The Official General Database Editing Thread

Michael F

No answers :( although it's supposed to be possible -but I can't figure out how. Have you tried with Adding New Competition, that way I get a Youth League, but then it seems I have to create from scratch all the other competitions. I'm about to give up, I wanted to create the Italian Primavera the way it is IRL, with 3 groups and a playoff, but well, I guess I'll have to drop the idea.

Same thing. I tried first to create U-21 clubs for top Polish 16 and then put them into new competition. Nope. Then I created "U-21" club as a completely new club, setting max. age at 21, and join it with the parent club as an affiliate. I thought it worked, but the validation of league rules said that my U-21 club is not compatible with them :( No idea what am i doing wrong. Can somebody from SI post a simple step-by-step tutorial like it was last year how to do it properly? It doesn't have to be video, just write 1. Do this, 2. Do that etc. please. I'll be very glad.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

I try to create more media sources, but have some questions. Can I assign one newspaper/TV station etc. to more than one region or city? For me, the arrow marks that you only can select one. Of course you can always create another media source, but if I do that the situation can appear when the same newspaper is reported two times, if two teams from the same region etc. meets. Can I edit this in the editor, or maybe in the XML file?

I don't know if I have explained the issue well, but I hope you understand what I mean... :-)

Greetings,

Tobias Henricsson

Sweden

Same thing. I tried first to create U-21 clubs for top Polish 16 and then put them into new competition. Nope. Then I created "U-21" club as a completely new club, setting max. age at 21, and join it with the parent club as an affiliate. I thought it worked, but the validation of league rules said that my U-21 club is not compatible with them :( No idea what am i doing wrong. Can somebody from SI post a simple step-by-step tutorial like it was last year how to do it properly? It doesn't have to be video, just write 1. Do this, 2. Do that etc. please. I'll be very glad.

I hear you. You get this nice tool, but you have to pretty much figure it out yourself. There are people around who have created leagues with youth leagues, and I've been told the editor supports Reserve and Youth leagues, but how, oh how to make it work, that's what nobody tells you.

I hear you. You get this nice tool, but you have to pretty much figure it out yourself. There are people around who have created leagues with youth leagues, and I've been told the editor supports Reserve and Youth leagues, but how, oh how to make it work, that's what nobody tells you.

Nicely said, mate ;/

Sorry if this has been asked before:

When I change the attributes of a player they are (quite possibly) no longer in line with the CA, right? So, to counter this I might add or substract a few points from the CA. How can I make sure that CA and attributes are "matched" afterwards?

Hi there,

First post but been buying FM since 2006 so I have a fair idea of what I'm doing. In FM 2011 there is obviously some bug (after reading the number of people mentioning the same issue) that stops you loading an edited database. I am EXTREMELY frustrated and cannot work out any solution, and I'm yet to see it addressed properly by someone in the know. (Apologies if I'm just blind and have missed it).

What I am doing, is:

1. Opening the editor and clicking "load database"

2. Clicking on a team, in this case its West Brom.

3. Changing their balance and transfer budgets as if they have just been bought by a rich Arab lol. Also changing one of their rival clubs to an affiliate.

4. Changing their reputation to 9990 as from previous experience their bank balance seems to be linked to their reputation.

5. Click "save database as", naming it "Baggies", closing database, then starting FM2011.

6. IT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SELECT WHICH DATABASE I WANT TO USE!!!!!!

I have used the editor many times over many years and never had this problem. Could it be Windows 7 related? I have had FM2011 for a week now and I'm yet to start a game and it is frustrating the hell out of me.

Someone please help - and soon!

Thanks, Scott

Scott, when you click 'New Game' a pop-up box should appear. Within that box, tick the box marked 'change'. You'll be taken to another screen that will allow you to select your database add-ons.

Thanks Vic, but It doesn't. Thats what frustrating me. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled twice but it doesn't work. It just goes straight in and loads the basic database.

I went back and made a change to FM2010 and loaded a new game and it worked fine. Butmy FM2011 wont do it.

Maybe my game is dud? I've even put a copy of the edited file in every folder of the game in case its pulling it from somewhere strange. Still nothing.

I never usually edit, so this may be a daft question for some reason I'm not yet aware of.

I want to edit an Assistant Manager (Dougie Freedman of Crystal Palace) to improve his coaching and mental stats. I'm usually brutal about replacing coaching staff, but I like Dougie and rate him higher than the game does.

I haven't been able to find any guides which talk about editing coaching staff, and most of the values that come up on editor are 0s, with a few 1s and the occasional higher value. I've no idea what I'd need to do to improve his in-game stats to where i want them.

It's for 2011

Zero's mean that is no set number for that attribute and Fm chooses the attribute itself when you start a new game.

how good the coach is, is ultimatly decided by Potential Ability and Current Ability (CA/Pa). The max is 200

Current Ability is how good he is now

Potential Ability is how good he could be. The current ability (which changes in game as you play) will never rise above the potential ability but at the same time may never reach it, i don't know what limitiations there are to stop coaches reaching the potential ability, for instance with players it could be training, the players personality, (professonalism, ambition stats etc.), injuries how many and how servere they are.

what this means is if you try to make the ultimate player/coach my making the attributes all 20 but the current abilty is 90, for example that persons stats will drop very quickly to what level the 90 current ability is.

Its also worth noting you cannot make player/coach have all 20 attributes

i cannot remember if coaches have minus numbers for potential ability -1 to -9 like young players, but it means that the potential ability has not been set yet, (a Player has to reach a certain point in his/her carrer, not sure what it is before its set) what the potential ability is likly to be set at is found in one of the stickys.

hope that helps you a little.

*EDIT*

Something i should of pointed out is the attributes seen on the tab" person data" is not linked to (CA/PA) and defines the persons personality. Model Professonal, Ambitous etc etc.

Thanks Vic, but It doesn't. Thats what frustrating me. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled twice but it doesn't work. It just goes straight in and loads the basic database.

I went back and made a change to FM2010 and loaded a new game and it worked fine. Butmy FM2011 wont do it.

Maybe my game is dud? I've even put a copy of the edited file in every folder of the game in case its pulling it from somewhere strange. Still nothing.

Delete the 'config' file and the pop-up box will appear when you click 'New Game'.

Delete the 'config' file and the pop-up box will appear when you click 'New Game'.

Thanks again Vic but it just doesn't work. I've loaded the patch, and it now has the pop up box to pick which version to use, which is progress at least. On that same screen I can select "change" but no other editor data files to be selected.

It seems I'm not the only one with this issue, http://fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1777 has quite a few references to the problem.

Is there a mod on here who knows something?

Hi, I'm new to using the editor and have a few questions that hopefully some of you with more experience may be able to answer so hope this is the right place to post:

Basically I want to work on some of the Oceanic nations as a project to learn to use the editor and am starting small by focusing on the ASB Premiership (New Zealand's highest division). I've added nation rules and have the league in the game with the right teams, rules, transfer windows etc. However, there are a few details that I can't see an obvious way of achieving with the editor.

The league is in two stages, 8 teams play each other twice (14 games each) and then the top 4 go into a playoff which in real life consists of two-leg semi-finals and then a single match grand final. However, with the editor I've so far only been able to make it have two-legs for both the semi's and the final or just one game for each stage, how would I go about making the playoff correct to real life, I'm thinking I'd need to make the playoff/grand final a seperate cup and have the top four from the league qualify (similar to the A-league) but I fear this would mess up O-League qualification.

Secondly and on the subject of the O-league, in real life the winner of the league stage and the winner of the grand final qualify for the O-League (Oceanic Champions League), with the runner up of the league stage qualifying if the same team wins both stages. In the game in all other NZ files I've used and in my own attempt, it seems just the top two of the league stage qualify. Is there a way I can correct this?

Thirdly, when testing my attempt it appears that neither the Grand Final winning team, nor the league winning team receive credit in the manager or player's profile/biography, the winner and runner up of the playoff final appear in the relevent teams honours page, just not the player or manager, any reason why this is?

There is also a new competition this season called the 'ASB Phoenix Challenge' where a reserve team of Wellington Phoenix (the New Zealand team playing in the Australian A-League) play a game against each of the ASB Premiership sides, the winner of each game getting a prize of $2000, with the games spread throughout the season between ASB fixtures and Oceanic Champions League games. Is it even possible to make this competition with the prize for each game as in real life? and if so any tips on how I would go about it? (or even the inevitable guide post for his exact issue that i've somehow missed)

I could go on but I think thats plenty of questions for now.... I'm sure most of them have fairly obvious solutions or just can't be done, but any help for this amateur would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds obvious, but after ticking the 'change' box, do you then click 'Continue'?

Yeah mate I press "ok", then it takes me to the screen where I can select a data file - but there are none there.

I've been through FM2010 and FM2009 to see the file paths and make sure that FM2011 is the same, but still nothing.

I have uploaded the game using the DVD, not Steam.

I'm going to have to get a computer tech to have a look I think - something is just not right.

Can't seem to find anything via the search function on the forum. Posted this as a seperate post but haven't recieved a hint so figured I'd post it here as well.

I have gone through the editor for the Scottish leagues and made sure that all teams have the reserve and youth fixtures unticked in the competition section of the teams. They all now have reserve fixtures but no youth fixtures. They have a fully populated youth squad but no fixtures. Take into account this isn't all the clubs but a few. For example in the Scottish third division Albion Rovers has a youth team and fixtures, but Annan has a youth team but no fixtures. When I checked through the editor the Albion Rovers have the following setting under stadium.

Training 6

Youth Setup 6

Youth Academy -1

Youth Recruitment 6

Now under Annan the settings are pretty much the same but they have no fixtures and I'm kinda lost as to why no fixtures.

Training 7

Youth Setup 6

Youth Academy -1

Youth Recruitment 6

Any help figuring this out would be great. The reserves were easy to get working, but just can't get my head around the youth setup.

Question for FM 2010 (although it will also apply to FM 2011 I guess when it comes out heh)

I'm trying to create a custom Canadian league, and have a cup that would qualify a team to the CONCACAF Champions League. Currently, one Canadian team gets a spot in the league, and it is the winner of the Canadian Champion's Cup (CCC, which is in the game). Since it only features three teams, I have attempted to delete it in my database to replace it with my custom cup. However, when I start the league, the CCC is still in the game and the winner from that tournament qualifies for the Champions League, thus making my Cup useless.

You may have figured this out already, but I did it myself for my own Canadian edit so I might as well tell you!

What you need to do is, in the Nation Rules screen, when you're setting the rules for the new cup, the "Competition" field at the top should be set to the Canadian Champion's Cup instead of whatever new cup you created, then you can edit the rules as normal and your rules will replace the CCC's rules (and you can go edit the CCC's entry in the competitions database as you see fit, so you don't even have to keep the name.)

This _should_ also work in FM10 (though I haven't tried it there) and also gets around the fact that in FM11 you can't edit Nation Rules and Continental Rules in the same XML file for some reason.

Now for my own question:

I've played through a season or two of my custom league in FM11 (there's no squad registration requirements or 25-man rules or anything like that) and haven't been asked to select squad numbers for my team. Is this something I can change in the editor somewhere that I've missed?

edit: while I'm at it, has anyone noticed that some of the red card rules don't work properly? I wanted to implement the "more red cards in a season means longer ban" rule I saw in the Discipline section, but when I actually played it out it didn't show up in the competition rules window, and didn't assign any bans for red cards at all.

Hi help needed please as although I've been playin FM for many years, I've never used the editor...

I'm using the official editor on FM11 V11.1.1. I have read and learnt how to use the editor but wish to ask a question.

I am going to play host for a human 3 player game, Newcastle, Stoke & Sunderland are the teams myself and my friends have chosen but we have also decided to allow ourselves £30m transfer budget. My question therefore is: What do I need to edit to ensure all 3 clubs get £30m extra transfer budget and avoid any finiancial implications further in the game?

Many thanks for your aniticpated help :-)

hello i am having a problem with my fm editor, i seemed to have done something to the finances in english football, noone has any money??? what can i do? ive tried uninstalling and re-installing that doesnt seem to work, its getting on my nerves now, is there anyone out there that can help meeeee!!!

Hi, im currently updating fm2010 to this season (waiting til 2nd patch at least on 11) and i was wondering if do future transfers ie. Eduardo to Shakthar are the funds alreay allocated for or do they have to have them available. E.g. he went for £6 million so if i set that, would it matter if the buyers didnt have it as it its technically spent. Anyway hope it makes sense, i would prefer to do t this way as i know FM sets values as most recent transfer in most cases, thanks in advance

Using FM11, already patched. Don't see anything here or by the results of forum search about squad numbers, and it's turning me mad :p

And it's because the game doesn't care about what squad number the player is given on the editor :(

I'm editing a certain country whose league/contracts starts on February, so I thought maybe the issue was there. Tried Contract Started 1.2.2010, 1.2.2009, nothing. Thought it was a bug to be corrected on the first patch. Patched, nothing. And I'm out of ideas, except using the favourite squad number slot, but I'd need to re-do so many players that I prefer to wait if there's an answer here to solve my problem, or if it's a bug, if it's gonna be corrected at second patch.

Thanks in advance, and if this is not the right place, first I'm sorry and second I'd ask where should that be :p

Guys, quick question. What's the best way to make a multi-nation league with the current editor? I'm looking at making either a full blown european league with all the top clubs from Europe and a few levels, or something like an Eastern European league (all clubs from eastern europe) plus a Latin Europe league plus a British Islands league, etc. I realize that if I'm going to do this complicated task I'm going to need to do some trial-and-error work, but some of you might have some experience so could lead me already into the proper path.

My guess is that FM always needs to attach a league to a nation, although it'd be better if I could just put the league structure under Europe or something. In that case would I be better off using one of the countries involved (ex. Russia for Eastern Europe) or just using something completely random so I could avoid clashes with the european competitions (ex. placing it under the UAE or East Timor or the Comoros or..)?

Would I need to use the advanced editor or the easy one?

How do you get the "use specified matches" to work?

I checked it and then filled in a season's worth of matches for all teams in a competition I made but the game still just made its own fixtures.

I feel like there's some obvious step that I missed out on.

Thanks.

Hi, I have tried to create an MLS in the same style as NBA, NHL, MLB or NFL. The only problem is that no matter how much money or how far below the wage limit any of the MLS teams are, they can only offer about 300£ a week to players and staff.

When i realised this I switch the MLS to another division, thinking it had something to do with the hardcodes in the MLS-competition. But the same problems occur no matter what? Is there any solution to this?

• 2 weeks later...

I had previously posted on the advanced editor thread, but this topic is probably the best place to talk about it :

-Is it possible to recreate the old European Champion Clubs' Cup, with 1 club/league plus the title holder ?

-Is it possible to recreate the old Cup Winners' Cup with 1 club/league plus the title holder ?

-Is it possible to modify the Europa League in order to have the former UEFA Cup, with 2nd-3rd-4th/league plus the title holder ?

But most importantly all in the same time ?

In FM10, i could only have the C1 and C2, but i was not able to create a realistic C3.

-If a team win a double, winning both championship and cup, what will happen, then, for the spot in the C2 ?

Will the finalist of the cup takes the place ?

-Same problem but with the C3, if one of the expected participants have won the cup and play the C2, does the 5th of the championship win the C3 spot ?

-It is possible to be sure that a team could not enter in more than one competition for the season ?

-As i am not likely to make every european league playable, how the participants for each country and competition will be decided ?

Will Rosenborg, Olympiakos and Sheriff (highest rep. in the league) be entering on each edition of the C1 if i dont make their leagues playable ?

Is it purely random (Karabukspor vs Lechia Gdansk in C1, that could be fun, but not very realistic, at least in 2011), or does it exist something like a rotation with weighted odds...(for instance, out of 10 times, Porto will play 5 times the C1, Benfica 3, Sporting 2...?)

As i understand it, it was based on the club reputation last year, meaning that if you dont select the league, it was for sure always (or at 90%) the same club "winning" the league year in and out...

Last question, does the quality of the regens is linked to the quality and the "value" of the championship ?

I mean, if the estonian league is the strongest in the world in 2134, will the regens born in Estonia in 2130-2140 be among the greatest in the world ?

Thanks in advance for helping me to answer to these questions !

I would like to recreate the original league formations from the 70s ie or if someone could do one for me that would be great.

English Div 1 with 22 teams with 2 getting relagated. (Playing 42 League games )

English Div 2 with 22 teams with 2 getting promoted and 2 relegated

English Div 3 with 24 teams with 2 getting promoted and 4 relegated (Playing 44 League games)

English Div 4 with 24 teams with 4 getting promoted and 2 relegated

Southern League (Conference) Prem Div 22 teams 2 promoted and 4 relegated 2 going down to Div 1 (South) and 2 to Div 1 (North)

Div 1 (South) 22 teams with 2 up and 2 down

Div 1 (North) 22 teams with 2 up and 2 down

Northern Prem League 24 teams 2 up and 2 down

Div 1 20 teams 2 up and 2 down

Isthiman League Div 1 22 teams 2 up and 2 down

Scotland i want just 2 Divisions Div 1 with 18 teams with 2 getting relegated

and Div 2 with 19 teams with 2 getting promoted and no relegation or maybe applying for re-election.

Northern Ireland 1 division of 12 teams no relegation

Rep Of ireland 1 division of 14 teams no relegation

Wales 3 divisions

Div 1 18teams 2 down

Div 2 18 teams 2 up and 2 down

Div 3 19 teams 2 up and no relegation

All Leagues 2 Pts for a win and 1 for a draw.

Also All the domestic cup formats as they were during this period, therefore no penalty shoot-outs, so replays after replays if needed.

European Cup straigt knock out 1st rd 32 teams over 2 legs up to the final. final to be played over 1 game replay if drawn.

Cup Winners Cup straigt knock 1st rd 32 knock out over 2 legs up to the final.final to be played over 1 game replay if drawn

UEFA Cup straigt knock 1st rd 64 teams over 2 legs and 2 legs for final too.

European Cup Holders to qualify plus champions from each nation go into the hat for the draw.

Cup Winners Cup Lge Cup & FA Cup winners qualify plus holders

UEFA Cup next best 4 placings in league qulify plus holders.

I know there maybe more than 32, 64 teams qualify so therefore maybe extra rounds or prelimanary rounds.

i would like to also recreate the Home international championships with England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland & also the inclusion of Republic Of Ireland.

if you can also include any other domestic cups aswell if possible.

International Football Tournaments as they were during this period. (therefore holders of each international competitions automaticly qualify as of the hosts too)

thanks look forward to hear from you soon.

please feel free to message me.

regardss Snowy.

Morning all, :)

I have a few doubts.......I would be grateful to anyone who can clear them.

1. I am making a new continental competition having 512 teams. The editor allows only 256. Any work around for this??

2. Is it possible to have various continental rules in one game....like for eg: 1 South American, 1 European and 1 World rules loaded into a single new game.

3. Is it possible to make teams with positions 4-8 in their respective leagues qualify for 1 created European competition equavalent to Europa League and teams with positions 1-4 in their respective leagues qualify for 1 created European competition equavalent to Champions League??

4. Is it possible to have 3rd, 5th and 7th place playoffs?

Thanks in advance

What do "Future" and "Permanent" mean in the Injury tab?

At first glance I thought they were quite straightforward, but I'm not convinced...

I am not sure but this is what I think they are.....

Future- Player X will pick up this injury on DD/MM/YYYY but he will get back to playing.

Permanent- Player X will pick up this injury on DD/MM/YYYY but injury will force him to retire.

Like I mentioned above I am not sure. This is what I pertain them to be.

Hope I helped :)

Hi all & first thing Happy New Year.

How as i am a novice when it comes to using the editor please could someone help by telling me if it is possible to copy players over from a different FM version.

Like there is 3 coaches who are in Version 11.1.0 but are not in 11.2.0 datebase that i always use for my lower league games.

Is there a way to copy them over without having to retype all the info in again.

Thanks for any help.

I'm trying to find a way to keep clubs from buying foreigners. I go to 'Add nation rules' and 'add lower divisions and cups to existing structure' and I click on the 'work permit rules' tab under General and set the wage for both new players and existing players to 900,000 quid. Yet I am still able to sign South Americans with low salaries with zero work permit problems (I did this with a Dutch team). Does anyone have a solution? I don't understand why it doesn't work.

My suggestion to you is adding home grown rules.

That's what I'm trying to do (see my other thread). However, it takes an awfully long time to re-create the league structures (even with the advanced editor) of all these leagues. More importantly, there's no way I'd be able to do it for Argentina, which has a two part season, a playoff system between teams from the top and second division to determine promotion/relegation, and in the top league, the teams are relegated to this playoff based on three year averages. So unless I want to totally change the rules of Argentina's league (not to mention probably screw up qualification for the continental competitions in South America, namely the Copa Sudamericana), this is the only way I can give them a zero foreigner rule. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe something in FMRTE? Maybe editing the .xml file with a text editor? I just don't get why they would give us the option to edit the work permit rules in the editor if it doesn't work at all. Is it a bug maybe?

I was planning on creating/activating leagues with a different xml for each, and then creating replacement continental rules, also in separate files. This was for easier testing and organizing. But will that work? If I change the various national setups, will I be able to change the continental rules, select all the various xml's and have it work? If continental rules refer to specific competitions, I don't see how this will work.

Hi! As I did´nt found a more suitable thread for my question I choosed this one...

I was wondering if someone nice could explain the differences between the various affiliations (that are chooseable in the editor), between clubs, more thoroughly?

I hope that you get me, like this:

* Normal Affiliated Club = ?

* Sub Team =

* Feeder Team=

* B Club =

* C Club =

* 2 Club =

* 3 Club =

* II Club =

* Good Relations =

Well, i finally have the possibility to play with the editor, and now, i have done some work in order to have the old european competitions back.

I have created the European Champions' Cup, 53 teams, everything ok.

The Cup Winners' Cup is reborn, same model, 53 teams, no problem.

I changed the structure of the UEFA Cup, 157 teams, but no bugs, no problem, the teams are slotted in the right places, the calendar is established without any clashes...

Unfortunately, when im loading a new game, the former european competitions (Champions League and Europa League) are still there, even if :

-I consider them as extinct (i must say that its the same problem on the other way, if i consider an old competition, like the Intercontinental Cup as alive, it doesnt work)

-I remove them from the DB

-I delete the list of teams who had qualified and i remove the competitions from the DB.

Every time, the Champions League and Europa League are still in the game, and that's obviously a problem.

How should i do to be sure that they're gone from the game ?

-----------

I've also tried to modify the Champions League instead of creating a new competition, but then, the game crashes before i can add a new coach...

----------

I would also like to know how to make a really random draw for the competitions.

I explain :

For the Cup Winners' Cup, 11 teams are going directly into the second round, the 42 others are fighting for 21 spots in the first round.

21+11 : 32, then, everything is ok.

My only problem is that the teams that are not playing the 1st round are always coming from the same countries (Andorra, St.Marin, Malta etc...basically the bottom-11) and i want that to be really random.

Finally, what should i choose for the final stadium, in order to have a realistic choice, moving in different countries each year ?

----------------

Thanks for helping me to understand what i've done wrong, as i've never seen a DB with former european competitions, this could help !

Have a nice day ! (Or night...)

Jacksouille: I believe you have to set the points per victory for each league-not for the nation.

Jofojo: Did you just create the competitions, or did you use "add continent rules." I assume the latter, which should take out the old competition on its own-it did for me. Is the game still trying to draw teams for the champions league like normal, with your competitions just added in? So, for example, Chelsea is in both your competition and the CL?

As far as which teams are "seeded" I don't think you can set this to be random. When you change the continent rules, you tell the system, from left to right, where to take the teams (e.g. top division or previous winner) how many to take, which nations to apply the rules to, what competition to place the teams in, and what seeding they should be assigned. This is best explained by example. I take from your post that you want the winners of the 53 UEFA-member nations' FA Cup-equivalent to enter a knockout tournament, starting with 42 teams in the first round, with the 21 winners joined with by the 11 remaining teams to create a round of 32. To do this, your 'Teams' screen under 'add continent rules' would look something like this: (the first row is the header row)

-------Type-------------Number----First Nation----Last Nation----Qualified Competition----Seeding to Give----Total

Main Cup Winner--------1--------------1-----------------11--------------Cup Winner's Cup----------------1----------------11

Main Cup Winner--------1-------------12----------------53--------------Cup Winner's Cup-----------------2---------------42

Type=What kind of team the comp will look for. In this case, the winner of the given nation's Main Cup.

Number=How many teams to draw according to these rules. If you wanted to take the top 4 teams from the nation's domestic league, this number would be 4. You only want winners, so you set this to 1.

First Nation and Last Nation=These identify what nation the system will look to to take your teams. How do you know what number to use? Look at the 'Nations' tab. This is the screen where you tell the editor what nations are eligible for the competition. Let's say you put in a filter for 'Continent=Europe' and it gave you a list of all UEFA members. Great. Notice the numbers on the left hand column. These numbers are what the 'First Nation' and 'Last Nation' columns refer to. You want to apply a different set of rules to two groups of teams: one group of 11 who skip the first round, and the other 42. This is why I say I don't think you can set it randomly. The editor forces you to choose what nations you want to seed into the second round. Perhaps the advanced editor allows you different options, but you'll have to ask someone else if you want to know how. My recommendation is this: on the 'Nations' tab, you can move nations up and down on the list. I would move the 11 nations with the highest Reputation into the numbers 1-11. Then use the rules I gave above. This way the best teams should, if done correctly, get the free pass. I have used this kind of setup successfully myself.

Qualified Competition=This identifies the competition that the teams are being drawn INTO. Since you are drawing teams for the CWC, you choose that for this column. It is NOT the competition you are drawing FROM.

Seeding to Give=A ranking system so the editor knows who you want to give special treatment to. If you were simply drawing 32 teams and everyone entered at the same stage, this would not be useful. Since you have an odd number of teams and have to stagger them 42 and 11, you need a way to tell the editor which 11 teams to take. So we assign a 1 to the teams from nations 1-11 and a 2 to the others. Thus, when you tell the system to take 42 teams for Round 1 and add 11 teams into Round 2 (I assume from your post you got that correct)-it will fill Round 1 with the 42 lowest seeded teams you have identified (Note: a lower seed equals a higher number. A 1 seed is a higher rank than a 2 seed) then it will fill Round 2 with the next 11 lowest ranked teams, in this case, the remaining 11.

Total=The number of teams that this rule adds up to. This is filled in automatically and is designed to help you keep track of your total so you don't get the wrong number of teams.

On a side note, have you tried to change continental alignment? I wanted to have teams play continental competitions based on geography, so Australia would not be in Asia, and Kazakhstan would not be in Europe. But I can't get it to work. I know the default editor does not let you change a nation's continent, but I found a workaround. Ever after setting up and loading all continental rules so there wouldn't be conflict, it still creates a crash dump. At this point I assume that SI grayed out the option to edit a nation's continent for good reason. The game doesn't seem able to handle it.

Urmelio: There should be a post stickied about how to use editor files. There should be a folder in your My Docs (or wherever you have the game set to/installed at) called editor files. Then when you load the game it should give you the option of selecting the 'CSL' set of database changes.

Archived