Worst Football Manager Ever?

I've just turned the game off for the last time.

I was really looking forward for 2009, but now i wish i had kept the £30 in my pocket, cause this is just the worst football manager game out of all of them. Even Fifa manager is better than this pile of *****.

And before any one mentions that daft TTF i've actually read the damn thing 5 times, and spent hours trying to create a tactic with no success at all. I've never had to do that before on older versions, so why do we suddenly have to become Arsene Wenger just to play the fooking thing?

I'd like to know why SI aimed football manger 09 towards the pro gamers(tactical geniuses), while us casual gamers got the shitty stick waived towards us.

I was really looking forward for 2009, now it is very poor. I have not even play the game and I am still having trouble with installing it. The People who made this game need to look at themsleve.

FM 2008 was way better than FM 2009.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was really looking forward for 2009, now it is very poor. I have not even play the game and I am still having trouble with installing it. The People who made this game need to look at themsleve.

FM 2008 was way better than FM 2009.

How can you say that FM08 is better than FM09 if you've not even played FM09? In my opinion, having played both, FM09 is far better. Activating it was clearly a swine, but when you get that done, it's a great game.

FM 09 is the worst game ever.

Wow! How long have you been thinking of that witty comment? Any reason for this opinion? Or just nonsense aimed at boosting your post count? I do wish people would back up their opinions. It is perfectly possible to be constructively critical on these forums. For a good example, read CaptainPlanet's earlier post. Or stay off the forums.

Worst ever ? I doubt that 09 can beat CM4 or FM 08 in that, those 2 were just...ehm..

On more serious note, judging 09 being worst then other, just because it's hard, is rather conflicting statement.I guess having whole bunch of ME exploits,poor regens , broken closing down ,unrealistically clinical strikers, confidence bug, etc. last year was better ? How that can be ?

I find it little less challenging then FM 07(best CM/FM so far , imho), but i contribute that to feedback availability being more accessible and in depth.With all feedback you get , it is rather easy to get into the game. True , for that you do need to play extended games , but that's what is all about isn't it? Matches...

Maybe I'm wrong,but what i am noticing is,that vast majority of people that have problem, have 2 common things:

- They take big teams(like EPL) and expect to win everything right away by default, just inserting someone elses tactics, trainings and players. After they don't , it must be the game is awful, not them.Game is nowhere bug free or perfect , but it's far from being awful as they try to present it.

- Majority plays with short type of matches (no highlights or only short). Well ,now you do need to watch more then that, at least in start. You can still do short , but don't expect running over whole world for sure or avoiding injuries.Player could be struggling since 50th minute, but you don't know that till like 80th minute,because you are running match to fast, who's fault that would be ?

Ultimately, if game became " to hard or to complex" for someone, there is always option of CM (less complex/hard) or FIFA whatever is called (not complex or hard).

You will find that most people want a game to be challenging and that you are in the minority. Where is the fun (yes fun being the reason why people play a game) in just taking control of a team, taking a really attacking formation, sign all the best players and just waltz through all teams as if they are not there? That is i assume what you want?

That's what most people liked about CM back in the day. Take 01/02, you can pick that up and play as United or someone and saunter through a season laying waste to anyone you like, splashing out millions on the best players. Or, you can take charge of a more difficult team, spend some time playing the transfer market and tinker with tactics.

In more recent incarnations of the game, you haven't had that choice. 4-4-2, with attacking wingers isn't sufficient anymore, you've got to spend hours messing around or follow complicated threads in the tactics forum to have a chance.

I'll use an old school racing game analogy. The series used to be Gran Turismo and Ridge Racer in one package. If you wanted fun, easy gaming, you could have it. If you wanted a challenge, and to mess with a million different variables you could.

Now it's just Gran Turismo. You're forced to go in depth and, frankly, I can't be arsed with it. Which is why I didn't buy it this year. It lost the fun factor a long time ago and I realised I wasn't enjoying it.

I was about to post in the other thread name 'Best FM ever??' but then I encountered the 24th July bug on my AC Milan save which I have spent 1 day and 5 hours on!

So, because of this I would have to say that FM09 is the worst FM ever because the game is unplayable (literally, will not progress). Unlike in other FM's where there have been bugs etc. I have always managed to play for a decent amount of seasons, not just ONE season!

I am fuming SI, this is out of order! Don't you have people who should be checking these thinks? It is bang out of order! I bought a game and it is unplayable!

I think that this is the best version and on par for me with cm01/02 and cm97/98. I have been really enjoying myself, taking a different challenge from the one i usually go for in the game. Yes, it's probably a change from the previous versions, I think that it's actually more logical, in the sense you don't have to have super tactics to win. Thinking it through lets you win games. It's hard at the beginning but after reading the TTF excellent doc, I managed to put together a basic 442 that suits my team, and lets me overachieve in my current game. It was hard at first, trying to fit everything together, but it's well worth it.

I can understand the frustration some people feel as I just quit from fm08 (after some 10 months playing it) in disgust over some of the problems I felt existed within the game. I for one am glad I got this year's version.

Also, I feel the 3D engine is doing great justice to the game!

I was about to post in the other thread name 'Best FM ever??' but then I encountered the 24th July bug on my AC Milan save which I have spent 1 day and 5 hours on!

So, because of this I would have to say that FM09 is the worst FM ever because the game is unplayable (literally, will not progress). Unlike in other FM's where there have been bugs etc. I have always managed to play for a decent amount of seasons, not just ONE season!

I am fuming SI, this is out of order! Don't you have people who should be checking these thinks? It is bang out of order! I bought a game and it is unplayable!

My sympathies on this bug mate, for I have been affected by it too. However, my opinion on the game as a whole has not been diminished by it. I simply created a new save without the Italian Serie C league loaded, and continue enjoying the game.

Moreover, I remember reading that the next patch that will correct this bug will work on existing saves. So that means if you really value that particular save, just hang onto it until the next patch is released and you can then continue that save.

My sympathies on this bug mate, for I have been affected by it too. However, my opinion on the game as a whole has not been diminished by it. I simply created a new save without the Italian Serie C league loaded, and continue enjoying the game.

Moreover, I remember reading that the next patch that will correct this bug will work on existing saves. So that means if you really value that particular save, just hang onto it until the next patch is released and you can then continue that save.

Thanks mate.

I really do hope that the next patch sorts it out so current saves because overall, the game is absolutely brilliant!

As always I feel FM is too easy. Every version since CM1 has been too easy. I can't even count the number of threads about back-to-back promotions I have read on this forum. Currently I am taking the lowly Vauxhall squad on a promotion run in their first season. Haven't lost a match in two months. I am almost hoping for an errant loss or spell of injuries so I'll actually have to work at it some more.

However, I play the game on 'full' or 'extended' and watch my team closely. I adjust tactics on a match-by-match basis and several times during the game as well. This is the most fun part of the game.. make a change and see if it makes a difference. This is how it is meant to be done.

I totally agree with the difficulty slider. In fact, I have requested one fervently since FM2007. I'd like to see slight ability adjustments for the AI to make up for their general lack of management skills. With this maxxed out, I could have some real fun with this game. SI disagrees, which I think is unfortunate. Now I am stuck with the default easy difficulty setting to keep the masses happy.

What I always do is when first managing a team, save the default 4-4-2 as your own tactic, use it throughout the friendlies and only make small changes to it which are needed. Then, when the season's started, you should have sculpted out a basic tactic for your team. Keep using it and make changes to it depending on the matches you play, but don't save them unless they're absolutely vital.

Think the OP is a bit harsh. I struggle with tactics as well, I've printed out and read the TTF. It's pretty geeky and complicated, but it's damn good reading, and very well done to the guys who made it. But I've accepted that what they ask me to do in the TTF is something I won't, bother, or is interested in doing. So that leaves you in the same boat as me, you need to head over to the tactic forum, and try out some of the other users tactics, and frankly, some of them are really good and work very well. Once you get used to them, I guarantee you'll start tuning those after a while. Trust me! + It's very nice to see the game being a bit challenging instrad of "here's a super tactic that wins you evrything with any team", what's the fun in that...?

tbh, I'm enjoying FM more with this version more than I have in a good few years.

Worst CM/FM ever? Not even CLOSE (CM4 hands down - think SI underestimated the challenge of completely rewriting the game in 1 year)

And to the person above who said FM09 is the worst GAME ever... don't be so f'n ridiculous.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, and what I've always thought, I've found that tinkering with tactics on a regular basis doesn't help. Tactical consistency is actually part of the key to success, with minor tweaks here and there based on the opposition and various other things.

Of course, it's still important to find the right tactic. You can't just pick an arbitrary tactic and stick to it regardless. And when it comes to offering advice on finding the right tactic, I'm afraid I'm not the guy to go to!

What I always do is when first managing a team, save the default 4-4-2 as your own tactic, use it throughout the friendlies and only make small changes to it which are needed. Then, when the season's started, you should have sculpted out a basic tactic for your team. Keep using it and make changes to it depending on the matches you play, but don't save them unless they're absolutely vital.

Yeah that's what I do too, except I explained it in a much more waffly and round about way LOL. I must admit to using TT&F as a guide, but I don't follow it religiously.

Maybe I'm wrong,but what i am noticing is,that vast majority of people that have problem, have 2 common things:

- They take big teams(like EPL) and expect to win everything right away by default, just inserting someone elses tactics, trainings and players. After they don't , it must be the game is awful, not them.Game is nowhere bug free or perfect , but it's far from being awful as they try to present it.

- Majority plays with short type of matches (no highlights or only short). Well ,now you do need to watch more then that, at least in start. You can still do short , but don't expect running over whole world for sure or avoiding injuries.Player could be struggling since 50th minute, but you don't know that till like 80th minute,because you are running match to fast, who's fault that would be ?

Ultimately, if game became " to hard or to complex" for someone, there is always option of CM (less complex/hard) or FIFA whatever is called (not complex or hard).

Excellent remarks and it summons up two point the “casual gamer” expects and that 09 does n’t instantly give an answer to. It takes to much time to watch a game and invest into tactic, making it unplayable in their point of view. I don’t agree with them , because i like the challenge, but i can see that casual gamers are driven of 09.

It's not about easy or hard. It's about the engine and tactics being in an alpha state. And granting you less tactical control over your team because it obviously didn't work well with 3d.

Funny how the majority thinks it's a great game because "look im winning everything". Who the hell cares about that?

I want control, but tactics and engine work like s h i t together. And in fm09 you have even less control with detailed aspects of tactics.

Downloading "killer tactic1" and then winning is not my idea of a fun management game

Well, I've downloaded one of TTF's tactics - 4-4-2 diamond standard, then I've spent 1 season watching every game on key highlights and listening to AssMan, tweaking the sliders and for first time in FM I've really seen the difference. I'm playing with Bayern, which is quite easy, but I've manager to go on a 66 games without defeat, while drawing 5-6 of them. I've also managed to develop some world class talents, so this game has been magic for me so far.

I can't really pass comment on this, but I have played the patched demo and found the game to be very playable and in essence much better than FM08. I am at the moment still playing FM08 and there are elements in the game that I am finding very frustrating, such as teams making remarkable comebacks (tactics probably!), and the fact as soon as a player hits 30 his career is virtually over, also I do feel the standard of regens in FM08 is pretty poor in comparison to FM07.

Whether any of these have been ironed out properly in FM09 is of importance to me, having only played 3 months of the game I can't really tell if they have, although the amazing comebacks do seem to have been quelled somewhat, by pinpointing weakness in the tactics in the 3D match engine.

Without getting into tactics, from a Portuguese standpoint it's definitely one of the worst FMs I’ve seen. The research is iffy as it has usually been (several players in the top two tiers are missing), the reserve league is missing (although one exists in real life since last season), Portuguese Cup structure is wrong, Second Division points bug in the 2nd phase is still present (although I reported it 8 months ago and the HR has stated he provided the right details). Overall, as a Portuguese player I just can not give it a thumps up, in fact it’s the first time since CM01/02 that I haven’t bought the game on the release date.

I can't really pass comment on this, but I have played the patched demo and found the game to be very playable and in essence much better than FM08. I am at the moment still playing FM08 and there are elements in the game that I am finding very frustrating, such as teams making remarkable comebacks (tactics probably!), and the fact as soon as a player hits 30 his career is virtually over, also I do feel the standard of regens in FM08 is pretty poor in comparison to FM07.

Whether any of these have been ironed out properly in FM09 is of importance to me, having only played 3 months of the game I can't really tell if they have, although the amazing comebacks do seem to have been quelled somewhat, by pinpointing weakness in the tactics in the 3D match engine.

The players are high quality after they are 30...In my game Lampard is about 35 and besides pace his stats are still very good... Ribery was 31 in his last season for me and he was a star - sold him for 60 mil. €, so from my point this issue has been sorted out, altough I still play it "the FM08 way" and start looking for replacements once a player has hit 30.

i've done well playing my first 4 seasons as arsenal 3 leagues, 1 champions league in the bag. finished 2nd the man city last season but for no apparant reason my team have turned to dog poo. 6 games into the new season won 1 lost 3. i've got a team full of quality as well (arsenal seem to have impressive turnover). casillas, messi, tevez, imbrahimovic are all playing but i can't beat hull, stoke or birmingham.

It's not about easy or hard. It's about the engine and tactics being in an alpha state. And granting you less tactical control over your team because it obviously didn't work well with 3d.

Funny how the majority thinks it's a great game because "look im winning everything". Who the hell cares about that?

I want control, but tactics and engine work like s h i t together. And in fm09 you have even less control with detailed aspects of tactics.

Downloading "killer tactic1" and then winning is not my idea of a fun management game

You're wrong :)

This is the first FM in years where I've felt truly in control of tactics. And the ME has had oodles more testing than ever before - it will always be a work in progress, but this year's is the most realistic and responsive by a country mile, in my opinion.

Sorry, life's too short to read this thread, but in response to the title:

Worst Football Manager Ever?

YOU are the worst football manager ever - bye bye.

This isn't the weakest link you know.

Besides i don't think i'm the worst football manager ever, as i have done very well on every game right back to the Amiga days. The problems started on 08, and got worse for 09.

Oh and if i was so rubbish at fm09 then my training schedules should also be the worst then.

If I was you I'd just wait til next year. Either they'll realise the screwups (IGA with no opt-out and no discount, worst DRM rollout ever seen by man, comedy engine, etc) and release the kind of quality game they've spoiled us with in the past, or a competitor will realise what kind of market has just opened up and step up with a decent alternative.

If I was you I'd just wait til next year. Either they'll realise the screwups (IGA with no opt-out and no discount, worst DRM rollout ever seen by man, comedy engine, etc) and release the kind of quality game they've spoiled us with in the past, or a competitor will realise what kind of market has just opened up and step up with a decent alternative.

Two of the reasons given there are the reason why I didn't part with my money for this game. Namely the IGA and the DRM.

I'm hoping SI scrap both of these next year and return the game to it's superior being. I went into both my local Tesco and my local Game store and they both have loads of copies of the game left in stock, wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the price to get shot of them. Anyway while I was in Game there was a couple of people in front of me in the queue returning the game saying they couldn't get the game to authenticate, that's two more people lost to the shambles that is the DRM, I bet they don't know about the solutions on these forums.

Unfortunately it's unlikely SI will drop both the DRM and the IGA for next year as I'm guessing their hands have been tied by Sega. Guess I'll be trying CM09 in April then.

i think its the best football manager ever. there are a few niggling things that i dont like but overall the 3d match engine looks briliant. i love the way the keepers dive and the players run (although an injured player floated off the pitch at a faster rate then the physios who had come on to treat him)

injuries are fine, match stats look fine, there are no erroneous stats that i can see.

Two of the reasons given there are the reason why I didn't part with my money for this game. Namely the IGA and the DRM.

I'm hoping SI scrap both of these next year and return the game to it's superior being. I went into both my local Tesco and my local Game store and they both have loads of copies of the game left in stock, wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the price to get shot of them. Anyway while I was in Game there was a couple of people in front of me in the queue returning the game saying they couldn't get the game to authenticate, that's two more people lost to the shambles that is the DRM, I bet they don't know about the solutions on these forums.

Unfortunately it's unlikely SI will drop both the DRM and the IGA for next year as I'm guessing their hands have been tied by Sega. Guess I'll be trying CM09 in April then.

Sales of FM09 have, as far as I'm aware, been significantly higher than for any previous edition :)

I'm sorry, but "read the TTF" or "download some tactics" shouldn't be an answer to the question "as a casual gamer, why can't I enjoy this game". What percentage of people who buy FM worldwide, will look at this forum? And why should they have to?

I think everyone will agree that the game is a lot less accessible than it used to be, if that's SI's strategy, then so be it. I'm sure they are aware of their market and target audience. There are other management games out there for casual player, there are older versions of FM that are considerably easier that you can still get data updates for.

Whilst I sympathise with the people who are upset with the increasing difficulty, heavy reliance on micro-management and the need for a lot more tactical tweaking, the game has evolved and you have a choice to make - try and learn and adapt to the new version, or go back to an easier incarnation.

And many people won't like having to make this choice (hence the amount of threads on this forum from upset customers).

Just out of interest, where are the sites that can give you data updates for older versions of the game - and how far do they go back? (is it just the FM's, or the older Champ man series by SI too?)

Most are complaining about that the fact you have to do things with the tactics and you need to use your brain. Well I prefer a game to have more detail and more things to do and FM09 covers that. If your looking for a game where you put players in a default formation and nothing else this is not the game for you just go and play cm or the early versions of football manger.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything you're saying. I can understand if you don't want to part with your money while you're not sure if you'll be able to get the game working. However, I just feel it's worth pointing out that although you've seen two people taking the game back, there also happen to be thousands of people who have activated their game and are busy enjoying it, including myself. I guess what sucks is that it's become a gamble. The odds are that you'll have no problems, but, especially in the current climate, can you afford to ignore the possibility it just won't work? Having said that, you have the benefit of these forums that those two people probably didn't. They may have given up trying on release day when the servers were overloaded and only just got round to taking the game back. They may have been unlucky. Who knows? I guess my overall point is that it is a shame when a fan is put off a game because it's become a gamble with their money.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything you're saying. I can understand if you don't want to part with your money while you're not sure if you'll be able to get the game working. However, I just feel it's worth pointing out that although you've seen two people taking the game back, there also happen to be thousands of people who have activated their game and are busy enjoying it, including myself. I guess what sucks is that it's become a gamble. The odds are that you'll have no problems, but, especially in the current climate, can you afford to ignore the possibility it just won't work? Having said that, you have the benefit of these forums that those two people probably didn't. They may have given up trying on release day when the servers were overloaded and only just got round to taking the game back. They may have been unlucky. Who knows? I guess my overall point is that it is a shame when a fan is put off a game because it's become a gamble with their money.

Some fair points made there, as you say it is a gamble, and unfortunately I am unemployed atm and can ill afford to waste £30 on a game that may or may not work. When the game comes down to about £15 then I may consider getting it, but at the moment I don't feel the game warrants me gambling £30 on something which I may have to mess about trying to get to work.

Maybe, but how many have been returned?
Yup. That's the kicker. What percentage of people who play the game read the forum? I'd guess a very, very small amount. What percentage of those people are going to have had critical authentication problems in the first week of release? A very, very high amount.

I feel sorry for the design and dev team really. They've created this absolutely fantastic series from the ground up and had it hobbled at the last fence. I'm sure it can (not will, but can) recover, but for me the DRM and IGA mark a watershed in the series, the symptoms of turning one of the greatest games of all time into yet another soulless corporate vehicle.

Yes, I'm a bitter old player. :D

Yup. That's the kicker. What percentage of people who play the game read the forum? I'd guess a very, very small amount. What percentage of those people are going to have had critical authentication problems in the first week of release? A very, very high amount.

I feel sorry for the design and dev team really. They've created this absolutely fantastic series from the ground up and had it hobbled at the last fence. I'm sure it can (not will, but can) recover, but for me the DRM and IGA mark a watershed in the series, the symptoms of turning one of the greatest games of all time into yet another soulless corporate vehicle.

Yes, I'm a bitter old player. :D

Good points made.

Having played every release since CM93, I too am old and very bitter.

It will be interesting to see the sales figures for this years game, and I'll wager a bet that they'll be significantly lower for next years release.

I remember Muzchap (or someone from Sega at least) saying that they had 200,000 people authenticate on release day, I wonder how many have authenticated since?

Can't help thinking that Sega have interferred too much this year and have consequently ruined a franchise.

Edit:- Have a look on eBay there are a few popping up on there now, there's even a couple of threads on here where people have gotten fed up and listed the game.

I have only yesterday gotten the game, so I can't really judge 09 yet ... but I do understand and sympathise with the OP on this subject.

In recent years the game (to me as a semi-casual gamer) have become much more reliant on JUST the right tactic/tweak for success. In FM08, I felt like I had to spend many hours going over the various tactic threads to even have a chance to get something out of my team. Initially I would try with one of the generic tactics, but they never really worked.

I eventually setup some RuleOfOne tactics as suggested then ... but even with those it seemed like I had to constantly tweak or change depending on individual players, opposition tactics, weather etc.

If i picked the wrong one, I would loose, if I picked the right one I would win most games. Also it seemed that the opposing teams almost always had success with their sudden switches to 4-2-4 when behind at the end of the match.

Now I don't mind tweaking around with a few tactics to find some that work, but sometimes it felt like all I did in the match was check the opposition and when they changed their tactic or made substitutions, I had to tweak as much as 7 or 8 settings on individual players or team orders. If I didn't, then the other team would almost certainly punish me for it.

That is not fun for me ... and it frustrated me in FM08. It just seemed that tactics tweaking was the only thing that made mattered. I have had enfuriating moments when my team would loose a cup match to a team 4 divisions below me. Not only would I loose (could happen once or twice), but I would loose 6-0 or 5-1. I could then replay that match 4 times before I found just the right tweak or tactical change that made me come out on top ... and then I would win the expected 4-0 or 5-0.

I am hoping that such constant tweaking is not neccessary in 09. I like the CM/FM series and have played them all since CM orginally came out, and I really want to like this too. It seems that there are even more things going on besides just tactics now.

So for a casual gamer, it is not always fun to sit and play around with a tactic for hours to be able to not loose your next game by 4 goals because you might have set your Mentality 1 tick too high. In FM08 it seemed so sensitive to changes that I almost gave up on it (though I loved the rest of the game).

I can see why some might really enjoy going over all available data about a game and try to figure out exactly what to do to get the best result ... and it is great that the game allows for that. But some of us don't feel like using 15 min. of preparation for each game, and it should be possible to play the game with some success without having to. And to some it just feels like it is a requirement to be micromanagement enthusiast ot be able to get something from the matches.

Most are complaining about that the fact you have to do things with the tactics and you need to use your brain. Well I prefer a game to have more detail and more things to do and FM09 covers that. If your looking for a game where you put players in a default formation and nothing else this is not the game for you just go and play cm or the early versions of football manger.

I've been playing since the first champ manager, so why should i suddenly have to stop playing and play another game?

You see this is the problem, its SI turning their back on those of us who liked the simplicity of the game, and now we are told to go and read a 50 page document to have any chance of succeeding in the game.

I'm telling you now there are a lot more people who played the game cause any one could design there own tactic, then have some fun. now the same people can not do this no longer, and SI will lose a lot of customers over this.

And why people are saying this is the best one so far.. how can that be when so many of us had huge problems just installing it. it must go down as the worst game release EVER!!

tbh i would rather it was too difficult and have people complaining about that then there still be Diablo tactics for fm 09.

btw i agree the game needs to allow more hands off managers and casual gamers a fair crack of the whip and have made suggestions to that end. but it must not be dumbed down. now or ever ..

And why people are saying this is the best one so far.. how can that be when so many of us had huge problems just installing it. it must go down as the worst game release EVER!!

This really annoys me. Firstly, the problems with activation don't make the game bad. They make activation bad. I firmly believe that FM09 is the best FM yet. This is based on playing the game. Activation and gameplay are completely different. I wholeheartedly agree that activation was a shambolic mess, but the game itself isn't. It's brilliant. Your last sentence even suggests you know the difference because you refer to it as the worst game release ever rather than the worst game ever.

I've been playing since the first champ manager, so why should i suddenly have to stop playing and play another game?

You see this is the problem, its SI turning their back on those of us who liked the simplicity of the game, and now we are told to go and read a 50 page document to have any chance of succeeding in the game.

I'm telling you now there are a lot more people who played the game cause any one could design there own tactic, then have some fun. now the same people can not do this no longer, and SI will lose a lot of customers over this.

I agree that the problems with the activation were pretty stupid and shouldnt have happened.

But the difficulty is just bs.

I dont know anything about tactics, Im one of those who doesnt spend more than 15 seconds to choose my line-up and my tactics are always the same no matter what club Im managing. And I dont find the game hard at all... And no, Im not one of those who downloads tactics from the Tactics forum since Ive never even entered there lol.

Another bitter old player here. It just takes soooooo long to play the thing. It drives me insane. Even to get it all started took hours, not what i want. I'm off work this week and any time over the last 10 years that would have had me playing FM non stop, but i can't even face loading it up this time.

It has sapped my soul.

Will try a different manager game next time round i think to see what they're like, something i've never even considered before.

I'm no good with tactics either mate.

I've always kept my tactics simple like defenders defend, midfielder create/score, strikers score.

this way i could sit for an hour and get through as many games possible, but now you will be lucky to complete one game in an hour, cause i have to keep checking on what me assistant is telling me, and even then after all the tweaking i'll get humped.

very depressing.

Archived