Croatia vs Belgium & Canada vs Morocco - 3pm GMT

Darius1998

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Having just watched the incident in question (terrible video quality, but still), it does looks to me more like "cmon dude, it's enough, **** off the" than anything nefarious.

Dinamo does have a dodgy, match fixing reputation so I guess that could paint it in a negative light but just this situation in a vacuum, I have to side with kpain here...

Match fixing reputation? Say what mate? They have a reputation of having a criminal board that dodges taxes and steals money, but match fixing? That's a new one for me.

1 minute ago, kpain16 said:

Match fixing reputation? Say what mate? They have a reputation of having a criminal board that dodges taxes and steals money, but match fixing? That's a new one for me.

Haven't they had quite a few come back wins against their feeder side in the league ? I remember it solely because it became a meme in my Skype group back in the days...

If I misremembering it, I apologize...

9 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

As far as I understand there's no tolerance with the semi-automated system being used here. Even if the technology is mm accurate, a margin in favour of the attacker would be better for the game imo.

Exact figures could be tweaked, bit something similar to Umpire's Call in cricket:

A) Level or behind the defender, onside.

B) 10cm ahead of the defender, offside.

C) 1mm-10cm ahead of the defender, stick with linesman's decision (either way).

What's worse than being 1mm away from being onside? Being onside by 9mm but still being 1mm away from being "onside"

Cricket has umpire's call because the technology is predictive and so actually isn't necessarily right about small margins (and it's even reasonable to believe elite umpires are sometimes able to see  things in the ball movement off the specific pitch and player reaction that the tech isn't equipped to understand). On the other hand this tech is correct about the position of the sensors, whereas linesmen are just guessing margins they almost certainly can't see, so having them overrule the tech isn't making things better. They get to have their "call" overrule the tech on the stuff it can't judge (no, that player wasn't trying to play the ball, no that keeper couldn't have been impeded by that player) instead, although I wish they'd do it more because I've seen a few decisions already where the ref has gone to the monitor, agreed that a player was in an offside position but apparently forgotten stuff like this not mattering if the opponent headed a clearance to them...

Lukaku would like a 10mm margin for error with the post :D 

Juranović is legit scared, a decent player but he's literally scared of making mistakes, which leads him to always making poor decisions.

Btw, what happened with this Doku kid? He was very good at EURO, iirc, then didn't get any minutes here.

Looked more lively in these few minutes so far than their entire attack.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just now, XuluBak said:

Wtf is the keeper doing there? 

You know how people say some goalkeepers hug the line?

Well, if you made a textbook definition of one as a example, Livaković would be it. Simplest of crosses scare him. He'll have an easier time saving a one on one than catching a cross.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Didn't expect Morocco to win this group (knock on wood). Now for some true mayhem, I want to see Japan beat Spain and Costa Rica beat Germany so Spain get knocked out by finishing 3rd behind the team they beat 7-0.

:D If that happens!