Stream Review Thread

1 minute ago, Tunika said:

I think, the ME is better than last year but not as good as i expected. The xG must be fixed, it is always too low.

Not sure I agree with that. xG are often much lower than people expect based on what they think. That said, there could be issues there, and I'd advise anyone playing the beta (when it's released) to report potential erroneous xG when they spot some.

Take the quiz a bit down the page here and see for yourself how hard it is to set the xG by vision only.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40699431

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Not sure I agree with that. xG are often much lower than people expect based on what they think. That said, there could be issues there, and I'd advise anyone playing the beta (when it's released) to report potential erroneous xG when they spot some.

Take the quiz a bit down the page here and see for yourself how hard it is to set the xG by vision only.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40699431

I was more worried about very defensive AI in most matches... xG can't be high with 0 shots...

7 hours ago, kandersson said:

I was more worried about very defensive AI in most matches... xG can't be high with 0 shots...

Of course it's a concern, but I guess there's a reason why the beta haven't dropped yet. 

My early impressions, were Ooooh shiny(:thup:), I mean that the various screens looked so much better and polished, I like it, (apart from the big white empty spaces on certain reports(been here for years, I just wish it wasn't bright white)). Some ME things seemed better, but in the ME I think we all look for different things, and for me I need to see more/play for any real conclusions. I look forward to next stream.

I think the ME looked like an improvement on 2020. I liked the look of the new features and I liked the fairly varied kinds of goals. One thing I did notice was that teams seemed to give the ball away much more realistically then in prior ME's.

As for a lot of highlights starting from throw ins, I think they have to start them from somewhere. It would be really weird if we just dropped into the action in play...

In ME, Defenders go deep into their own box, leading to many shots on goal from outside the box. Defenders don't push hard.

The team led by the CPU does not change tactics to try to overcome the game. And if you do it's too late

Edited by kosecki99

13 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Did they say anywhere how many leagues they had loaded?
Because it seemed the loading and going foward in days is much faster, but if that was on 1 nation loaded then not saying much.

They did address it but didin't say how many leagues were loaded, more than one and some, were what i picked up. But Miles also said that saving time and the advancing days had been worked on and was a lot faster.

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

Did they say anywhere how many leagues they had loaded?
Because it seemed the loading and going foward in days is much faster, but if that was on 1 nation loaded then not saying much.

As they are devs I imagine they have some pretty powerful computers 

1 hour ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Not especially, the lads said that they were running the game from their laptops from what I remember.

1 hour ago, IrrelevantLion said:

5 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Not especially, the lads said that they were running the game from their laptops from what I remember.

At my job we have powerful desktops at the office, but no one wants to move them to home office, so we just remote connect into them from our laptops from home (often connected to several screens). I've talked to others in IT as well, and they've all done something similar.

Edited by XaW

Think they need to open their eyes a bit though . 3D has improved but they rave about it too much and dont look at the ones that are still silly . Goalkeeper diving for a ball when no one is near him and i saw a backheal that went about 20m ? No player does this.

28 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

This is mainly due to how the highlight system works. It tries to find a suitable 'start point' for a highlight which very often is from a restart. It's something we want to try and improve in the future but it's very difficult to find the right 'start point' mid play without leaving out important context as to what just happened.

Also yes, processing does feel faster. The real place where this is most obvious is saving/loading. It saves so fast now that it actually took me some getting used to.

Hope you enjoyed your first look at the ME

Yh that's understandable thanks for the response did love the overall play of the Match engine looks so much more smooth and it's good to see a Variety in type of goals scored really looking forward to play

57 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

What spec system are the staff playing on ? The 3D engine looked very stuttery like there are missing frames.

Miles mentioned in the video that on his stream it looked a bit choppy, but that it didn't look like that for them. So he said that if anyone saw stuttering it was most likely down to the streaming, not the game. But everyone should know when the beta drops.

30 minutes ago, XaW said:

Miles mentioned in the video that on his stream it looked a bit choppy, but that it didn't look like that for them. So he said that if anyone saw stuttering it was most likely down to the streaming, not the game. But everyone should know when the beta drops.

It's fine, 20 is super smooth on any half decent PC, I'm sure 21 will be as well.

Something I noticed, though I like the idea of the goal popup, I did notice it lingering when a goal was scored late on in match, this used to happen with the goal-flash text bar too, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Something I noticed, though I like the idea of the goal popup, I did notice it lingering when a goal was scored late on in match, this used to happen with the goal-flash text bar too, sometimes.

Yes, I saw in the Watford v Millwall match that...

Spoiler

...when Shane Ferguson scored the first of Millwall's goals the pop up did not disappear - even when they scored twice more! 

Really liked what I saw compared to FM20. Movements felt more "real", some nice touches here and there, and overall with not that much direct attack. Of course, we'll have to see when we test the Beta, but I'm really excited for this version!

I know they said that defensive awareness and positioning has been improved, but the Glatzel goal (although it was a lovely finish) seemed to suggest the contrary. Check out the screenshot below:

fm21.jpg.111f2332da6ecdd7fa952dd0d9eddb5b.jpg

There was a lot of this in FM20. Basically once the striker beats his man and he has some pace, he easily runs through on goal. Over here there is a covering defender who should at least make some effort to close him down, or narrow his angles. However he is allowed a clean run through & finish. 

On FM20 this I believe resulted in a lot of one on ones, but was balanced out by the forwards missing a large % of them. I am curious to see how it plays out in FM21.

The other issue I found was a few games where the AI was far too defensive, and barely had a shot. Apart from this, it looked great.