FM24 editor - new features?

themodelcitizen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/11/2023 at 19:33, keon said:

Anyone used either of these new (I think they're new anyway) features or know what they do?

image.thumb.png.07f9c1427bede971979bcc0aa9d57dfa.png

image.thumb.png.70c71d16b314498e7b3faeab78a7698b.png

Just as a note, I've looked at this alternative qualification rules and filled out the necessary info and I can't seem to get it working... Changed the nation order and seedings for a year period and a period with no end date and nothing changed when I tried in Europe. I did try with a custom qualification/seeding from the beginning so maybe that's why, maybe it works if you are using the built in seedings and then use this. Also I mentioned in another topic but when using custom qualifications and seedings, they don't look to be dynamic on FM24. They stay static which means countries always keep the same qualification and seedings forever... Maybe that's always been the case but thought it's worth mentioning somewhere!

Edited by keon

1 hour ago, animal31 said:

It doesnt look like Coefficient sorting actually works, the nations are still hard coded in order

It works.

9 nation tournament, top 5 get 2 teams, bottom 4 get 1 team. Based on 5 years of coefficients. Set to 3 coefficients points for a win and 1 for a draw.

20231116105500_1.thumb.jpg.80f0d91ac8a87b300e33e58f86f07ccf.jpg

20231116105547_1.thumb.jpg.197acd42132bfce456542b1756f4c6df.jpg

20231116105551_1.thumb.jpg.a86d08563f60ccac48cf5dd20eed20fa.jpg

You can see China, Syria, and Uzbekistan lose a place from 24/25 to 25/26. While Australia, Japan, and South Korea gain a place.

Then Australia lose a place from 25/26 to 26/27. While Uzbekistan gain a place.

I think its because I used a new competition so it didn't recognize UEFA coefficient?

I created a league with Germany and Ireland, 2 teams from1, 1 from 2. The first season it was 2 from Ireland and 1 from Germany, the 2nd season it was the same, and then finally in the third it was 2 from Germany

Thats definitely confusing

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you need to re-verify since the new update, not sure if the DB will actually run without it (went straight to the editor). Their ostensible updates sounded promising but still getting an issue where some comps don't seem to want to draw all the lower division/regional teams called on (at least in verification)

22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Looks like you need to re-verify since the new update, not sure if the DB will actually run without it (went straight to the editor). Their ostensible updates sounded promising but still getting an issue where some comps don't seem to want to draw all the lower division/regional teams called on (at least in verification)

Yep, that cup issue is still there.

56 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I wonder if putting them in an inactive league further down the pyramid would help

Good question, but I will probably look through the bug tracker and see if anything looking like is picked up by SI.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/11/2023 at 17:18, Wolf_pd said:

There is an item called Player partnerships under Club, but when I fill in players, they are not shown, so not sure what it should do.

image.thumb.png.500fd6bff8d796bb79ae34990f0c8e99.png

Anyone ever manage to work this one out? Player partnerships barely forming for me at all this year

Edited by Ö-zil to the Arsenal!
Oops - double post

On 27/12/2023 at 20:30, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Anyone ever manage to work this one out? Player partnerships barely forming for me at all this year 

Even though it doesn't show up it works

Edited by HurkaDurk69

在 2023/11/7 在 AM12点22分, Wolf_pd说:

More hosting stuff. You can tell the game to pick from specific groups of nations. So no more Malta games for your home-made European Cup.

image.thumb.png.d952a12af62372151601331464e869a7.png

What did they mean for Very Minor, Minor, Medium and Major Nations?

On 01/01/2024 at 07:58, anitamui said:

What did they mean for Very Minor, Minor, Medium and Major Nations?

Assumption here, but I think it is about reputation.

Is it just me or can we no longer add new local regions? I created Merseyside in FM23 and moved all the relevant towns/cities into it, but that doesn't seem to be possible now, unless I am being dense (which is very likely!).

3 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Is it just me or can we no longer add new local regions? I created Merseyside in FM23 and moved all the relevant towns/cities into it, but that doesn't seem to be possible now, unless I am being dense (which is very likely!).

I just over write the Mongolian ones 

3 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I thought that you couldn't add new local regions in the editor, like ever... Unless you had an edited version like Cleiria's mod.

You need the mod as far as I know.  The vanilla editor doesn't allow you to add new ones for some reason.  Assume there's something valid there, so maybe it would lead to issues if you do... *shrug*

Thank you all. I must have overwitten something in FM23 and then forgot that's how I did it, Appreciate the clarification. A Mongolian province has now turned into Merseyside, complete with the weather :lol:.

• 2 months later...

Think I've spotted a couple new editor features from the new update!

20240312233139_1.thumb.jpg.190e2760a0f3a1f6025bd5af5ebed2c1.jpg

20240312233152_1.thumb.jpg.316ae264ec10a9b8d525b6a5253cb2bf.jpg

The Starting Division Level looks new. I've seen people before wanting to know how to add a new division between levels, might be possible now! It happens to Finland in 2024 with a new 2nd tier being added and all the existing competitions moving down a tier. Don't believe that was the case pre-update, and by copying how it's done here, maybe it's possible for us too.

And the DB Version Start/End. You can set the editor file to use different competition rules depending on which version of the DB people are using. May be useful for some people? Don't believe it was an option before.

For anybody wanting to check how Finland adds a division, you need to remove the Competition Level in the DB entries for both the First and Second Divisions, then it should let you convert to advanced rules to check things out.