What will you first do in FM09?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was not going to buy the game and just update 08 but i go in for an op on my knee on the 9th so ill have time to kill of work

so first thing ill do is complete a season with a team of my fancy to get used to the new features etc, last year was LA Galaxy (for DB obviously)

this time im thinking man city.

ill then play 3 or 4 games i like the challenge off, probably an all english challenge with villa (english players only after 3 seasons)

i fancy a game with boro or everton this year aswell as a game with athletico madrid.

see someone mentioned luton ill definatly give them a go i like that challenge.

ill have a crack at non league as always probably with local side grays aswell as local side southend.

ill eventually end up managing my beloved QPR and take them (hopefully) on a journey to glory and fame,

untill approx may time when the season ends and i become bored of the game untill FM 2010

sell jermaine pennant, and take liverpool back to where they belong.

(his armband proved he was a red torres, torres

you'll never walk alone it, torres, torres

we bought the lad from sunny spain

he gets the ball, he scores again

fernandooo torres, liverpools number 9)

+1 this ;)

Start unemployed. Id love my first 3D game to be a scrappy 0-0! Don't know why but i love scrappy games!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your not the only one, i mean i'd rather scrape a 1-0 and get a clean sheets, without around 8 shots in the game..like 5 to me, 3 to them say..instead of winning 4-2. weird,

1. Install Fm.

2. Finish 6th form at 12.30

3. Play from about 1.30pm - 4 in the morning..at least!! (With Villa)

4. Sell Zat Knight, Issiah Osbourne, Buy a Right Back / Centre Half as Back up for both positions, Also Buy a back up left Winger, and then a 3rd choice Striker!

5. Then finish top 6 first season!

First up, i'll probably start a game with Liverpool and get a feel for the features before i move on to a small Italian club.

YAY i live in Sydney as support Liverpool as well! I agree the young Australians in the a-league tend to be inaccuratley rated but at least there's a kick ass keeper at Liverpool who's Aussie! I hope Bouzanis still has great potential on fm 09.

You, good sir, are a legend!

Download demo and try it before i buy it.

This will be first time ever in a decade that i just don't buy FM/CM when it's released, but after last years disappointment i will wait till i spend $60 on it(I buy FM in UK and get it shipped to US, no WWS for me).

I'll rather give money to charity then buy another version of FM '08 (that's where my copy ended up anyways).

Then jump out of the game, boot up the editor and start fixing up the a-league! The CA/PAs of Australians (and often even positions) are sadly often incorrect IMO so I fix them, reboot the game and play as my Sydney FC!

I check out the PA's of Australian players too and update positions and PA's as well. Too often a player's international position is not shown when rated by a club researcher. The PA's of the good youngsters are often too low in my opinion too

Alternative 1: jump around the house happily with my new compy of FM 09. When I am too tired to jump more I will install it

Alt 2: Build a statue of marble resembling Miles with a Watford shirt in hos honour. When I am ready I will install the game

Alt 3: Run to a desert island so that I can play the game hasslefree. When I will understand that there is no electriciy in that island, I will take a laptop with me and install the game

(Notice: alt 1 is more likely to happen)

to be honest, I really think i am gonna have to dump my girlfriend.... i cant have ANY disturbances because from now until November 2009 Football Manager 09 is my life... screw travelling on my Gap Year! FM is clearly my priority :)

to be honest, I really think i am gonna have to dump my girlfriend.... i cant have ANY disturbances because from now until November 2009 Football Manager 09 is my life... screw travelling on my Gap Year! FM is clearly my priority :)

Hahaha! Love it!

Without wanting to veer off topic and get into a discussion about the quality of the a-league, I've just had a look at Joel Griffiths, one of the if not the best player in the a-league. Personally I don't often look at PA so I wouldn't know what to expect from a good League 1 striker but I'm guessing PA 135 (which is that of Griffiths) would be a good League 1 striker who could also step it up and play in the Championship. I don't think that's too far off the mark really he's certainly no better than that.

He's actually a lot worse than that.He was at Leeds the season we got relegated to division 3 and he was very poor, really. Had a couple of games and looked out of his depth. More like a League 2 striker that might just be able to make the step up to league 1. Leeds fans I've spoken to about his can't believe he's one of the best players in the A league.

Start unemployed. Id love my first 3D game to be a scrappy 0-0! Don't know why but i love scrappy games!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your not the only one' date=' i mean i'd rather scrape a 1-0 and get a clean sheets, without around 8 shots in the game..like 5 to me, 3 to them say..instead of winning 4-2. weird,

1. Install Fm.

2. Finish 6th form at 12.30

3. Play from about 1.30pm - 4 in the morning..at least!! (With Villa)

4. Sell Zat Knight, Issiah Osbourne, Buy a Right Back / Centre Half as Back up for both positions, Also Buy a back up left Winger, and then a 3rd choice Striker!

5. Then finish top 6 first season![/quote']

I am a Birmingham fan and am used to scrappy games, presume you are a villain. But yeah I love tight games, I prefer them to open wide games, strange one I am

Your not the only one' date=' i mean i'd rather scrape a 1-0 and get a clean sheets, without around 8 shots in the game..like 5 to me, 3 to them say..instead of winning 4-2. weird,

[/quote']

Lol i like to see this.. someone who thinks like me.. I hate heard about "realism" and "real football simulation" when 70% of match seems hockey game if u look at the final score

Lol i like to see this.. someone who thinks like me.. I hate heard about "realism" and "real football simulation" when 70% of match seems hockey game if u look at the final score

Exept for my recent 4-0 trouncing of Forest Green, I haven't been involved in a really high scoring game for 2 seasons

Exept for my recent 4-0 trouncing of Forest Green, I haven't been involved in a really high scoring game for 2 seasons

I was not talking about my games only.. I have no intention to start a discussion about that, so this will be my last post, but i checked the "real" blue square north/south and blue square premier final tables and the "game" ones, and almost all teams score much (but i mean really much) more in FM08 than in real life, and if u read other threads here i think high scoring game happens much more easily in the game than in real football.

1st thing I will do is load the editor, and edit Tom Hicks the fcuk out of Liverpool, and Gillet, if I can be bothered to add a new Chairman at the same time! Last time, I moved Hicks back to Dallas where he belonged - never heard from him again! :D

i think i may do this too :D sounds like a brilliant idea to me ;)

Finally decided on Reading, 4-4-2;

Kevin Doyle - Noel Hunt

Stephen Hunt - Jem Karacan - James Harper - Jimmy Kebe/Convey

Chris Armstrong - Ivar Ingmarsson - Andre Bikey - Liam Rosenior/Murty

Marcus Hahnemann

Bench: Adam Federici - Julian Kelly/Graeme Murty/Liam Rosenior - Marek Matejovski - Kebe/Convey - Shane Long

Travelling with squad: Mikkel Andersen - Alex Pearce - James Henry - Dave Mooney - Brynjar Gunnarsson - Khalifa Cisse - Michael Duberry

Potential transfers out: Leroyt Lita (loan), Mikkel Andersen (loan), Julian Kelly (loan), Michael Duberry (transfer), Brynjar Gunnarsson (after first season), Marcus Hahnemann (after first or second season)

Potential transfers in: Tommy Rowe (Stockport), Craig Mackail-Smith (Peterborough), Neal Eardley (Oldham), Brian Saah (Leyton Orient), Joe Mattock (Leicester), Joe Murphy (Scunthorpe, replacement for Hahnemann when he is sold or has retired)

Won't buy all of these during the transfer window when the game first starts, but over a year or the like.

I'll obviously fix tactics and player & team instructions, training schedules, and probably scout all Ligue 2 in France.

The first thing I'll do is to call a press conference, then using the new "type what you like feature", I'm going to type: "which one's Simon Bird? You're a c**t", then storm out, just to see what will happen. :D

The first thing I'll do is to call a press conference, then using the new "type what you like feature", I'm going to type: "which one's Simon Bird? You're a c**t", the storm out, just to see what will happen. :D

Brilliant! :D I will load the demo, play as Man Utd, then try at least one team from each of the English leagues and each top european league then when the game actually comes out I will start a Man Utd game and my girlfriend will walk out on me but I won't notice until Christmas day when I usually indulge her and pay her some attention!;)

Archived