themodelcitizen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Finally FM24 is complete. Launching the editor now :D

I've updated the FM24 game itself, but the editor  - I don't see it yet. When it will be released and how I get it? Nothing in Steam-Library-Collection

1 minute ago, drajen said:

I've updated the FM24 game itself, but the editor  - I don't see it yet. When it will be released and how I get it? Nothing in Steam-Library-Collection

Try restarting Steam. That did it for me.

Paying close attention to this thread before I can get my hands on it too.  I've been working on something Python-based to go alongside the editor and I'm not looking forward to having to find out every little bit of data that has changed between 23 and 24.

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Paying close attention to this thread before I can get my hands on it too.  I've been working on something Python-based to go alongside the editor and I'm not looking forward to having to find out every little bit of data that has changed between 23 and 24.

What is that something? OR is still top secret?

Don't know which competition uses this one, but a PERMANENT ban after 3 red cards in a season? Sergio Ramos, you are in trouble sir! :lol: The text behind seems formatting that hasn't been properly done, so ignore that one.

image.thumb.png.720b86fa89fcf1cf47944c3d952f000c.png

21 minutes ago, grade said:

What is that something? OR is still top secret?

Nah, nothing secret, although it will likely end up just something for me (more out of being a complete mess than me hoarding it to be fair!).  I've always wanted to do much larger edits rather than just a couple of things here and there, so I've always wanted something that could bypass you needing to sit on the editor and painstakingly use their (largely terrible) interface to do those edits.  Always imagined using an Excel spreadsheet (because I find it easier to visualise data using it) that could let you map out your data, change little bits of it, and generate a new edited XML using that.

Tried it a few years ago and it was a bit **** really, but past few months I've tried again and this one seems a lot more stable.  Still working out a lot of the issues, but managing to generate a medium sized edit using it.  End result is being able to do a total world conversion with it, but we'll see if it ever gets to that point.

I assume the new editor will at least have a few new data points (gender already being pointed out).  But pretty much everything in the editor has at least one random number associated with it (some multiple numbers), and even though I expect not much will have changed, I'll still need to check over all of them to make sure they're consistent.  

9 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Extended stoppage rule has been added as an option.

image.thumb.png.f13ce50ae18f2cbb7407c4b270ac0bba.png

Just noticed two lines below the red block, Should Players Club Fixtures be checked when a national team is picked. Not sure what it does exactly.

Don't know the meaning of it

2 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Nah, nothing secret, although it will likely end up just something for me (more out of being a complete mess than me hoarding it to be fair!).  I've always wanted to do much larger edits rather than just a couple of things here and there, so I've always wanted something that could bypass you needing to sit on the editor and painstakingly use their (largely terrible) interface to do those edits.  Always imagined using an Excel spreadsheet (because I find it easier to visualise data using it) that could let you map out your data, change little bits of it, and generate a new edited XML using that.

Tried it a few years ago and it was a bit **** really, but past few months I've tried again and this one seems a lot more stable.  Still working out a lot of the issues, but managing to generate a medium sized edit using it.  End result is being able to do a total world conversion with it, but we'll see if it ever gets to that point.

I assume the new editor will at least have a few new data points (gender already being pointed out).  But pretty much everything in the editor has at least one random number associated with it (some multiple numbers), and even though I expect not much will have changed, I'll still need to check over all of them to make sure they're consistent.  

I have 3000 hours in the FM22 editor, I see your point :)

9 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I have 3000 hours in the FM22 editor, I see your point :)

Yeah, I get that what I'm trying to do isn't really what the editor is for, but there's a lot of work that could go in to making it a lot more user-friendly to work with.  Lots of obfuscation and closed-off parts that make it a lot more awkward than it could be.

Still, it remains a massive credit that SI continue to offer such a powerful tool for free, even if it is ugly as sin.

2 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Yeah, I get that what I'm trying to do isn't really what the editor is for, but there's a lot of work that could go in to making it a lot more user-friendly to work with.  Lots of obfuscation and closed-off parts that make it a lot more awkward than it could be.

Oh, I agree. I have the feeling that much of what SI does with competitions can be done with the editor, but the accesibility is not great for people who are not IT minded or have the patience to dig and test things out.

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Oh, we can set the newgen intake day for a competition now :D

image.thumb.png.7c49da9cef6426dc398520f0dcc2e901.png

I'd love to know the thinking behind a few of these weird ones.  You can set the day of the intake, great.  Why the variance though?  What's the necessity of making the date dynamic behind the scenes?

I think it makes for easier changing of seasons. I am building the Soviet competition which is spring-autumn, but if you want it autumn-spring, it can be changed.

If this is the start of being able to set what the newgen intake does exactly, I am all for it ;)

3 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

There is an item called Player partnerships under Club, but when I fill in players, they are not shown, so not sure what it should do.

image.thumb.png.500fd6bff8d796bb79ae34990f0c8e99.png

It is old(2years now?)

You know those green lines in the tactic screen? This is supposed to do that

Never worked though lol

Edited by HurkaDurk69

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

With all the supporting changes making it into the db for women's football, I wonder if there's enough of the building blocks to make a fist of adding that for 24...

I think the only issue is players. Clubs and competitions is easy.

The past transfers looks to be for the 3 different game variants you can play.

Question I have with this sheet, is that if you add to this page for players, if you can edit it in FM24, then load it into FM25, FM26, FM27, FM28, which would mean you 'relive' the game with all those transfers taking place.

Boring for some, fun for others.

Edited: Wrong screenshot

image.thumb.png.5ccb30a7c61120de1293f323111ae608.png

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

image.thumb.png.cd3116d9696e7b8c5ceb3d7a87f8602b.png

Tribunal fee is a new one. No idea what it does or add as it is in player history.

It's an old system where if the selling and buying club couldn't agree a fee (usually for a youth player), an independent tribunal would set it. Must just be for historical records.

6 minutes ago, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

kinda ffed up with no Japan in the list of countries though, kinda have to do everything from scratch now...

Please log that one as a bug (if you haven't done so already. We had it with Canada and Latvia in previous versions.

Btw, is loading up the FM23 version into the editor an option?

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Please log that one as a bug (if you haven't done so already. We had it with Canada and Latvia in previous versions.

not atm, due to the complete overhaul on the online database ive done lol. could possible be the reason its crashing

16 minutes ago, Plektrum said:

I have just installed FM24 via Game Pass. Does anyone know how I can find the editor there?

IIRC the editor for gamepass was having issues. SI is looking into that.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

FYI checking a few files from FM23 in new editor 

1. it is super slow even loading the data

2.Seeing failed changes 

search doesnt find the failed change/any changes at all

48aaf567ed93562d919fbe5f68a7bb21.png

da8e684fb4d5c778c1b68a51ace73e00.png

5b5234d69db28ebbb121ef7109d3992b.png

27 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

FYI checking a few files from FM23 in new editor 

1. it is super slow even loading the data

2.Seeing failed changes 

search doesnt find the failed change/any changes at all

48aaf567ed93562d919fbe5f68a7bb21.png

da8e684fb4d5c778c1b68a51ace73e00.png

5b5234d69db28ebbb121ef7109d3992b.png

Can you check if you can find it via the Database Changes list?

image.png.4b112e30a45e2e44943c9b7f9d09b085.png

Loading times are worth a bug logged (if not already done by someone else), I am at 30 seconds for a DB load in FM24 and 6 seconds in FM23, that's a big difference.