Netherlands vs USA, Round of 16. Live at 3pm GMT from the Khalifa International Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Coulthard's Jaw said:

USA need to keep their heads here, you can come back from 1-0. 2-0 and it's game over.

Yep. Need to remain calm and not start losing their shape and chasing the game too much at this point. Plenty of time. Where their lack of experience might go against them. 

2 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Bit like when they played us.

Looking at Dutch here, Southgate clearly had the right idea for the US. Just Southgate forgot the important bit about hitting them with quick counters...

Just now, DJ said:

Mainly a faster one...

Do you have any other options for the left?

I get the Netherlands are going for a counter attacking style but commentators acting like this is some masterplan going perfectly seems insane to me, I really don't think this is a good performance and USA look like they'll create chances and indeed already have. They look like they're lacking quality up front though.

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I get the Netherlands are going for a counter attacking style but commentators acting like this is some masterplan going perfectly seems insane to me, I really don't think this is a good performance and USA look like they'll create chances and indeed already have. They look like they're lacking quality up front though.

Though having said this the Dutch counters do look very good

5 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

That Ferreira chap is not in the game at all. 

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Who is this Ferreira? He's awful

1) not (really) a striker

2) not match fit

3) in poor form when he was last playing 

USA have found decent spaces plenty of times now and completely ruined the chance to work a decent opportunity. Netherlands will be content but there's enough here that the USA could get something eventually but they've got to be loads better in the final third.

I think the Dutch gameplan has been good but I really don't think they can do that against a better team. If USA had better quality they could easily have created so many chances but have been dreadful in the final third and very poor defending for the second goal.