The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woop! Loading up now!

I think you can remove the stuff about Spain and Portugal. Also, Latvia is added this year, but only one tier, so they are not eligible this year.

Just now, Makoto Nakamura said:

All of my planned saves this FM will be about the dynamic youth rating, so with that in mind my first stop will be holidaying in Wales since they have the lowest reputation clubs 'out of the box'. :D 

I think Northern Ireland is lower?

48 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Anything I've missed in the OP etc let me know. Obviously let me know reset dates (I know most are usually the same but I like to leave it blank till we know for sure)

I checked the reset dates for all of the leagues that were listed in the FM21 thread. The only ones that differ are

China – 2nd January

Finland – 15th December

Holland - July 7th

Sweden – 26th December

Won't be doing the challenge straight away, but will plan on going to Portugal first as a result of my affiliates last season with Paços de Ferreira that I had at Siena in FM 21.

Very curious about the dynamic youth ratings and how they will have implemented in game. National team ranking only, comparison of national leagues and European games,... 

Might have a huge impact on this challenge, but I do hope it is not too fluctuating

Just now, Armeniar said:

Very curious about the dynamic youth ratings and how they will have implemented in game. National team ranking only, comparison of national leagues and European games,... 

Might have a huge impact on this challenge, but I do hope it is not too fluctuating

I hope it makes smaller nations more viable in the long run. Going to try it out at some point, perhaps Andorra again, if someone creates a file.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

I hope it makes smaller nations more viable in the long run. Going to try it out at some point, perhaps Andorra again, if someone creates a file.

My plan for FM22, which no doubt will not be how things turn out are a Northern Ireland youth only, lowest European youth rep out the box, San Marino and/or Gibraltar (2nd and maybe 3rd save) Due to the history of San Marino being awful and Gibraltar having the lowest youth rating in Europe followed by a Bhutan youth only challenge since they're the country with the lowest youth rating that qualify for continental competition.

18 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Think we may need to have a rethink of England.

There’s a date that needs to be saved at to get different sides.

13 minutes ago, Padders said:

Went back to 1st June and wasn't then so looking at further back

12 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Last year was June 19th so not ideal if it's earlier than that :( 

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Yeah tried that first and 1st June

Both times same teams came up

3 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Bugger, will have a play around now myself and see what comes up. Tag me if you find the date first though. 

Last matchday is May 7 for Vanarama North/South.  I'm holidaying to May 6.

Great to see all the action on this great part of the forum. Cant wait to read all the progress reports! 

How about this ME? Feels so good, much more free flowing, I have seen build ups to goals far superior to previous versions! In swinging corners on first post seems to still be overpowered, let's hope they fix it! 

I really like the skin as well. In fact I like it so much I didn't notice that the board had accepted a bid for my best player :( Lost him after two games... what a bummer!! 

I'm three games into my first save, will update after the first season (if I last that long that is!).

4 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Anything I've missed in the OP etc let me know. Obviously let me know reset dates (I know most are usually the same but I like to leave it blank till we know for sure)

Would you mind putting in the rule about current players at clubs. Like you can keep current players at the club when you take over and extend their contracts.

4 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Rules for when taking over your club of choice

You're allowed to keep any player that starts under contract, you can extend their contracts as often as you like

Any players that are on loan at the club can be used but their loans can not be extended

If your board sign players for you and you can't cancel the deal these players can not be used, they must be sold ASAP, you should also post a screenshot in here when they've been signed so that we know they've been given to you

Have added the above to the OP. Think I've covered most of the issues but if I've missed some (I'm pretty tired) let me know and I can add to this.

5 minutes ago, glennuk said:

Would you mind putting in the rule about current players at clubs. Like you can keep current players at the club when you take over and extend their contracts.