The Official General Database Editing Thread

Michael F

Ok here it goes, I've always liked editing the database to how it was in 02/03 (CM4). But when i change a non-player into a player and edit their history, the achievements section duplicates the date they joined the club i.e. it will have 1992 underneath the actual date if 27/11/1992, and happens for each time they change a club, and doesn't show any of the achievements in terms of winning cups etc. This also happens when i create a player, the related playing history is duplicated i.e. not just in the achievements section so the same season stats will be shown. Is this because of the way i edit it ?, after editing I 'merge' the editor file + database so that the changes take affect but this is when most of the errors happen it seems. Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

Merging may well result in the sort of duplication you're seeing. Effectively, you'll be merging your file with itself.

Changes in the FM10 editor are saved in an xml format, which the game can then apply when it loads the database for a new game. You never actually edit the database. You should be choosing the 'Save Editor Data' option instead. Merging should be seen as an Advanced User tool, and avoided at all costs.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Merging may well result in the sort of duplication you're seeing. Effectively, you'll be merging your file with itself.

Changes in the FM10 editor are saved in an xml format, which the game can then apply when it loads the database for a new game. You never actually edit the database. You should be choosing the 'Save Editor Data' option instead. Merging should be seen as an Advanced User tool, and avoided at all costs.

Thanks for such a quick reply, just tried saving it without merging and it worked, thank you alot ! however the non-playing histories still seem to be acting rather wierd and not editing much, it will remove some but not all records i delete.

Adam

OK really hoping someone can help sorry if this isnt the right place.

I have created a team in the prem and created ten players how do u make those players home grown? as when i qualify for euro i dont have the 4 min players for registering?? Any ideas would be ace? Oh im using 10.0

Bit of a weird question here!

Before I try to attempt it i'm trying to save myself some time. Is it actually possible to make Oceania one country? Involves combining Fiji, New Zealand, Solomon Islands etc. It'd probably mess up the World Cup Qualification process too but i'm a little curious to see if its actually possible!

Wondering if someone could help. With 10.3 I get an error for Belgium saying 15 teams required for pro league (found 0). I have a Belgian expansion down to level 4 and the nation rules when tested are said to be accurate but yet it won't load up? Any way to remedy this via editor?

Quick question on reserve team/B placement.

Is it possibly to place a reserve team from England in say, the Third Division of Belgium? Renaming them Exeter City B and having them play through the Belgium league system including getting promoted, while still operating as a normal reserve side? I know you can do this in the same country Dynamo Kiev with Dynamo Kiev B operating in the 2nd tier of Ukraine, but is it possibly to have the reserve/B team operating in a different country/league system? I hope that all makes sense.

In a country with two playable leagues (default), I created the Third league. Everything works but the relegation system from that added league. That means that the same clubs play in these three leagues over and over again. There are at least ten leagues (+ lower division clubs) that are not added, but why can't clubs from that divisions be promoted in last playable division of that edited db (in this case, the Third league)?

Here's hoping someone provides a solution.

• 4 weeks later...

I have found 2 bugs in the editor:

- I delete the nation of a team (example: the team doesn't not compete anymore but i still want that who played in that team still shows in player history this team). I release on free transfer the players which are included in the DB. result: when i start the new game, the players don't appear.

- I want to delete a B-team from the main team screen. the button delete and the button remove has the same effect: the reserve team simply disappear from the DB (i thought that remove just should make the b-team a normal team, making it be independent). i thought that this effect should occurs only when you press delete button.

does anyone in SI know how to solve the problems? please any advice is welcome.

i would like to have clear a thing: if i select this option when i add a league to an existing system, what does it mean?

1) bayern munich is in 1st division and bayern II is in the 3rd. bayern II wins the fourth league. when i "added" the 4th german league, i selected this option. bayern will be promoted in the 3rd league or no?

or

2) just this option avoids that the b-team will play in the same league of the main?

please answer. thanks in advance

Is possible to edit created league file to allow clubs in this league to play in continent champions league (i.e i've created US Virgin Islands league and i want to clubs play in international cups after winning a league ) ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to change the rules in CFA (french level 4) in order to allow reserve teams to be promoted to the Champoinant National. If I do this should the auto disallow reserve teams from playing in the same division as the parent team?

I know that there have been a few different posts in different locations about this, but I still can't get it to work, so I thought I'd post the question here. I am working with the 10.3 database. I have added a player and saved the editor XML file under a new and discreet name. I have erased the config.xml file in the editor data directory. I have cleared my cache. I then load up FM, tick on change editor, make sure my new XML file is ticked, and proceed to establish a new game...and the added player STILL doesn't appear. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

I know that there have been a few different posts in different locations about this, but I still can't get it to work, so I thought I'd post the question here. I am working with the 10.3 database. I have added a player and saved the editor XML file under a new and discreet name. I have erased the config.xml file in the editor data directory. I have cleared my cache. I then load up FM, tick on change editor, make sure my new XML file is ticked, and proceed to establish a new game...and the added player STILL doesn't appear. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Any chance anyone from SI might have any ideas?

yup thats exactly whats happening any ideas?

If the pop up box isn't appearing, you'll have to delete the config file. Go into the Editor, and delete it that way. Close down the Editor and restart your computer. A new config file should have been automatically created, and when you edit in future you can save those edits as seperate files. The pop up box should start appearing again.

Hope it works. :)

If the pop up box isn't appearing, you'll have to delete the config file. Go into the Editor, and delete it that way. Close down the Editor and restart your computer. A new config file should have been automatically created, and when you edit in future you can save those edits as seperate files. The pop up box should start appearing again.

Hope it works. :)

unfortunatley it has'nt worked and the pop up box still does'nt appear when i start a new game :(

thanks for the help though :)

No problem, mate. I saw the lack of responses in this thread and wanted to answer someone if I could. :thup:

tried what you previously stated and again no luck, looks like im gonna have to play without my own character in the game lol!:D

Hi All

I'm having a problem with removing future transfers from players.

I have moved a player to another club and then removed the future transfer details, however when i create a new game the future transfer is still in place.

Any help would be great?!?

how do you change the chairman status?

In the Editor? You change his loyalty. If you want him to stay with your club for a long time, make it a high number. If you want him to sell up, make it a low number.

Hi All

I'm having a problem with removing future transfers from players.

I have moved a player to another club and then removed the future transfer details, however when i create a new game the future transfer is still in place.

Any help would be great?!?

Are you getting the pop up box when you click 'New Game'?

It feels like I'm on my own in here having questions thrown at me. :D

• 2 weeks later...
probably going to sound really dumb buttt...

just edited the database and im unsure how to play with the database :S

When I go onto new game there is only the old database :S

To get the database add-on available in game, save the edited file as something other than config. Don't merge or save over any existing files.

Click 'New Game' and a pop up box should appear. Tick the 'change' box and you'll be taken to a screen where all your edited database add-ons are listed. Tick the one(s) you wanted included in the game and continue. :)

I haven't had much experience of crash dumps, but you could delete the edited file you created and create it again, as there might have been some files that got corrupted along the way. You could also try all the crash dump fixes that are scattered throughout the forum. :thup:

Sorry folks, stupid question coming up.

When I load database 10.3 in the editor, and if I want to edit it and save it as a new database it doesnt seem to let me save it as a new one. It only lets me save changes as a different file WITHIN 10.3

Is this normal? Or do I have to click on that scary looking merge button?

Help please...

Sorry folks, stupid question coming up.

When I load database 10.3 in the editor, and if I want to edit it and save it as a new database it doesnt seem to let me save it as a new one. It only lets me save changes as a different file WITHIN 10.3

Is this normal? Or do I have to click on that scary looking merge button?

Help please...

When you go to save it have you gave it a newname?.....try giving it a new name when you save it

Ok, and will i be able to load my changes when i start new game? As in FM09 I could choose databse, what would happen in this ?

As said above, yeah you can.

The main difference from FM09 is that you don't actually create new databases now. You just create a file which contains a list of the changes you want to make to the database.

I've just made a proper league structure for the United States (Prem, Div 1, Div 2, Div 3, Conf each with 16 teams). On my test holiday last night to make sure everything worked I noticed that virtually no transfer were taking place despite all of the teams having plenty of cash. I joined several clubs and couldn't see what the problem was. This morning I downloaded Genie Scout to search further into the matter. It seems that the top clubs have stupid small wage budgets (LA Galaxy has a wage budget of £725 per week). In addition to this there appears to be a Max wage budget set of £0.

If I simply bump this max wage budget up to say 4m will this solve the problems that I'm currently facing? I assume this is a remnent from the current crazy US draft system.

I've created a new league consisting of three divisions. The first division has 14 clubs, the second 24 and the third 26, for a total of 64 teams.

Now, I would like to create a cup for this league with only 32 teams. But when I select the divisions from which the game should pick out the teams, the editor warn me that the cup needs 64 teams although I only want 32 teams to be selected.

I do not want to register the 32 teams one by one, I want the game to pick the teams at random from the three divisions. How can I do that ?

Archived