*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

Women's football is for life; not just a one edition publicity grab

Here's what I mean by this.  Bringing in women's leagues means you need to maintain the databases for those leagues on an ongoing basis. Are the researchers there? Are they going to continue to be?  How does that affect preparation of the mid-season db update - it already takes an eternity after the closing of the window - have SI made the process for updating and verifying the data more efficient? 

What unique league and transfer rules are in place in the women's leagues are there that will need to be kept up to date in parallel with the men's game? We already see from comments on currently licensed leagues that SI are failing to ensure that all leagues included the game work properly or have up to date rules and then there's going to be numerous women's leagues on top of that. You can bet that those few people who are into the women's game will be fanatical about it and will call SI out on every little thing the same as happens with all the issues in the US game.

Is the women's game going to have it's own match engine?  It probably should have - ME changes; we are told are incredibly complex and delicate.  SI tell us it's a major task to stop excessive long balls out of defence or get IW/IF players acting in a correct manner. yet at the same time they can create an ME that will convey all the subtleties of the differences between men's and women's games and maintain it on an ongoing basis. 

A different model for player development and aging out of the game?

The point here is not really about women's football - it's about FM and focus.  The game is slowly degrading - new features get added; they contain bugs (inevitable) - the game breaking or higher profile ones get fixed. Everything else just gets kicked into the long grass.  There's an ongoing accumulation of unresolved issues throughout the game. Adding the women's game is going to require changes to every area of a game that is already exhibiting huge fragility in the face of even minor changes like this year's new features.

How can we expect FM to absorb such an expansion of scope when the current game appears to be unsupportable in its current form.

It’s a commitment they’ve made and I believe they should honour it. I hear everything you’re saying and it was fair and not in anyway negative about the woman’s football. But you have to consider that women’s football is the fastest growing part of the game. Its participation levels are through the roof and is becoming an increasingly important part of football. FM  (obviously ) is instrically about football, do you not think it’s sensible that they’re in the party and not late to the party? 
yes it probably means resources are diverted but the final product success is determined by consumer choice. If we all dislike the game we won’t buy it. Yet we all still do. And I’ve been one of the biggest moaners. But it’s still light years ahead of the competition and, despite all its many faults, is a world class game. Of course it would be nice if it was perfect or near perfect but it never will be, that’s impossible. 
Keep on giving constructive feedback, remind the developers where the faults are but don’t aim you ire at the development of the women’s FM game. 

Edited by SimonHoddle

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SimonHoddle said:

It’s a commitment they’ve made and I believe they should honour it. I hear everything you’re saying and it was fair and not in anyway negative about the woman’s football. But you have to consider that women’s football is the fastest growing part of the game. Its participation levels are through the roof and is becoming an increasingly important part of football. FM  (obviously ) is instrically about football, do you not think it’s sensible that they’re in the party not late to the party? 
yes it probably means resources are diverted but the final product success is determined by consumer choice. If we all dislike the game we won’t buy it. Yet we all still do. And I’ve been one of the biggest moaners. But it’s still light years ahead of the competition and, despite all its many faults, is a world class game. Of course it would be nice if it was perfect or near perfect but it never will be, that’s impossible. 
Keep on giving constructive feedback, remind the developers where the faults are but don’t aim you ire at the development of the women’s FM game. 

My worry is not so much about women's football - I'm sure I'll play it when it appears and it opens an interesting career path for a journeyman save or the challenge of winning with both the men's and women's teams of your favourite club.  But I'm very worried about FM's ongoing stability - more things seem to be broken each release and such a major update in so many areas without the core game being much less fragile really concerns me for what the game will be like when women's football hits.

2 minutes ago, SimonHoddle said:

It’s a commitment they’ve made and I believe they should honour it. I hear everything you’re saying and it was fair and not in anyway negative about the woman’s football. But you have to consider that women’s football is the fastest growing part of the game. Its participation levels are through the roof and is becoming an increasingly important part of football. FM  (obviously ) is instrically about football, do you not think it’s sensible that they’re in the party and not late to the party? 

The problem, i feel, is TRUST. If the basics of coding were being demonstrated by SI then I don't think the, dare I say, FEAR, of adding what will be a HUGE section to the game, would be SO diluting to the enthusiasm of something that DOES need to be implemented.

1 minute ago, SimonHoddle said:

It’s a commitment they’ve made and I believe they should honour it. I hear everything you’re saying and it was fair and not in anyway negative about the woman’s football. But you have to consider that women’s football is the fastest growing part of the game. Its participation levels are through the roof and is becoming an increasingly important part of football. FM  (obviously ) is instrically about football, do you not think it’s sensible that they’re in the party not late to the party? 

Dont think you understood my ... ire ... lol . Was not having a go at the developement at all . What i am saying is i dont think many women are playing Football Manager and i dont think having women leagues will bring too many women into the circle of this game to play it , Problem is they are pushing away this game to implement it . They are only doing it so no one says in the future that SI dont support the womens game . They are just coving their bases i think . Some womens sports are great and some are just so so but you can say that for every sport men play too . Real life womens football is great and is growing i guess in the UK but where i live it barely gets a mention . I just cant see it being anything great when is comes to this game . 

How many will actually play . A few men will have a look but only out of curiosity i think . 

Im going to do a poll 

Some general feedback on this game and the genre:

I doubt that making this game FIFA Manager will help this game.

The reason is that we had already a FIFA-Manager in the past and that FM has lost to the SI FM.

EA admits defeat to SEGA’s Football Manager, no more FIFA Manager series » SEGAbits - #1 Source for SEGA News

I payed the EA Manager for many years bcs the SI Manager was unavailable in germany and the EA Manager was graphically advanced and had more options to build a club in detail like the club grounds, the stadium etc.

That manager ran at some point on the engine of the EA FIFA Football game, albeit an older version bcs they had each year to wait for the engine to be developed and than adjust the manager for it so at some point it did no longer work out and they were behind several versions of the FIFA Engine when the EA Manager series ended.

Also the game had to be dumbed down - it had never as many individual stats as the SI Manager but still a good plethora of them and many of them had a some point an influence till in the end maybe speed, strenght, stamina and technic were left influential - the games were becoming more arcadish for that reason.

The EA Manager had at some point in his career the option that the player could take a player role in his club and play the games himself.

Neither that nor the advanced graphical engine saved the EA Manager from losing the FM battle!

People that play SI Football Manager and people that play FIFA Football seem to me in majority two different pools of players and i dont know the technical requirements for FIFA but i know that the SI Manager can be played on almost every PC around so upping the engine to a much more demanding one may actually hurt the SI FM dramatically and end the Series.

The people that like to play an arcade football manager play already a certain pretty simple FIFA Mode - why would they want to change, pay twice to buy a much more thought demanding product that is quite foreign them?

I therefore do not see how a switch of the engine would increase the quality and quantitiy of SI FM.

Edited by Etebaer

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

There's an ongoing accumulation of unresolved issues throughout the game

3 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

But I'm very worried about FM's ongoing stability - more things seem to be broken each release and such a major update in so many areas without the core game being much less fragile really concerns me for what the game will be like when women's football hits.

These 2 phrases are really really good summarizing the reality of current state of the FM series - and if I may, I fear for the future with or without women's football addition.

We have unresolved issues and half baked "features" for years now -  and by the looks of it every year we add more to this list of half baked "features" that will remain disjointed & buggy modules that just frustrates more or in the best case are completely ignored by players.

• Board vision and now supporters vision,
  • players promises and interaction,
  • media,
  • the almost useless "squad planner" ,
  • set pieces ! ,
  • a convoluted and strange scouting system..

28 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Dont think you understood my ... ire ... lol . Was not having a go at the developement at all . What i am saying is i dont think many women are playing Football Manager and i dont think having women leagues will bring too many women into the circle of this game to play it , Problem is they are pushing away this game to implement it . They are only doing it so no one says in the future that SI dont support the womens game . They are just coving their bases i think . Some womens sports are great and some are just so so but you can say that for every sport men play too . Real life womens football is great and is growing i guess in the UK but where i live it barely gets a mention . I just cant see it being anything great when is comes to this game . 

How many will actually play . A few men will have a look but only out of curiosity i think . 

Im going to do a poll 

No they're not and stop trying to push this narrative because it's frankly bollocks. 

I really feel, SI should change the way they release the game to a longer cycle with database updates every other year.

What i think is SI misses out on the EM/WM oportunities and does not capitalize on them.

In between they should release major versions of football manager and in the EM/WM season they should release a EM/WM Version with a database update for the manager game.

I totally agree that nobody plays national teams - i have not done it in a long time bcs the way they play sucks and that is the problem!

But is the solution to ignore the problem or is the solution trying to solve the problem?

Edited by Etebaer

17 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

I really feel, SI should change the way they release the game to a longer cycle with database updates every other year.

What i think is SI misses out on the EM/WM oportunities and does not capitalize on them.

In between they should release major versions of football manager and in the EM/WM season they should release a EM/WM Version with a database update for the manager game.

I totally agree that nobody plays national teams - i have not done it in a long time bcs the way they play sucks and that is the problem!

But is the solution to ignore the problem or is the solution trying to solve the problem?

That makes the massive assumption that this would actually solve a problem.

Only if they solve the reasons national team management is atm not fun.

So they had to improve several things like the whole cumbersome managemant part that appears to be tacked on so you have to learn managing a national team like it is a different game i.e.

Edited by Etebaer

Maaan at some point they should take a year just to polish some rough edges like player interaction, conferences, Ai squad building and make it a 20 bucks paid update. I dont think they will go bankrupt if they do this

1 hour ago, Etebaer said:

Just to have an idea here, EC and WC releases would mean it should been licensed and afaik it's extremely expensive. Also I hugely disagree, international management is only a small 10% portion of what the game has the offer. The game irl evolves every year, adding new roles or new features are priority.

I also blame certain feature requests like this one in particular for most feedback. The game should go back to basics with minor tweaks, not adding stuff.

Yep but i.e. many playres play journeyman careers it seems and managing a nationalteam should be seamless increase the chances for a journeyman manager to get in good realtions with some of the better players of a nation and be able to hire them on their next club station.

The two modes should handshake with each other and about the licensing i have no clue who has the rights you need but it can not be worse as the status quo atm is - it can only be the same or better.

There are quite some possibilities if you think of it!

30 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Maaan at some point they should take a year just to polish some rough edges like player interaction, conferences, Ai squad building and make it a 20 bucks paid update. I dont think they will go bankrupt if they do this

SEGA aren't going to agree to that.

My two pennies worth; Football Manager has been stagnant for some years now. The game needs a major refresh like it used to receive - for example, every few years you would receive an updated next gen version of FM/CM (and when playing it the feeling would a very positive "WOW, this is very good". We are stuck with essentially a repatched game for how many years now?

My normal annualised game time for this series is near to 2k hours... I'm sat at around 250-300 hours, and that's been the case for months as I've not been playing Fm23.

I agree with many points on here and on this page. In relation to women's football integration, especially in relation to the ongoing development of various aspects, it makes me fearful that SI will not be able to cope and other parts of the game will suffer or not get the coverage required to get them to where they need to be.... unless of course SEGA/SI have invested heavily into new staff in order to get things moving?? 

Si team appear to be stuck in a "tinker" mentality. Little tweaks and changes here and there, some offering more than others from a feature point of view, but without ever really addressing issues UI, features, bugs the player base is ASKING for. Give your customer what they ask for and they will be happy with the result. This is sales strategy rule number 1.

We've had good editions of FM over the past several years, but this latest one is not good and lacks significantly in areas. I have faith the SI team will come good again, but right now the latest version hasn't inspired confidence in further purchases for many reasons (which I'm not going to repeat).

11 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

Yep but i.e. many playres play journeyman careers it seems and managing a nationalteam should be seamless increase the chances for a journeyman manager to get in good realtions with some of the better players of a nation and be able to hire them on their next club station.

The two modes should handshake with each other and about the licensing i have no clue who has the rights you need but it can not be worse as the status quo atm is - it can only be the same or better.

There are quite some possibilities if you think of it!

The relation with players is kinda already in the game with players having favorite people to their profile. I.e. Hazard brothers. But I see what you're trying to say and I think it's a good shout.

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I mean I'm still respectful of [USERNAME REDACTED] even when I think they're talking nonsense :brock:

:lol::lol:

And thanks for stepping in and posting that message. As you know we all want FM to be the best it can and hopefully the feedback in this thread helps the people at SI to notice some of the ways they haven't got it quite right and can improve. The only reason we care so much is because you've been able to make a game that we've come to love.

Looking forward to what should be more transparent decision making - particularly when its about longstanding feature requests and bugs.

5 hours ago, BuzzR said:

These 2 phrases are really really good summarizing the reality of current state of the FM series - and if I may, I fear for the future with or without women's football addition.

We have unresolved issues and half baked "features" for years now -  and by the looks of it every year we add more to this list of half baked "features" that will remain disjointed & buggy modules that just frustrates more or in the best case are completely ignored by players.

• Board vision and now supporters vision,
  • players promises and interaction,
  • media,
  • the almost useless "squad planner" ,
  • set pieces ! ,
  • a convoluted and strange scouting system..

Not to be exclusive

AI Squadbuilding is the worst

But most bad is the disintegration of all features added after fm18.

To make FM24 a better game, it does *not* need a "new feature". It needs all the halfbaked additions to be integrated with each other and a better AI. If also all the little things that get reported year after year get ironed out it would be worth a purchase.

But to be honest, I have little hopes for that.  My conclusion is just to never prepurchase again until the game is free of bloat and back to a normal state.

On 23/01/2023 at 22:42, Tyburn said:

The bug tracker is literally pointless. ...

(This rant has been inspired by the line “report it in the bug tracker” for literally ANYTHING, even bugs that have been around for years.)

The bug tracker's not pointless.  I've had issues raised there be taken seriously and addressed quickly and effectively.  And I'm glad it's as easy to use as it is.

It isn't perfect though.  There are definitely important limitations.  One, which I've posted here about before, is the difficulty in raising pattern-of-behavior bugs.  There's not a good way to raise issues relating to things which can happen but aren't guaranteed to happen happening too often or not enough. 

A bigger issue for the kinds of problems that often get brought up in the Feedback thread is the reliance on user-provided save games.  In order to report bugs with interactions, contracts, transfer offers, and other out-of-the-blue non-ME events, users are expected to have saves from before those events occur in which those events will occur.  That places a major burden on the player.  Some bugs have such long time horizons that it's not practical to report them (in FM 2022 I had an under-construction stadium disappear and break my ability to ask for anything stadium-related.  Is it really practical to keep a save from 2026 on the off-chance there's a related bug in 2030?).  Others only reproduce occasionally.  Some, like aberrant transfer offers, can hit any day over a 90-day period, meaning the user needs to save daily, which slows an already-slow game to a crawl.  And some aren't relevant at the start of the game and only become apparent several seasons into a long-term save.  How many saves are players expected to make and how long are we expected to retain them?  Is it really a good idea to train your users to save-scum by constantly reloading to before problematic things happen?

If a player experiences an annoying problem but doesn't have a save, what are they supposed to do?  If they post about it here, they're told to go to the bug tracker.  Posting in the bug tracker without a save just clutters things up for the devs and support team; they can't do anything to investigate, it's practically spam.  So the forum-user experience feels pretty negative; you have a problem and there's nowhere appropriate to talk about it.  It's actually kind of important that players get to post in the Feedback thread about bugs they experience, because it keeps venting posts and posts that don't have the necessary information out of the bug tracker.

And that's not getting into all the offshoots -- being told that the problem is a problem, yes, it's been reproduced but won't be fixed until the next year's game.  Or being told that the feature is working as designed, and make a new feature request (really, wanting a guy who gets a red card in the 19th minute to have a match rating below 7.0 is a new feature request?).  Or being told that the problem has been addressed, only to find that no it actually hasn't.  All of that is tremendously annoying, and it's mostly directed at people who are on the forums because something has already happened to annoy them.

Minor issue that was always in the back of my mind and was confusing to me. When it comes to awards, why the hell isn't the FIFA TheBest Coach of the Year in the game? Since you know...it's a game about managers. 

You have manager of the year awards given in the leagues but the worldwide award for managers for some reason doesn't exist. It would be cool to win those. It's obviously something that falls far behind on the list of things to complain about the game but it was just something that i thought was always weird since awards in the national leagues do exist.

Did they EVER adressed this? 

Edited by DS7

Il 23/1/2023 in 16:53 , CFuller ha scritto:

It's been a few years now since I had a proper long-term save that I could really get into. This has been a problem with FM for some time.

We're seeing the same issues now as we did on FM22, with AI squads being too old and not developing their youngsters. It was completely the opposite on FM21, where younger players would develop and older players would decline far too quickly. There was a major bug on FM20 where user-managed teams would get youth intakes that were always one year older than AI-managed teams. In my opinion, the last FM where long-term saves were seriously viable was FM19.

It seems like SI have become too focussed on satisfying those FMers who only play a few seasons and finish before the newgens take over. That's all well and good, but please don't forget about the long-time players.

At the end of every season on my 25-year holiday save, I looked at the top European national teams - England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal and Spain - noting which players they picked, when they made their debuts, and how old they were on their debuts. I also kept a list of every real-life international player from those same seven nations who made their debut within the last 25 years, so that I had something to compare my findings to.

Between 2022 and 2047 on my holiday save, not a single teenager made their debut for the England senior team. ZERO. There were a couple of 20-year-olds who broke through, but that was it. Only 1 teenager was capped by France, 2 each by Italy, Portugal and Spain, 3 by the Netherlands, and a whopping 7 by Germany. That's 17 teenagers who broke into any of the top European national teams, over the course of 25 years.

To put that into context, 28 teenagers played for England between 1998 and 2022 - and that's before I even get to any of the other six nations.

On FM23, a player from a major European country on FM23 is more likely to make their international debut after they turn 25 rather than before, and many quality players have to wait ridiculously long to get their chance. For example, Valencia had a striker that Spain wouldn't give a debut to until he was 31, by which point he had scored nearly 200 La Liga goals and had finished as the league's top scorer FIVE times. He was also eligible for Nigeria and could have easily switched to them if he wanted to.

This thread is for general feedback, so I won't bore you with all the gory details right now. It's all in an Excel workbook that I've been sitting on for a couple of weeks now, while trying to decide how best to use it.

I thought about reporting these findings in the Bug Tracker, but it seemed like - instead of reporting a clear and specific bug - I would just be reporting the symptoms of multiple potential bugs. AI not developing their youngsters, reputation not growing fast enough, international teams ignoring in-form players, too many veterans not declining fast enough. All those issues add up to unrealistic results like this.

I don't ask for hyperrealism (otherwise Arsenal would win every match on everyone's save :p), but I still expect certain standards from a game that promotes itself as a simulator. Football Manager 2023 just isn't meeting those standards, and Football Manager as a series hasn't met those standards for several years now. That's why I feel so disillusioned right now.

I absolutely agree with you, but I would still post your findings on the bug tracker, even if they are multiple, because it is the only way for our voice to be heard by the devs.

i posted several of them about youth development and AI handling of youngsters myself

This has been an issue for a while, but can you please fix the staff search function? If I am looking for recruitment analysts, I shouldn't have to waste a negotiation with someone who, despite being in the results for 'recruitment analyst', is only interested in being a scout or some other job that isn't the one I'm searching for. I even add the extra search layer of 'preferred job > is', but that doesn't matter. Really annoying and a massive waste of time. 

56 minutes ago, kepz said:

This has been an issue for a while, but can you please fix the staff search function? If I am looking for recruitment analysts, I shouldn't have to waste a negotiation with someone who, despite being in the results for 'recruitment analyst', is only interested in being a scout or some other job that isn't the one I'm searching for. I even add the extra search layer of 'preferred job > is', but that doesn't matter. Really annoying and a massive waste of time. 

Set your search up with 'Staff Role' and 'Preferred Job' as part of the criteria.  Set them both to the job you are looking for, fixes 90% of the problems with this IMO
image.png.62c5e474f0bc78ef8d1604b98217bff1.png

The only time I find when this doesn't work out well is with Directors.  Technical Directors want to be GM's, that sort of thing.  Coaching, Scouting, Analyst and most of the other staff position jobs there are way less issues than just searching with staff role or preferred job selected

Edited by Jellico73

5 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

Set your search up with 'Staff Role' and 'Preferred Job' as part of the criteria.  Set them both to the job you are looking for, fixes 90% of the problems with this IMO

The only time I find when this doesn't work out well is with Directors.  Technical Directors want to be GM's, that sort of thing.  Coaching, Scouting, Analyst and most of the other staff position jobs there are way less issues than just searching with staff role or preferred job selected

I find it's a big problem specifically with recruitment and performance analysts, and with sports scientists and physios (as always, talking solely about in prior versions here.  Have not bought '23, will not buy '23).  There are lots of generated staff who are recruitment analysts (20 aptitude for the role), and have good stats to be recruitment analysts, but are for whatever reason only willing to consider jobs as performance analysts, which they're much worse at, and vice versa.   Those two job pairs specifically have been annoying.

11 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

image.png.62c5e474f0bc78ef8d1604b98217bff1.png

To be honest I don't find this works for me. I've even had staff apply to specific jobs at the club then pull the usual nonsense when I approach to sign them. Even when they apply for the job. 

Edited by Dotsworthy

35 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I find it's a big problem specifically with recruitment and performance analysts, and with sports scientists and physios (as always, talking solely about in prior versions here.  Have not bought '23, will not buy '23).  There are lots of generated staff who are recruitment analysts (20 aptitude for the role), and have good stats to be recruitment analysts, but are for whatever reason only willing to consider jobs as performance analysts, which they're much worse at, and vice versa.   Those two job pairs specifically have been annoying.

Probably something going on under the hood with 22 then.  I remember having similar issues in 22, but no more than what I am encountering in 23.  

Just cleaned up a whole lot of stuff not related to feedback. As I mentioned above, feel free to have long discussions about the game and various feature features ELSEWHERE, this is a thread for the current FM.

6 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

This. The game really does need some big changes. FM 2023 is the first FM I didn't buy, nor I will waste my money on it. The transition from text only CM to 2D engine was WOW as you say. If I remember correctly, I also had that feel when they changed from Championship Manager to Football Manager.

Then in 2009 we got 3D ( which is still very poor ) but again, it was huge improvement.

If I am not wrong, after FM 2012, in FM 2013 they added collision to the match engine. 

Nowadays, to me, FM just looks like slightly updated skin, "we will update continue button from this dMLCPha.png.de6b1186d7f214712816fef71e47de5a.png to this YmEFlQU.png.dcdc6b20e314282d7b994874c863fe5c.png and it is ready to go"
( I know I am exaggerating but that is how I feel when I see new fm these days )

In recent years, instead of remembering big updates like before, what I remember the most is, ruined 2D engine in FM 2018 and ruined lightning in 3D engine.  I simply can't believe they went backwards in case of both. 

2DFM.jpg.69dc7769b1c716d4f3966e3655a5c4d6.jpg

10 YEARS. 10 YEARS.
3DFN.thumb.jpg.1e323190775261557bb51df83a1be301.jpg

Isn't FM15 screenshot you sent are from custom skins? I don't remember the 2D lighting from FM15. But regardless it's epic how the texture qualities downgraded from FM12 to FM22 :D

16 hours ago, Tyburn said:

While I’m engaged in this, I have a question.

Why was customising your avatar with earrings and rings implemented? What was the intention of doing this? Who was this looking to appeal to? For what exact reason?

Please. Someone. Tell me precisely WHY.

For starters, how many professional managers even WEAR an earring!!? It’s utterly mind boggling when you think about it. Of all the things that could be implemented, the idea that made it through, was earrings!? EARRINGS!?

Personally i “feel that my manager has treated me unfairly too many times”. I am now “distant”. I am losing trust.

(It’s also quite funny and not that big a deal. But the decision making IS a problem.)

I like how they added that but something like allowing us a stadium editor when building a new stadium or stand(s) is too far :D, at least we'd see the art of what we picked and it would be worthwhile.

It's not strictly management but it was a bit of fun back in the FA Premier League Manager 2002 days (ME graphics were better too).

17 hours ago, Tyburn said:

While I’m engaged in this, I have a question.

Why was customising your avatar with earrings and rings implemented? What was the intention of doing this? Who was this looking to appeal to? For what exact reason?

Please. Someone. Tell me precisely WHY.

For starters, how many professional managers even WEAR an earring!!? It’s utterly mind boggling when you think about it. Of all the things that could be implemented, the idea that made it through, was earrings!? EARRINGS!?

Personally i “feel that my manager has treated me unfairly too many times”. I am now “distant”. I am losing trust.

(It’s also quite funny and not that big a deal. But the decision making IS a problem.)

The reason is simple.

This is because si lacked something to promote as a new feature while releasing the fm23. 

So si forced to promote things that weren't new at all, such as squad planner, coach customization, and so on.

Please, in fm24, I would like to supplement existing features rather than "new features".

There are so many things to fix. Interaction with the press, players, other managers, AI improvements, not to mention the match engine.

In particular, the stadium graphics, which have not improved at all in the past 10 years, must be changed unconditionally.

3 hours ago, rrreee3 said:

Isn't FM15 screenshot you sent are from custom skins? I don't remember the 2D lighting from FM15. But regardless it's epic how the texture qualities downgraded from FM12 to FM22 :D

Yes, it is a custom skin, but custom skin do not add lighting, it was in the game, that was the FM I played the most. I have one old screenshot with default skin
1519655821_KMvfw8J(1).png.79862c8b50adb88d6388972336a29bc8.png

2 hours ago, Sanel said:

I'm not sure whether the devs are aware of this, but the one from 2012 looks far better. Or is it just me?

It is not just you, one or two guys posted a bunch of screenshots from FM 2014 for the same reason, but I can't find where those screenshots are on the forums, it was not long ago, and those screenshots are even better.

Edited by Marko1989

12 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

It is not just you, one or two guys posted a bunch of screenshots from FM 2014 for the same reason, but I can't find where those screenshots are on the forums, it was not long ago, and those screenshots are even better.

One thing that reminds me of the older UI was that it felt more responsive. I play on a MacBook now though, but the UI was way more faster and responsive back in the day when I played on PC.

Not only more responsive but the pace of the game was faster too. In FM 2023 and recent FM versions there's too much answering and clicking. This breaks my immersion completely.

Edited by Sanel

2 minutes ago, Sanel said:

One thing that reminds me of the older UI was that it felt more responsive. I play on a MacBook now though, but the UI was way more faster and responsive back in the day when I played on PC.

Not only more responsive but the pace of the game was faster too. In FM 2023 and recent FM versions there's too much answering and clicking. This breaks my immersion completely.

When it comes to answers, I skip everything I can by delegating as much as possible to staff, so maybe that can help you ( even though I don't have FM 2023 so I am not sure if they added even more questions )

1 hour ago, Marko1989 said:

When it comes to answers, I skip everything I can by delegating as much as possible to staff, so maybe that can help you ( even though I don't have FM 2023 so I am not sure if they added even more questions )

I know, but dealing with unhappy players and the staff meetings takes time. I did a small test two years ago on FM 2015 (?), and started a friendly within minutes. In FM 2023 and recent FM's however I have to deal with a lot more stuff to get started. This could easily take up 30 mins.

To me, and this may sound harsh but I don't mean it like that, to me it seems strange that a game where the playerbase doesn't have much time is extremely time consuming. This is what I meant with back to basics.

Edited by Sanel

One of the things that has become common in recent FMs is that the big clubs tend to stay dominant even 100s of years into the future and it is quite normal to see PSG dominate Ligue 1 completely for the first 20-25 seasons (so much so that I refer to it as 'the PSG league'), so I've been pleasantly surprised to see that an AI controlled Rennes have managed to break the PSG dominance so early in the game.  Ligue 1 is playing in full detail in case anyone was thinking it was an artefact of a view-only league.

image.png.cc92262e17d1ce1e30e3887ea15fa716.png

Realism is nice, but it's also great to see an FM save become its own universe with unusual outcomes.

Edited by rp1966

5 minutes ago, Sanel said:

I know, but dealing with unhappy players and the staff meetings takes time. I did a small test two years ago on FM 2015 (?), and started a friendly within minutes. In FM 2023 and recent FM's however I have to deal with a lot more stuff to get started. This could easily take up 30 mins.

To me, and this may sound harsh but I don't mean it like that, to me it seems strange that a game where the playerbase doesn't have much time is extremely time consuming. This is what I meant with back to basics.

I don't mind the setup aspect of the game, nor how long it takes. I see the time as an investment towards any long term save aspirations.

That said, it does take time and stops you from being able to jump straight into a save, so I can understand why some would want the "setup" to be less time consuming and an easier process to complete.

For me, the biggest time sink is in setting up the coaching team and the finding of suitable replacements. I am VERY careful not to mess this part up, as in the past I have found myself employing one too many coaches (for available slots permitting) and missing out on a good coach because of a "mistake".

The team planner feature in FM23 isn't something I will use, but this feature would be ideal (or something similar to it) for a staff management view/and when looking at replacements. For example, "if you sign coach X, this is how he would fit in your coaching team and the result would end up as X, Y and Z". This would in turn allow me to identify those gaps in my coaching team and choose to sign coach x or move onto someone more relevant to my needs.

I'd also like a numbered tally of the coaching staff, the spaces available versus those I've already approached to sign to my team. 

At present time, I find myself going from one screen, to another and then onto another, only to back to the first screen and second guess myself again (repeating the process) in order that I select the right coach for the right role. Does anyone else have issues like this?

Right now, coaches are just coaches, when in fact they are not. Coaches have a mind set and preferred slot within the team structure. At present, Att, Def, Men, Fit and GK - I find this a little too simplistic. I'd like to see coaches have more specified roles and for these to represent the gaps within my coaching team... for example, there is no set piece coach, why not? 

In other words and in summary, I feel the backroom team aspect of the game could be improved somewhat by making the UI more informative at every stage, whilst at the same time making the coaches more realistic to real life. 

Hope the above makes sense.... 

36 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

The team planner feature in FM23 isn't something I will use, but this feature would be ideal (or something similar to it) for a staff management view/and when looking at replacements. For example, "if you sign coach X, this is how he would fit in your coaching team and the result would end up as X, Y and Z". This would in turn allow me to identify those gaps in my coaching team and choose to sign coach x or move onto someone more relevant to my needs.

I'd also like a numbered tally of the coaching staff, the spaces available versus those I've already approached to sign to my team. 

At present time, I find myself going from one screen, to another and then onto another, only to back to the first screen and second guess myself again (repeating the process) in order that I select the right coach for the right role. Does anyone else have issues like this?

Right now, coaches are just coaches, when in fact they are not. Coaches have a mind set and preferred slot within the team structure. At present, Att, Def, Men, Fit and GK - I find this a little too simplistic. I'd like to see coaches have more specified roles and for these to represent the gaps within my coaching team... for example, there is no set piece coach, why not? 

In other words and in summary, I feel the backroom team aspect of the game could be improved somewhat by making the UI more informative at every stage, whilst at the same time making the coaches more realistic to real life. 

Hope the above makes sense....

Agreed.  At a big club the initial staff set-up can get confusing pretty quickly, especially if you're signing coaches who might be usable in more than one role.

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

One of the things that has become common in recent FMs is that the big clubs tend to stay dominant even 100s of years into the future and it is quite normal to see PSG dominate Ligue 1 completely for the first 20-25 seasons (so much so that I refer to it as 'the PSG league'), so I've been pleasantly surprised to see that an AI controlled Rennes have managed to break the PSG dominance so early in the game.  Ligue 1 is playing in full detail in case anyone was thinking it was an artefact of a view-only league.

Realism is nice, but it's also great to see an FM save become its own universe with unusual outcomes.

image.png.031c8f18284028c5c5f44ce303822df9.png

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, neckdee said:

My game won't launch since it updated today. Bringing up a denuvo error saying I need to remove "dtdata.dll" file. That file isn't anywhere on my C drive, can anyone help?

What platform are you on? Is it Steam, Epic or Microsoft Store/Game Pass?