FM24 editor - new features?

themodelcitizen

3 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Can you check if you can find it via the Database Changes list?

image.png.4b112e30a45e2e44943c9b7f9d09b085.png

Loading times are worth a bug logged (if not already done by someone else), I am at 30 seconds for a DB load in FM24 and 6 seconds in FM23, that's a big difference.

yes mate just checked to see if my system was slow for some reason loaded DB in FM23 editor in seconds so its lagging in FM24 unless the DB has increased by a huge amount?

yes changes are there in DB changes:thup:

checking bugs I reported last year  still not fixed FM24:(

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Roy Race 9 said:

yes mate just checked to see if my system was slow for some reason loaded DB in FM23 editor in seconds so its lagging in FM24 unless the DB has increased by a huge amount?

yes changes are there in DB changes:thup:

checking bugs I reported last year  still not fixed FM24:(

The FM24 DB is slightly bigger than the FM23 DB, but not to the point this is OK

Anyone tried removing Brexit?

found issue adding Agreements if you press add it only registers one entry

this was the same last year but got around it by copying Agreements from a country in EU and pasting, but this isnt working for me either

also there were additional helpers in FM23 specific Brexit rules - not displaying in advanced rules in FM24[but the rules are showing in game, hope they are not hard coded this time]

10 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Just noticed two lines below the red block, Should Players Club Fixtures be checked when a national team is picked. Not sure what it does exactly.

Don't know the meaning of it

Guessing it will check and maybe avoid calling up players who have fixture clashes. Would actually be really helpful for smaller tourneys like the Indian Ocean Games where we want them to call up their best team without taking anyone from playable leagues.

The U21 minutes penalty is great, sounds like we can replicate the Canadian PL rule where you have to meet the number to make the playoffs

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Guessing it will check and maybe avoid calling up players who have fixture clashes. Would actually be really helpful for smaller tourneys like the Indian Ocean Games where we want them to call up their best team without taking anyone from playable leagues.

The U21 minutes penalty is great, sounds like we can replicate the Canadian PL rule where you have to meet the number to make the playoffs

There is a penalty in it as well where you can't qualify from a stage if you haven't fulfilled the minimal amount of minutes, so it essentially disqualifies you from continueing in a tournament. Is that Canadian as well?

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

There is a penalty in it as well where you can't qualify from a stage if you haven't fulfilled the minimal amount of minutes, so it essentially disqualifies you from continueing in a tournament. Is that Canadian as well?

That's what I'm thinking, I guess the option to disqualify them from the next stage is new. I wonder if it would go to get next team in the list in that case

What's the status with the Club World Cup? Is it played in December 2023? I could see them skipping that because it's hard to work out qualifying in the background if the Copa Lib 2023 is played in-game (not a problem in my files)

Anyone simmed ahead to see if's 32 teams in summer 2025? Have they tried implementing the new tournament from December 2024?

51 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

What's the status with the Club World Cup? Is it played in December 2023? I could see them skipping that because it's hard to work out qualifying in the background if the Copa Lib 2023 is played in-game (not a problem in my files)

Anyone simmed ahead to see if's 32 teams in summer 2025? Have they tried implementing the new tournament from December 2024?

32 teams in 2025, not quite sure what you mean by your 2nd question

5 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

32 teams in 2025, not quite sure what you mean by your 2nd question

Is the 7-team version played in December 2023?

Then anything in December 2024? FIFA have announced a new tournament that's fairly similar to the 7-team version

16 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Is the 7-team version played in December 2023?

Then anything in December 2024? FIFA have announced a new tournament that's fairly similar to the 7-team version

Yes

No, and I see no other tournament like that(I am in 2027)

2 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Yes

No, and I see no other tournament like that(I am in 2027)

That's interesting, wonder if it can handle the Copa Libertadores being played in 2023 (or if that's even possible if you start early enough, like in MLS or Brazil in 2023), and if the winner would then also get in the 32-team summer version in 2025. Will check it out. Thanks for looking

On 06/11/2023 at 08:08, Wolf_pd said:

Stadium changes have been expanded. Seeing Stadium changes, I am not sure what Stadium Move is needed for.

image.thumb.png.7ed3db376ef216b2320e46e8a49e61a3.png

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I tried to plan a stadium move and it didn't work. The planned move shows up in game, but when the move in date finally comes nothing happens. The weird part is under the club landmarks section because it says a move was completed. However, the completed move is to your old stadium. Here are some screenshots showing what I mean. 

Stadium move 1.PNG

Stadium move 2.PNG

Stadium move 3.PNG

Stadium move 4.PNG

Stadium move 5.PNG

Although I can see some things in the editor are noticeably slower to the point of dragging, there are certain bits that are significantly quicker than 23 weirdly.  If you return, say, 50000 objects, and then want to bulk edit a parameter inside them, 23 would end up taking a long, long time to even open them, then just as long to make the change and export them.  On 24, this particular process is noticeably quicker.

EDIT: And just to add, I expressed earlier in the thread that I was worried about what had changed given what I was working on, but turns out there's relatively little changed on the pure data side.  Competition and Club now has a gender option, but as far as I can tell, that's it.  The XMLs have a few version strings updated, but then that was always expected.  Everything has just worked so far.

Edited by forameuss

8 hours ago, bold013hades said:

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I tried to plan a stadium move and it didn't work. The planned move shows up in game, but when the move in date finally comes nothing happens. The weird part is under the club landmarks section because it says a move was completed. However, the completed move is to your old stadium. Here are some screenshots showing what I mean.

I think I noticed something like this in FM23 too. Try playing with the leave and move dates maybe? Perhaps they've coded one of those entries wrong and it's kicking you out of the new stadium before you even arrive

21 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I think I noticed something like this in FM23 too. Try playing with the leave and move dates maybe? Perhaps they've coded one of those entries wrong and it's kicking you out of the new stadium before you even arrive

Did changing the leave dates work for you? I tried a few different leave dates and played with the other settings before making the post here and had no luck. Using a blank leave date was my last test and I still got this issue

On 06/11/2023 at 14:54, albertluque said:

Still no option to create custom club transfer rules to make new Athletic Bilbao-type clubs. FFS. It can't be that difficult to embed in the editor?

Sounds like we can't un-extinct clubs either so no Bermuda Hogges trick this year.

Simming ahead now to see if they fixed the issues with the World Cup groups, Gold Cup qualifying, and CONCACAF continental tournaments (i.e. less work for me)

3 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Also noticed the lnc folder under "common" for FM24 also contains folders for 2300, 2330, and 2340. I wonder if keeping the offending files (which I won't discuss further here) would re-add the fake names and such to your FM23 :eek:

These are for the cases where you import your FM23 save.

On 08/11/2023 at 12:07, themodelcitizen said:

I just tested this again. If the leave date and move date are the same, a stadium move will work

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Anyone getting a weird editor glitch where it shows as verified, even after you continue to make changes? Might have something to do with adding or removing a division level?

Yeah, it will do that with pretty much any chance you make after you have verified.. Best solution is to reverify one or all of the competitions. I usually reverify all, just to be sure.

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I thought I saw something about clubs not being capable of being un-extincted, but try it out. They may have fixed it already 

Still a problem unfortunately. It doesn't seem to affect all extinct clubs though, so I'm not sure if Bermuda Hogges will work or not

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yeah, it will do that with pretty much any chance you make after you have verified.. Best solution is to reverify one or all of the competitions. I usually reverify all, just to be sure.

I make changes, and competitions still stay as verified, however I can not verify it again.. Any solution??

5 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

I make changes, and competitions still stay as verified, however I can not verify it again.. Any solution??

If you verify a single division instead of trying to do <All> it seems to work:

The interface might be a bit misleading, but actually this seems to be one of the improvements for FM24 as seems to be much quicker to verify than Fm23, plus if you make a minor change rather than verifying all divisions, one division seems to do the trick.

27 minutes ago, JBZ said:

If you verify a single division instead of trying to do <All> it seems to work:

The interface might be a bit misleading, but actually this seems to be one of the improvements for FM24 as seems to be much quicker to verify than Fm23, plus if you make a minor change rather than verifying all divisions, one division seems to do the trick.

But I have this issue when trying to verify single division after I made changes.. It stays "verified", but I can not verify it again..

And in upper right corner says "not verified"

Edited by Luke Cro

3 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

But I have this issue when trying to verify single division after I made changes.. It stays "verified", but I can not verify it again..

And in upper right corner says "not verified"

It doesn't verify (error) or trying verifying doesn't allow you? What I do in my files, but that's me, is verify every competition when I have made a change.

All I want is to be able to search for supporter attributes. I wanna look for teams with loyal and passionate fans.

Also being able to get an option in the club filter to see how much a capacity a stadium has so we can easily compare the attendance figures against the capacity