FM24 : Calcio (Italian Football Thread)

The Author

Calcio 

Thought that I would start a brand new topic ahead of FM24 for anyone to post their Italian save updates in. Who is starting their FM24 save on the Peninsula?

You can use this thread for save games, player profiles and any wonderkids you uncover during your Calcio save.

gol-calcio_1020x680.jpg

Edited by The Author
Update

• The Author changed the title to FM24 : Calcio (Italian Football Thread)
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 3maldini3 said:

Any interesting Italian wonderkids?

Not currently based in Italy, and not exactly an unknown - but in my Man City save I scouted Wilfried Gnonto at Leeds, and he came back with a 4* Potential.

Managed to sign him for just £15m and included loaning him back to Leeds for the rest of the season, to give him game time to continue developing.

Be interesting to see how he turns out!

I always like an Italian career. My favourite from FM23 was taking Palermo to the summit of the game (eventually!).

I'm starting with Sassuolo. Nice mix of youth and experience, couple of heavy hitters in the squad, a couple of very talented younger players, great club colours, nice challenge to overcome the bigger clubs in Italy.

Udinese_Calcio_logo_svg.thumb.png.6900f954b13e131d27bbfc32ac56f991.png

Udinese Calcio
The Italian Football club Udinese Calcio was established in 1896 in the town of Udine. They are sometimes called "The Little Zebras" based on their black and white striped shirts.

Udinese have never won the top-level league in Italy. The closest they came was finishing  runner-up in  the 1954–1955 season, four points behind Milan, although that season was followed by relegation due to corruption. The club, has otherwise, floated across the three first tiers in the league system.

Screenshot2023-10-22153100.png.2639a44ebaab8c5d72991f23113aa444.png

The club is also waiting for the first Coppa Italia trophy. Udinese reached the final in the competition the first time it was played in 1922 and losing to Vado.

They have three international titles: Mitropa Cup (1980), Anglo-Italian Cup once (1978) and Intertoto Cup (2000). Alongside several Serie C title's and two Serie B titles.

As far as the board is concerned first season they want us to avoid a relegation battle in Serie A and be competitive in the Coppa Italia.  Which with the team we have at our disposal should be easily achievable. Looking at the rest of the five year plan everything seems reasonable enough with the end goal being qualifying for the Uefa Europa Conference League.

Screenshot2023-10-22153516.thumb.png.a5614e9334fa93e28726c7ecd24fa660.png

THE SQUAD

We inherit a first team squad of 31 PLAYERS and that's without counting the 3 out on loan which leaves a whopping 35. This needs trimmed dramatically not just to keep everyone happy but to also help the club raise some much needed finances to strengthen out the club. One thing that is a bit of a worry for me is out of the 31 players at the club ONLY FIVE ARE ITALIAN something that I will look to change going forward as I want the club to have a real Italian spine. Injuries have plagued our first season with a lot of key players having pretty severe problems.

Key Striker BRENNER  6-7 Month Fractured Upper Leg.
   Key Winger DEULOFEU  5-7 month Damaged Knee Cap.
                 Starting WB EHIZIBUE 4-5 Month Damaged Cruciate Ligaments.
Starting CB MASINA 3-4 Month Torn Ankle Ligaments.
                 Cover CB/WB EBOSSE 6-7 Month Damaged Cruciate Ligaments.

Screenshot2023-10-22153930.thumb.png.f259755c197faca18cd4bd51beb14b11.png

THE AIMS (Short Term)

Trim the squad down to around 22 players. 
Increase the number of Italians in the team to 50% (CURRENTLY 15%)
Promote two Youth players to the first team per season. (Not Starting XI Unless Ready)
Improve coaching team across the board to top 10 in the league minimum.
Work up to winning the Coppa Italia.

THE AIMS (Long Term)

Have 80% or more of the first team squad be Italian Nationals.
Promote 4 Youth players per season with at least One getting a starting position.
Have coaches be in the top 3 in the league. 
Never spend more than the club makes from transfers.
Win Serie A
Win a European Trophy (Champions League the dream)

TRANSFERS

First bit of business has already been concluded as I write this. Obviously a few of our main attacking threats injured Udinese start the game with FM22 god Lorenzo Lucca in on loan with a £6.75m optional future fee. You can however offer Pisa £2.7m which they will happily accept and even though he might not have the potential he used to have he will certainly do for where we are at the minute. 

3 hours ago, Jumping Jack Flash said:

Starting off as Juve and think it will be quite a challenge getting top 4. You have €15m budget with no spare wages but this mysteriously reduced by 50% about 2 weeks in. Not much depth, no Pogba and not many prospects in the academy either!

Think you will find it easy. I have a second save with them as there the team I support and with the right tactic there unstoppable. Brought Dybala back to the club and currently have 13 wins out of 14 in the league with a 9 point gap already.

4 hours ago, Jumping Jack Flash said:

Starting off as Juve and think it will be quite a challenge getting top 4. You have €15m budget with no spare wages but this mysteriously reduced by 50% about 2 weeks in. Not much depth, no Pogba and not many prospects in the academy either!

To follow the  last message up if you ask about market interest for Szczesny straight away you can negotiate a deal upto £26.5m from Al-Nassr for his services. He is good but at 33 and on £200k a week the money and wages can go elsewhere with Perin good enough to step up you can massively strengthen other departments.

4 hours ago, Jumping Jack Flash said:

How is Dean Huijsen looking?

15 hours ago, Adzke said:

How is Dean Huijsen looking?(

I also have a Juve Beta save going and he is doing well for the B team 7.68 rating in 31 games but nowhere near the standard to be promoted at the minute. Im in first season and made no signings with a 3 point lead at the top. (MAIN SAVE TO START SOON)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'm playing as Juve. I'm in the January window (23/24 season). 

I have sold Rabiot to Arsenal for $36m since he plans to leave on a free, I sold Bremer to Newcastle for $51m. I self Perin to Saudi club for $7.5.

I have purchased Pavlovic from Salzburg to replace Bremer and I got Ruggeri from Atalanda (i think) to add depth to the WBs). I am running a 4-2-2-2 with Vlahovic and Milik up front, Iling Jr and Chiesa on the flanks, Miretti & Fagioli in the central midfield. Back four is Cambiaso-Gatti-Pavlovic-Danillo. 

I have $100m war chest. I would like to add a striker to eventully take Miliks spot, another CM to add depth for when I sell McKinney, another CB to eventually take Gatti's place and a RWB to eventuaslly take Danillo's spot. Also need a promising young GK to backup and eventually succeed Szczeny. Italians would be nice but its not a requirement. Any recommendations? 

Edited by vincenzo incendio

I am a little disappointed that Lecce seems to be so poorly rated in the game. I am planning on starting up with them as my main save as I was really intrigued by their hot start to the season this year, and now consider them to be my Serie A team. 

I guess it will make their hopeful rise in my save a bit more impressive, and challenging as well, which is what I want it to be. 

55 minutes ago, vincenzo incendio said:

I'm playing as Juve. I'm in the January window (23/24 season). 

I have sold Rabiot to Arsenal for $36m since he plans to leave on a free, I sold Bremer to Newcastle for $51m. I self Perin to Saudi club for $7.5.

I have purchased Pavlovic from Salzburg to replace Bremer and I got Ruggeri from Atalanda (i think) to add depth to the WBs). I am running a 4-2-2-2 with Vlahovic and Milik up front, Iling Jr and Chiesa on the flanks, Miretti & Fagioli in the central midfield. Back four is Cambiaso-Gatti-Pavlovic-Danillo. 

I have $100m war chest. I would like to add a striker to eventully take Miliks spot, another CM to add depth for when I sell McKinney, another CB to eventually take Gatti's place and a RWB to eventuaslly take Danillo's spot. Also need a promising young GK to backup and eventually succeed Szczeny. Italians would be nice but its not a requirement. Any recommendations? 

A maybe less obvious choice than some, & not Italian, but Joe Scally did a great job for me at RB or RWB on my Hertha BSC FM23 save.

Likewise, Caleb Okoli, who does have the advantage of being Italian. Other options would be Diego Coppola, Giorgio Scalvini, Wisdom Amey, or Matteo Lovato.

Casadei, Fabbian, Ricci, Rovella, Faticanti, or Vignato may be options in midfield, whilst Carnesecchi, Caprile, or Turati could do a job in goal.

4 minutes ago, saware said:

A maybe less obvious choice than some, & not Italian, but Joe Scally did a great job for me at RB or RWB on my Hertha BSC FM23 save.

Likewise, Caleb Okoli, who does have the advantage of being Italian. Other options would be Diego Coppola, Giorgio Scalvini, Wisdom Amey, or Matteo Lovato.

Casadei, Fabbian, Ricci, Rovella, Faticanti, or Vignato may be options in midfield, whilst Carnesecchi, Caprile, or Turati could do a job in goal.

This is just what I was hoping for. Thank you so much! I'll check these guys out when I get home from work this evening. 

1 hour ago, vincenzo incendio said:

This is just what I was hoping for. Thank you so much! I'll check these guys out when I get home from work this evening. 

Glad to help, but all the recommendations are based on FM23 as haven’t had a chance to get stuck into the new game yet. Hopefully they’ll all still be decent & not too expensive.

As for a striker, it depends on the profile you’re looking for but Marcos Leonardo from Santos was pretty strong, as was Kalimuendo. If you wanted someone with a bit more experience then Gouiri was always on my shortlist but wanted much higher wages than I was prepared to offer.

2 hours ago, DavutOzkan said:

I am a little disappointed that Lecce seems to be so poorly rated in the game. I am planning on starting up with them as my main save as I was really intrigued by their hot start to the season this year, and now consider them to be my Serie A team. 

I guess it will make their hopeful rise in my save a bit more impressive, and challenging as well, which is what I want it to be. 

Yeah it looks like a real challenge but as you said it will make success even sweeter. Faticanti and Dorgu look perfect to be built around.

1 hour ago, saware said:

Glad to help, but all the recommendations are based on FM23 as haven’t had a chance to get stuck into the new game yet. Hopefully they’ll all still be decent & not too expensive.

As for a striker, it depends on the profile you’re looking for but Marcos Leonardo from Santos was pretty strong, as was Kalimuendo. If you wanted someone with a bit more experience then Gouiri was always on my shortlist but wanted much higher wages than I was prepared to offer.

I'll let you know if I pull the trigger on any of the guys you listed. 

3 hours ago, gggfunk said:

It's been a long time since I did an Italian save, so definitely going there this year!

I will be choosing between Juventus, Napoli, Roma, and Palermo. Will see.

I'm doing Juve now. It's a lot of fun. Great group of youngsters with Miretti, Iling Jr, as wonderkids, Fagioli also has great potential . Two legit superstars in Vlahovic and Chiesa who you can sell for massive transfer funds if you want. I chose to keep them, yet sold Rabiot, Bremer and Perin for good money. No European football so you can focus on securing it for the next season and possibly challenge for the Scudetto. It's a fun role play to bring glory back to the tarnished giants of calcio, (I'm biased because I'm a Juventino)

Started a save with Roma and spent quite some time sorting out the tactics, youth teams, transfers etc. Before moving forward ans suddenly finding out Dybala has a £10m release clause which the Saudis activated instantly, and he moved :(

Had to quit the save after that, as there's no way I'm planning on losing my best player for £10m. 

Just wondering if I restart, if it's possible to get him to agree to a new contract without a release clause. Only issue is as soon as Saudis show interest, he says you can't offer the financial muscle that he wants (Saudis gave him £800k p/w on this save!)

1 hour ago, DaveMUFC said:

Started a save with Roma and spent quite some time sorting out the tactics, youth teams, transfers etc. Before moving forward ans suddenly finding out Dybala has a £10m release clause which the Saudis activated instantly, and he moved :(

Had to quit the save after that, as there's no way I'm planning on losing my best player for £10m. 

Just wondering if I restart, if it's possible to get him to agree to a new contract without a release clause. Only issue is as soon as Saudis show interest, he says you can't offer the financial muscle that he wants (Saudis gave him £800k p/w on this save!)

Disable first transfer window would give you to at least January to get him a new deal. If not 6 month of gametime is better than 0. Just means you won't be able to strengthen your squad in other areas until then too. 

Hopefully this thread will be as big as the other previous versions! 

Anyone else got any Italian teams lined up? I'm thinking Atalanta, never managed them and they seem like a fun save from what I've seen. Either those or Roma like usual 😂

I've never done an Italian save in FM before, and there are so many good options, both in Serie A and in the lower tiers as well. I am going to be sticking with Lecce, but it was a tough decision. I thought I was going to be Atalanta for the longest time as well. 

Picked a former team of one of my all time favorite players:

image.png.f7f6106da4d606e6e534a6802596e4c0.png image.jpeg.350a92b0a3a51e94be95764e6159a0c7.jpeg

Got a good squad to start with, particularly the attacking trio of Joshua Zirkzee, Jesper Karlsson, and Riccardo Orsolini. They are doing well in real life under Thiago Motta, finished 9th last season and are currently 6th. Some decent young players as well.

Immediately signed Orsolini and some of the youngsters to long-term contracts. Got FMed against Sampdoria in the cup but bounced back with two league wins. Karlsson got injured but Zirkzee and Orsolini are pulling the strings.

BTW, I got a few scout reports of Parma players and looks like they have a good team to start with as well.

After the disastrous FM23 experience in Italy I'm willing to try again in this year version. I've been managing Roma since CM01/02 lol

I haven't decided yet but I'm between Roma, Parma and Sampdoria.

Il y a 19 heures, Daws88 a dit :

Roma second season transfer budget...christ 

IMG_20231107_160047_120.jpg

I can confirm that ROMA finances are hard to handle, i was forced to sell BELLOTTI and SMALLING in january to try and keep  the negative funds under control ; But i managed to win serie A (thanks to an awful departure from JUVE and INTER, a very inconstant MILAN  and LAZIO),  i am in semi-final in EUROPA LEAGUE thanks to the avoidance of much stronger teams (and a big clash between LIVERPOOL and REAL in quarter) ... Being qualified for next seson CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (2024), got an incredible transfer budget of ... 13.2 millions euros ... Going to lose KRISTENSEN,  SANCHES and LUKAKU  who were loaned ... I might need to be smart on the market... I plan to keep SOLBAKKEN as a regular with ROONY BARDGHJI and SHOMURODOV as ABRAHAM backup for 2024-2025 once they return from their loans (Verygood seasonfor SOLBA at  Olympiacos,  very much harder season for SHOMU playing for relegation fighting CAGLIARI side) ... 

Il y a 17 heures, LucasBR a dit :

For those managing Roma... First thing to do is try to renew Dyabala contract, i forgot about that and lost him to Al-Itihad for only 12 milion 

Made the "mistake", DYBALA left in january for Al-HILAL for 12millions... But resigning him on a new contract would have put my finances in jeopardy, so took the risk  ... ROMA is a real challenge with its finances ... Managed to sign BARDGHJI for a correct fee in replacement (420Ke wage VS 880Ke for DYBALA renewal ...) Great player ...

On 27/10/2023 at 11:32, Ace27 said:

Disable first transfer window would give you to at least January to get him a new deal. If not 6 month of gametime is better than 0. Just means you won't be able to strengthen your squad in other areas until then too. 

This is the only way I managed to re-sign Dybala....although I had to get my DOF to renew after 2x unsuccessful attempts by myself. 

Roma is certainly a challenge this year round, relying on loans for the coming seasons, until you get prize money from Champs League etc. I managed to recoup about 15m in transfer budget, so trying to be clever with that. 

Finished 3rd in my 1st season, crashed out of Europa to Celtic. 

In short, Jose is right, Roma are skint. 

I just started a save with Sorrento. Even though the team is projected to finish last, I've been doing very well. 

In particularly, I got Matteo Francesconi on loan from Cesena (with an option to buy for 250k). This kid is insanely good for Serie C, he just dominates every game for me playing as a BBM.

If you are playing a serie C or B Italian save, scout the Cesena roster and see who is available. That team is absolutely full of bargains. Another strong young player for Cesena is,  Alessandro Giovannini. I was trying to sign him, but I didn't have room in the budget.

S.S._Lazio_badge_svg.png.379edda2a37f838aae8c6e83193b0d95.png

I'm going to be doing a bottom half Serie A team or a lower league Italian save at a later date but the first thing I want to do is a Lazio rebuild. 
No league title since the 1999/00 season which then seen there main rivals AS ROMA take it away from them by winning the 2000/01 title. A surprise runner-up spot last season gives false hope in a squad which is definitely going through a transitional period. Gone is the midfield maestro Milinkovic Savic and rock at the back Francesco Acerbi. With the money being put to good use bringing in younger talent which was much needed at the club in troublesome ex Arsenal midfielder Matteo Guendouzi and Juventus hot prospect Nicolo Rovella. A massive fifteen players in the first team squad are 28 years or older with Pedro at 35 and Immobile at 33 leading the way. 

Ciro Immobile is the star at the club and the one who will be very hard to replace. Ever present since making the move to Lazio in the 2016/17 season he has amassed 162 league goals in just 7 seasons and is currently the top scorer in the clubs entire history. 

I want to develop some youth whilst at the club and hopefully have some Rome natives in the side who could be future Captains of the club. Finding a adequate Immobile replacement will be top priority as father time isn't on the strikers side. Roma lead us in both Serie A titles (3) to (2) and Coppa Italia trophies (9) to (7) in Europe we are both on 0 in both the Champions League and Europa League.

It's time to make this club a place players want to come to play at the peak of there powers like the late 90's early 2000's Nedved is one of my footballing idol's so I will be looking for a AML from the Czech Republic if a decent one comes available. 

Will update once the staff etc are sorted and we have began our league campaign. 

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE MANAGING IN ITALY LETS MAKE FM24 A YEAR TO REMEMBER

We managed to win the league, on the final match day! Luckily for us, Crotone lost, so we had the title in our hands by halftime. Sorrento pulled off this surprise win, despite being projected to finish last in Serie C/C. I was given a very modest budget from the board. That I spent most of it on picking up the options on our loan players. In particularly, our marque signing was Andrei Coubis. The Italian-Romanian is big, fast, and strong. Coubis has decent technicals and mentals for our level. He only costed us 500k (250k instalments) plus 20% on future sale going to Milan. We are currently over spending on out wage budget, and our finances are quickly falling into the red. Promotion seems unlikely, as we are projected to finish last again... player sales may have to come soon, and our only player worth anything is Andrei Coubis! I will update on how the campionato cadetto goes for the Sorrentina.... We also moved back into our home ground, with it's capacity of 3600. Which we struggle to pack out.

20231113175625_1.thumb.jpg.c740b204ce19a256c83a97d5a591018a.jpg

20231113180103_1.thumb.jpg.d59c0734efaeecf3953b370470745b18.jpg

20231113175638_1.thumb.jpg.dbe0c338d4313e5a3f15db2282fad74b.jpg

Edited by SanTullo

14 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

After mixed time with Bologna (and other teams) I also found myself taking over Lazio and I think it might be the one. Playing 433, Immobile took some time to get going but he got 8 in his last 5 Serie A matches. Going to be a difficult task to replace him.

I'm a Lazio supporter, so I generally don't play as the team I support. I feel too bad sacking the manager, and getting rid of the players.

How is your line-up? Patric looks pretty damn good in the game, I'd say he's better than Casale right now.

19 minutes ago, SanTullo said:

I'm a Lazio supporter, so I generally don't play as the team I support. I feel too bad sacking the manager, and getting rid of the players.

How is your line-up? Patric looks pretty damn good in the game, I'd say he's better than Casale right now.

I didn't play with them since 2015 I think (which version Gabigol was a must get wonderkid?) and it looks like Sarri built a decent team there.

This is my preferred line-up and tactics so far (with Hysaj over Patric at RB):

image.png.416511ba2029957fabe2b6d81db91dbd.png

Casale has been a rock for me, probably better than Romagnoli. Patric is getting some game time, usually at RB but is not more than okay.

Immobile, Zaccagni, and Rovella are our best players in that order. Pedro is a golden backup for both wide positions and I triggered his contract extension.

Hello everyone would love some help picking a team to be 

so I’d love to start in serie C with a team that has a relatively young squad and that ain’t really in a big city 

would love ideas and little reason people chose then 

thanks in advance