The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

36 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

I wanted to do one with a San Marino club… am I allow to use a downloadable database for San Marino or no?

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing just in Malta. I'd use the one that the San  Marino Challenge links to: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651624557 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, toshimitzou1 said:

Mission complete!!!!

image.jpeg.f76fc521d4bc189cd03cf7fa066cb7cf.jpeg

image.jpeg.a86bd96ef0f5cb66efc783c1d9bd3e2a.jpeg

image.jpeg.b49f3f8b8aef78126d5a2fb96b8cf1a2.jpeg

I had to tweak early doors- whilst watching the Full Match for the first 5 mins, Musiala was a constant pain, being played in behind by the wide players and beating what was previously a strong offside trap. I dropped the offside trap, switched my defenders to stopper and cover with this guy tasked with covering Musiala's runs:

image.jpeg.ccab6bd26bbc74960cad6da96b06a3d8.jpeg

Their attacking impetus was almost immediately nullified. I was using this as a base point:

image.jpeg.655658ee1a93a908066423b68190f79c.jpeg

Again, at the 10 min mark I changed the CM-Attack to AP- attack and the DLP to DM- Support and added the TI play through the middle. What transpired was a turgid game where we were clearly keeping the ball centrally to prevent their exceptional wide players from obliterating us . Opposition example:

image.jpeg.aac316951106603ac976e17c68ec49f5.jpeg

I can only say: ALWAY WATCH THE FIRST 10 MINS OF A 'BIG MATCH'. 

With these changes in effect, I watched PSG (with far superior players) look for the same through ball to Musiala time and time aging, who was thwarted by and organised deep block and a competent covering defender.

End result:

image.jpeg.3142c43b35f7e53521c48eb6442d71f5.jpeg

image.jpeg.53f9db9132c3d8da30b78f6ca4ef9cc7.jpeg

image.jpeg.2f9edb0e5db95c3405f091e466f90253.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d5a87ddc26449190b68b7e593aad745.jpeg

image.jpeg.0c70c0a76999901a0ea008c4ea9922b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.7cf219a1c51cdb971feb33830c5d5c01.jpeg

image.jpeg.9592c31f7046110c6c59f5733ef4e785.jpeg

image.jpeg.cb09cd482917fd56379158c3948e9880.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1fd25ba69c34c564c2a7bae4940d2f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.0cdf7ad3ceda6d45a3c68b43f0eec7d5.jpeg

And the gritty:

image.jpeg.3ef57e30b05575a65113d21b59f2eff2.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d85644f5d3d629a16b0c0ff3c08963c.jpeg

image.jpeg.08a15525e63fbcdf5053eeca688df248.jpeg

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

that is just insane, congrats!!!

hSH1jAC.png?2

2037/38 Midseason Review:

8ymzXl1.png

The sale of our striker really made things more difficult than they appear with us sitting in 1st with a +45 GD. The league is quite top heavy and we put a hurting on the bottom teams and had much closer affairs against the top half. We have not found a replacement striker. No one is really scoring with any consistency. We've been carried by depth scoring, but in the big games no one is stepping up. We're making it ok in league, but Champions League was a different story:

5CltS4m.png

Ri4zXwU.png

We got hit with the triple whammy. 1 - as noted above a lack of scoring. 2 - losing our keeper right when group stage started. We've settled in on a guy who's doing okay, but he was the third player I tried. 3 - I jinxed it by saying this was an easy group. At least we are still alive in Europa League.

7ZlBfpz.png

This should be winnable, but we just got smoked by Betis so who knows.

Youth Intake Preview:

ggmBTRc.png

Centerback is always a position I love to see good talent, and same with Striker. 

IK_Sleipner_logo.png.194eee15f8b2250989900f90240cf160.png

IK Sleipner

Season 2025 (season 4)
Superettan (14th)

League table | Finances | Facilities | Transfers |Youth intake| Club overview | Manager Profile

What a tough season it was! We nearly survived our first season at this level. It's no surprise that the quality of the teams is way better than the leagues below. Some very good teams are in this league, like Orobro SK, IFK Varnemo, Varbergs BoIS and Helsingborgs IF. Our squad is by far the weakest in the league, so I'm very happy that we managed to survive. We had to play relegation-playoff against Gefle IF. We lost the first match (0-1), but won the second match (4-1), so we'll play another season at the second division of Sweden.
With this league finish, we earned almost € 700k! So we finally could upgrade some of our facilities for the first time.
sHXPSYh.jpg
cWTL2Xb.jpg

pSrQJ1y.jpg

N22ZsXC.jpg
y4JI5hK.jpg

Youth intake
The preview was terrible, as I posted before. The intake gave us lots of Elite Talents, but a quick look at their profiles doesn't give me any hope for a future star. Hopefully some of them will surprise me!
lYsrm6k.jpg
f2uIOow.png
GNot86Y.jpg

Spoiler

d0rFDrn.jpgECM8gXu.jpgr7ciqzx.jpgYsmlZOU.jpgejifxqH.jpgUk1me93.jpg

Best players this season:
GK. Edvard Setterberg
DR. Jonathan Larsson
MC. Gentrit Çitaku
AML. Khaled Qasem

Best Academy players this season:
Tim Ström 23b
Giannis Chryssajis 22a
Mattias Larsén 22b
Oliver Berg 24b

Next season will be more of the same. Hopefully we will survive another season, because the price money is very welcome. Let's hope we can upgrade our facilities a bit more, so that our intakes will be better in the near future.

m46voTi.jpg8OGamNa.jpg

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

Very impressive to do it in Iceland! 

It was insane fun. At first, I was worried that the weakness of the domestic league would be a major hurdle. However, due to the poor ability of the domestic teams I was able to put Youth Academy graduates into the First XI almost instantly without adversely affecting our title aspirations, which aided player development substantially. 

As i have mentioned before, knowing this was going to be a tough challenge I came in fully prepared. I completed the challenge on FM21 with Aigaleo in Greece and learned some big lessons along the way. First and foremost was that a truly 'flexible' tactic would be needed that could operate as both an underdog and a favourite. Before starting the youth academy playthrough I loaded up an old Arsenal save I had that was in 2030 and took a manager position at Odd in Norway. There I spent five seasons creating the tactic that I then implemented for the entire playthrough with Haukur. It was the perfect testing ground as within a season we were qualifying for the CL where the gulf in class was almost identical to what I ended up facing with Haukur. 

Thanks for the support to all!!!

bliscebadge.png.94f075dd446d0d4ffd3feb8255e6ac67.png

Croatia

Division 2

2027/28 (season 6)

Season Summary

Another season of close but not close enough. We started amazingly, finished well but had a dodgy middle (2 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats in 8 games) that put paid to our promotion hopes. But we were in the battle again with a new yung side so it will only be a matter of time before we go up. I hope....

It doesn't help we're a semi-pro team fighting pro teams at the top of the table but we can't afford the leap to proffessional status sadly

28leaguetable.JPG.f8e9c569d318d3a3a93dd9f59aaad1c5.JPG

Players

The new side didn't have quite as many youth players in it as I'd imagined. I basically bottled it with the defence and kept the legacy players in! really pleased with how the midfield did and although Sesar 25C up front didn't score many he looks like a real prospect and could score a bucketload in a season or two

28bestXI.JPG.5666b635684ecf07c65a88512f8529b0.JPG

Youth

Another golden generation!  

28youthpreview.JPG.1cd6673661bc48c6669c7c0be828d54e.JPG

A goalkeeper is always a handy addition to a squad!

Intake was pretty good again with another 8 elite talents!

28youthintake.thumb.JPG.238849581bc63336071f2c753aeb729b.JPG

sadly the personaities were again a mixture of balanced and unambious

but you never know right?

Finances and Upgrades

Another youth recruit upgrade! We're on excpetional now!!!!

28youthrecruit.JPG.e11b093f5f7071433c9e40a5490183c8.JPG

Career

28careersummary.thumb.JPG.807032ceee23b9657f14b042641f95ae.JPG

2 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Yeah. I assume that means I can't post it then.

Up to the mods if you can post, just know it won't be eligible for the Hall of Fame as its a 'fantasy' modification adding the national team. Databases like the one I'm using for Malta or St Vincent & Grenadines are allowed as they strive to provide as close to real as possible league structure for unplayable nations. By adding a national team your players will get better earlier with international matches against stronger opponents than you face in the 10th tier of England. 

Random Question: Is there a way to check the Youth Rating of a save late on? I'm curious if I've managed to bump up St Vincent's after almost 30 years and lots of Caribbean trophies. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Random Question: Is there a way to check the Youth Rating of a save late on? I'm curious if I've managed to bump up St Vincent's after almost 30 years and lots of Caribbean trophies. 

The best way to do so it using the in-game editor to check the youth rating of a nation. You just need to know what the youth rating was at first.

18 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

I wanted to do one with a San Marino club… am I allow to use a downloadable database for San Marino or no?

You can use custom db now but the San Marino league is structured with only one division so wouldn't be eligible, unless the rules for the challenge have changed. Same for Gibraltar for example. @XaW @darren1983

16 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

You can use custom db now but the San Marino league is structured with only one division so wouldn't be eligible, unless the rules for the challenge have changed. Same for Gibraltar for example. @XaW @darren1983

That's correct, custom databases needs at least two playable tiers. They also need to be "real", as in no fantasy databases.

De Treffers

20220725212433_1.jpg.35fed5c8ef8d3b08b07b7c072d41d77c.jpg

After a long break from FM and catching up to this thread I decided to start a new save in a country I've never played in, The Netherlands.

I'm taking charge of De mighty Treffers!

14 hours ago, toshimitzou1 said:

It was insane fun. At first, I was worried that the weakness of the domestic league would be a major hurdle. However, due to the poor ability of the domestic teams I was able to put Youth Academy graduates into the First XI almost instantly without adversely affecting our title aspirations, which aided player development substantially. 

As i have mentioned before, knowing this was going to be a tough challenge I came in fully prepared. I completed the challenge on FM21 with Aigaleo in Greece and learned some big lessons along the way. First and foremost was that a truly 'flexible' tactic would be needed that could operate as both an underdog and a favourite. Before starting the youth academy playthrough I loaded up an old Arsenal save I had that was in 2030 and took a manager position at Odd in Norway. There I spent five seasons creating the tactic that I then implemented for the entire playthrough with Haukur. It was the perfect testing ground as within a season we were qualifying for the CL where the gulf in class was almost identical to what I ended up facing with Haukur. 

Thanks for the support to all!!!

how did you end up fairing in the leaderboard?  

33 minutes ago, SkiIIs said:

how did you end up fairing in the leaderboard? 

Literally playing out the end of the season now. The CL win will be included in the next 'Leaderboard' update. I'll keep you informed.

NB: This should have also helped:

image.jpeg.8f1a7486077287a9f0c1332ed74944b5.jpeg

Final leaderboard placing:

image.png.940c2130b1e926ebd26898f603109ab4.png

Identical score to season without CL win:

image.png.8035e3cfc821117f83687c50e052a18f.png

Must be based solely on Domestic performance only. Perhaps if I spend a season playing my First XI in all domestic competitions I might be able to boost the score. Been playing my 'second XI' in the two domestic cups to-date. I might give it a shot. 

Edited by toshimitzou1
Added final leaderboard

IK Sleipner
Youth intake preview 2026

Well, this preview looks already a lot better then last year! We've got a new HoYD, so hopefully this guy will deliver some decent talents.
I really hope that we will get a promising defender, as I really need a new centre-back.

WKgEkil.jpg

image.png.26a7c8642858e511a0f3e299b04117bb.png

Mellieħa SC - Malta Premier League

Season 5 2026-27

Competitions: MPL 3rd Place ; EC2 Second Qualify Round ; FA Trophy Second Round 

• League - We were just 1 game shy of claiming the title, but more importantly will be back in the EC2 in the Fall.
  • EC2 - Our first draw was FCI Levadia from Estonia. We started with a 2-2 draw at home, and repeated the performance in Estonia to send it to Penalties. Luck was on our side and we scraped by the win and much needed prize money. Second draw was Ferencvaros from Hungary, where we had absolutely no chance. Lost 5-1 on Aggregate. Got a total of $650k prize money, which is 3.5x our total Income from last year.
  • Cup - Yeah we did awful, no excuse here. Oh well. 

Transfers: Amazingly we held onto everyone during the season. There was a scare with my RB Samuel Tanko 03a, but luckily I jacked his wages and he chose us over domestic rivals. I'm sure I'll have to fight them off in the summer.

Squad: Players are developing well. I'll be tossing my 2nd Striker for one of the new intakes and clearing out most of my subs. Pretty happy with the progression of my players right now.

Youth Academy:

YI Preview - Same 4* with lots of A's.

Youth Intake: Pretty happy with this

image.png.215f5646c02a245ea535d52d366c76d1.png

image.png.0d7b93208bbb481f5e33c133fe444e9d.png

Only 4 Professional personalities, but they line up with 2 of the Elite talent AMRs who will end up being speedy Forwards for us as we don't use wingers.

image.png.ccc5332342ed449393014e73eef88873.png

image.png.912dc760e8aa1df650212b17820eca00.png

Best Ability is a FB, wish he was left sided but at least this is rotation for the right.

image.png.e4289cf872069b727c4bc8fea25dea96.png

image.png.31dd9cb044e09ed4a80432ce89c45dfb.png

Club Improvements:

Senior Affiliate: I put in senior club requests periodically expecting the failure. Apparently 3 Icelandic clubs are interested in having a Malta feeder club!? European Island Power! Breiðablik Ungmennafélag is by far the best of the 3. I don't know if you can do a reverse YF sharing as the minor club. I hope so because that would be unreal to get access to Great Level facilities so early.

Double Upgrade YR: I've decided to hold off on JR coaching to prioritize going professional. Still no-dice with the board, but maybe after one more year qualifying for EC2 they will say yes.

Youth Facility Upgrade: Only 120k for the first rung. Goal will be to do the next ladder after EC2 matches. 

Thoughts:

Our success is completely dependent upon if we can keep Sean Caruana 02a. He scored 24 of our 46 league goals and assisted 6 more. Dude just keeps developing and media rates him as the #4 Malta player and #1 playing domestically. He won't sign a new contract with us, but luckily he won't with any other domestic teams either. Basically its just a countdown till a foreign club takes him now that he's 18. My 'hope' is that my Icelandic senior Affiliate picks him up. Figure he'd be good enough to feature well there. Luckily I got the two quick Wingers this intake as they will be my future forwards.

Now to get that domestic title!

July 1st Update:

Couldn't even make it 2 weeks after the contracts were signed (6/20) before I lost my RB. He rejected the first team that asked, but then agreed to the second offer. Guess its a good thing now that FB is right-sided. So far I still have my striker, so there is still hope...

image.png.be669b169eaa96dddda42ede7b6fceaa.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

Season 3 (2024/2025) - 2. Bundesliga (all images)

spacer.png

After just nearly missing out on promotion to the Bundesliga in the previous season by losing the play-offs on penalties, I was set on challenging again this year. However, I also wanted to implement at least a couple of talented youngsters into my First Eleven. Looking at the talents at my disposal, I picked three: Alexander Kammlott(re-trained to Inv. Winger AMR, Youth Intake 2023), Edgar Baar (Winger AML, Youth Intake 2023) and Ronald Schubert (BtB CM, Youth Intake 2021 - so a 'regen', but in the first season before I was in charge). (All images are end of season 2025).

To accommodate them, I had to change my formation to implement the wingers, which also lead to me changing my playing style (since a Vertical Tiki-Taka is not really sensible with a winger). Thus, I changed from my proven 4-3-1-2 Narrow Vertical Tiki-Taka to a 4-3-3 Tiki-Taka. Through my practice campaign, I noticed that everything wasn't going as smooth as hoped. The tweaking to the playing style and the chosen players roles took up a large part of the first quarter of the season, meaning my results were not as good as I hoped. We picked up the pact during the remainder of the season however and managed to finish a very decent 5th after an undefeated streak of 12 games (5 W / 7 D).

Player of the Season: Burim Halili (7.22 average after a 7.32 in the 2nd season and a 7.24 in the 1st season - rock of the defense)

Talent of the Season: Ronald Schubert (7.16 average, coveted by several Bundesliga-teams, this might be the best talent I have - however, he's a regen from 2022, so the season before I took over)

Honorable Mention: Alexander Kammlott - re-trained to Inv. Winger AMR and after a U19-season with a 7.51 rating as a Mezzala, he now won the German U17 Player of the Year

Honorable Mention #2: Yannis Jura - behind my 2 go-to wing players he managed to play 19 games and earned a 3rd place in the German U17 Player of the Year

No Transfer Proof

Youth Intake 2025

I've managed to increase my facilities to 'Great Youth Facilities', 'Good Academy Coaching' and 'Excellent Youth Recruitment' and it's showing. The Preview was promising and the eventual Scholars were indeed very promising. Especially Nico Alburg was a welcome addition as a back-up CM BWM - I'll keep him in the U19's but he'll be given some playtime when my regular needs a rest of gets injured. Another very decent talent is Alexander Miller ; when one of my great CM's gets lured away (which will inevitably happen for at least one of them), this might be a good replacement. Still no Left Back - not even a half-decent one - so I'm still stuck with one (very good) DL and a very bad back-up - fingers crossed for the next intake!

hSH1jAC.png?2

2037/38 Season Review:

DCGQ65e.png

G8DmjJ4.png

Five straight, but Metalist was right on our tail the whole time. We scored the most goals and gave up the fewest and managed to not run away with the league. Against the better teams we drew and lost matches we would have won the last few years. It's hard to win a 5th straight league and say it felt underwhelming, but here I am saying that. No one has hit 30 yet so it's not a matter of decline. I'm toying with a second tactic to see if I can't handle the better teams, well, better.

H1W7pwl.png

After a disappointing performance in the Champions League group we went on to the Europa knockouts. Torino we handled nicely. Some of the underwhelming issues crept up against Real Sociedad popped up as we scored at will but just couldn't stop them. Got lucky in penalties. Again, underwhelming against Hertha. We ran circles around them but just couldn't score until late in the second leg where we put it away. First leg against Arsenal was two fairly evenly matched teams, but the second leg we just laid an egg. 

0IQp04P.png

Arsenal then went to lose 1-0 in extra time. 

yk3405Y.png

I'm still not sure if I made the right call selling Petrov. He wanted to move to bigger clubs/competitions, but I still had two years to try to convince him to stay. He might have walked for free, but the 111M goes to waste as the owner won't upgrade youth facilities, build a stadium, hire more coaches, or anything else useful.

mBpHD0K.png

kg6WGO5.png

Here's the latest wonderkid. At time of screenshot he was hurt, his attributes were on the rise prior and have been since taking that screenshot.

Youth Intake:

TzNQHRK.png

2akDZWq.png

Strong preview actually led to a strong intake. I think there will be a few pretty useful players from this intake in a few years.

2038/39 Season Preview:

2awHcGX.pngjA9rW7Q.png

RFuRPyt.png

tCEA3MT.png

Still going to keep focusing on winning the league. It's especially important so long as it's getting a 1st seed in CL Group draw. I will be experimenting more with tactics, but not at the cost of winning matches. The top of the league is too close to throw away wins.

JT4nMKd.png

Man City is no longer the dominant team in the Premier League, only winning once in the last five seasons. However, the other four years they didn't win they came in second. In six matches we've won once (last time we faced them in 2036), drawn tice, and lost three times. I'm hoping to at least not lose both matches. Borussia M'gladbach has been regularly in the varying European competitions. A few years they've missed outright. They've never come close to challenging in Bundesliga, at best only 11 points off the chase, but normally 25+. We've never faced them but if we don't win at least once I'll be disappointed. We've also never faced Qarabag but I have to expect two wins there. It'll be a failure to me to not qualify for knockouts.

25 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

stadium2.PNG.341c2b1332399abc23e99a0e773d84c7.PNG

Hahahaha. We've been in our stadium for 6 months and we've already got to play next season somewhere else. Absolutely incredible planning.

they must have hired the project managers I deal with

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn :mad:

1076792412_S12_Players_2_CengicSold.thumb.png.7ecfeaabc96e3a934342f1aff2ae1df9.png

Its like de ja vu with Strikwerda a few seasons ago, Cengic has been immense for me and I'm gutted to lose him, now have to choose between the 2 other keepers to try and repeat the process of throwing them into the lions den and hoping the defence carry him enough until he develops.

Only just appointed Cengic as vice captain as well, got him to sign a new deal without minimum fee then arsenal turn his head and unfortunately I couldn’t use the “you have a minimum fee release clause and when someone comes in with it you can go” so he forced me to agree £17.5m and Arsenal came in with that amount straight away.

Not been able to get on my save at all as I've been working loads of overtime of late, found the time to kick off season 12 at least.

In other news the man that made all of this success possible finally retired therefore leaving us with a squad full of regens after 11 seasons :applause:Thanks Hugo

676814411_S12_Players_1_BotermansRetires.thumb.png.a54c84c917ebeb4ad918609c043dbdc3.png

EDIT: Here are the two keepers to choose from (Maulana had just gone to Telstar on loan for the season but I think I prefer his lower eccentricity and tendency to punch)

2093724437_S12_Players_4_Maulana.thumb.png.3de21f9263a9259c40fd2428ad77bbf9.png

597218908_S12_Players_3_Nurudeen.thumb.png.0db30d8c253cc2a452fd0203d7c996e5.png

Edited by Neo_Geo

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A solid first season in the fifth tier, together witrh some decent cup runs represents a good season.

Season Details

League Table - We have to be pleased with a mid table finish in our first season at this level.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - A season of two halves.  After the first half, we were in the top three.  Then our form fell off a cliff and we settled for a mid table finish.

F. A. Cup - We were absolutely annihilated away to League One side Rochdale in the second round, going down by eight goals to one.

F. A. Trophy - We were convincingly beaten at home by Bromley in the fifth round, byt four goals to one.

Friendlies - A very mixed bag of results.

Squad - We are getting a lot better as players have started to develop.

Squad Dynamics - It is still rather good.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Three players departed, including one youngster for a nominal transfer fee and a hefty sell on clause.

Youth Candidates - Striker Moses Njoku YP25A33 is the best player out of a very strong intake.

Finances - We made a modest profit this year as our bank balance remains healthy.

Key Players

Jorge Sikora - The Polish defender continues to impress.

Luke Griffiths - The central midfielder had another solid campaign.

Jacob Hanson - Comfortable anywhere across the back four, the defender coniued his fine form from last season.

Démounou Guindo YP24G23 - In his first season at the club, our new number one has been sensational.

Max Molloy YP24A17 - The teenage right winger or central midfielder got better as the season went on.

Next Season

An improvement would eb great, so anywhere from eleventh upwards is the aim.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         6 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (1.50*) ↑   National C =         7 ↑   6 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 =   6 =   7 ↑   8 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (1.50*) =   National B ↑         8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   4 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑  10 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic         =        4 =     Adequate =            Good         ↑↑↑ Average     ↑↑↑    Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   ↑↑ Excellent    ↑↑    Local = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Below Average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   ↑    Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      62        37       11       14          126             72                 +54              59.68%
2023/24      54        38        6       10          126             55                 +71              70.37% ↑
2024/25      52        22       14       16           79             63                 +16              42.31% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          62        37       11       14         126              72                 +54               59.68%            322 days
2023/24         116        75       17       24         252             127                +125               64.66% ↑          686 days
2024/25         168        97       31       40         331             190                +141               57.74% ↓        1,037 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27 Janaury 2025    Eddie Randall YP24D20     Striker                Charlton Athletic            England                         £1,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2023/24    Vanarama National League North

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2023/24)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        4th       Third Round                     N/a           Lost in Promotion Playoffs semi final.  F. A. Trophy quarter final.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     Fourth Qualifying Round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy Fifth Round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League             12th ↑     Second Round            ↑       N/a           Safe mid table finish.  F. A. Trophy Fifth Round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                       3
2023/24    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                      47
2024/25    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                      83

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                 0
2023/24    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                   13
2024/25    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                   26

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                  0
2023/24    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                     7
2024/25    Max Molloy YP24A17                     12

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                     0
2023/24    Démounou Guindo YP24G23                    2
2024/25    Démounou Guindo YP24G23                   22

Edited by DazRTaylor

spacer.png
Lowestoft Town FC
Britain’s most Easterly football club.

Manager

Keeping it short and sweet as the first time post, time to get started after a long break from FM, will be my first time over in England and managed to get Lowestoft Town FC in The National League North.
Also before I get started and get in to the save, why is this showing up, even though the In-Game Editor is "turned of" ?

Spoiler

image.png.c7bbd03a279e7906ad42a41865fff053.png

hSH1jAC.png?2

2038/39 Midseason Review:

u14AOMX.png

After a slightly sluggish start things have gotten aligned with my expectations. Despite to excellent Goal Difference I'm still waiting for someone to claim the striker role. I've been trying several people out. We score a lot as a team which helps, and we don't give up many goals either, but I've been spoiled with strikers that play at Goal per Game pace and I'm just not getting that now.

KrNEa0n.png

cwnllJP.png

I was confident of reaching the knockouts. I even thought with a split with Man City I could have a shot at first. However, I was not expecting to run the table and beat up on Man City more than the other teams. 

VTmbgVF.png

Inter had a run of dominance winning Serie A 8 out of 9 seasons but the last few they've fallen back behind Juventus. They're still a good team, but one that I faced 4 seasons ago in the First Knockout Round and was able to get by them 3-1 on aggregate. I'm hopeful to be able to do the same again.

Intake Preview:

M3UUBik.png

Pipeline is starting to fill up a bit with the DC role, but no one has really taken off development wise. Same thing with Strikers. I have plenty in the system but no one is progressing enough. With DC role I'm fine at the first team level, but the players are starting to hit late 20s so I'd like to get replacements ready. For Striker if a player comes in with enough promise he may get a shot right away to claim the spot. 

IK Sleipner

Season 2026 (season 5)
Superettan (13th)

League table | Finances | Facilities | Transfers |Youth intake| Club overview | Manager Profile

Another survival in the Superettan! We got a lot more points then last season, so that's a positive thing. With our 13th place we had to play playoffs, this time against IF Karlstad Fotboll. With a 3-4 away win, and a 0-1 loss at home, we managed to win the playoffs and survive another season at this level.
We are slowly growing, as a club and as a team. With the prize money we are finally able to upgrade some of our facilities. We upgraded our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment budget twice. Our Training- and Youth Facilities are still at a very poor level.

fXhWoyz.jpg
OAv9yYE.jpg

The players who played almost every game this season:

GK Edvard Setterberg
DR Jonathan Larsson
DC Tim Ström 23b
DC Calle Appelquist
DL Oliver Blomdahl
DMC Arbér Abazi
MC William Lundell
MC Mattias Larsén 22b
AMR Khaled Qasem
AML Gentrit Çitaku
SC Oliver Berg 24b

Oliver Berg 24b scored 13 league goals, and finished 3rd on the topscorer-list. Tim Ström 23b is one of our best Academy players, and some bigger clubs from Sweden were interested in him.

Youth intake
Well, the preview was okay, as I posted before. Way better then last season. But the intake.... incredible. 15 out of 16 Elite Talents! It shows us how weak our current team is, but also how talented the youngsters from this intake are. Let's hope this is a real Golden Generation, and that within a couple of seasons a lot of them are in the first team.
WKgEkil.jpg
dlbCfVN.jpg
9q4ME9Y.jpg

Spoiler

bJ46pUt.jpgX4qVZhy.jpgC9AtwG8.jpgZfkKFkh.jpgfUC5bQ4.jpgguTLiJ6.jpgj3mCVmn.jpgaU4TZYh.jpgLrVp3tH.jpgJxqVN46.jpgEj21JWh.jpgVMkXwJD.jpgCeASd4u.jpgdWMvXbr.jpg2BDthGI.jpg

NQLxXBO.jpg

yDosvUt.jpg

File:Follo FK.svg - Wikimedia Commons

XaW - Follo Fotballklubb - Youth intake 2028

rPR8WID.png

No one stands out all that much, but some very good personalities!

WuznBnz.png

Looks like the best of the bunch.

FJnTQt6.png

tgcp5xz.png

ywdwDMI.png

rH9AcwV.png

spacer.png
Lowestoft Town FC
Season 2022/2023

Nothing to really say about the first season, no depth and only one boy in the U18s to fill out the roster with.
Managed to scrape 14 losses in a row, team record.
Even with a loss on the final day we managed to stay up with 1 point.

image.png.86683f1b978198469b2edca0ffd57dd4.png

Youth Prospects, plenty of them will go straight to the first team to fill out the roster.

image.png.49750bf87ff0c93f78571c6988861de0.png

Current squad

image.png.fd39ca211daf6015dd5399e45902440b.png

Season League Position FA Cup FA Trophy EL ECL Top Scorer Most Assists Highest avg. Training Facilities Youth facilities Junior coaching Youth recruitment
22/23 VNL N 20th 3QF 3rd round     Jake Reed (18) Dylan Ruffles (11) Dylan Ruffles (7.13) Poor Poor Basic Limited

*FM20*

Had a break from the save for a couple of weeks. Played a few slow seasons, will be posting about them over the next couple of days.

Littlehampton_Town_F.C._logo.png.b57418687c541ce7bd35a43caff110c1.png

Littlehampton Town 2049-2050

Vanarama National League

League.JPG.50378dd98546f0117af196d71387a2bc.JPG

1680500593_POLoss.JPG.d6f40b146bd99d78e63a24d3caed06a4.JPG

Our first season back in the VNN was nearly a succesful one. The loss in the playoffs was harsh but not undeserved.

Squad

Squad1.thumb.JPG.16de07a5b3f3eaa1942b7ad4e94731f1.JPG
Squad2.thumb.JPG.1828ad03ed71b031a33e362d638cf270.JPG

Wood was the key man in midfield while Page - freshly retrained to be a striker - exploded. Silic is maybe our most talented youngster and Mputu is developing as well.

Moore really stepped up at the back and Shaw had a pretty prolific season at MR.

Wood.thumb.JPG.8063b0095beaaf7d2e13e53296b8af30.JPG

Mputu.thumb.JPG.ba097917ac559a8452c823e2b9ddfdde.JPG

Page.thumb.JPG.b9ee1dcb87e744233a1d7426be44c13e.JPG

Silic.thumb.JPG.47393e44c2fcda1fa8b989da6f1d166d.JPG

Shaw.thumb.JPG.f42b06505245fa7237c62048cac18a03.JPG

Moore.thumb.JPG.f90491f13cff8571e71eaddc71ed6cd6.JPG

Transfers

Transfers1.thumb.JPG.d6548b03a1cad41ee53fdf89c5714e0f.JPG
Transfers2.thumb.JPG.c689efc62e7a1a6d06903fd78d10f89a.JPG

A los of players were offloaded after going down. Mohamed was not going to develop any further. Rayco is a huge sale, with a sell-on clause we might even get another truckload of cash in the future.

Youth

Youth.JPG.ee0489f4b221b1b42c1e2ee3d412fb9f.JPG

A decent batch this year. I love Bowie, and with a bit of development Van Heusden and Pointing should be able to feature before too long as well.

1395191803_YVanHeusden.thumb.JPG.eea6c67746c7ff483a4495cd0358b433.JPG

YBowie.thumb.JPG.7ecf457f7af9c6e5d514708f0ed8a5a9.JPG

YPointing.thumb.JPG.3730e0420fa000fadfff3dd6e9c8ebbd.JPG

Edited by BustaRaymes

spacer.png
Lowestoft Town FC
Season 2023/2024

Battle for relegation once again, started off the season by falling to 23rd place and having to fight to get back over the bump.
Major problems with the defence, don't really know how to solve that right now with the current crop.

Still no sign of a coaching badge nor any better youth recruitment from the board, we'll keep trying...

spacer.png

Prospects this year, Danny Morrison looks like a decent prospect in the midfield, not really much to add about the current squad.
We're still weak and will have fight another year against relegation. A couple of aging players that I'm slightly worried about replacing.

spacer.png

Season League Position FA Cup FA Trophy EL ECL Top Scorer Most Assists Highest avg. Training Facilities Youth facilities Junior coaching Youth recruitment
22/23 VNL N 20th 3QF 3rd round     Jake Reed (18) Dylan Ruffles (11) Dylan Ruffles (7.13) Poor Poor Basic Limited
23/24 VNL N 19th 2QF 3rd round     Jake Reed (12) Louis McIntosh (9) Callum Adebiyi (7.04) Poor Poor Basic Limited

image.png.0252806c361dbba110f244fa8454f2ef.png

OFK Beograd - Season 8 Review

668897054_ResultsAfterYouthIntake.png.2c2fdfa004a8d3c29ef5c56472ae99b9.png

After the youth intake, our form sadly took a bit of a nosedive, mostly because we were in the Championship Group of the SuperLiga. We only picked up 8 points in 7 games, and I was fearing what would happen as a result of our poor end of the season.

718256775_TableAfter37Games.png.d936bb5cc1c3415d5597fdff87023d5e.png

Sadly, we only just missed out on European football for the 2nd season running, this time because we didn't finish in the European spots, despite claiming 4 more points than last season. It goes to show just how much needs to be done here. Once we get European football, we'll be golden.

1853401837_SuperLigasigningsoftheseason.png.57c8d7fa323ed069b7c2e08fb5f644d3.png

Perhaps to add insult to injury, Stanojevic who left us for Cukaricki Stankom ended up being considered one of the signings of the season, even if he couldn't get his side to finish in the top half of the table.

2012001770_MiloradMileticsignsnew4-yearOFKBeograddeal.png.1c5aa449450baf647b11132a00826b47.png

In better news, we convinced our best striker and top goalscorer to sign a new deal with us, despite at one point believing the squad wasn't strong enough to match his ambitions, he got 15 goals in the league this season, so keeping him around was terribly important for our cause.

2126897964_SeasonStats.png.8fec49da2a7b4ce368cc2286382e9361.png

JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 1 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 2 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 3JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 4 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 5 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 6 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 7 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 8

Edited by JLAB

15 hours ago, dkouv said:

think that was needed to win the CL with an Icelandic team

Cheers. Yes, as opposed to the domestic fixtures, once I was into the knockout stages of the CL I was spending far more time watching the opening exchanges of matches on Full Match. If I was just blitzing through the CL Knockout games without any adjustments in-game the challenge may well of taken another 10 years or so to complete!!!

On 02/08/2022 at 21:15, toshimitzou1 said:

Mission complete!!!!

image.jpeg.f76fc521d4bc189cd03cf7fa066cb7cf.jpeg

image.jpeg.a86bd96ef0f5cb66efc783c1d9bd3e2a.jpeg

image.jpeg.b49f3f8b8aef78126d5a2fb96b8cf1a2.jpeg

I had to tweak early doors- whilst watching the Full Match for the first 5 mins, Musiala was a constant pain, being played in behind by the wide players and beating what was previously a strong offside trap. I dropped the offside trap, switched my defenders to stopper and cover with this guy tasked with covering Musiala's runs:

image.jpeg.ccab6bd26bbc74960cad6da96b06a3d8.jpeg

Their attacking impetus was almost immediately nullified. I was using this as a base point:

image.jpeg.655658ee1a93a908066423b68190f79c.jpeg

Again, at the 10 min mark I changed the CM-Attack to AP- attack and the DLP to DM- Support and added the TI play through the middle. What transpired was a turgid game where we were clearly keeping the ball centrally to prevent their exceptional wide players from obliterating us . Opposition example:

image.jpeg.aac316951106603ac976e17c68ec49f5.jpeg

I can only say: ALWAY WATCH THE FIRST 10 MINS OF A 'BIG MATCH'. 

With these changes in effect, I watched PSG (with far superior players) look for the same through ball to Musiala time and time aging, who was thwarted by and organised deep block and a competent covering defender.

End result:

image.jpeg.3142c43b35f7e53521c48eb6442d71f5.jpeg

image.jpeg.53f9db9132c3d8da30b78f6ca4ef9cc7.jpeg

image.jpeg.2f9edb0e5db95c3405f091e466f90253.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d5a87ddc26449190b68b7e593aad745.jpeg

image.jpeg.0c70c0a76999901a0ea008c4ea9922b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.7cf219a1c51cdb971feb33830c5d5c01.jpeg

image.jpeg.9592c31f7046110c6c59f5733ef4e785.jpeg

image.jpeg.cb09cd482917fd56379158c3948e9880.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1fd25ba69c34c564c2a7bae4940d2f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.0cdf7ad3ceda6d45a3c68b43f0eec7d5.jpeg

And the gritty:

image.jpeg.3ef57e30b05575a65113d21b59f2eff2.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d85644f5d3d629a16b0c0ff3c08963c.jpeg

image.jpeg.08a15525e63fbcdf5053eeca688df248.jpeg

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Superb performance, doing this in iceland is really beautiful.  Going to read all the details tonight and I'll try to do the same on this or next Fm with Njarðvík. But doing it in 2035 is something nobody will be able to achieve 

Edited by OlivierL

17 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Superb performance, doing this in iceland is really beautiful.  Going to read all the details tonight and I'll try to do the same on this or next Fm with Njarðvík. But doing it in 2035 is something nobody will be able to achieve 

I think for most nations in this challenge that 2035 is some achievement but for Iceland on top of it really is a credit to @toshimitzou1's tactics

Edited by Neo_Geo

14 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:
  Reveal hidden contents

SLCjXd.jpg
vE7U4Y.jpg

Starting off in Mexico. Finances will likely be an issue, but I'm interested in playing outside of Europe and South America.

Blitzed through the first season and had a promising intake, but the challenge of building a team with 13 players proved too difficult, and we secured relegation with a couple months to go. Looking to start in the Caribbean now using V50's megapack. I've loaded the leagues, but not the edited version of the NACL. Going to start in either St. Kitts and Nevis or St. Lucia.

Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

bliscebadge.png.ff1e6a06bb9e8405419fc3b2f8749f01.png

Croatia

Division 2

Season 2029/30 (season 8)

Season Summary

same old story of the last few seasons. We were good, but not good enough, and finished second again

30leaguetable.jpg.fe80143f6333f7c87c8c71b5b8549129.jpg

Players

The main reason is we really struggled up front. I couldn't decide between Popovic 28C or Culjak 26A and in the end played both at different times only for them to prove equally useless. But they were only 17 and 18, what else did i expect? But I had nobody else....... next season 2 more 17 year olds will be old enough to be promoted so i might ditch them both already!

30bestXI.JPG.930eaa00d198c0e8f3527cf7a49ec272.JPG

Youth

Exceptional youth intake rating in Croatia Division 2? With my reputation???

30youthpreview.JPG.2ee97198876ef746910ede102ee97630.JPG

Most of this intake could walk straight into the first team if they were old enough!!

30youthintake.thumb.JPG.57fb2a448da7733da07a68823fb8e2ad.JPG

30youthintake2.JPG.37ec8e1f3cda507e31a20c43274dc05f.JPG

To get that many with a 2 star CA is really encouraging

Star Graduate

They went with Cordas, who I ranked third. But he's got a good range of starting attriubtes and a nice personality and trait so who am I to argue?

30stargraduate.JPG.5a62be8ade33ff860f7cd0876b6bb9f7.JPG 30stargrad2.JPG.237509873f4d4f96f70822f7b291ed75.JPG

Career

Surely promotion is only jsut around the corner. this is getting nuts!

30careersummary.thumb.JPG.c9e134cb3f090bb067e2bd689f698e12.JPG

Spoiler

vjgBJM.jpg

HaXjUT.jpg

Newly-promoted and heavily favored to gain promotion to the top flight. Although the difficulty in this challenge is developing a St. Lucian club to compete with the large American and Mexican sides in the North American Champions League. The league reset date for St. Lucia is October 20th.