England vs Senegal, Round of 16. 7PM GMT, Al Bayt Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

Matterface wondering how easy it is to change the ball, if only there was more than one ball available.... 

even Dixon then said “the probably have more than one chip” when the correct answer is they all have chips :D :D 

2 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

Boggles the mind that Mendy sorted himself out long enough to win UCL. 

Think he's built an entire reputation off a couple of important shotstopping performances in that tournament and not being Kepa,

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

Matterface wondering how easy it is to change the ball, if only there was more than one ball available.... 

Say what you like about other commentators, you do the feeling they watched a game of football before getting the job :D 

2 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Think he's built an entire reputation off a couple of important shotstopping performances in that tournament and not being Kepa,

That's how football works most of the time and especially for goalkeepers.

If we just look at club careers, I'd rather have Mendy's than Pickford's, even though Pickford is obviously a better keeper.

2 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Alright Lee Dixon, calm down.

Are you saying he wasn't being fouled? I get that it's fun to take the mick out of Maguire at any opportunity, but I don't get what he's meant to do with a player holding his arm with both hands.

Also lol at the lino.

Just now, m_fenton said:

Are you saying he wasn't being fouled? I get that it's fun to take the mick out of Maguire at any opportunity, but I don't get what he's meant to do with a player holding his arm with both hands.

Also lol at the lino.

The only thing more fun than taking the mick out of Maguire is taking the mick out of Lee Dixon :D 

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

That's how football works most of the time and especially for goalkeepers.

If we just look at club careers, I'd rather have Mendy's than Pickford's, even though Pickford is obviously a better keeper.

tbh there's a lot of keepers a lot less decorated than both that either I'd trust more to be consistent

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Shouldn't be a penalty, touched his body first...but then again, maybe it was going on target.

Never a handball pen, but think Pickford is lucky. GKs have pens called against them for far less contact than that. 

1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

Idk what Declan Rice's "value" was pre-WC, but it should be a lot less now. 

Looks like a textbook definition of an "alibi player" as my dad likes to say.

Hides from the ball whenever possible, when he gets it just passes it to the next player.

People are going to blame CBs for passing it around, but it's mostly on Rice for not knowing what to do.

Edited by GunmaN1905

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Never when the ball's just been blazed over the bar though.

When it's knocked harmlessly out of play, regularly. Not saying it should be a pen, but that's more a shout than the handball.