EURO 2020(1?) Football forum average draft - final

GunmaN1905

Final  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Final

Yuko                                                                           Scott1892

1852245_Uruguay.jpg.835cc5bac3e8473997181851634_Championship_Manager_Team.jpg.7b5543b36f5391812935b0092ffddd48.jpg

The final.
After almost a month of draft and knockout rounds, we've made it.

The best two teams in the draft.
I'd really appreciate it if at least everyone who participated votes and writes a couple of sentences explaining his choice, these two teams deserve it.

@Darius1998@Barry Cartman@Jorg@bestbrother@Baptista_8@Hazzaj@grff@Marius_R@PaulHartman71@Kawee@The Golden boy@Butts@Haguey@Citizen Kane@Yuko @sjg11@adhikapp@managerdude_66@SRL88@Sano@trueblue.85@SouthCoastRed@MaxeyN17@Harryseaess@Scott1892@Crispypaul@XuluBak

Edited Wednesday at 18:00 by GunmaN1905

This is incredibly difficult to call after Yuko's formation change, would have voted for Scott otherwise. :D

The front four and midfields of both teams are relatively equal. Scott has more attacking fullbacks, Yuko's ones are comfortably better defensively. CBs and GKs in both teams are all brilliant players. I think Yuko would win narrowly.

I voted for Yuko because he built a team that was flexible throughout the tournament, think he had at least 3 different formations and was always able to adapt and make necessary switches. 

I think the front four (Shevchenko - Dzajic - Stoichkov - Figo vs. Shearer - Hagi - De Stefano - Susic) is pretty even. But player to player I prefer Yuko's midfield and defense: Rijkaard vs Kroos, Modric vs Winter, Maldini vs Alaba, Belodedici vs Abidal. Beckenbauer vs Baresi and Srna vs Neal are a tie for me (I loved Srna as an attacking wingback).

With Figo and Dzajic winning, I'm at least a little part of the victory :onmehead:

Let's see...

Courtois-Canizares is a really close one, I'd actually give a slight edge to the Belgian.

As much as I like Srna, he can't compare with such an icon like Phil Neal.

CB pairing is where it gets interesting. Abidal wasn't a pure CBs, but neither was Beckenbauer. Baresi is the best defender of the bunch, but Abidal is the weakest of the 4.

Maldini over Alaba, obviously, and he also gives the defensive stability to back 4, while both Scott's fullbacks are attack oriented.

As Sano said, Yuko's two midfielders are better.

I feel like out of front 4, Sušić should be compared with Figo, closest in terms of playstyle and Di Stefano with Hristo.

But then Hagi-Džajić doesn't make sense.

It could go either way, tbh.

Much like Shearer-Schevchenko, up there for the best strikers of their generation.

In the end, I have to give it to Yuko because of slight midfield advantage, but mostly because of full-backs.

As Scott said, he adapted way better, so I'm wondering if I should've even allowed any changes. :D
Scott got unlucky, when the draft itself was done, he had easily the best team.

Sano with deserved third and I feel l ike Darius had the 4th strongest team, but was unlucky with the draw.

I won't close the poll until the first game of the day is over, but can't see Yuko losing it.

1 hour ago, Scott1892 said:

I'm happy to have gotten to the final, Yuko is a worthy winner, he's found a way to improve his team every matchup whereas I found that aspect quite difficult.

I was really lucky in that regard but I guess it also had to do with my draft process. But still, 6/11 players in the final were not drafted by myself! 

Also not sure on the logistics for Scott's team, but I was anticipating a move where he'd switch Shearer and Abidal for Terry and Platini. Think he still had an empty Winner slot after Guerreiro was replaced.