FM24 : Calcio (Italian Football Thread)

The Author

4 minutes ago, Rollin93 said:

Hello everyone would love some help picking a team to be 

so I’d love to start in serie C with a team that has a relatively young squad and that ain’t really in a big city 

would love ideas and little reason people chose then 

thanks in advance 

ACR Messina fit the bill only 7 players out of the 25 first team players are over the age of 26 with a whopping 12 first team players being younger than 22.  Another interesting reason to pick them is they are from the Isle of Sicily. And no football club from Sicily has ever won a Serie A title.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S.S._Lazio_badge_svg.png.33c0dc6b11a6fcbd6caa5dce9a981f05.png

TRANSFERS 

First off we completely culled all the staff at the club and rebuilt from the ground up finishing with our new Assistant Manager and a player I admired a lot growing up as a Juventus fan. Who later also played for Lazio for several seasons.
Angelo Peruzzi

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

He will be helping out from time to time with the training of the players and various other tasks should we need the help.

PLAYERS IN

Screenshot2023-11-15160740.png.ddc54972aa396848d3c1b5e651de5575.png

As you can probably tell there is a certain theme when it came to recruitment this season. We wanted young talented Italians who can grow into the clubs system.

Young Ravaglioli came in from Bologna after we offered a contract and paid the compensation. A talented young striker who could hopefully fill the Immobile gap in a few seasons.  Two goals in 1 start and 1 substitute appearance in pre season was encouraging  and already his stats are on the rise. Expect some easier league game minutes alongside some cup games.

Next up we have Luis Hasa on a loan deal from Juventus with a £5.5m option should we decide to keep him. I done a Beta save with Juventus and he turned out pretty good and can cover every position in the midfield area. Again expect some game time in easier league games and cups.

Diego Coppola oozes potential and at a mere £5.5m was a no brainer to strengthen the CB position for years to come. Not quite first team standard at the minute but will get a big chance to develop as the depth in the CB position is pretty weak and injuries are certain throughout the season. Another signing we made will be mentoring him as he develops.

The most expensive of our recruits is Tommaso Baldanzi at £7.5m ready to start some games from the off the first season could be a big year for him. Can play in a couple of positions and roles so a big decision will need to be made as to where his main position will be. 

I don't feel I need to explain this transfer.........Look at those stats! Yes he is 39 years old but Chiellini can still do a job and at only £325k how could I say no. He will be mentoring some of the young players coming through the ranks and also helps bridge a void in the CB depth for the starting 11 until funds can be arranged to sign a good starting CB for the long term.

And finally Giacomo Faticanti. I feel like Roma missed a trick when they let him leave in real life and despite being new to Leece they were happy to allow him to join on loan for a fee of £1.4m and an optional future fee of £2.5m which is an absolute bargain. I would have bought him outright but because he had just joined his current team he wouldn't agree to a permanent move straight away. He completes an extremely talented group of youngsters we have in the middle of the park who can hopefully grow up together to become a force not just in Lazio but in the national team together too.

SALES

Screenshot2023-11-15160729.png.847ad3e0d8d4edaa38bd4e24e43f7edb.png

These are the players who have currently left the club as of the first league game of the season. More will follow before the end of the transfer window. 

Speaking of the start of the season after a pretty chill pre season gaining confidence with some good performances the RNG gods have frowned upon us with a SHOCKING set of fixtures to kick off SERIE A

Screenshot2023-11-15165626.thumb.png.06b512ec360bbe14f5aa58d0d5fe8fb2.png

Edited by WilsonJuve

January arrived, here is were I'm at with Lazio:

Pre-season:

I always start with the first window disabled, so I only signed staff members. I also brought back Angelo Peruzzi (as a coach) as well as Jaap Stam

Serie A:

image.thumb.png.9c0d5f7a3a9e80eee9f85606c3793e93.png

Pretty intense competition between us, Milan, and Inter. Milan actually spent most of the season so far at 1st, but their form deteriorated in the last two months.

Champions League:

image.thumb.png.1c033fdd301ec7aa967700838a601d2e.png

As you can see, we got one of the easiest draws possible, and achieved our goal by qualifying to the round of 16, I doubt we will get further than that:

image.png.028d644aad6a3b6cfd059d38f915f387.png

5 hours ago, Rollin93 said:

Hello everyone would love some help picking a team to be 

so I’d love to start in serie C with a team that has a relatively young squad and that ain’t really in a big city 

would love ideas and little reason people chose then 

thanks in advance 

Cesena.

They have suberb facilities and at least 5 Hugh potential younsters

Started a save with AC Milan.

Trying to be 'semi-realistic' with regards to transfers. Trying to focus on mainly Italian players and youth where possible. I chose to close the first transfer window and go with the in game squad.

Biggest transfer out was Ismail Bennacer. Newcastle paid his release clause of £43 million in January so I went out and bought Lucas Gourna-Douath from Red Bull Salzburg (£26m) as a replacement.

Also bought in young Brazilian (Italian duel nationality) Centre-Back Berardo from Sao Paulo (15m) and Forward Wilfried Gnonto from Leeds (£18m).

GK Maignan

RB Calabria (c)                CB Tomori            CB Thiaw            LB Hernandez

DM Loftus-Cheek            DM Pobega

RW Chukwueze            AM Pulisic            LW Gnonto

SC Rafael Leao

First season, lead the league all the way and managed to win Serie A by 8 points. Lost four games all season, twice to Juventus, once to Fiorentina and a shock defeat at Empoli.

Lost in the Italian Cup Quarter-Final to Atalanta

Lost in the final of the Champions League 2-1 v Man City despite leading at the break.

Onto next season, Giroud retired so will looking to back Leao up with Lorenzo Colombo who returns from a loan spell. Bartesaghi will be understudy to Hernandez and I have also bought in GK Carnesecchi for around £6m to spell Maignan when needed.

Still have money to spend going into season 24-25

Edited by steve.rush

January Madness

Just a quick recap of my the winter window transfers with Lazio. First, the outgoings:

image.png.b086be38b2d034177c4276a26096a386.png

Only major departure is Matias Vecino. Initially he couldn't get any game time with all of Alberto, Rovella, Kamada, Guendouzi, and Cataldi ahead of him. He even asked for a transfer due to lack of game time, but eventually he got a few random starts and did well enough to become our starting Mezzala. However, his contract was until 2025 and he didn't want to extended. He is also 32, so when Newcastle came calling I took their offer.

Now the incomings:

image.png.0fb2b82b0bf3c47b12077e505bf57023.png

First, I couldn't skip on Roony Bardghji, as unoriginal of a signing it is. I wanted a left-footed attacker who could take some of the mantle from Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni, and Pedro. I am also training him to play up-front, as I couldn't find a suitable backup for Immobile.

Emile Smith Rowe is basically my Vecino replacement. There is a £45M optional clause there, and while he is a really good player, I doubt I will trigger it.

Finally, we needed some depth in defense, particularly a left-footed defender. Tried to go for Alex Sandro but he wanted too much wages. Juan Jesus wanted to be as first team player, which he wouldn't have been, and I also considered Marco Friedl from Werder Bremen, but eventually I took a gamble on Valentin Gomez, a young CB with some nice attributes already. Probably not World Class potential but useful squad player who could be sold later on for a profit.

Second season update with Sorrento. We finished lower mid table comfortably. Never being in danger of relegation throughout the season. The first half of the season went very well, the club reached as high as 6th potion within the table.  Partly due to our keeper, Alessio Salvato, playing in rich form. Which attracted the interest of Frosinone, and they triggered his release clause of 325k.  Our back up is decent, and we were desperate in need of the money anyways. I will certainly need to find a better keeper for the next season, although money is an issue. I'll have to use the loan market to effectively fill the gaps within the squad. On the bright side, Andrei Coubis is now worth up to 3.2m. He is very much our best player, but we may be sold if a bid comes in. Because as you can see, the board has given me no money to work with. Financially the club is deep in the red, and quickly plummeting. I'm curious to see what happens if we can't get out of this increasing debt.

20231116202940_1.thumb.jpg.4833748c7d1963c177c8377ad08a432e.jpg20231116203038_1.thumb.jpg.9ff741f2ad58dc089a547056d93b6c03.jpg

S.S._Lazio_badge_svg.png.2f9cbdb54caef60b44d38162d5f55b3e.png

End Of Transfer Window / Season Start

Well @TheJanitor great minds think alike at Lazio because before the transfer window closed we also brought in EMILE SMITH ROWE as cover in the wide positions and at CAM we wont be making the deal permanent as he isn't an Italian player and that is the clubs direction under myself. A deal which we didn't receive the true value from was CATALDI going to West Ham for only £12m but he had to be sacrificed to free up funds to bring in our 7th Italian of the window in MARCO CARNESECCHI for £8m who will be rotating the first team position throughout the season.

FINAL SIGNING'S 1st TRANSFER WINDOW

Screenshot2023-11-17133228.png.e60750a40bea73042d0a163aaae06ee1.png

Very happy with the window overall as I said adding 7 Italians to the club is massive in regards to where we want the future of this club. A lot of potential in these players to develop and dominate Rome for years to come.

As for the tricky start.......we smashed it. Two goals from Felipe Anderson and one for both Zaccagni and Immobile saw us brush Juventus away and get the perfect start. Immobile opened the scoring against Milan before 2 goals without reply saw us trailing until the 94th minute when Immobile again found the net to secure us an important point. Fiorentina fell to another goal from Immobile and Felipe Anderson with Baldanzi making his debut from the bench and bagging two goals in the process. 

Screenshot2023-11-17134157.thumb.png.c40dee74ea04167659495df0a58f742d.png

Screenshot2023-11-17135203.png.296e8a1682b3479e1548aba7aea3204d.png

Next up the Capitale Derby against AS ROMA. The match was a fantastic game and the 4-0 scoreline flatters us a little bit but we will take it. They had more shots but 2 less on target our XG was within 0.5 of each other and they even had more possesion 54% to our 46% but at the end of the day goals win games Zaccagni, Anderson, Guendouzi scored for us as well as Smith Rowe introducing himself to the Lazio faithful in the best possible way on his debut. 

Everything going great now for the champions league draw. 
One of our fans had a little message of hope before the draw.........

Screenshot2023-11-15183310.thumb.png.30e880451722e80f8e4ef23db8e79a30.png

Screenshot2023-11-15183253.png.b2cf4831265d8a13162883de1d5f3ea3.png

Well CARLO they didn't!!!!!!!

An absolutely shocking group with German giants Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid looking likely to advance to the next stage. The games against Galatasaray will be massive just to see if we can make the Europa League. The fact the club doesn't have many home grown players means we also go into the competition with just 21 out of a possible 25 players.

Screenshot2023-11-15183529.png.da64556390fcc2c6ef5eb9de57abaf20.png

Plans for January are to offload
PEDRO 36 years old on £46,500 per week SPANISH 
MATIAS VECINO 32 years old on £58,000 per week URUGUAYAN
ANDRE ANDERSON 23 years old £15,250 per week BRAZILIAN (Not good enough)
And maybe a few more fringe players who haven't played enough games.

Edited by WilsonJuve

32 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

@WilsonJuve Carnesecchi has been on my shortlist as well, but Provedel has been so good for me I couldn't find justify signing him and he extended his contract with Atalanta.

Those are some great results! The CL group is rough but maybe you can surprise Atletico.

Yeah Provedel been solid for me too really good ratings but at 29 I felt I needed a good understudy. We just beat Atletico in the home leg 1-0 but Immobile tore a muscle and is out for 3 weeks minimum :(:(:(

1 hour ago, SanTullo said:

You guys both sold Cataldi? He is one of the few home grown players within the squad. 

I know but at 29 his stats are going to fall off in the near future and a he was wanting a new contract on higher wage £73k per week which would see him be in the top 4 earners at the club on around 5% of our total wage bill. It allowed us to sign Carnesschi and save £20k on wages £40k if we gave Cataldi his new deal and still bank £4m in profit. 

3 hours ago, SanTullo said:

You guys both sold Cataldi? He is one of the few home grown players within the squad. 

I kept him. He is a solid cover for Rovella. Not much interest in him as well, so I was not tempted. Vecino I sold.

Quick update on my save as the season is approaching to an end.

Serie A Table | Matches & Final Fixtures

As you can see, we fell off the top, meanwhile Inter and Milan didn't let up and took over me. We had some bad luck - Patric getting sent off against Inter when it was 0-0, dropping a 2-0 lead against Juventus, conceding a late equalizer against Frosinone - but honestly, we were inconsistent, especially against weaker teams that park the bus.

That being said, I think we should finish top 4 this season, and that will be the most important thing. Championship for next season :)

Coppa Italia Results

We beat Udinese and Atalanta in the first rounds, and what a semi-final do we have now! On the other side of it, Inter will take on Napoli who I hope will produce a surprise, as The Nerazzurri look invincible at the moment.

Champions League Round of 16:

image.png.15ed26e7dc155e9f9dceacb71b56bc09.png

We did it! And what a magnificent home performance and Bayern, no doubt the biggest achievement in the save so far. However, the next giant might be too big to defeat:

image.png.a8e98bad426be62a9c5debe85cf1049a.png

Youth Intake:

The first season intake is an excellent one. Our best prospect is Vincenzo Archetti, who looks like a solid CB at 15 years old. Need some work on that determination, but dominant in the air. There are also goalkeeper Andrea Aloe, Frank Sanogo, who already got decent play-making attributes, and Mirko Moscatelli, who's determination issues are worse than Archetti.

There were a few more that I signed, for squad depth and to make sure no-one slips between the cracks, but these are the leading players, who I feel could feature for us in the future.

Next up is the final match of March, against Bologna, and then April promises to be a mad one. 3 matches against Roma - one in the league and two in the cups, and the quarter finals of the Champions League against Manchester City.

Edited by TheJanitor
fixed link

image.png.56e54182b8cfe362e673962da08266df.png

Serie A 23/24 Final Table | Leading Goalscorers

It was a frustrating end to the season. The final match pretty much summed up our entire season. We took the lead at 9th minute, controlled play, failed to capitalize, and Milan scored a pen in extra time.

Our inability to create quality chances cost us this season. Hopefully, we will put this behind us in the next one. Despite this, the magnificent Ciro Immobile won the Capocannoniere award with 26 goals! what a player, replacing him will be very difficult. I am encouraged by Taty doing a decent job at his loan, but a transfer will be needed either way.

Coppa Italia Semi Finals | Coppa Italia Final

Both ends of the penalty coin. The final was one of the most frustrating I ever had. In the 89th minute, Smith Rowe gave us 3-1 lead. Arnautovic scored twice in ET to level the result. I nearly punched the screen. It would have been nice to enjoy a cup this season as we deserved one.

Champions League Quarter Finals

We actually won against Man City 2-1 at home. At the return match, it was pretty level initially, and we even missed a close chance to score early on, but then Pellegrini got a 2nd yellow before the 20th minute and it all went south from there. Honestly, we would have probably lost either way, and it was a decent performance with 10 men.

The final will be PSG against Napoli of all teams.

Best XI

No arguments from me. These were our best players this season. The tasks for next season would be rejuvenating the full-back positions, and finding capable replacements for Immobile and Luis Alberto.

1 hour ago, TheJanitor said:

image.png.56e54182b8cfe362e673962da08266df.png

Serie A 23/24 Final Table | Leading Goalscorers

It was a frustrating end to the season. The final match pretty much summed up our entire season. We took the lead at 9th minute, controlled play, failed to capitalize, and Milan scored a pen in extra time.

Our inability to create quality chances cost us this season. Hopefully, we will put this behind us in the next one. Despite this, the magnificent Ciro Immobile won the Capocannoniere award with 26 goals! what a player, replacing him will be very difficult. I am encouraged by Taty doing a decent job at his loan, but a transfer will be needed either way.

Coppa Italia Semi Finals | Coppa Italia Final

Both ends of the penalty coin. The final was one of the most frustrating I ever had. In the 89th minute, Smith Rowe gave us 3-1 lead. Arnautovic scored twice in ET to level the result. I nearly punched the screen. It would have been nice to enjoy a cup this season as we deserved one.

Champions League Quarter Finals

We actually won against Man City 2-1 at home. At the return match, it was pretty level initially, and we even missed a close chance to score early on, but then Pellegrini got a 2nd yellow before the 20th minute and it all went south from there. Honestly, we would have probably lost either way, and it was a decent performance with 10 men.

The final will be PSG against Napoli of all teams.

Best XI

No arguments from me. These were our best players this season. The tasks for next season would be rejuvenating the full-back positions, and finding capable replacements for Immobile and Luis Alberto.

Unlucky in the cup. Will make the first trophy you win even sweeter. Great job overall though 👏 

After doing a beta save with Sampdoria I have started my FM24 save with Foggia in Serie C and have also decided to document it in the career forum on here but below you can see my first post outlining my vision for the save.

photostudio_1700374502587.thumb.png.cc46510aecdd9ba76cdcb7a20f470280.png

Building a Path to Glory: The Vision for Calcio Foggia 1920 in Serie C

Introduction:

Calcio Foggia 1920 finds itself in Serie C, but the vision for the club extends far beyond its current status. The goal is ambitious yet strategic: to climb the ranks, reaching Serie B and eventually Serie A while securing silverware in the form of the Coppa Italia, qualifying for European competitions, and ultimately winning Serie A. This vision is not just about short-term success; it's about building a sustainable and successful future for the club.

Philosophy:

1. Youth Development:

The cornerstone of Calcio Foggia 1920's strategy lies in nurturing young talent. Establishing a robust youth academy will be crucial to ensure a steady influx of skilled players who understand the club's values and can contribute to its long-term success. Investing in youth means investing in the future.

2. Smart Player Recruitment:

While youth development is essential, strategic player recruitment is equally crucial. The club will focus on identifying and acquiring players who not only possess skill and talent but also align with the club's philosophy and vision. Quality over quantity will be the mantra, ensuring that each addition to the squad strengthens the team both on and off the field.

3. Progressive Style of Play:

The team's playing style will be dynamic and progressive, emphasizing possession-based football with quick transitions. This approach not only aligns with the modern game but also showcases the club's commitment to entertaining its fans while achieving success.

Timeline:

1. Serie B Promotion (2-3 years):

The immediate goal is to secure promotion to Serie B within the next 2-3 seasons. This will require a blend of experienced players and promising youngsters working together to navigate the challenges of Serie C and position the club for a higher level of competition.

2. Consolidation in Serie B (2-3 years):

Following promotion, the focus shifts to establishing Calcio Foggia 1920 as a competitive force in Serie B. This period will involve fine-tuning the squad, adapting to the higher level of play, and aiming for a solid mid-table finish.

3. Serie A Ascent (3-5 years):

With a stable presence in Serie B, the club will set its sights on the ultimate goal – promotion to Serie A. Achieving this within 3-5 years will require careful planning, financial prudence, and a squad capable of competing at the top tier.

4. Coppa Italia Triumph (5-7 years):

Simultaneously, the club will aim to make its mark in domestic cup competitions. Winning the Coppa Italia within the next 5-7 years will not only bring silverware but also open the door to European competitions.

5. European Qualification (7-10 years):

Qualifying for European competitions will be a testament to the club's growth. This step will require sustained success in Serie A, showcasing Calcio Foggia 1920 on the continental stage.

6. Serie A Title (10+ years):

The ultimate goal – winning Serie A. This ambitious target acknowledges the time and effort required to build a squad capable of challenging the traditional giants of Italian football. Patience, persistence, and a commitment to the long-term vision will be essential.

Conclusion:

Calcio Foggia 1920's journey from Serie C to Serie A, with triumphs in the Coppa Italia and European qualification, is a meticulously planned and ambitious undertaking. The emphasis on youth development, strategic player recruitment, and a progressive playing style aligns with the club's vision of sustained success. While the timeline is ambitious, it is grounded in realism, recognizing the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. The path to glory is not just about reaching the destination; it's about building a legacy that resonates for years to come.

FM24 The Rise Of The Rossoneri (Foggia) https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/580087-fm24-the-rise-of-the-rossoneri-foggia/

Edited by The TurnstileTimes

Started a game as AS Roma, renewed Dybala contract straight away for 3 years without the release clause. 2 days later, he got injured for 2 month. Game back from injury, played 2 games and then injured again for 6 weeks. So yes, I'm thinking of selling him. 

Had to cancel Renato Sanchez loan as he teared his ACL in late August. 

Pellegrini left for Al Ittihad for 60M€. I didn't want to sell him but he forced his way out and 60M€ isn't bad. Brought in Eric Martel, Alvaro Fidalgo, Martin Vitik and Baldanzi. 

Mid season update with Sorrento.

Once again we are sitting mid table, never able to make a consistent run of games and move ahead of the pack. Fortunately for us, the middle is very tight. And with a good run of form, hopefully we can reach the promotion play offs and hope for a miracle. Our star player Andrei Coubis, refused to enter into contract negotiations. He was determined to see to the end of his contact, as a result we had to reach out to some intermediaries to find a transfer. Catanzaro quickly came in for an offer of 2.2m, I worked them up to 2.9m +30% of the future sale, not a bad deal. That added 2m to our transfer budget, and I got quickly to work.

I renewed a couple of players contracts, and then I hit the transfer market... We are currently 4th in the Xg table. Our strikers are letting us down, but I couldn't find any better replacements this window. So we looked at other positions, our first priority is to replace a inverted full back to replace Coubis.

20231120203811_1.thumb.jpg.619e33f4504a3bb486b2bc9a4329c9be.jpg

20231120200921_1.thumb.jpg.485dbf9ba4fc64e823404d53f729f5fc.jpg

Adam Bakoune is our Coubis replacement, he has a very similar physical profile. Although more of a wing back, he slots perfectly into out inverted full back role Coubis played. He is on loan from Atalanta, with a 650k option to buy.

20231120201305_1.thumb.jpg.dacc6f039731f128355248974828be45.jpg

Now this is my marque signing, Igor Strzalek. He immediately became our best player upon transferring from  Legia Warsaw.  Transfer fee was 500k up front, 700k in instalments, and a 5% sell on clause.

20231120201142_1.thumb.jpg.850953b203211b9a41384438a1346e89.jpg

Our other key signing was Nicola Dalmonte, a gifted play maker who can play on the wing or as a striker.

20231120201147_1.thumb.jpg.38028cab5071566b31187494870ceb28.jpg

4 hours ago, SanTullo said:

Mid season update with Sorrento.

Once again we are sitting mid table, never able to make a consistent run of games and move ahead of the pack. Fortunately for us, the middle is very tight. And with a good run of form, hopefully we can reach the promotion play offs and hope for a miracle. Our star player Andrei Coubis, refused to enter into contract negotiations. He was determined to see to the end of his contact, as a result we had to reach out to some intermediaries to find a transfer. Catanzaro quickly came in for an offer of 2.2m, I worked them up to 2.9m +30% of the future sale, not a bad deal. That added 2m to our transfer budget, and I got quickly to work.

I renewed a couple of players contracts, and then I hit the transfer market... We are currently 4th in the Xg table. Our strikers are letting us down, but I couldn't find any better replacements this window. So we looked at other positions, our first priority is to replace a inverted full back to replace Coubis.

20231120203811_1.thumb.jpg.619e33f4504a3bb486b2bc9a4329c9be.jpg

20231120200921_1.thumb.jpg.485dbf9ba4fc64e823404d53f729f5fc.jpg

Adam Bakoune is our Coubis replacement, he has a very similar physical profile. Although more of a wing back, he slots perfectly into out inverted full back role Coubis played. He is on loan from Atalanta, with a 650k option to buy.

20231120201305_1.thumb.jpg.dacc6f039731f128355248974828be45.jpg

Now this is my marque signing, Igor Strzalek. He immediately became our best player upon transferring from  Legia Warsaw.  Transfer fee was 500k up front, 700k in instalments, and a 5% sell on clause.

20231120201142_1.thumb.jpg.850953b203211b9a41384438a1346e89.jpg

Our other key signing was Nicola Dalmonte, a gifted play maker who can play on the wing or as a striker.

20231120201147_1.thumb.jpg.38028cab5071566b31187494870ceb28.jpg

Hi,

Can u tell me what facepack are you using ?

Loving the Italian forum and I was brought up on CH4 Italian highlights, so managing in Serie A is always an interest. I’be decided to do a 5 year save with Roma and see what happens. Love their players and legends (including Mourinho). Hopefully it will be fun!

I'm playing with AC Trento this year, we got promoted via the Playoffs the First season, survived in mid table Serie B the next season and are currently on course for a top half or another mid table finish. Financially we are so out of range, that Serie A will take some time to reach. But since Südtirol got relegated we are the highest playing Trentino-Alto Adige club.

14 hours ago, Atrux said:

I'm playing with AC Trento this year, we got promoted via the Playoffs the First season, survived in mid table Serie B the next season and are currently on course for a top half or another mid table finish. Financially we are so out of range, that Serie A will take some time to reach. But since Südtirol got relegated we are the highest playing Trentino-Alto Adige club.

Serie B is really difficult to gain promotion this time around. I'm currently playing my third season in Serie B with Sorrento. There is literally zero money in serie B, and most serie c clubs going up don't have much money. At this point I have sell players before I can buy, or even renew contracts.

Going strong with Roma, only thing is everyone is fishing for my big players in Jan. Had to promise to sell them for big deals in the summer. Might have to do a rebuild at the end of the season. Missed out on Beraldi and Missouri due to our squad/team not being strong enough

Sorrento season 3/4 update.

We hit a good run of form towards the end of the season, mainly due to out new signings creating more chances for our striker. Our striker on loan from Lazio, Valerio Crespi, finished the season strong with 16 goals. We ended signing him on a free, for modest wages. Igor Strzalek had an immediate impact, and provided both goals and assist playing as our number 10. We entered the playoffs during the preliminary round. With our good run of form, anything is possible. Serie B playoffs are a little tricky, if the game ends in a draw. The higher seeded team goes through to the next round, us being the last seed had no choice but to go for the victory every match.

The match started off very well, we were holding possession well and scored off a set-piece. Unfortunately for us, our starting 20year old starting DM, Diego Ripani, demonstrated his lack of experience. He slide in with a nasty tackle from behind. At the point we are tried our best to weather the storm, but being down a man against a superior team was a tall task. We eventually lost 3-1, and I immediately criticized  Ripani and transfer listed him. Catanzaro came in with a 1m euro bud +20% sell on clause, I quickly accepted. Great deal for us, since he came in on a free.

20231124081223_1.thumb.jpg.37580056b8d036b2fe9f073fda8ac295.jpg

20231124081254_1.thumb.jpg.9bbdda037a7cdb5e984dd555560cae93.jpg

Now here's where things get interesting, we have started the 2026/27 season in scintillating form. We already beat some of the top teams soundly. We smashed Sampdoria 3-0 at home, and we beat Empoli 2-1 away from home (they had a stoppage time set piece goal). Our team is mostly the same last season, we added a couple loans from Napoli to fill some gaps in the squad. But are key signings over the summer were Niccolo Armini from Potenza (350k), and new-gen Davide Placidi from Pescara (275k).

20231125110606_1.thumb.jpg.feb98d85bcca6414e068241b67bb4467.jpg

This is how my tactic is set up, I adjust a bit between home, away, and which side gets the inverted full-back based on the opposition. When I go up, I usually lower the tempo a bit and switch the striker to PF-D.

20231125110803_1.thumb.jpg.09d53eb862c228fdbb9023c59a48a2e7.jpg

Edited by SanTullo

Le 19/11/2023 à 09:21, CRN711 a dit :

Started a game as AS Roma, renewed Dybala contract straight away for 3 years without the release clause. 2 days later, he got injured for 2 month. Game back from injury, played 2 games and then injured again for 6 weeks. So yes, I'm thinking of selling him. 

Had to cancel Renato Sanchez loan as he teared his ACL in late August. 

Pellegrini left for Al Ittihad for 60M€. I didn't want to sell him but he forced his way out and 60M€ isn't bad. Brought in Eric Martel, Alvaro Fidalgo, Martin Vitik and Baldanzi. 

Sold Dybala for 40+9M€ to PSG in January and closed a few deals for next season

image.thumb.png.d0c139947265219d7e3aa99fc26d8b8d.png

Ended the season with a treble :

image.thumb.png.abc5511043cd048f1067c01a245b0eaa.png

I fme'd Liverpool in the Final

image.png.152ec99f1ab0910a7b7d068f250ae853.png

Tactic for those who would want to try it

image.png.152d6b17553d1fb07ddac561ea1da014.png

Only PIs are "Mark Tighter" on the BPDs. 

My only question is why don't I have more green links between my players ? I have used this tactics and starting XI for more than half of the season.. 

image.png

On 25/11/2023 at 01:51, SanTullo said:

Serie B is really difficult to gain promotion this time around. I'm currently playing my third season in Serie B with Sorrento. There is literally zero money in serie B, and most serie c clubs going up don't have much money. At this point I have sell players before I can buy, or even renew contracts.

My wage budget is the biggest concern. I can't even sign players on a free if they want more than 200k per year. Just not possible. Season's going really well and we even made it to the third round of the Coppa and weren't completely without a chance against Milan there.

Currently having a good campaign with Sudtirol in Serie B

The challenge is really interesting as the club doesn't have a good stadium, facilities

No money and few players to rely on

8 games to go and i'm still on the race for direct promotion, should be able to make it to the playoff at least

Fun save in any case, will definitely recommend to have a look to this really particular team with everything to build and the particularity to also have an important austrian background

On 27/11/2023 at 12:00, nico_france said:

Currently having a good campaign with Sudtirol in Serie B

The challenge is really interesting as the club doesn't have a good stadium, facilities

No money and few players to rely on

8 games to go and i'm still on the race for direct promotion, should be able to make it to the playoff at least

Fun save in any case, will definitely recommend to have a look to this really particular team with everything to build and the particularity to also have an important austrian background

Our rivals :D In my save they got relegated for a season, so well done!

So Third Season with Trento and Second in Serie B done. We finished 4th place and Made it into the playoffs, only cause Monza lost in the 92th Minute, making the margin 13 Points instead of 14. We quickly got eliminated in the Semis and Monza won promotion. Now the 4th season started with a Coppa loss to Udinese, but also 4 from 4 wins in the League.

image.png.f964f1e7adb9d0ba45c21a4d692b494c.png

Third season in the Serie B we secured promotion. Don't know how we are going to survive in Serie A, but well maybe it's just going to be a financial repair season and we go down immediately.

6 hours ago, DavutOzkan said:

Example? I've been playing in Serie A since release and haven't had an issue. Granted, I haven't been in Europe until this upcoming season. 

Pretty much a match every 3 days.

Just started a save with Juve! 

Anyone done something crazy and sold Chiesa and Vlahovic? How much did you get? I'm tempted because im not getting much from them and we look better attacking when they are not playing. 

I usually like to dominate games but decided to try counter attacking, its worrying me not having the ball.

Edited by Ncfc_king

Sorrento season four update

We suffered another play off lost. This time we were knocked out in semi-final, by Empoli. Our goal keeper really let us down during the first leg, he conceded 3 goals on 5 shots. He has since been transfer listed. I am trying to sort out a replacement, but with no money it's very difficult. Once again, we will have to sell players in order to buy. And only our good players our worth anything. Out of curiosity, has anyone had their club go into administration? I got the notification in my inbox twice thought out the season, but nothing happened. The chairperson is still looking to sell the club... another interesting season is ahead of us. It might be my last if I don't secure promotion. Maybe I'll let my contract run out at the end of the season, or I'll start a new save in Japan now that has been fixed.. allegedly. 

In bocca al lupo tutti!

20231202154218_1.thumb.jpg.b124079ce3a93ab0691e0e5588e8679d.jpg

Edited by SanTullo

Anyone started a game with Inter?

Happy with my 433 tactic, seems solid enough so far and scoring hasn't been an issue with goals from all around the pitch.

Made it to Christmas in good form, well  ahead in the league, with only 1 loss and 1 draw, & a large goal difference. Have also qualified for the next round of the Champions League.

Wanted to build a team based around the core of the team in Martinez, Barella, & Bastoni. Have found Dimarco, Thuram, Pavard, & Dumfries to form part of a good 1st eleven.

The problem I’m now seeing is that there isn’t a great deal of depth. To compound that, I’ve no transfer budget. Had to give out a couple of new contracts so I have no room to manoeuvre with wages either.

Potential outgoings in January are Hakan (wanted by PSG), who I don’t want to sell but is aging & gives me a chance of recouping a large fee, & Darmian (Saudi clubs have taken an interest). Hoping to offload a large amount of reserve & youth team players too as we have far too many, & there isn’t much quality there.

Have several loans becoming permanent in the summer, none of which I particularly want, & plenty of older squad members out of contract at the end of the season who I think I will let go.

Is this a joke, or the game trying to stop my chances at finally gaining promotion to Serie A?

Starting keeper, Baresic, goes out for 8 weeks. Okay fine, my back-up is decent. Zamarion starts the next game. 20 minutes in, breaks his hand. Del Sorbo finishes the game, but he is not even close to being Serie B level. Luck has it that Nikita Contini, former Napoli back up, is available for a free transfer....Torn wrist ligaments during his second match. And then, Del Sorbo goes down for two weeks with the flu. I scrounge up Kochalski on free transfer... Is it only a matter of time before he gets injured now?

Porco Miseria!

20231212175820_1.thumb.jpg.046b79d752054132c6a1ff48edcb8cdc.jpg

On 08/12/2023 at 17:22, saware said:

Anyone started a game with Inter?

Happy with my 433 tactic, seems solid enough so far and scoring hasn't been an issue with goals from all around the pitch.

Made it to Christmas in good form, well  ahead in the league, with only 1 loss and 1 draw, & a large goal difference. Have also qualified for the next round of the Champions League.

Wanted to build a team based around the core of the team in Martinez, Barella, & Bastoni. Have found Dimarco, Thuram, Pavard, & Dumfries to form part of a good 1st eleven.

The problem I’m now seeing is that there isn’t a great deal of depth. To compound that, I’ve no transfer budget. Had to give out a couple of new contracts so I have no room to manoeuvre with wages either.

Potential outgoings in January are Hakan (wanted by PSG), who I don’t want to sell but is aging & gives me a chance of recouping a large fee, & Darmian (Saudi clubs have taken an interest). Hoping to offload a large amount of reserve & youth team players too as we have far too many, & there isn’t much quality there.

Have several loans becoming permanent in the summer, none of which I particularly want, & plenty of older squad members out of contract at the end of the season who I think I will let go.

I've played 10 years with Inter and after the first season the finances get a lot easier. First season I think all I got was Jan Paul van Hecke on a free.

We finally did it! It took us four seasons, and a whole heap of financial trouble to make it to Serie A. We comfortably won the league with 3 match days remaining, despite having to sign 2 back-up keepers due to injuries. Our strong back line lead us through on our push for promotion, with the stand out being Christian Dalle Mura. An absolutely wonderful free transfer. 3-5-2 seems to very strong this year, but it was also very strong last year. I wanted to stick to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, but it's the Italian in me that reverted back to a comfortable 3-5-2/3-4-1-2/3-4-2-1. It's a versatile set-up, that can change depending on personnel and fitness levels. Certainly allows the rotation of players, alla Gasparini's Atalanta. But, I take more conservative approach. My line is lower, and I adjust counter-press/regroup depending how the match is going. 

20231215181653_1.thumb.jpg.59232eaf0aeea467edea5403f7213d6a.jpg

20231215181851_1.thumb.jpg.8e6377801a3f0b24a9e3d958ede6326d.jpg

Edited by SanTullo

• 2 weeks later...

Sorrento update.

We did very well our first season in Serie A. Finishing ninth position, and somehow qualifying for the ECL. No idea how really, It must be these new formats or something. Which is both bad, and good. Because I do not have the squad depth to compete on two fronts, and I lack the money to properly reinforce the squad. I might just play the B team mid-week and see how far that gets us.

20231223194127_1.thumb.jpg.5f5a56fd50d95f8809b2fbe26aeb0261.jpg

I started a save with Fiorentina, one of my favourite teams from Italy. Playing 4231, currently in February in my first season, Serie A is characteristically tight with only 2 points between 1st place (Inter) and 4th - where I'm sitting. Topped the Conference League group and still in the Coppa Italia with a semi-final against Roma coming up (had a pretty easy draw against Lecce and Spezia). Lost in the Supercup final to Inter after narrowly beating Napoli.

It's a good squad all over so I'm hoping to make top 4, especially since I promised Nico Gonzalez Champions League football, desperate to keep hold of him. I brought in Valentin Gendrey for 4.6m since we start with a bit of an injury crisis at right-back for and he has potential but I can see him being pushed out when Dodo comes back from injury, plus Kayode is our best prospect and is already first team ready at only 19. I don't think Pierozzi is at the level I require so will probably move him on next season. Also brought in wonderkid Valentin Barco (3.9m release clause was hard to pass up), even though leftback is well covered by Biraghi who at 31 still has the pace and is bombing in crosses and Parisi, another strong prospect.

Milenkovic (thankfully) has a long-term contract and was willing to stay despite big offers from the likes of Man Utd and Newcastle. Easily our best CB, mostly partnered him with Ranieri. Yerry Mina is decent but this is an area I want to improve. Martinez Quarta keeps kicking up a fuss about a new deal but I'm not willing to give him such high wages, will move him on once I find a better alternative. 

Alfred Duncan was in the last year of his contract so I cashed in. Brought in Simon Sohm as a decent back-up and has time to improve at 22. Central midfield has been made up of mostly Mandragora and Maxime Lopez (on loan). Amrabat comes back from loan next season, but he has massive contract demands, may well sell him if a good offer comes in. In attack, there's Barak and Castrovilli who are both capable, and 34 year old Bonaventura who has another season to provide some depth. Don't need to worry too much about the wings which are well-covered by Niko, Kouame, Sottli, Brekalo who are all in their 20s and good quality.

Our out-and-out are strikers are new signings M'Bala Nzola and Lucas Beltran. Nzola has been immense, 12 goals from 12 games (2 from pens), just really good physical and technicals, only lacks aerial ability. Beltran has been a bit disappointing so far given his price tag, but is only 22 so I expect him to improve.

32 players in the first team squad, a number of players out on loan with contracts coming up. Will have a bit of a clear out next season, don't need to radically alter the squad but a new GK is also needed since Terraccino is 33 and his deputy, Oliver Christensen, doesn't look good enough.

I'd like to keep an Italian core for the team, I think maybe at least 5 Italian players in the first 11 is a good target, and there is plenty of young, quality Italian players about.