Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

31 minutes ago, JohnWolves said:

Anyone has a problem with scouting recomendations? I dont receive even single one from my scouts. Only if i pick some players to check then i receive a report, f.e. i send scout to Scandinavian country, 3 months - 0 players.  Am I doing something wrong?

Yep, everyone has this this issue. Presume they'll patch it in the next update. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize this is hardly any game time at all, but what does a wide target man actually do? With 15 min or so left in my game trying to lower my risk taking I set my WAM to target man and told goalie to play it out to target man. In those 15+4 minutes of added time, not a single ball was played towards him. Not one. By any player on my team. Even on goal kicks, which I would assume would be the most basic implementation of the instruction, the goalie played it elsewhere. Wasn't close either, so it's not like it was by accident. Genuinely felt more like I was using a Wide Avoid This Man role.

Edited by trviggo

1 hour ago, JohnWolves said:

Anyone has a problem with scouting recomendations? I dont receive even single one from my scouts. Only if i pick some players to check then i receive a report, f.e. i send scout to Scandinavian country, 3 months - 0 players.  Am I doing something wrong?

make you you have any tactic selected and reduce the stars. if nothing then just go to scouted players and search there.

1 hour ago, JohnWolves said:

minimum ability 1*, in scouted players 0 recomendations (except this, which I marked to scout)

image.png.69da77d9706846c580734d2a8d58141a.png

change this to say any. If nothing shows up there's still players in players scouted. they just haven't met the min grade of being recommended for various reasons (contract, value, interest etc). You'll have to manually look for them there.

On 20/12/2023 at 06:47, Zachary Whyte said:

I needed to show this off, while unfortunately offside, one of the best goals I've seen in FM! :D

FM GOAL GIF.gif

While it is a tremendous goal i cant help thinking whu a player would take that option when he could of controlled and shot or passed it to the player near him . For this reasoning im finding many goals are way to over powerered in there delivery of shots . There doesnt seem to be any finesse in front of the goals . Occasionally you might get a close shot goal but it seems like its 85% power goals in this game . Even goal of the month or year in the Awards section are all power shots from 25-30m out 

The match engine is very boring since last update and same problem i can have 20 shots on target very good xG but only 3 goals

they've done something to the game which won't allow you to score more than 5 goals even if u have 20 shots on target and you will  rarely score from long range

I want a challenge but theres something not right about this years game

can you atleast improve the stadiums its been the same sort of stadiums for so many years make them more realistic and improve player graphics  also give managers more freedom in the game

atleast allow us to add a managers picture,  arrange cup games with a presentation at the end theres so much more that could have been added to this game   also  I feel like my team instructions and tactics have no real impact even when I'm winning its like the result is already been made before the game has even kicked off

5 minutes ago, chris72 said:

The match engine is very boring since last update and same problem i can have 20 shots on target very good xG but only 3 goals

they've done something to the game which won't allow you to score more than 5 goals even if u have 20 shots on target and you will  rarely score from long range

can you atleast improve the stadiums its been the same sort of stadiums for so many years make them more realistic and improve player graphics  also give managers more freedom in the game

atleast allow us to add a managers picture,  arrange cup games with a presentation at the end theres so much more that could have been added to this game   also  I feel like my team instructions and tactics have no real impact even when I'm winning its like the result is already been made before the game has even kicked off

Most people reporting more long range goals than usual. It's at a good level in my experience.

My xG is always within a goal of actual.

8 hours ago, alian62 said:

While it is a tremendous goal i cant help thinking whu a player would take that option when he could of controlled and shot or passed it to the player near him . For this reasoning im finding many goals are way to over powerered in there delivery of shots . There doesnt seem to be any finesse in front of the goals . Occasionally you might get a close shot goal but it seems like its 85% power goals in this game . Even goal of the month or year in the Awards section are all power shots from 25-30m out 

He knew he was offside so just thought sod it and went for the spectacular

12 hours ago, alian62 said:

Where did you get this '85%s'?,,It's a good goal mate, I've seen a lot of placed shots I don't think it's a concern,they aren't more than pwr or normal shots even IRL,Maybe he knew he was off and went for it or he has it in him a lot of similiar instances in real life when players choose the harder or unexpected choice,see this placed shot and maybe watch more highlights or other teams matches for more

Edited by Davienene

23 hours ago, pepassi said:

How does everyone deal with scouting?
I am currenly in my 3rd save that went 6+ years ( home post op recovery, don't judge :)), and my scouts just refuse to do actual work. Half of my scouts are on 19-25 old players with 2,5 stars ca/pa. 2 countries per scout -> maybe 5 players per position are actually scouted (atleast reasonable knowledge) and none of them are  better than the players i have right now ( i am Motherwell and we just made CL proper for the first time,my best player would MAYBE start for brighton IRL).
The other half scouts 15-19 silver CA stars, atleast 4 gold PA stars, 3 countries per scout - i have ONLY 40 players that match that criteira scouted , 1/2 are only MAX 4 stars, 5 of them look like actual wonderkids. I have done scouting like this in every FM and i always loved it. I HATE AND I DO NOT WANT TO DO MANUAL SCOUTING,it completely destroys the point of having good scouts and network.  I can't sell any of my overvalued players because i don't have any replacements scouted. Is there anything that i can do ( bar manual scouting), or should i just leave another save and start a different one with attribute masking off?

My Scouts generate some reports, but it is way slower, then FM23.
 I do use 5 times the same recruitmentfocus, only thing important is to uncheck this box (red circle) and manualy assign scouts/analysts.
Obviously you don't want to set anything other then the bare minimum CA and only 2,5 PA.image.thumb.png.31a3ab7c40d6e75ef530f1c1662ac445.pngimage.png.8464063f8904c0802552f45a7e8788c4.pngimage.thumb.png.a2366e8010aef3d2f35f2199ef6956b2.png

18 hours ago, trviggo said:

I realize this is hardly any game time at all, but what does a wide target man actually do? With 15 min or so left in my game trying to lower my risk taking I set my WAM to target man and told goalie to play it out to target man. In those 15+4 minutes of added time, not a single ball was played towards him. Not one. By any player on my team. Even on goal kicks, which I would assume would be the most basic implementation of the instruction, the goalie played it elsewhere. Wasn't close either, so it's not like it was by accident. Genuinely felt more like I was using a Wide Avoid This Man role.

What was your general passing length set to? If you want to play long balls out to him, maybe change your passing length to long?

Did you have retain possession turned on?

Was your mentality set to cautious?

Was the target man set to Support role?

Ik not an expert but those are my first thoughts

Edited by 2feet

8 hours ago, chris72 said:

Its well documented that the stadiums won't be improved until a better graphics engine comes along next year

1 hour ago, Davienene said:

Where did you get this '85%s'?,,It's a good goal mate, I've seen a lot of placed shots I don't think it's a concern,they aren't more than pwr or normal shots even IRL,Maybe he knew he was off and went for it or he has it in him a lot of similiar instances in real life when players choose the harder or unexpected choice,see this placed shot and maybe watch more highlights or other teams matches for more

It's actually not a good goal as its offside . The 85% is just an estimate of what I experience in the game . But again why take a risk shot rather than a calculated one . Any coach would take him off the field if he missed and tell him to pull his head in . But a great shot indeed but alas not a goal 

Why does a pressing forward on support duty have "hold up ball" locked on? What connection is there between the two that the role can't exist without holding up the ball like a target man? 

Same goes for deep lying forward roles, which all have 'holds up ball' locked on. Del Piero? Mutu? Raul? Zola? 

Edited by whatsupdoc

I think one reason most meta tactics involve a goalscoring C-AM or striker is that inside forwards are too deep in possession (and non possession) and aren't making a lot of penetrating runs. 

Majority of goals I'm seeing from them are back post headers. 

Trying to make a false 9 and IFs in a 4-3-3 work has been torturous. Very few goals. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

11 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

I think one reason most meta tactics involve a goalscoring AM or striker is that inside forwards are too deep in possession (and non possession) and aren't making a lot of penetrating runs. 

Majority of goals I'm seeing from them are back post headers. 

Trying to make a false 9 and IFs in a 4-3-3 work has been torturous. Very few goals. 

IF role at least in this year move inside without the ball when the ball passed the halfway line (not always) and so with this movement he creates space for WBs to overlap. Also for many years in FM the most dangerous crosses was the lowest ones and I think it doesn't matter where they go. Sometimes they go into near post and sometimes into far post, if they received by your player 80% will be a goal.

Edited by dzek

• SI Staff
34 minutes ago, dzek said:

IF role at least in this year move inside without the ball when the ball passed the halfway line (not always) and so with this movement he creates space for WBs to overlap. Also for many years in FM the most dangerous crosses was the lowest ones and I think it doesn't matter where they go. Sometimes they go into near post and sometimes into far post, if they received by your player 80% will be a goal.

Just to note to everyone regarding this, your IF movement could be affected by if you have a player rotating into the "AMC" position on their side of the pitch. 

The IF is going to seek to stay a little wider then previously in FM if you have a rotating player going into the AMC position or area on their side.

For example in a 4-3-3 if your LW is a IF, and your LCM is a AP-A, the AP-A will be moving forwards forcing the IF to stay wider.

Also in a 4-2-3-1 if you have LW as IF but your AMC is being moved across to the left by a Segundo Volante rotating from RCDM , the AMC will move to the AMCL position seeking to make a 2 player partnership. This will now force the IF to stay a little wider.

image.thumb.png.8f5bfa45b980d6418948fe8809570ff4.png

image.thumb.png.b1505ac19d58584ea60dcde7e74df974.png

I've not been on the forum in a while. Has it been picked up that young players are still not developing well and squad building is still poor? These were both reported as improvements but in 2028 I still see the same problems as FM23. Most international squads have no regens and the squad are 27+ in age. 

31 minutes ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Just to note to everyone regarding this, your IF movement could be affected by if you have a player rotating into the "AMC" position on their side of the pitch. 

The IF is going to seek to stay a little wider then previously in FM if you have a rotating player going into the AMC position or area on their side.

For example in a 4-3-3 if your LW is a IF, and your LCM is a AP-A, the AP-A will be moving forwards forcing the IF to stay wider.

Also in a 4-2-3-1 if you have LW as IF but your AMC is being moved across to the left by a Segundo Volante rotating from RCDM , the AMC will move to the AMCL position seeking to make a 2 player partnership. This will now force the IF to stay a little wider.

But if no player rotates to the AM position then the IF will sit narrower right? The same applies when we have a player at the AM position with no movement from behind?

Edited by dzek

3 hours ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Thanks for that Jack, I'm having trouble getting the IFs to take the space left by a false 9. Playing a 4-3-3 with one RPM in centre mid and one CM(a). Any insights or tips to encourage that type of movement appreciated!

Edited by whatsupdoc

3 hours ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Hi Jack

This is really useful to know, thanks

But I was wondering, is there a way that insights like this could be incorporated into the game itself, rather than on forums?

Its so useful to understand how things like this work, but I could never have really learned it just from watching a game.

For example, maybe your assistant manger could inform you of such insights via chats? Or some other method that improves immersion in the game?

• SI Staff
37 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Hi Jack

This is really useful to know, thanks

But I was wondering, is there a way that insights like this could be incorporated into the game itself, rather than on forums?

Its so useful to understand how things like this work, but I could never have really learned it just from watching a game.

For example, maybe your assistant manger could inform you of such insights via chats? Or some other method that improves immersion in the game?

Hi,

I’ll have to get back to you another time or get Jack Joyce to reply to you about the incorporation stuff you’ve mentioned, but this specific information was explained in the Positional play rotations feature blog that was published prior to the game being released.

IMG_2114.jpeg.d8b2b4bb0143deebe8e1c2b275d169bf.jpeg

https://www.footballmanager.com/features/truer-football-motion-match-authenticity-positional-play

1 hora atrás, 2feet disse:

Thanks

But this kind of proves my point.

Very few people are going to remember that once upon a time a post somewhere on some webpage or forum a paragraph was written about Inside Forward behaviour.

The fact people are coming on forums posting for help with the problem proves it.

So why dont you make a 'Consult Assistant Manager' option inside the game?

You click this option and it opens up a chat where you can get your assistant to explain some things about how different roles or positions work to clear up any confusion or issues I might be having with my formation and tactics?

Asst Manager: Hi Jeff, how can I help?

Me: I've been struggling for results and need some advice on where I might be going wrong

Asst Manager: do you want to discuss: 1) data analysis, or 2) behaviour of players in a formation

Me: 2

Asst Manager: Which position on the pitch do you want to discuss? GK, LB, CB, RB, LCM, CM, RCM, AMC, LW, RW, STR ?

Me: LW

Asst Manager: Which roles in LW would you like to discuss? Inverted Forward, Winger, Raumdeuter, Advance Playmaker, Inverted Winger

Me: Inverted Forward

Asst Manager: What is the problem you are having with the LW IF? Staying wide too often? Not shooting enough? over dribbling?

Me: Staying wide too often

Asst Manager: OK Jeff, there are a few factors that can influence this and im going to mention one or two for you. Something to be aware of is that an IF staying wide can be due to a rotating player in the CM position on the same side as the IF. So ff the CM player moves up into the AMC position then the IF will stay wider in order to accommodate all the players in that stratum.... etc etc

If SI Games made this an option in the game, and packed this chat with lots of useful insightful information, then it would make the game so much more immersive and rewarding.

The higher the tactical knowledge rating of the assistant manager, the more explanations he can offer.

And there could be a limit imposed on how often you can use this consulting option, maybe you can only consult in this way once a week for example (I've got to get back to my duties now Jeff)

Wouldn't this be so much better?

In fact that would be a great way of adding some usefulness to the assistant manager. I myself only use him to do press conferences and nothing more :lol:. This thing about him giving advice is present in almost every simulator, like Sim City where you have the ministers giving you advice and all. In FM I find Staff almost useless. 

7 hours ago, rjc111 said:

I've not been on the forum in a while. Has it been picked up that young players are still not developing well and squad building is still poor? These were both reported as improvements but in 2028 I still see the same problems as FM23. Most international squads have no regens and the squad are 27+ in age. 

I would say young players are developing in my save. Had a player with 85 CA at the start of my first season and he's now over 110 CA  2nd seasons. 

Very happy that there is now a Light Skin available - much thx to the creator:

After the latest patch i made in my new save some adjustments to my tactic and simply by changing the role of a single player i made a reasonably working well tactic into a completely unstoppable winning monster that hugely overperforms.

No change to anything else than 1 single role of 1 single player...now i scored 2 to 3 times the goals from b4 with no better team - alle the same players.

Tell me the ME is not most sensible to changes!  :D

Happy holidays!

Edited by Etebaer

One thing that's been in game for a few years now is when playing a pre season friendly and you make a load of subs, the majority of the subs would rather have stayed on the bench instead of playing. I've never understood this mentality.

Another half a season done (2025) and I'm certain the game is too easy. Won every game domestically while scoring 59 and conceding 8. I'm playing 18-year-olds most of the time and rotate a lot. My best player's value has a value of a million at best, yet I'm two ice ages ahead of my rivals. An honorable mention goes to last season, when I got to the Europa League play-off round with a squad made up of Latvian players where I lost the tie to Braga in the closing minutes. During the league stage, I drew to Monaco away and beat Freiburg at home. Bleh.

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 01.13.45.png

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 01.17.48.png

Il 23/12/2023 in 11:12 , rjc111 ha scritto:

I wanted to buy the game but I'd like to know this first

1 hora atrás, pedrosantos disse:

Just won 22-0 against Celta Vigo for La Liga :idiot:the problem is Celta does not have players signed to play in La Liga, so they presented themselves to the match with only 6 players :confused:

Mostra aí o print do jogo pf

On 23/12/2023 at 10:59, Jack Sarahs said:

Not sure if this would be be impacted by the "rotations" changes but I'm trying to get the AML to look for passes into the space below:

image.thumb.png.5e8ab808a40748f3884a75b3904032dd.png

Setup is this:

image.png.3839a20210aa4cb7e4bd971da24df817.png

As far as I can see there should be lots of impetus for that run to happen. We have 'pass into space', 'be more disciplined', very direct passing, a low line, a false 9 dragging players away. There are no others players set to run in behind for a direct / through pass.  The player himself has the standard IF(a) role, high off the ball, accel/pace, decisions, work rate, he's right footed, he has the "likes to beat offside trap" PPM. 

I see a lot of switching of the ball into wide areas rather than the attempted ball over the top for the AML, and I don't see the AML making that run a lot. I see him generally staying wide until the final third. 

image.thumb.png.c83e785c5c8daa04a5827fba2a487f72.png

image.thumb.png.5247f72a1fc39a0c90f17c67ea44ea3b.png

image.thumb.png.88eb42c732d399c189eea29ec9af1b1e.png

Even if I set the mentality to very attacking I can't seem to get anyone to try that pass or the player to make the run.

image.thumb.png.49d38cf14f064f21957b37b6c17af054.png

image.thumb.png.caf8a86d9772cd8b5726f35da801a87c.png

Here's 45 mins (unsuccessful passes only) from my semi professional team who try to hit that pass. 

image(1).png.0c3357e3e29ee34d899dc6da678a186d.png

Edited by whatsupdoc

1 minute ago, fc.cadoni said:

Happy Holidays people! :brock:

You gave up on FMB?

Speaking of, was preping for my next game with United, and I saw bunch of my players are "unhappy" and they are supporting Marcus Rashford. Alright, fair enough, but why? I clicked on the tooltip and it showed he was unhappy because United are looking there ain't enough quality in GK position, even though my goalkeeper won GK of the Year award. But the worst thing is - I didn't get any popup/message about his concerns. I didn't even have a chance to change his mind

I checked messages 3 times and there's no notice. Loaded save that is saved 3 days before "today" and everything is normal.

Oh, and players telling you about being unhappy about their playing time at the beginning of the August. Like.. that is not normal, is it?

On 23/12/2023 at 20:12, rjc111 said:

8 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

I wanted to buy the game but I'd like to know this first

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/finances-training-medical-and-development-centres/ai-squad-building-is-still-terrible-seems-exactly-the-same-as-fm-23-r16983/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-130377

On 23/12/2023 at 07:43, iAlwaysWin said:

Fantastic! Another slow and boring match engine, granted the match engine released at the beginning had problems but at least it wasnt boring, another FM ive wasted money on and refuse to play yet again, thats 2 years running now.

See. This is what I'm looking for. I'm on the fence if i should buy it or not. I'm still playing 2022. Ill wait and see what people have to say after the next update i guess. I'm not saying one person moaning should stop me from buying it but i  haven't seen a lot good/bad opinions .

Em 23/12/2023 em 06:17, Mr Tonio disse:

Podemos ter o beta ME de volta? Alguém se importa em compartilhar um backup e os meios para instalá-lo?

It was actually better...
Player mobility, sweeping passes, direct free kicks and also a more rhythmic game.

Happy Holidays !

I hope for a patch later this year, especially with all the reports here on the forum.

I leave here an impression that I have seen a lot that I haven't commented on yet: players return to clubs that we have loaned to for whatever reason, this is quite unrealistic!

- The ME would improve a lot if we saw a more rhythmic game like we had in the beta, more free kick goals from direct kicks, an average of 2 to 3 goals per game, much less balls hitting the post, more goalkeeper saves and especially more passes to rip .

6 hours ago, Madchester said:

See. This is what I'm looking for. I'm on the fence if i should buy it or not. I'm still playing 2022. Ill wait and see what people have to say after the next update i guess. I'm not saying one person moaning should stop me from buying it but i  haven't seen a lot good/bad opinions .

23 had worse squad building in my opinion, and I played like 40 years. I have seen nothing in 23 that would indicate that it is better, and 22 had more fun match engine than 23 and 24 in my opinion.