[FM21] Teams to manage

steevo55

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Searching for a team (preferably in the second or third division of a top-10 UEFA league) from a city in a region with strong local pride. Looking to emulate the Basque-only policy of Athletic but in other parts. Any advice of regions with strong local pride, looking to fight the "capital of the country" (in football terms of course) are welcomed.

4 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Searching for a team (preferably in the second or third division of a top-10 UEFA league) from a city in a region with strong local pride. Looking to emulate the Basque-only policy of Athletic but in other parts. Any advice of regions with strong local pride, looking to fight the "capital of the country" (in football terms of course) are welcomed.

An obvious one, but 1860 Münich? I know Münich isn't the capital though. 

Paris FC another option perhaps?

Edited by Gungner

58 minutes ago, Gungner said:

You got me wrong, maybe I writte like **** due to beer... loking for another region .. to fight the capital, not be there... and Bavaria is not really with strong local pride and fighting Berlin. But thx anyways.

On 19/06/2021 at 19:58, Muttley84 said:

a region with strong local pride

The Breton area of France, maybe. Rennes are the big team, but Caen are (I think) in L2. Sicily might be another possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2021 at 18:36, Gungner said:

I think in Portugal, it's only Brazilians that are counted as non-foreigners. Could be wrong.

But definately Netherlands...  

There are no foreign limits at all in Portugal, although in the Allianz Cup (league cup equivalent), you need to field 2 Portuguese under 21 players.  There are a few sugar daddy clubs in Portugal that start in the 3rd (soon to be 4th) division.  I’m currently Lusitania Lourosa, 9 seasons in and have just won the league for the first time.  Amazing save, although funding was scaled down after 4 seasons but you can build up your facilities to the max by then.

On 20/06/2021 at 06:58, Muttley84 said:

Rayo Vallecano is a good option. While they're from Madrid they have passionate supporters who very much take pride in their working class roots. Also, for me, the nicest kits in the game. They're probably my most used team since Championship Manager days to be honest. 

Deportivo are another good option too. 

Outside of Spain, I've had two very good saves with Nurnberg and Kiel. The former used to be an absolute powerhouse and have enormous potential. Kiel are from a underrepresented state in German football so I liked the idea of being The Team from the area that would soak up all the available talent. They start with a few really promising players and promotion is definitely achievable first season. 

Edited by causeforconcern

Torn between Everton and Newcastle atm. Does anyone know their transfer budgets for the second season if they meet first season objectives.

I am aware Everton has a lot better squad to start with but Newcastle career demands serious squad overhaul and given the proper warchest second season iz could ne fun.

19 hours ago, baller94 said:

Anyone know of which clubs in the top two or three divisons of the major European comps with ridicously small town populations? I know Guingamp only have about 7k, looking for alternatives.

Hoffenheim is a tiny village in the Kraichgau region of Baden-Württemberg, with a population of just 3,260 – and yet in the space of 28 years the club has gone from the eighth tier of German football to the UEFA Champions League.

On 20/07/2021 at 02:34, baller94 said:

Anyone know of which clubs in the top two or three divisons of the major European comps with ridicously small town populations? I know Guingamp only have about 7k, looking for alternatives.

Segunda B in Spain and Serie C have plenty of 10k and smaller settlements.

On 22/06/2021 at 19:29, warlock said:

The Breton area of France, maybe. Rennes are the big team, but Caen are (I think) in L2. Sicily might be another possibility.

@Muttley84Brittany in France is indeed a county with strong local pride. Rennes, Nantes, Brest, Lorient are all in Ligue 1, Guingamp in L2. But to be correct Caen is in Normandy, not Brittany.

Otherwise you have Corsica, also in France with Ajaccio or Bastia to manage. Sardinia in Italy may be another option.

Edited by bianconeri96

On 19/06/2021 at 21:58, Muttley84 said:

Not a top 10 league anymore, but think Larisa in Greece is a good shout. If you want a proper challenge, check Iraklis if you can find a db. 

Italy, Germany and England don't help as the capital is not really a strong football domain.

The Netherlands is a good option, but not in lower leagues as there's not much choice. A team like Den Haag fits the bill here, but only for FM22 as they got relegated in 2020-21. NAC Breda mostly hates Feyenoord, but you could pick Excelsior. From Rotterdam, 3rd club there and a big intercity rivalry with Amsterdam. 

With Italy and Germany you have a wider selection if you dismiss the "fight the capital" part. 

On 19/06/2021 at 21:02, Gungner said:

I'm thinking about starting with 1860 , tried a youth only with them , two times.. maybe i should start a normal save or region bound save with them.

On 23/07/2021 at 23:50, OlivierL said:

I'm thinking about starting with 1860 , tried a youth only with them , two times.. maybe i should start a normal save or region bound save with them.

Yeah, you could always go Baviara only with 1860... There are a nice bunch of players, and decent clubs producing more (Bayern, Nurnberg, Furth, Augsburg, Etc.) 

Hiya I am looking for a team in any country that I can replicate how Brentford approach transfers.

So basically I want a team that has rubbish youth facilities. Decent-Good training facilities.

Rubbish junior coaching and youth recruitment.

I don't want the team to have develop youth as part of the club's culture.

A team with a decentish budget or have good players to sell on for profit similar to Brentford's transfer policy.

Please don't suggest Barnsley or FC Midtjylland as I have already done saves with them. 

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

After looking into it a bit more I have found some Dutch and Portuguese teams that fit what I am looking for but I am just curious which one's you think would be a good fit for me replicating Brenford's transfer policy.

Here are the Dutch and Portuguese teams

Holland

Heracles Almelo 
SC Cambuur 
FC Eindhoven 
NAC Breda 
Roda JC 

Portugal

Arouca 
Gil Vicente 
Portimonense 
AC Viseu 
Penafiel 
Vilafranquense 
Leiria 
Vit Setubal 

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Haven't really got into a save on FM21,  having had a couple of really fun ones on FM20.  Any suggestions for good teams.  I am open to anything,  though preferably European,  and a team who a) don't have a big budget in relation to competitors and b) have something approximating a distinctive tacticacl style.  I am intending for this save to be a journeyman save,  so it can be lower league (though preferably not in Britain).

Edited by Erratic Aspie

Hi all. Looking for one last save idea before FM22. I reckon I can squeeze in 3-5 seasons and I'd like a project with a clear, achievable end goal (so no taking a team from National League to Champions League, for example). Anyone got any good ideas? So far I'm thinking perhaps going for a South American save, maybe try and win the Copa Libertadores with a non-Argentinian/Brazilian team. Or take 1860 Munich or Kaiserslautern back to the Bundesliga. I'm really keen to think of a few more! Thanks in advance.

Edited by DanBeats90

12 часов назад, DanBeats90 сказал:

Hi all. Looking for one last save idea before FM22. I reckon I can squeeze in 3-5 seasons and I'd like a project with a clear, achievable end goal (so no taking a team from National League to Champions League, for example). Anyone got any good ideas? So far I'm thinking perhaps going for a South American save, maybe try and win the Copa Libertadores with a non-Argentinian/Brazilian team. Or take 1860 Munich or Kaiserslautern back to the Bundesliga. I'm really keen to think of a few more! Thanks in advance.

• Build new stadium for Deportivo la Coruna
  • Palermo back from Serie C
  • Boavista wins Portugese League
  • Roma pay off a multimillion debt
  • Saint Ettiene wins French League
  • Improve Excelsior as best Rotterdam club
  • Chertanovo promotion to Russian Premier League (no transfers as club vision, fixed as I remember)

On 30/07/2021 at 20:03, Adzke said:

Has anyone tried on KAS Eupen? They seem to be getting Spanish newgens, and I was thinking they might be a nice youth only-option as Barcelona could send through some great youngsters?

They are owned by a rich group from Qatar. i think they'll get some regens from Qatar . 

On 01/08/2021 at 11:36, Novem9 said:
  • Build new stadium for Deportivo la Coruna
  • Palermo back from Serie C
  • Boavista wins Portugese League
  • Roma pay off a multimillion debt
  • Saint Ettiene wins French League
  • Improve Excelsior as best Rotterdam club
  • Chertanovo promotion to Russian Premier League (no transfers as club vision, fixed as I remember)

Maybe winning SPL with Aberdeen ?

On 31/07/2021 at 22:41, DanBeats90 said:

I face the same issue / situation. i want to do my last youth only attempt on FM21 or non league to winning the league but it is to late.. i only play one season every 3/4 weeks. 

So your idea concerning 1860 Münich is something i was planning for a long time but i was going to do it with a story / topic and youth only.. Youth only would take me too long so... maybe i should go for a normal save with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently playing with Ajax, as i like to do every year. Third season and i’m getting quite bored, as i am not managing to get good offers in for my star players so i can move them on and get my conveyor belt of youngsters going on.

So i might get into a new save, using editor to give the team “cannot buy any players” club culture (i think it’s possible, a russian club has it iirc).

As i know the squad really well and it is full of talent, i was thinking of giving Ajax another go.

Do you have any other fun team suggestions for this, it can be any league and any level. Best if it already has a good youth setup, but not necessary if it has other peculiar reasons

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a last challenge before FM22. I'm bored with my save with Santos lifeban, mainly because there are too much matches by season in Brazil (between 70 and 80 each year...).

I want a club in Europe outside the top 7. I prefer a club which is not favorite, it can be in lower divisions. I mostly want a club with some promising players.

Any suggestions ?

5 minutes ago, steevo55 said:

I'm looking for a last challenge before FM22. I'm bored with my save with Santos lifeban, mainly because there are too much matches by season in Brazil (between 70 and 80 each year...).

I want a club in Europe outside the top 7. I prefer a club which is not favorite, it can be in lower divisions. I mostly want a club with some promising players.

Any suggestions ?

Anderlecht, AZ, Dinamo Zagreb, Red Star Belgrade would be my suggestions.

il y a 46 minutes, Ronaldo Beckham a dit :

Anderlecht, AZ, Dinamo Zagreb, Red Star Belgrade would be my suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions, but there are all big clubs in there respective countries, I rather smaller clubs if it's possible.

Le 07/10/2021 à 10:11, FMTouched a dit :

Midjland (idk how to pronounce it) , AIK , Viborg FF

Viborg seems really weak but Midtjylland and AIK seems to have so much promising players. I consider Valerenga and Malmo (even if it's a big club, Anel Ahmedhodzic is too good...)

Thanks for suggestions guys. I finally just realize that FM 22 will be available in 1 month only so beta will be out in 2 weeks... Maybe it's not the best moment to start a new save and it can be good to let the hype ascend. See you on the new topic for FM 22 :ackter:

6 hours ago, steevo55 said:

Thanks for suggestions guys. I finally just realize that FM 22 will be available in 1 month only so beta will be out in 2 weeks... Maybe it's not the best moment to start a new save and it can be good to let the hype ascend. See you on the new topic for FM 22 :ackter:

Yeah pretty pointless starting a FM21 save now if you are planning on buying FM22.