The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Thanks for all your hard work guys, been playing all day and loving it, after the shambles that was 09, I`ve now rekindled my love affair with the game. yes I know people will say its not perfect but to me its like a breath of fresh air once again cheers guys:thup:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fabregas has stagnated. Sure, he's still practically a kid, but he's not exactly progressed that well in the past 2 seasons. He'll improve when he joins Barca.

1000 post !! in this thread anyway yeah! I agree with that

(edit) gedro2 :mad: you took my spot light I thought I made the 1000th post argghhh

two interface issues:

1. more clicks to get to player ratings after a game - this is an important screen and should be the default screen when clicking a result. it's now harder to reach. why?

2. days until next match needs to be back on the home screen! why has it been taken away?! there's enough space.

I'll have to be honest i was really skeptical of this year's version of FM after the shambles that was 09 and to a much lesser extent, 08. After playing around with it for a few hours though, I'll have to say FM 10 looks to be the best ever in the series so far, you guys have done a very good job here. The skin looks well beautiful too.

Cheers SI, you got my 50 bucks yet again come this end of October.

Fabregas is brilliant. I watch him week-in, week-out, and he's the best player I've seen in the Premiership apart from Henry and Bergkamp in his prime (for Arsenal), Ronaldo (for one season) and Alan Shearer. He is underrated in FM. Always has been.

he did not play fantastic last season he did not play that much games Each season FM-CM-FIFA-PES rate people on performances on the season... not the good games they had in other season or the good moments ect .

his rating is what it should be!!! if you didn't watch premiership matches last season don't comment on rating's

whoowo!!! i got my full 30 pounds

my mum gave me 4 pounds now to make my 26 pounds to 30 !!!! for school which I will use for FM 10 instead of stupid expensive food

Completed now I'm going put it in my piggy bank :D

I did. Almost every single one. I'm a season ticket holder. His work rate is awesome and he's the pivot of the team...

Oh :thup:... well if you think he work rate was awesome you should change his stats when the game editor is out.

Love it so far. Match engine is great. However, crowds look a little too big compared to the players, but no big deal.

Only thing that really bothered me: Very hard to find the european club coeffiecient and nation coeffecient views. Took me about 10 minutes to find them. Otherwise I like the new UI.

New interface is so-so, good at some points, and unnecessary complicated at other.

And why on Earth is Goal updates box even smaller (in height-only one row one) than in FM09. You should make it so at least 4-5 latest goals can be seen. It's very important in decisive matches not to miss any goals from other stadiums.

Not sure if anyone's spotted this yet (and as far as I know, this wasn't in FM09 but I could be wrong), check out the subs warming up on the 3D engine. They're actually doing thigh stretches and things! :D

Also, have you seen the keepers motioning people to go forward when they are taking goal kicks? I was suitably impressed! I just hope its not a match display "quirk" :D

Is anyone else finding the ball hard to see on Low graphic detail?

Apart from that this game is awesome.

I'm in the analysis screen just now. What a great way to find out how your tactics are working out.

The more I play, the less I like.

The issues introduced in FM08 are still there. A few "flashy" moves have been added to the ME, but it's still sub-standard. To be honest, that's the opposite of "polish", that's "let's put some tinsel on it and hope nobody notices".

GOOD Overall but

UI is not really that great, too many clicks to get to different screens. TBH not an improvement.

Other than that brilliant.

My favourite has got to be the new Backroom Feedback. GREAT feature.

Will be buying this.

Strangely enough sol campbell went to west brom for me too!

The more I play, the less I like.

The issues introduced in FM08 are still there. A few "flashy" moves have been added to the ME, but it's still sub-standard. To be honest, that's the opposite of "polish", that's "let's put some tinsel on it and hope nobody notices".

Sub standard compared to.....? Championship Manager? I think not. Its the best ME there is around in my opinion.

GOOD Overall but

UI is not really that great, too many clicks to get to different screens. TBH not an improvement.

Other than that brilliant.

My favourite has got to be the new Backroom Feedback. GREAT feature.

Will be buying this.

Strangely enough sol campbell went to west brom for me too!

Same on my demo aswell :thup:

Fabregas at the start of season will be not good or kind of rocky but after a while he will be improved ect .. it happens with Torres in my game save a lot in 1st game of season in pre match he played Bad so I subbed him off

Can someone from SI explain please which instruction is active when two contradicting instructions are shown as active in the touchline tactics' box?

Also, great players ask minimum wages for contracts. Is that true for everyone? This is a game breaking bug.

I have yet to see a player dribble past an opponent. Have any of you playing the demo see something like that or will we have to suffer -for one more year- a completely unrealistic representation of technical gifted footballers?

Can someone from SI explain please which instruction is active when two contradicting instructions are shown as active in the touchline tactics' box?

Also, great players ask minimum wages for contracts. Is that true for everyone? This is a game breaking bug.

I have yet to see a player dribble past an opponent. Have any of you playing the demo see something like that or will we have to suffer -for one more year- a completely unrealistic representation of technical gifted footballers?

No wingers etc do dribble by defenders but not in the style ronaldo mite etc hopefully the animations on this will improve in the future :thup:

Minimum wage bug : happening to lots of people -true. I think S.I will fix it in there patch since lots of people are saying it :thup:

dribbling past a opponent: I have seen one in my match

Last Monday I was reading through the blogs again, when suddenly I was thinking, Oh boy this years complaints will be even worse then last years.

Now after playing about 9 hours with the demo I must say, I'm impressed... Really the best demo version yet.

The new skin will need some getting used to still but I'm already liking it above previous ones.

The ME feels already good imo and will probably even improve when patches come out.

No game breaking bugs yet and it seems that transfers are much more realistic at first sight.

It's certainly faster than 09 I've tested it.

The tactics editor is brilliant and imo the best new feature in this years version.

The 3D polishing like adding crowds, better looking stadiums, added animations, etc. where expected, but those little details like moving nets and away crowd celebrating a goal just left me laughing of joy. (must say I didn't watch the last matches Miles posted in his blog, so this was new to me)

It really feels alive when it comes to backroom staff, I love the amount of tips they give and it really makes life simpler to me.

I probably lost most of my time searching for players to improve my squad and in the end I signed two players that my staff recommended.

To describe my perfect evening "One more match honey, I promise..." Wife shouting back "You can sleep on the sofa if you don't get here in 5 mins!", me thinking "Thank You!" ;)

Last Monday I was reading through the blogs again, when suddenly I was thinking, Oh boy this years complaints will be even worse then last years.

I got to agree with the post above on the part when he said that oh boy this years complaints will be even worse then last years (not by features but by amount of bugs because of amount of changes.

Well yeah i know wot your saying but thats classed as a dribble like i say hopefully the dribbling animations will get better over time :D

I don't actually care for dribbling animations at this point. I just want my technical gifted players to be able to dribble past opponents, even if it means passing through them.

I just can't believe that this is still not happening in the game. This may also explain in an indirect way why there are no statistics of the runs made in the analysis tool.

Major, major disappointment.

Overall I have to say that the game feels better than 09. It's entirely up to the individual to go in to as little or as much depth tactically as you like. The basic pre-sets seem well thought out and appear to work ok. Time will tell if using the advanced options will have much of an impact.

The interface will take a bit of getting used to, although it seems to be a bit of a homage to the early versions of CM. I'm sure I'll get used to it, especially since it seems very logical with the tabs at the top.

Match engine is pretty good. The players do seem to respond to the touchline commands which is very impressive. The only thing I have picked up on is the number of attempted through balls. There seems to be a very high proportion of the "threaded" ball. Most don't come to much, but there are a heck of a lot of one on ones that are caught by the defence through striker dithering.

Overall really impressed (I do like the player biographies), and why do all the refs seems to be confrontational and short tempered? ;)

Ok, I found something not correct in this game. Not sure if this has been done to be politically correct, or if this is random. However in 5 matches, in English Division 2, all 5 referee's have had reports at the end of the game saying that had an excellent game - I'm sorry, but I watch league two football as a season ticket holder. You are lucky if you get one ref in a season who is excellent, normally they are shocking!!

Feedback: Excellent. I am playing the the vanilla demo and it really quick. the gameplay is brilliant and far more realistic and not near as arbitrary as FM09. The new tactics system is the best part. I know someone will flame me saying it makes it too easy, but does it? Instead of sifting through a host of little bars setting points you can just set the role and tweek to your own specifics from there on in. It makes sence. The previous system had become so laboursome the fun was going out of the game with the hours you had to spend setting up tactics that may at the end of the day be completley useless. The touchline instructions are also excellent. You can see them taking effecting by what is represents on the pitch. I felt in-game tweeks in past games may have brought about the changes to the result you required but were not adequately reflected on screen. Great job Guy, great job. No bugs or incidents to report of yet.

I quite like the new version. Lots of pluses. The biggest to me is that the whole game actually feels quicker as the options are much more accessible.

The screens do look a bit busy though and it's probably even more off putting to newbies than it was before. I'm still a bit 'hmm' about the match graphics. News centre is good and a big improvement but Fifa Manager news web page looked better.

Will see how it goes!

I've been accused of accusing SI of copying CM's data. To clarify for everyone to see, it was a little joke in the post that someone interpreted as an accusation, tbh at the time I didn't even see it as that. Besides, CM probably copied it from here, and even then they didn't do it right, some of the players are missing at Cray Wanderers and Jamie Wood was transfer listed. And for that alone they deserve to be shot.

Got a good impression so far from the game. Speed i can't really judge yet (i run loadsa leagues instead of a simple small database quickstart), but it all looks quite mint :).

Some things take a bit more time to do (for example, select multiple players and then put them on the same training schedule, quite a bit more mouse movement needed in 2010. And of course the player ratings are harder to get to), but like i said, generally looks quite nice

I know they said it would take about an hour to get use to the new UI but it just seems that lots of extra clicks were added. I can't get to my squad screen or scouting screen etc. in one click anymore. I need to click on my team name and from there go to Squad etc. Not that this is a huge issue but I would have thought after doing usability studies that adding clicks wouldn't be a good thing.

This. It all seems a lot less intuitive. There's a lot of stuff I can't find. I just holidayed a friendly and then wanted to see the player ratings for it, but couldn't find them anywhere and gave up.

Archived