The Official General Database Editing Thread

Michael F

I have a problem. I've created a "Nordic Super League". Everything works fine but it only works one season. It's no crash or so, just no fixtures the second season. What should I do to make the competition run every year?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one problem. I decided to create the leagues for my country from scratch but keep the old ones just as inactive ones for history purposes and such. I added a Super Cup to my new structure wich pits the top division winner against the domestic cup winner. This is supposed to happen at the begginning at the season. As there are now winners of these competitions yet there is no cup on the first season wich in itself is no problem, the problem is that as it is never finished there will be no competition next year either.

Anyway to set some teams to compete the first time to get it going?

I have one problem. I decided to create the leagues for my country from scratch but keep the old ones just as inactive ones for history purposes and such. I added a Super Cup to my new structure wich pits the top division winner against the domestic cup winner. This is supposed to happen at the begginning at the season. As there are now winners of these competitions yet there is no cup on the first season wich in itself is no problem, the problem is that as it is never finished there will be no competition next year either.

Anyway to set some teams to compete the first time to get it going?

I had this problem also. The only two ways around I could see were A) pop in a brief history for the two new competitions you've added - just winners from last year, or B) instead of creating new competitions, just rename the existing ones. That way the history remains intact and you'll have winners for your Super Cup

Is it a bug? Pop-up:"Date of cup round in league cup is too soon after previous stage." But it's not true. I tried anything but the message is always the same.

I was getting this same problem too, but I seem to have fixed it. If it's a group-then-cup competition, have you set the end date of the group stage after the first cup round? I accidentally did that thinking it was the whole competition's end date, and now i've fixed my mistake it works.

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I want to boost a couple of the young arsenal players current ability in the editor. Do i just change the CA number in 'player data' or do i also have to then change some stats to reflect this increase.

Secondly, I want to increase Thomas Vermaelen's Determination and Jumping as well as his CA. How do I do this? Is there a correspinding increase in CA that I have to make when increasing each attribute?

Thanks

How do you set up qualification for continental competitions?

EDIT; Ah, so I don't think it's possible. In that case, if you create a new renationalised league, is it not possible to compete in European Competitions?

If you set up a domestic cup the winner of that will qualify for Euro Cup, all other qualification will be first placed in the top divisio.

So if you have 1 for CL and 3 for Euro Cup, 1st place will win CL, 2nd and 3rd will win Euro Cup along with winner of domestic cup. If winner of domestic cup is also in top 3 places 4th place will qualify. That's how I'm experiencing it at least.

I was getting this same problem too, but I seem to have fixed it. If it's a group-then-cup competition, have you set the end date of the group stage after the first cup round? I accidentally did that thinking it was the whole competition's end date, and now i've fixed my mistake it works.

You're right!! Thank you very much. :)

Another question. What is the difference between "Number Of Qualifying Rounds" and "Cup Rounds"? Whether the number of qualifying rounds is 0 or 1 or 2 etc. test nation rules is always ok.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make a cup that the winners of the leagues for england, spain, italy n scotland or some other league.

I'd want to winners of each to then play a semi-final and final or have them in a quick 4 team league where the winner wins the cup.

Anyone know how to make this?

Good evening, gentlemen,

As you all know Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia are all playable within the game without having to add anything in the editor. I have created Bosnia, Macedonia and Montenegro and they all work wonderfully, but I want the a cup split across the six top flights.

Now, as far as I can see, I can only load one xml file in to the editor at a time, but I need them all loaded in to have the data to create the cross country cup competition.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks in advance,

I have a question regarding adding players to the database. When I do that myself, the editor assign a unique number to the player f.e. 1394631294. I save this to XML.

Now I also have an XML I downloaded somewhere which adds players aswell. It's possible there is a player with the same number in there. Now both XML get loaded into the new game. What happens to these players.

If they get assigned new numbers, is it a random number everytime i start a new game? in this case it will be problematic adding faces to the game.

The same story goes for adding clubs.

Anyone got any answers for a few random issues I'm having?

- Player of the month award seemingly always going to LBs despite having no position set

- Other awards randomly not appearing at all

- Crash dump when trying to load my Cyprus update and the Singapore league

Thanks. :)

Where Should I save files too?

Whether you have created the files yourself or downloaded them they need to be placed in the following locations for them to be loaded into the game.

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

I have created an XML file but it is not appearing in game

Firstly make sure you have saved the file to the editor data file. If this is correct, you should try the following.

Firstly you should delete your cache and then remove the config.xml file from the editor data folder.

How to delete your cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click 'Start'

2. Click your username on the Start Menu

3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'

4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

5. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove any “Football Manager” Folder

The editor data folder is located

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

With so many folders and directories sharing similar (or even the same) titles, it's pretty confusing where to actually find the things you need to: move or; delete; or rename etc...

I understand how you have tried to help. That's great. But for dummies like me, what exactly do we need to delete when we locate the "cache"??? All four folders? The Football Manager 2010 folder itself? Or simply the files in the "cache" folder??

I've tried multiple things now, and the only option upon starting a new games is to choose the "default" db file... i've now got xml files coming out of my a**e!! haha.

My nation rules are coming up as ok but the database is crashing when trying to load a game up.

All I have done is created three new leagues in Wallis and called it FIFA.

Changed clubs to FIFA nationality. Deleted the only city in the nation. Entered tv dates, prize money tv money any ideas?

Thanks

Hi to all.....just wondering how I go about creating a competition for clubs not in the same country(super league/or a mini event)........as I have spent some time looking on/off site for help everything isnt helping so far

so I want to create/add mini tournaments like pre season competitions for clubs instead of touring each pre season a club could host an event

i.e. so you could have a friendly cup as a pre season tourny just off the top here....... even at a neutral venue/set up prize money etc etc

Man U

Barca

Inter

Wolfsburg

all play each other once and then a 3rd 4th play off and final

the ability to change those teams to reflect who won the league each season, would be great but I doubt that would be possible :D

also the same with nations I want to run a UK tournament for the home nations wales/scotland/ireland/..................during season to replace existing friendlies

but I want England to enter a ''B'' team into this..............hope that all this is possible;)

any help is greatly appreciated :)

Trying to create the Icelandic 3rd and 4th tier. From start there's 42 in Icelandic Lower Division (12 of the 3rd tier teams and 23 out of 24 4th tier teams and 7 other teams). For some reason 'test nation rules' protests too few teams (less than 28) in Icelandic Lower Division (after I moved 12 teams to my 3rd tier competition and 23 teams to my 4th tier competition). Even after recreating the cups which I thought could cause this (Icelandic Cup and Icelandic Lower League Cup (only 18 teams there though from the start) the same error message occurs.

Have I missed something obvious? Any idea why?

Is there an idiots guide to creating a Super League around here? It seems totally different to the old editor, sorry. :o

I am glad its not just me then;)

in fairness SI have given us a lot of what we asked for, but the editor as I am seeing it is over complicated, the old editor was far easier/user friendly

if anyone can assist with my earlier question please(copied below)...................be gentle my head hurts:D

Hi to all.....just wondering how I go about creating a competition for clubs not in the same country(super league/or a mini event)........as I have spent some time looking on/off site for help everything isnt helping so far

so I want to create/add mini tournaments like pre season competitions for clubs instead of touring each pre season a club could host an event

i.e. so you could have a friendly cup as a pre season tourny just off the top here....... even at a neutral venue/set up prize money etc etc

Man U

Barca

Inter

Wolfsburg

all play each other once and then a 3rd 4th play off and final

the ability to change those teams to reflect who won the league each season, would be great but I doubt that would be possible

also the same with nations I want to run a UK tournament for the home nations wales/scotland/ireland/..................during season to replace existing friendlies

but I want England to enter a ''B'' team into this..............hope that all this is possible

any help is greatly appreciated

With all this league creator malarkey going on grabbing the headlines has SI removed the create new player/ staff option from the editor? I've been trying to figure out where it's gone to to add some players in that are missing and can't for the life of me figure it out, the old editor was far handier to do things in!

With all this league creator malarkey going on grabbing the headlines has SI removed the create new player/ staff option from the editor? I've been trying to figure out where it's gone to to add some players in that are missing and can't for the life of me figure it out, the old editor was far handier to do things in!

hadnt even noticed that:rolleyes:

yes there is a theme developing here:thdn:

No.

Load the db, go to 'people' and click 'Add'. It then gives you a drop down list of what kind of person to add.

Not too difficult now was it?

Trying to create the Icelandic 3rd and 4th tier. From start there's 42 in Icelandic Lower Division (12 of the 3rd tier teams and 23 out of 24 4th tier teams and 7 other teams). For some reason 'test nation rules' protests too few teams (less than 28) in Icelandic Lower Division (after I moved 12 teams to my 3rd tier competition and 23 teams to my 4th tier competition). Even after recreating the cups which I thought could cause this (Icelandic Cup and Icelandic Lower League Cup (only 18 teams there though from the start) the same error message occurs.

Have I missed something obvious? Any idea why?

I've been having the same problem with the irish lower leagues. I've recreated all the Irish Cups in the hope that it would fix it too but no look there so im guessing the only way to get around this would be to recreate the entire nations structure from scratch

I've been having the same problem with the irish lower leagues. I've recreated all the Irish Cups in the hope that it would fix it too but no look there so im guessing the only way to get around this would be to recreate the entire nations structure from scratch

Open the XML file in notepad and delete the records relating to minimum and maximum number of teams for the divisions you're not longer using.

Hmm I've got a question: I created some clubs and stuff but when I add finances they don't start the way I choose them for example I set a wage bill of 20k but in game I get given 10k and the club is spending 15k on players. Anyone know why?

No.

Load the db, go to 'people' and click 'Add'. It then gives you a drop down list of what kind of person to add.

Not too difficult now was it?

No need for the last line :rolleyes:

KKSON, what do you mean? As in save changes without creating an xml file. I don't think so, although I have not tried. Or do you think you need xml to do so - which you don't, xml is the file type that is created.

Is there someone who can explain to me the use of boundaries. I'm creating the Nigerian League system and their 2nd tier is a division with one northern and one southern sub-division. What city should I place in as the Northern Boundary. Is it the Northernest city in Nigeria or is it the city were the the southern part stops?

Is there someone who can explain to me the use of boundaries. I'm creating the Nigerian League system and their 2nd tier is a division with one northern and one southern sub-division. What city should I place in as the Northern Boundary. Is it the Northernest city in Nigeria or is it the city were the the southern part stops?

You should set boundaries for both divisions. It's best also to set all four boundaries, even if you think only one should be used.

The boundaries effectively describe a geographical box, from within which all the teams for that division should lie; i.e. the northern division must have its southern boundary defined, and the southern division should have its northern boundary defined. You could use the same city for both, but I've tended to allow a little overlap to allow room for balancing.

i have created a new team and added a full squad of new players, i've added this team to the spanish league but when i try to start new game with that team the game crashes. i can pick another team and see my new team and players but if i select information then again the game crashes.

Are there any common issues you know of that my cause this problem, i've gone over everything twice and not sure whats wrong.

Quick question which I hope can be answered easily enough.

I wish to expand a League system down further - as I wouldn't mind expanding just the Oslo League system within Norway downwards as far as probably Division 5 or 6 (the Leagues which feed up into Division 3, Group 3 only).

So - my question is - can we specify into which division a lower division promotes if there are many at that level - as I don't want the clubs from those lower divisions going into any old group at the 3rd Division Level - I want to channel them into just one group

Quick question which I hope can be answered easily enough.

I wish to expand a League system down further - as I wouldn't mind expanding just the Oslo League system within Norway downwards as far as probably Division 5 or 6 (the Leagues which feed up into Division 3, Group 3 only).

So - my question is - can we specify into which division a lower division promotes if there are many at that level - as I don't want the clubs from those lower divisions going into any old group at the 3rd Division Level - I want to channel them into just one group

The answer to the actual question is yes, kinda, by making the groups and clubs regional. However, you can't make an imbalanced structure like that where you only extend one of the legs and not the others because all divisions on a level must have the same number of relegation spots and the number of relegated teams must match the number of promoted teams from the next level. So if you have, say, nine teams that get relegated from your 3rd division groups, and you make a 4th division, it would need to have 9 promotion spots.

Archived