Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

7 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Yeah I've seen overturned pens but that's almost always because the foul was outside of the box. Extremely rare to see a pen given then not because no foul - in my experience, it's mostly because the foul was on the edge then they give a free kick.

And yeah you've noticed the linesman thing. The moment you see him flag, you know it's offside despite VAR checks, always offside. Similar with some skins, the scorer name is on the scoreboard and that's how you know its a goal - if the name doesn't appear on the scoresheet then offside lol so you know decisions before VAR concludes

I see a lot of overturned pens clearly in the box as well. More than the ones where a foul happens on the line. The animations of course are not great and you can't really tell by the replay, but it's nice to have the overturns

Maybe I'm just lucky. :confused:

Edited by makavali

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I dreaming or the 'Give Injection' option has disappeared? I don't recall seeing one and I just noticed it as I'm in an injury crisis lol. 

Is there a way to do it? I can't seem to find anything regarding them 

7 hours ago, makavali said:

Am I dreaming or the 'Give Injection' option has disappeared? I don't recall seeing one and I just noticed it as I'm in an injury crisis lol. 

Is there a way to do it? I can't seem to find anything regarding them 

Still comes up as an option. Only for certain injuries and only close to a match, but definitely there. Not something you can choose unless it’s there as one of the choices on the injury notification screnn though.

Edited by NineCloudNine

12 minutes ago, LincolnCanary said:

Going to ask this here as I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's intentional but - does anyone else get inundated with AI offers to loan players paying nothing and only offering fringe player for the squad status? It's really very frustrating. 

Yeah, it's been reported in the bugs forum and it's being investigated.

20 horas atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

Yeah I've seen overturned pens but that's almost always because the foul was outside of the box. Extremely rare to see a pen given then not because no foul - in my experience, it's mostly because the foul was on the edge then they give a free kick.

And yeah you've noticed the linesman thing. The moment you see him flag, you know it's offside despite VAR checks, always offside. Similar with some skins, the scorer name is on the scoreboard and that's how you know its a goal - if the name doesn't appear on the scoresheet then offside lol so you know decisions before VAR concludes

Exactly this 

13 horas atrás, makavali disse:

I see a lot of overturned pens clearly in the box as well. More than the ones where a foul happens on the line. The animations of course are not great and you can't really tell by the replay, but it's nice to have the overturns

Maybe I'm just lucky. :confused:

Never seen on my save 

I‘m in season 5 and have just started a ONE MONTH international break from September to October.

The fixtures are getting worse as the seasons go by!

I do not have any mods or add ons that can affect fixtures. 

21 minutes ago, Mst82 said:

I‘m in season 5 and have just started a ONE MONTH international break from September to October.

That's a real life change that's coming I believe, have seen it mentioned before.

4 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

That's a real life change that's coming I believe, have seen it mentioned before.

Wow really? In that case, great work SI 😂

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Mst82 said:

Starting from 2026 onwards there is a new international calendar which has 4 successive fixtures in that period.

This means there is a gap between club fixtures, it's not necessarily a month break for everyone but it can be for some clubs.

This is an intentional change as it is based on the real life planned schedule from 2026 onwards.

24 minutos atrás, Orange2000 disse:

Just wondering, are we expecting a patch in the near future or it will be only in march?

Only march, it's been this way for years. I don't know what I'll do if this patch does not make this game playable. FM23 last patch made it great, I hope this year will happen the same. FM the only game I play, and the current state of the game to me is unplayable. Otherwise, I'll something else to play, maybe Chess. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

5 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

Only march, it's been this way for years. I don't know what I'll do if this patch does not make this game playable. FM23 last patch made it great, I hope this year will happen the same. FM the only game I play, and the current state of the game to me is unplayable. Otherwise, I'll something else to play, maybe Chess. 

I don't think many ME fixes are planned for it which is what it needs to make it similar to other patch 3 FMs... 

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The AI press conference question logic can be SO stupid and is SO immersion breaking its actually terrible. A few years in the future and I am playing as Roma. I have already won this seasons league title with 4 games to go, and have 2 of the league games left to play but they are obviously meaningless. I have also just played and won the Copa Italia LAST GAME, and have the Champions League final in about a week. I have a league game next against Spezia who are 10th.

In the press conference before the Spezia game I get asked and I quote "How are you feeling ahead of what is arguably Roma's biggest match of the season?"

Just laughable....

Screenshot2024-01-31at4_55_13PM.thumb.png.4902363468cd91431b9afc45616b007a.png

Darwin Nuñez just hit the woodwork 4 times in a game, breaking the Premier League ‘record’ held by 3 players. I believe that’s 12 woodwork hits for him this season.

I’d say it was scripted if it wasn’t real life! :stop:

Edited by NineCloudNine

13 hours ago, LincolnCanary said:

Going to ask this here as I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's intentional but - does anyone else get inundated with AI offers to loan players paying nothing and only offering fringe player for the squad status? It's really very frustrating. 

I've see this. Are you playing the vanilla game or do you have third party files installed?

As a human player its still way too easy to sign all your targets way in advance. Assuming you have identified your targets you can have everyone signed for the next window within a week of the current window closing. Has there been a discussion on how this can be dialled down without making yourself not sign players. I appreciate some deals get done early IRL but not with the ease we see in game. I feel like more players should be refusing to discuss a move too early, especially if they are at a team doing well or with something still to play for. I know players keeping options open is a thing but not enough is made of it. I want to see negotiations drag on for ages while agents drum up activity.......clubs really dragging their feet with offers. It's all too quick and easy currently. 

Edited by janrzm

11 hours ago, xOGxTerror said:

The AI press conference question logic can be SO stupid and is SO immersion breaking its actually terrible. A few years in the future and I am playing as Roma. I have already won this seasons league title with 4 games to go, and have 2 of the league games left to play but they are obviously meaningless. I have also just played and won the Copa Italia LAST GAME, and have the Champions League final in about a week. I have a league game next against Spezia who are 10th.

In the press conference before the Spezia game I get asked and I quote "How are you feeling ahead of what is arguably Roma's biggest match of the season?"

Just laughable....

Agree. This happens all the time and is incredibly annoying 

16 hours ago, janrzm said:

As a human player its still way too easy to sign all your targets way in advance. Assuming you have identified your targets you can have everyone signed for the next window within a week of the current window closing. Has there been a discussion on how this can be dialled down without making yourself not sign players. I appreciate some deals get done early IRL but not with the ease we see in game. I feel like more players should be refusing to discuss a move too early, especially if they are at a team doing well or with something still to play for. I know players keeping options open is a thing but not enough is made of it. I want to see negotiations drag on for ages while agents drum up activity.......clubs really dragging their feet with offers. It's all too quick and easy currently. 

I know this answer enrages some people, but… just don’t do it then? 
:larry:

Edited by NineCloudNine

When you gonna put out product that players deserve ?

Every single year....the same ****.

How man games its normal to you ,this to happen ? 

How many games its normal to you , for me to receive goal ,after mine is disallowed ? I can't show when in game i hit the woodwork , but after my players hit the woodwork , next highlight is a goal for my opposition.

This is 15 games into the season. And they won't be the last ones.

I can post screenshots from every save i do with different teams and its the same thing.

By this point its just insulting our intelligence , not a bad product.

For you SI , this is what we deserve, year after year ? 

That is what we get for our money? 

THANKS !!!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

after goal.png

after goal1.png

after goal2.png

after goal3.png

after goal4.png

1 hour ago, NineCloudNine said:

I know this answer enrages some people, but… just don’t do it then? 
:larry:

Like I try to avoid certain overpowered roles/formations/instructions.......like the one rule I do always force on myself where I'll never buy a player if I can't imagine that transfer IRL. 

That said, I think you've missed the point there to some extent. Of course I could and indeed do restrain myself (sometimes...:lol:) But, there's a whole dynamic around transfer drama, the frustration, the elation etc that's being untapped and essentially watered down. For me, this links directly into the challenges around game difficulty and a point I've made on here many times before. Most players just want to win at the game and in turn they want to always get their transfer targets, squad building is arguably one of the games biggest attractions, taking those things away from people and making it more realistic and more challenging doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with that.

2 minutes ago, Mobius said:

Don't sign players?

Don't do what @janrzm described:

As a human player its still way too easy to sign all your targets way in advance. Assuming you have identified your targets you can have everyone signed for the next window within a week of the current window closing.

1 minute ago, NineCloudNine said:

Seems like you need to take this up with @janrzm. He's the one suggesting that there's a problem.

Please don't mention me in your comments if they aren't constructive, thanks. 

2 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Seems like you need to take this up with @janrzm. He's the one suggesting that there's a problem.

Ah sorry you had replied to him and me, so I thought you were part of this discussion

Ah, this game, i love it so i hate it.

Hours upon hours you spend time fiddling with a tactic that is entirely sound but your player (or the ME) make it so you see nothing of it.

Running into the opposing player and not the space, passing when should running, running when should passing, cuddling 2 or 3 players on the very same spot leaving vast spaces to exploit for the opponents, not shooting on the biggest chances and defending like it is a sin and goalkeeping a curse.

And you sit there and wonder what and why and fiddle and fiddle and fiddle wasting seasons bcs sometimes it runs well until it doesnt.

And FINALLY it makes click and there is 1 or 2 changes that make all the pieces of the puzzle fall into their place and football occurs and that is when you love this game!

PS: Btw, i have -23 CCC (the opponents have almost 2 ccc for every 1 ccc of mine) yet overachieve and have 30+ goals on my GD stat.

Edited by Etebaer

This game is so stupid.......

Win 9-1 the first leg of UCL Semi finals.

Start loosing on the second and you cant even push your players to play, as they think they still winning big......

proceed to loose the match 4-1 while your players just display a lack of wanting to play....

but you can't say anything bad to them or they'll be overwelmed.................

whoever decided 2 legs should count as 1 match hopefully not in charge of the same things for next version.,.....

19 minutos atrás, KamyKaze disse:

This game is so stupid.......

Win 9-1 the first leg of UCL Semi finals.

Start loosing on the second and you cant even push your players to play, as they think they still winning big......

proceed to loose the match 4-1 while your players just display a lack of wanting to play....

but you can't say anything bad to them or they'll be overwelmed.................

whoever decided 2 legs should count as 1 match hopefully not in charge of the same things for next version.,.....

This is realistic though. It's human nature. Expecting your players to not be lazy the 2nd leg after winning the 1st 9-1 is very weird. Even the most motivated player in the world would be lazy. I mean, 9-1...

1 hour ago, Rodrigogc said:

This is realistic though. It's human nature. Expecting your players to not be lazy the 2nd leg after winning the 1st 9-1 is very weird. Even the most motivated player in the world would be lazy. I mean, 9-1...

I don’t think that’s the problem. It’s that you can’t tell them to sort themselves out when they are 1-4 down since the game thinks they are winning comfortably because of the aggregate score, so telling them off hurts their digital feelings.

14 minutos atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

I don’t think that’s the problem. It’s that you can’t tell them to sort themselves out when they are 1-4 down since the game thinks they are winning comfortably because of the aggregate score, so telling them off hurts their digital feelings.

Yeah, I was talking about the behavior of the players, which I find normal. Telling them off and them overreacting to me seems like a problem that derives from the other interactions that people have often complained about here. If they fix the whinny players, I think this will be fixed as a byproduct. It seems just the general problem of weird interactions in this version. If not fixed after the patch, things will get nasty in this forum. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

vor 3 Stunden schrieb shifthappens:

keepers still play some of the most outrageous passes that lead to first time shots from strikers even though they're under 0 pressure.

I found in my saves that GKs do make less errors when quick distribution is disabled/not chosen.

But for real...this ME is critically sensible and you often dont know what the key issue is like bad distribution can anything GK unrelated but a team setup issue that makes them bad for receiving GK passes, throws etc.

Changing the role of 1 player leads to completey different tactical interpetations of the ME like chaning a midcenter AP to DLP will completey change you game.

And this is the first ME where i currently have a HB working well...

Edited by Etebaer

6 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Does anyone else find "prevent short distribution from GK" hit and miss? 

Here is my team not bothering to do it before a goal is scored from back to front:

image.png.4b4f1f73f2e6bccf2b1d81cfeeadc6cb.png

image.png.7208d6cbce2390bffa25b08279e34282.png

Yeah i noticed since last FM that they the front 3 dont press as high as they should... All hope is now on FM25...

I know thats a familiar complaint but as long as its not fixed, people will continue to complain.. Of course some will say they dont experience it. I dont experince in some leagues or some matches too, and not in every career.

But in my current career in France as Lyon, i started to win against everyone like 4-0, 5-0, im literally putting my tactic defensive after scoring 1 or 2 goals so that i dont score more every match.. Because its very unrealistic when you score 20-25 goals in 5 matches. Even if you have a really good squad (well not PSG level) and even if you have a gegenpress tactic... When will this fixed? Why are people being ignored? I dont think there is a need to upload the save. I'm playing a gegenpress football but this cant justify it. Do we really have to wait until new match engine?