teams in each division but I keep getting an error saying that the Devlopmental league needs at least 30 teams but only has 0. I'm stuck as to what to do as I've tried a couple things:

1. Tried creating a new Developmental League to put the divisions in rather than using the existing one.

2. Tried deleting the US Open Cup in case that had an effect

Any advice would be much appreciated

You may have to hand-edit the xml file to remove the minimum teams restriction for the league in question. See this thread for more info.

Any way to speed up editor? When I edit .xml file that is sized ovat 20 kilobytes, editor slows down noticeably. And when editing .xml file sized over 50 kilobytes, it is VERY slow.

Too bad editor only uses one processor core, so multiprocessing does not help here.

Processor is Athlon X2 4400+ 2.2 GHz, 1 MB L-2 cache for one core. Not the fastest one of course, but for single threaded applications, not very slow either. Memory amount is not a problem.

And we are talking about 20x slowdown, so it is quite huge hit...

Hi, here are some generic questions about the editor:

1. Any idea why the number of PPMs has been decreased since FM08?

2. Can you not edit journalist personalities using the Data Editor?

3. Maybe more of a "data issues" question - but im noticing many Serie A real life first team players (apart from Milan, Inter and Juve players) have Current Abilities of 130-140. Dont you think this may be a bit low? Is there any type of guideline on this?

Thanks in advance

1. Not all of them are coded, so not used by the match engine. No point listing the unused ones in the editor/game if the match engine doesn't actually use them. Hopefully they'll all be back in future versions.

2. I think (can anyone confirm?) this is done through a file (.edt or similar).

3. The Italian research team have guidelines, they aren't public though. It's meant to be like that. Have a look at Premier League squads, they should look similar when it comes to CAs.

I have a problem. I replaced San Marino with my hometown Västerås. I wanted Västerås to be the "country" just like San Marino. I picked swedish as language for the new country Västerås and then started to create cities, I changed the latitudes and longituds so they were correct. I made stadiums placed in the cities and linked it with the new teams. Yeah you understand.

So now I have a totally new contry "Västerås". I have 57 cities in the country, 57 stadiums and 57 teams. All linked together. The problem? Most of my regens have a swedish name but, BUT, some of them gets an italian name and italy as second nation. In the earlier games it was possible to choose what kind of names players would got but I can't seem to find it in the FM 10 editor.

Hey all, Just been looking through and seeing this question being asked, but I thought I would reiterate it because I would love an answer!

How do you release all players from their teams?? OR is there already a database with these settings already on it...? Thanks in advance

I have a small problem. A some time ago I added three custom players to the database. Due to lack of time I got back to the new players just now and changed some details I wasn't happy with (skin color, a couple of attributes and some personality) I saved the new changes no problem, but in the game the added players show up a bunch of time on the squad list. I can only click on and access one of the names, but with the three others I can't do anything. When I use the search function, both in the editor and in game only the click able names shows up, so I can't really delete them from the DB in the editor. I also remeber the players working just fine back when I originally added them.

In game screen 1: http://i49.tinypic.com/w7ydkk.jpg

In game screen 2: http://i48.tinypic.com/4in0gi.jpg

Editor screen 1: http://i47.tinypic.com/24fwsab.jpg

Has anyone done a step by step "Nation Creation" FAQ? A lot of people are asking questions about this.

If I replace Mayotte with my own country and make the new country a full FIFA member;

* Will I be entered into the World Cup/African Cup qualifying draws?

* Will my teams play in continental competition? [Edit - Doesn't look like it...]

And is there a way to turn off every player having a second nationality of French? Are certain countries like Mayotte hard coded to always give off a second nationality? Would it be better to 'activate' an East Germany or the like and move them to Africa?

Hi. Is there any possibility to change club/nation/whatever name in other language than default editor language? For instance, editor's interface is Polish so I just can change Polish names. If I wanted to change Czech names, I must change the default language to Czech. In FM 2007 editor there was a button which allowed us to change names in every language.

In the 2009 editor it was a simple task to swap teams between divisions using the "swap" button. However in the new editor, there is no swap button, so I did the following. I searched for the Blue Square Premier in "competitions, went to "teams" then deleted 3 teams (Gateshead, Tamworth, and Salisbury) then replaced them by adding three teams from non-playable lower leagues (Sutton, Tooting and Kingstonian). I made no other changes. I named the config file "new teams" and saved it as instructed in the editor data folder. I checked it and it was there. When I tried to create the new game and loaded the new file, England is not available to play and has the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation mark next to it.

What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone tell me how to swap teams in an existing division successfully?

or ...is there old style database editor available for 2010?

how come the players in the game haven't got the same stats as i just edited? its changed but not to how i said it should. do i need to fiddle around with the current ability number aswell? would 0 work? how do i make the game do the stats i said and get rid of the auto current ability adjustment?

how come the players in the game haven't got the same stats as i just edited? its changed but not to how i said it should. do i need to fiddle around with the current ability number aswell? would 0 work? how do i make the game do the stats i said and get rid of the auto current ability adjustment?

If Ca is too low, game adjusts skills to match it. 0 does not work, most probably you will get CA low.

So put CA to what you think player should have. World class player 170 and so on.

Yes, this is slight problem, but poor CA and good attributes, it is just no go.

If Ca is too low, game adjusts skills to match it. 0 does not work, most probably you will get CA low.

So put CA to what you think player should have. World class player 170 and so on.

Yes, this is slight problem, but poor CA and good attributes, it is just no go.

so the game doesn't automaticly calculate the attributes i set into CA? that sucks. how did the researchers ever manage it? so i guess im playing a guessing game with every player over again?

Anyone knows how to get swedish names on my players in my edited league?

I think they'd need to have Swedish nationality; not my area of expertise though.

In the 2009 editor it was a simple task to swap teams between divisions using the "swap" button. However in the new editor, there is no swap button, so I did the following. I searched for the Blue Square Premier in "competitions, went to "teams" then deleted 3 teams (Gateshead, Tamworth, and Salisbury) then replaced them by adding three teams from non-playable lower leagues (Sutton, Tooting and Kingstonian). I made no other changes. I named the config file "new teams" and saved it as instructed in the editor data folder. I checked it and it was there. When I tried to create the new game and loaded the new file, England is not available to play and has the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation mark next to it.

What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone tell me how to swap teams in an existing division successfully?

or ...is there old style database editor available for 2010?

Did you click 'Test Nation Rules' in the FM2010 editor? From what you've said, you will probably not have edited any rules to make that appear...

Try and assign those three removed teams into the gaps left in feeder leagues by Sutton, Tooting and Kingstonian.

Has anyone done a step by step "Nation Creation" FAQ? A lot of people are asking questions about this.

If I replace Mayotte with my own country and make the new country a full FIFA member;

* Will I be entered into the World Cup/African Cup qualifying draws?

* Will my teams play in continental competition? [Edit - Doesn't look like it...]

And is there a way to turn off every player having a second nationality of French? Are certain countries like Mayotte hard coded to always give off a second nationality? Would it be better to 'activate' an East Germany or the like and move them to Africa?

Again, this isn't my area of expertise - I'd certainly love to see someone have a go at writing a guide like this! :thup:

I have a small problem. A some time ago I added three custom players to the database. Due to lack of time I got back to the new players just now and changed some details I wasn't happy with (skin color, a couple of attributes and some personality) I saved the new changes no problem, but in the game the added players show up a bunch of time on the squad list. I can only click on and access one of the names, but with the three others I can't do anything. When I use the search function, both in the editor and in game only the click able names shows up, so I can't really delete them from the DB in the editor. I also remeber the players working just fine back when I originally added them.

In game screen 1: http://i49.tinypic.com/w7ydkk.jpg

In game screen 2: http://i48.tinypic.com/4in0gi.jpg

Editor screen 1: http://i47.tinypic.com/24fwsab.jpg

Try to delete them again in the editor.

If that fails, then in this sort of scenario, the easiest solution might well be to open the xml file in Notepad and delete the offending players entries there - look for their ID numbers and delete the lines that definitely refer to the player(s)... Save the file with a different name, but be sure to save it as a File of Type "all" and with a .xml file extension.

Trying to create the Icelandic 3rd and 4th tier. From start there's 42 in Icelandic Lower Division (12 of the 3rd tier teams and 23 out of 24 4th tier teams and 7 other teams). For some reason 'test nation rules' protests too few teams (less than 28) in Icelandic Lower Division (after I moved 12 teams to my 3rd tier competition and 23 teams to my 4th tier competition). Even after recreating the cups which I thought could cause this (Icelandic Cup and Icelandic Lower League Cup (only 18 teams there though from the start) the same error message occurs.

Have I missed something obvious? Any idea why?

Send me the xml at nonleaguenik@gmail.com and I will try to take a look when I get some spare time.

So I need some help. I am updating FM 2010 with the database from 99/00. I am currently going down the teams and rellocating each player 24 years and older to the team they had 10 years ago before I create the players for each team from a decade ago. The thing is, the editor randomly screws up and at some point during my editing I'll click on a player and another one will show up, from the same team. Always the same one though, like they are correlated. And some when you click them it takes you to the screen of creating a new player...meaning I cannot edit these players.

This is screwing up the whole project, I need some help.

Thanks!

Twellman24: This can happen when the internal data structure gets corrupted, which seems to happen occasionally when you load an editor file while another is loaded. In short, don't reload a file and continue working on it. Whenever you want to reload, close the Editor and restart it. I'm not sure if that's your problem, but that seems to be a common issue.

Archived