[FM21] Teams to manage

steevo55

On 14/04/2021 at 07:34, oze07 said:

Ok thanks. I'm torn between,  Valencia, sociedad or sevilla.  Just dont want to struggle with no money.

Just finished 2nd with Sevilla, got a transfer budget of £10m which isn't the best...but better than Valencia I'm sure 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Daws88 said:

Just finished 2nd with Sevilla, got a transfer budget of £10m which isn't the best...but better than Valencia I'm sure 

oh right. im gonna go with sevilla i think. may i ask what tactic you used?

3 minutes ago, oze07 said:

oh right. im gonna go with sevilla i think. may i ask what tactic you used?

Enjoy mate. Ocampos and Papu are fun players!

I played a 4231 plug and play by knap from FM20, which still works well enough. 

19 minutes ago, Daws88 said:

Enjoy mate. Ocampos and Papu are fun players!

I played a 4231 plug and play by knap from FM20, which still works well enough. 

4231, never thought of that formation. i was gonna go for a 4123 formation. what was your best 11?

On 20/04/2021 at 16:02, steevo55 said:

Not so much (still just 120 M that I will pay in nex january). I had over 100M after first season and same after second season. I managed to sell at good prices some players at the club and players who come on a free transfer.

I finally made 2 more transfers, here's my team updated and transfer history.

370946828_dortmunds3(2).png.48d4a0c3319cd8f387aea212f0413efa.png

284053151_dortmundtransfer1.thumb.png.a24bd9cc18d8a3498ec80dd54a63731d.png

257576869_dortmundtransfer2.thumb.png.35d11c51a61ce79c3009827e7581efc4.png

1422908473_dortmundtransfer3.thumb.png.7c4fb13703d7fc423fbf1769daca169d.png

What skin is that you're using?

2 hours ago, oze07 said:

4231, never thought of that formation. i was gonna go for a 4123 formation. what was your best 11?

Team kind of picks itself. 

Bonou, Navas, Kounde, Carlos, Acuna, Rakitic, Ramsey (loan), Suso, Papu, Ocampos, El Nesyri

43 minutes ago, Shep1920 said:

Hi folks I want to do a save in lower league of Germany any recommendations please 

I would look at:

Kaiserslautern - ex Bundesliga champions with a massive stadium/fanbase.

Heidenheim - Yet to play at the top flight but have been nearly men for a few seasons

1860 Munchen and Dresden are usually popular saves as well so might be worth checking them out.

Hi wanting to start a new game in either the national north or south. Thinking about either Gloucester or Leamington in the north or Dorking, Chippenham Town or Dulwich Hamlet in the south. Would also consider other teams if anyone has any suggestions?

On 02/05/2021 at 21:02, fraz86 said:

Hi wanting to start a new game in either the national north or south. Thinking about either Gloucester or Leamington in the north or Dorking, Chippenham Town or Dulwich Hamlet in the south. Would also consider other teams if anyone has any suggestions?

I was looking at Leamington earlier, looks like a super tough save would be a good challenge. Taking York back into the football league could be another good one. 

2 hours ago, silentwars said:

Taking York back into the football league could be another good one

I won back-to-back titles with York from the VNN to L1 - a great save so far, but we're struggling in L1 now (which just makes it that much more interesting). Recommended!

The saga starts here:

@fraz86 I would recommend Dulwich Hamlet, as much as that pains me as a secondary Maidstone United fan. Big club for the level so funds are not a huge issue. Being based in London helps with catchment of players released by some of the bigger clubs in the pyramid too.

I'm open to any ideas, I've really struggled to get into any saves on this years game. At this time of year with the current real life season nearly over, I usually holiday for the first season and then start a game, just so it feels more in real time

7 hours ago, ashey said:

I'm open to any ideas, I've really struggled to get into any saves on this years game. At this time of year with the current real life season nearly over, I usually holiday for the first season and then start a game, just so it feels more in real time

Not sure what you're looking for but I'll throw some at you that could be enjoyable: Barnsley, Schalke, Chelmsford, Valarenga, Sevilla, Inter Miami, Leeds 

I've played journeyman saves all year but thinking of starting a new save and taking one of the big teams on hard times and try and get them up. 

Narrowed down to Deportivo or Palermo. Was also tempted by Torpedo Moscow but I managed in the Russian 2nd division on one of my journeyman saves.

Has anybody done either? I'd imagine promotion first season wouldnt be too difficult. Does it getting challenging after that. I want something I can sink my teeth into. I'm open to other suggestions. 

21 hours ago, Safe Hands said:

I've played journeyman saves all year but thinking of starting a new save and taking one of the big teams on hard times and try and get them up. 

Narrowed down to Deportivo or Palermo. Was also tempted by Torpedo Moscow but I managed in the Russian 2nd division on one of my journeyman saves.

Has anybody done either? I'd imagine promotion first season wouldnt be too difficult. Does it getting challenging after that. I want something I can sink my teeth into. I'm open to other suggestions. 

I had a pop with Deportivo and it was good fun. Promotion first season was fairly simple although the league rules were a bit funky. My lack of managerial ability let me down after that though. I would imagine somebody better could have a really enjoyable save with them though. Palermo are another team i would love to try on this version but haven’t got round to it yet.

2 hours ago, goonergez said:

I had a pop with Deportivo and it was good fun. Promotion first season was fairly simple although the league rules were a bit funky. My lack of managerial ability let me down after that though. I would imagine somebody better could have a really enjoyable save with them though. Palermo are another team i would love to try on this version but haven’t got round to it yet.

Did seven seasons with Depor and really enjoyed it. Never won the La Liga but we were Champions League regulars and did win a couple of domestic cups. Probably my longest save I've ever had and I've been playing manager games since the mid nineties. 

Not sure where to go next- have a current save with Holstein Kiel which has been successful but fairly frustrating as I can't seem to get the side playing how I want to. Will likely end it here and head to France or Italy and try play some outrageously kamikaze attacking football. 

I like taking over sides that either have history and are now massively struggling (Depor being a great example) or a smaller team from a populous region (basically so the growth of the club feels organic). Ideally they have an interesting player or two I can build the club around. 

Open to suggestions. 

23 hours ago, causeforconcern said:

Did seven seasons with Depor and really enjoyed it. Never won the La Liga but we were Champions League regulars and did win a couple of domestic cups. Probably my longest save I've ever had and I've been playing manager games since the mid nineties. 

Not sure where to go next- have a current save with Holstein Kiel which has been successful but fairly frustrating as I can't seem to get the side playing how I want to. Will likely end it here and head to France or Italy and try play some outrageously kamikaze attacking football. 

I like taking over sides that either have history and are now massively struggling (Depor being a great example) or a smaller team from a populous region (basically so the growth of the club feels organic). Ideally they have an interesting player or two I can build the club around. 

Open to suggestions. 

Parma , St Etienne, Paris FC, Bari

15 hours ago, silentwars said:

Parma , St Etienne, Paris FC, Bari

Good suggestions- Parma and St Etienne are a probably bigger clubs than I like (although I have to say, Montpellier have a cracking squad with some fun players...absolutely love the kits too) but Paris FC and Bari are great options. I'm also seriously considering Le Havre as they are chock full of interesting youth players and fulfil some of the criteria I'm after

11 hours ago, causeforconcern said:

Good suggestions- Parma and St Etienne are a probably bigger clubs than I like (although I have to say, Montpellier have a cracking squad with some fun players...absolutely love the kits too) but Paris FC and Bari are great options. I'm also seriously considering Le Havre as they are chock full of interesting youth players and fulfil some of the criteria I'm after

I'm in season 7 with Le Havre. It's a great save. Some of the starting players developed nicely and the facilities are class. I've upgraded them to the max in most cases and have had back to back golden generations come through. I'm only signing French or African players and it's a good challenge. Haven't finished higher than 4th yet

On 20.04.2021 at 11:02, steevo55 said:

There's money in Germany too ! My team with Dortmund before starting the third season.

1975359550_dortmunds3.png.540e66ac65c0b85e44a3d1caf59ae812.png

hi.. where can i find this face pack and background

15 hours ago, Trevomac said:

I'm in season 7 with Le Havre. It's a great save. Some of the starting players developed nicely and the facilities are class. I've upgraded them to the max in most cases and have had back to back golden generations come through. I'm only signing French or African players and it's a good challenge. Haven't finished higher than 4th yet

Yeah, I always restrict myself to what I think the club would buy in real life so for a French club I would be mostly sticking to France and Africa too. 

Who were your standouts from the starting players?

15 hours ago, causeforconcern said:

Yeah, I always restrict myself to what I think the club would buy in real life so for a French club I would be mostly sticking to France and Africa too. 

Who were your standouts from the starting players?

So far Ba, Abdelli, Yahia Fofana and Ylan Gomes are are key regulars. Sacko is still there too as a backup. Meddah developed really well but sold for £40M after 3 or 4 seasons.

Out of 30 players I have in or around my first team, 21 are academy graduates

15 hours ago, Trevomac said:

So far Ba, Abdelli, Yahia Fofana and Ylan Gomes are are key regulars. Sacko is still there too as a backup. Meddah developed really well but sold for £40M after 3 or 4 seasons.

Out of 30 players I have in or around my first team, 21 are academy graduates

That's an outstanding success rate. 

Looking at the squad I'll probably give minutes to Abdelli and Fofana first season (actually tempted to just start Fofana as I'm going to play with an attacking sweeper keeper) as well as that absolutely giant centre back Toure- who appears to have random stats but my version has 15 in tackling, marking and heading. 

The one thing I don't like about managing in France is the fact there is a real lack of domestic talent staffing wise. In Germany and Spain there's always an abundance of quality options from the get go and plenty more that you can target in the future but it's slim pickings here. 

21 hours ago, causeforconcern said:

That's an outstanding success rate. 

Looking at the squad I'll probably give minutes to Abdelli and Fofana first season (actually tempted to just start Fofana as I'm going to play with an attacking sweeper keeper) as well as that absolutely giant centre back Toure- who appears to have random stats but my version has 15 in tackling, marking and heading. 

The one thing I don't like about managing in France is the fact there is a real lack of domestic talent staffing wise. In Germany and Spain there's always an abundance of quality options from the get go and plenty more that you can target in the future but it's slim pickings here. 

Yeah I know what you mean. I tried to go down the same route with French staff but it was too hard.

Yeah Toure was a regular for me but sold him last season, he had good mark, tackling, positioning and decisions in mine. I pretty much promoted Ba, Meddah, Fofana, Toure, Sacko, Gomes immediately to the first team.

Really cant get into a save. I've spent last few nights loading up different databases and cant settle on anything. Tried various clubs and get bored and just spend the time thinking what leagues to load. Really looking for inspiration so I can just play.

In fact he only save I've really enjoyed was my first attempt at the ultimate challenge when I was in South Africa. Ive not really enjoyed any other save. 

I like the aspect of journeyman saves. My laptop can handle 30-40 playable leagues.

At minutes I just cant decide and probably over thinking things.

Try ultimate challenge again

European journeyman save

Americans journeyman save south and north 

Managed Mk moss in 3rd division in Norway

Or  Journymen around Scandinavia or Eastern Europe

3 hours ago, Safe Hands said:

Really cant get into a save. I've spent last few nights loading up different databases and cant settle on anything. Tried various clubs and get bored and just spend the time thinking what leagues to load. Really looking for inspiration so I can just play.

In fact he only save I've really enjoyed was my first attempt at the ultimate challenge when I was in South Africa. Ive not really enjoyed any other save. 

I like the aspect of journeyman saves. My laptop can handle 30-40 playable leagues.

European journeyman save

Why not start your Scandinavian/European journeyman as Mk moss then?

7 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Why not start your Scandinavian/European journeyman as Mk moss then?

I normally always start unemployed, no badges etc. My aim from that save would be take them to top division in Norway, more long terms than jumping ship after a season or two. 

I'm edging towards that or the american Journeyman save.

Im really in doubt here it’s Auxerre or Spanish Racing Santander. Think they are quite even, but who would you choose? 

of course I would use both clubs excellent Youth academy, but not sure which is most exciting. France league maybe a bit easier, but Spanish stronger league and more money 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, ernemann said:

Im really in doubt here it’s Auxerre or Spanish Racing Santander. Think they are quite even, but who would you choose? 

of course I would use both clubs excellent Youth academy, but not sure which is most exciting. France league maybe a bit easier, but Spanish stronger league and more money 🤷‍♂️

I'd go Racing personally as I think there are a lot more options in terms of staff and players if you plan to play the game realistically and lean towards signing French/Spanish respectively.

Also, I won't spoil it, but Racing have a particularly impressive youth player who is probably the best player in the division stats wise even at seventeen.

16 hours ago, Safe Hands said:

European journeyman save

Same here.

Something about this year's game is just a bit lame :/

On 20/05/2021 at 02:48, turgi said:

Same here.

Something about this year's game is just a bit lame :/

I was struglling to get a save going recently, but now I've got one I'm really enjoying. Sometimes you just need a break until a club or project inspires your next save. 

9 hours ago, silentwars said:

I was struglling to get a save going recently, but now I've got one I'm really enjoying. Sometimes you just need a break until a club or project inspires your next save. 

Yeah I've been playing long enough to know that.

This time I have played properly since December or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Any ideas for a casual save that I could play a few matches every day or 2? I'm doing my work placement during the summer so might not be able to invest loads of time but still want to have something to play with in the limited free time. Was thinking of arsenal given their shambles of a season? Mainly watch premier league so I'm more familiar with those players but other teams are fine

Il y a 9 heures, Shep1920 a dit :

Hi folks wanna do a Italian save maybe lower league teams any ideas? I’m pretty stuck atm 

Monza ! They never reach the Serie A and with the arrival of Berlusconi and Galliani the club is pretty ambitious.