Match 31: Brazil vs Switzerland live from Stadium 974

PMLF

3 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

I know he was poor last game but how can people not appreciate Neymar? Game's been ***** without him.

I don't think there's any lack of appreciation for Neymar's ability as a footballer. People not liking Neymar is another matter, separate from, although, exacerbated by his ability as a footballer. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Harryseaess said:

I agree. From watching him this season he's a lot more complete than I previously thought he was.

Imagine needing a world class DM for years and then having fans moaning when you actually signed one of the best :D 

(not you but loads of United fans didn’t want him)

1 minute ago, Darius1998 said:

Second game in a row where Brazil have got better as the game has gone on.

They can tire a team out and then just bring on a bunch of fresh world class forwards, it's pretty mad. 

Their defence will be an issue though you'd think. 

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Imagine needing a world class DM for years and then having fans moaning when you actually signed one of the best :D 

(not you but loads of United fans didn’t want him)

Massively premature assessment, this. The issue isn't how well he plays this season, it's how well he's playing in 18 months when he's still on £350k a week for another two years and we can't afford to buy a replacement. 

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

They can tire a team out and then just bring on a bunch of fresh world class forwards, it's pretty mad. 

Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Alisson is a pretty solid trio in the middle. Casemiro in front. Will be tough to breach.

I don't think they've really been troubled yet by a team with a good attack. Switzerland are waste and Serbia one of the most consistently overhyped teams. Will be interesting to see against someone with a quality forward or two

2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Switzerland have been bad at testing the defence, I think better sides (of which there aren't that many I guess) cause them quite a few problems.

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Wouldn't even go that far. They've got (at least) three really good CBs. Their FBs are baffling though. 

3 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Alisson is a pretty solid trio in the middle. Casemiro in front. Will be tough to breach.

I don't think they've really been troubled yet by a team with a good attack. Switzerland are waste and Serbia one of the most consistently overhyped teams. Will be interesting to see against someone with a quality forward or two

1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

Wouldn't even go that far. They've got (at least) three really good CBs. Their FBs are baffling though. 

Definitely good through the middle, but if a team can hit their full backs with overloads it could surely be effective. They play quite high risk in possession as well so they're definitely there to be counter attacked I think.

When Switzerland have tried to counter they've almost always had a man free but they've been useless at finding him...

Edited by Smallen

FT 1-0

Brazil qualified and beat Switzerland for the first time ever in a World Cup.

If Brazil beat Cameroon, it will be the first time since 2010 that Brazil win all group stage games.

Just now, Astafjevs said:

I like Brazil but I'm going to tire very quickly if, every time they play, we have to cut to their good ex-players in the crowd grinning. All a bit Liverpool with Dalglish, Rush et al. at Anfield

I wanna see Ronaldinho grinning in the crowd.

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Who said the Swiss the were more exciting now? I was expecting more

In fairness they were still playing it out from the back and so on. I think they were bad at capitalising when they won the ball back rather than overly negative, Brazil weren't taking too many risks either.