Which of these leagues if added to the next version of FM, would make you more likely to make a purchase?

Which of these countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?  

1,333 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these UEFA countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?

• Cyprus
    • Azerbaijan
    • Kazakhstan
    • Moldova
    • Albania
    • Macedonia
    • Montenegro
    • Estonia
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Armenia
    • Georgia
    • Malta
    • Gibraltar (as default within the game without downloading it from steam)
    • Luxembourg
    • Kosovo
    • Faroe islands
    • Andorra
    • San Marino
  2. 2. Which of these non-UEFA countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?

• Ecuador
    • Bolivia
    • Paraguay
    • Venezuela
    • UAE
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Uzbekistan
    • Thailand
    • Vietnam
    • Egypt
    • Tunisia
    • Morocco
    • Algeria
    • DR Congo
    • Jamacia
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama
    • Honduras
    • New Zealand
  3. 3. If these countries had lower or additional leagues on a future edition of FM, would it make you more likely to buy that edition?

• England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Brazil
    • Argentina
    • Peru
    • India (IPL)
    • France
    • Germany
    • Netherlands
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Switzerland
    • Austria
    • Russia
    • Poland
    • Ukraine
    • Denmark
    • Greece

Football games all have a tendency to be biased towards the English leagues for some reason, even FIFA which is produced in the USA. Every FIFA disappointed me with either the Scottish Premier League, or just rangers and celtic, meanwhile you could play as kingshill primary in the amateur junior third division kent regional primary school league reserves. They wouldn't even have Serie B but have Vanarama south northwest east street, house numbers 1-5. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2018 at 20:38, ManchesterCentralFUN said:

not everyone will have their countries league in Football Manager. So people if you want your league in FM, SI blessed us with the Pre-game editor. With this software you can move mountains and add your own clubs, nations, continents, players, league.

Do you personally think that a country like the Faroe Islands could be added to the game?

1 hour ago, samuelsarus said:

Do you personally think that a country like the Faroe Islands could be added to the game?

Niue, is a self-governing state in a free association of New Zealand. It is recognise by OFC and has its own National team, they aren't part of FM20 database.

I would love SI let us create new nations in the editor, instead of replacing unused one. Nations like this and as well Greenland could be created in FM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 4th and 5th tier of German Football would be always nice.

Apart from the Japanese Leagues :D
I would really like to have some African Leagues so the CAF Champions League is more competetive in a long save ^^
And also to scout the next Eto'o - Drogba and Weah

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As Latvian Virslīga made their own patch and showing interest to cooperate with SI to make it official/licenced, I would be happy to see playable Latvia. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Zealand is looking even more interesting after recent league restructuring, with Regional leagues as qualifiers for the new National League. We need NZ now more than ever :D

I believe African leagues should take priority over adding lower leagues. I'd love to see them all of course, but of all the Continents Africa has the least leagues, and it is arguably bigger in World football than CONCACAF.

1 hour ago, UKFA said:

I believe African leagues should take priority over adding lower leagues. I'd love to see them all of course, but of all the Continents Africa has the least leagues, and it is arguably bigger in World football than CONCACAF.

I think I'm like you, add more nations, let the lower leagues be the job of the brilliant editors we have in these forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the Japan issue wil be sorted out in the next few years.

Next, I also would like to see Paraquay, Costa Rica, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Nigeria, Saudi-Arabia, Qatar, Vietnam. They have great teams that are continental beaters, and/or lots of potential.

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2021 at 10:49, lacom said:

As Latvian Virslīga made their own patch and showing interest to cooperate with SI to make it official/licenced, I would be happy to see playable Latvia. 

That's an interesting development. I would like SI to go with it, but it depends on how big the Latvian football gaming market is. Surely it's bigger than Iceland or Belarus, one would have thought?

19 hours ago, decapitated said:

That's an interesting development. I would like SI to go with it, but it depends on how big the Latvian football gaming market is. Surely it's bigger than Iceland or Belarus, one would have thought?

Are you talking regards of selling the game in Latvia or just have the Latvia league be officially represented in the game?

Edited by grade

Just now, grade said:

Are you talking regards of selling the game in Latvia or just have the Latvia league be officially represented in the game?

in terms of selling the game in Latvia. The reason several poor quality leagues in South East Asia are represented is I imagine the domestic market in those countries.

Just now, decapitated said:

in terms of selling the game in Latvia. The reason several poor quality leagues in South East Asia are represented is I imagine the domestic market in those countries.

I ask this, because not sure about what takes to sell the game in country, but having the a league be in game was dependent the research volunteers provided the data of those leagues and the overall info SI had on those leagues. At least that is the impression i had read here and there in these forums.

Thus why I ask if you were talking of selling the game or just having the league in game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of the current moment, Japan is nearly impossible to add "officially" due to ongoing licenses with both Konami and EA.

Also as I work with the FA there, it is very hard to gather information outside of the top 3 Professional leagues as most of the league regulations/statistics and most importantly commercial/sponsorships are normally kept very private. some leagues don't even publish their information online, and then there's the added difficulty that everything is in Japanese.

On a positive note though, as compared to even 5 years ago much more info has been made public (even in English) and that support has been growing in Japan as users add Japanese as a language to the UI.

Unless a certain quality is preserved the FA will definitely not allow it to happen. It will come someday, but I doubt anytime before 2025 (which is when the next stage of japanese football begins)

8 hours ago, lukavski said:

Well, hopefully FM can make an exception and add a "fake" Japan with similar-named clubs and randomly generated players.

That would be infinitely better than having a full grey-players league with real club names.

they have already done that for the National team, in that the AI will pick fake players.  

in the meantime I am doing the whole pyramid as i do have permission from the fa as long as i only use information that is online etc

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love a Liechtenstein league to be added :lol: 

I would also like to add how grateful I am to anyone who attempts to bring a non playable league in to FM.  As a previous uploader of the Kosovar top 3 leagues (up to FM16), I know the difficulty and time spent obtaining details of these once obscure leagues in to FM.

• 2 weeks later...

The lower leagues in the USA (USL, USL One, NISA, etc)  are fun because the don't have the stupid MLS rules and the quality is decent. That said , they also not have promotion or relegation. Still, I start a lot of journeyman saves there.

It would also fill out north america a little which only has 4 leagues right now (2 in mexico, one in cananda and one in usa).

Edited by McBride

Serbian 3rd level - Srpske Lige. Very, very hard to mod accurately to have clubs from correct regions promote and relegate, a pain every year. If it was implemented in the vanilla main game, I'd throw my money at SI.

I've literally never seen an accurate mod/addon for those leagues, and I looked for it almost every year. Some mods online say "realistic promotion and relegation" - lies.

Edited by nimbleshadow

Latvia is playable from default in FM22. It seems if you want a league to be added officially, the best way is for the football establishment in that country to facilitate it and be open to it as that is whats happened in Latvia and Canada.

I am very excited about the new FM22, I have to say that the game engine has improved a lot, for football fans like me, it is an immense joy to be able to feel such a real experience as the one provided by football manager this year. I would like to make a request to you, it would be fantastic for the immersion of the matches some 3d hairstyle style for the footballers, such as Sañe, Marcelo, Cammavinga, etc, you cannot have the same Benzema hairstyle as Marcelo, I think it is something very easy for the developers to implement and surely many players who year after year are files to the title buying the game will make us very happy. Please consider the proposal and implement it in the game.

1553769736_hair3dfm22.png.3021d7beee757361883ffbcfba15313c.png

44 minutes ago, crackvictor said:

I am very excited about the new FM22, I have to say that the game engine has improved a lot, for football fans like me, it is an immense joy to be able to feel such a real experience as the one provided by football manager this year. I would like to make a request to you, it would be fantastic for the immersion of the matches some 3d hairstyle style for the footballers, such as Sañe, Marcelo, Cammavinga, etc, you cannot have the same Benzema hairstyle as Marcelo, I think it is something very easy for the developers to implement and surely many players who year after year are files to the title buying the game will make us very happy. Please consider the proposal and implement it in the game.

1553769736_hair3dfm22.png.3021d7beee757361883ffbcfba15313c.png

great post, repost this in the feature requests tab so that it will get looked at ;)

Unironically, Qatar will be the first World Cup host (besides Japan - but that's due to licensing issues) to not have their domestic league playable in the year of the World Cup, unless SI decides it needs to be included. Yes, there'd likely be increased costs due to the need to translate the game into Arabic, and Saudi Arabia or UAE probably have better domestic leagues to add in terms of popularity in the peninsula for sales, but I still find it crazy that Qatar won't have its league in the game at this point by World Cup time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/11/2021 at 03:29, datareport said:

Iranian league. Iranian clubs regularly make the Asian Champions League final despite operating on peanuts and the national team is consistently ranked number 1 in Asia.

Selling the game in the United States would probably become problematic if they added Iran's league in officially.

On 30/11/2021 at 14:53, FootballHedgehog said:

It's legally difficult to sell anything benefiting Iran's government - which runs many of the teams in the league - in the United States due to existing laws. Almost impossible.

I guess that is their choice...

Not being able to sell a game that intents to represent the whole world, because has leagues from a rival country, make little sense to me.

South Africa has been lonely for too long. Options are limited if you want to do an around-the-world journeyman save and you get to Africa. Morocco, Egypt & Algeria representing the North of the continent would be strong, strong additions with a decent roster of players, I'm sure. I also have stolen so many wonderkids from Ivorian club ASEC Mimosas in the past that it'd be rude to not try and play as them some day. New Zealand would also be fun as it would open up the possibility to compete in the Oceanian Champions League and get a sample of that continent, which is only possible with mods currently. Those would definitely be my priorities for a better balance from across the globe.

Oh, and North Korea for a laugh, thanks.

Edited by properdisco

• 3 weeks later...