Welshy's Thread For The Under Appreciated..

Welshace

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This guy was a personal fave in 15, but because I managed Jamaica, and he's just as good in 16. A tidy attacking CM who can crack one in from distance, who was willing to join me in League One(but did in the Championship) despite being a Premier League level player. Available for 1.5-2m.

269d6045535a8910d1791526e3745787.jpg

This lad is new to me, transfer listed and joined me in January of the first season(in League One) for 750k, a cheap well rounded young striker who has that knack of finding the onion bag against anyone and everyone.

832b14f8b8424487856df7f23e268584.jpg

I'd like to add someone into this mix and whilst he isn't rated very well, he far exceeds his ability. The player in question is Craig Clay. Here is he is after 3 and a half seasons.

Z2aEzhr.png

I signed him from Grimsby for my Bristol Rovers side and then for Boro when I joined them. He doesn't get many goals or assists but in a 3 man central midfield as the attacking one he's playing great and is one of my best players. He are his stats from the beginning of the game.

xmlTvm9.png

He's extremely cheap and can often be got for free after the 1st season. Since then he's got a couple more goals, assists and PoM.

Isn't Diego Rubio that lad who scored a shed load of goals in some youth tournament, then went to Sporting CP and never played?

Yeah, I think so, he has Sporting in his club history, I picked him up from Valladolid in the Spanish second division, and it seems they didn't even play him once(in game), which is baffling, he scored 15 in half a season for me, then 37 in the second.

Perfect player for the thread NF..

That's the type of player I was hoping to see. Great to see you keeping with him too at each club, and he's obviously doing the job for you.. awesome stuff.

I wasn't going to sign him initially as I didn't think he could make the step up from Grimsby to Bristol Rovers. I'm not sure why he left either because you'd think Grimsby would have wanted to keep him. I delayed the transfer initially and finally went through with it. Maybe it's because he's from where I am from in Nottingham and I've played cricket with him on a few occasions when we were younger. He helped us to promotion and then when I left Bristol Rovers near the bottom of League One he was immediately transfer listed so as soon as I got a new club I was signing him regardless. No doubt if I was to ever leave Boro he'll be transfer listed again.

A couple of players I've noticed turn into good players on my Orient save where I'm in 2021/22. I can't post screenshots at the moment but I'll list them.

Dominic Solanke - starts off at Chelsea but they didn't use him much on my save. Went on loan a lot and has just been signed by Watford for £5m despite being valued at £11m. Had an electrifying loan spell in the Championship at Forest scoring almost 30 goals. Easily becomes Prem standard.

Tyler Roberts - basically ditto the above but from Spurs and went on loan to Derby in the Championship.

Chris Willock - I think he starts off at Arsenal. Plays across the midfield but most effective off the left. Creative and scores goals. Pretty cheap if you get him early.

Marcel Correia - an absolute steal for a Championship side. I signed him from Braunchweig (can't remember if that's where he starts) for £100k and he was incredible. Portuguese centre half who is so consistent it's ridiculous.

Jerome Binnom-Williams - had him from League 2 and his match ratings rarely dropped below a 7. Very steady.

Ben Sheaf - another Arsenal trainee. Very solid central midfielder and can be picked up for peanuts if the time is right.

Che Adams - the perfect right winger. Blisteringly quick, can cross, finish and track back. Again, get him early from Sheffield United before he gets too good.

Xavi Quintilla - He's a centre half from the Barca academy and turns into a good player. He's a little on the short side which maybe doesn't suit the English game but very good with the ball at his feet.

Timothy Fosu-Mensah - he develops into an absolute machine. Juve signed him fairly early but didn't play him as much as he wanted and he's just gone to Watford I think for £11m.

They're the ones that I can remember for now. If I recall any others then I'll post them up.

Sebastian Corchia from Lille, one of my absolute must buys whenever I start a game. Quality young full back from France.

Lille won't even demand a king's ransom for him early on, £7.5m and they will almost certainly bite. Wages he'd take £20k a week, or less if you give big bonuses/agent fees.

Sebastian Corchia from Lille, one of my absolute must buys whenever I start a game. Quality young full back from France.

Lille won't even demand a king's ransom for him early on, £7.5m and they will almost certainly bite. Wages he'd take £20k a week, or less if you give big bonuses/agent fees.

I was playing as Roma in 14, and Juve signed Corchia. Every game we played he tormented me for 5 years, nothing but immense game after immense game.

Tyler Roberts is from WBA .. but yeah, he's superb... should be a decent player irl if he gets the chance to shine.

Marcel Correia looks pretty good if you can get him for less than a million.

Oh yeah! I got him from Spurs on my save and didn't really check back any further than the last couple of seasons

Harry Winks

Position - MC

Club at start - Tottenham

Pw9z8mL.jpg?1

Never used him before, managed to get him to the Scottish Championship last season where he guided us to a League and Scottish Cup double. Spurs gave me him for a second season and with some buttering up I managed to talk him into signing for us on a bosman, mostly due to Rangers now being his favourite club and me his favourite staff. For such a young man he has real composure on the ball, due to the lower standard of the football he really stand out with his class and range of passing. Even though he's only got influence of 12 he's the club captain, I feel he leads by his performances on the pitch. Great wee young player. Hoping he can continue to grow now we've secured him on a permanent. Should be easily recruited cause Spurs seem not to rate him too highly.

Want to play with a high line? Felipe is your man, and he's good in the air too. Cost less than a million in second season, which is when the screenshot was taken.

voUj5m2.png

Gino plays either side of the pitch, is particularly well suited to playing inside forward and can probably be tempted to most European leagues for around half a million

uDmpRtS.png

Carvalho looks great.... I do love a pacey CB ...

My go to guy though is Hovland.. available to the top championship clubs and premiership sides in the first window for little over £1.5million if you get in before the other teams interested.

WR3b3kl.png

Or a recent find was Amundsen ... Great for championship sides... for around 150k ... top notch, not much room to grow it seems though sadly, didn't see him progress much...

Z3aiE2O.png

Another similar player I was able to pick up for PSV for 1.1m midway through the first season when he got upset at not being picked is Isimat-Mirin. Not sure if I was just lucky there

70KTWB4.png

For that kind of money, Amundsen looks like an absolute bargain. The ability he has is efficiently distributed and he looks like he should be very comfortable in any league outside the big three.

I was playing as Roma in 14, and Juve signed Corchia. Every game we played he tormented me for 5 years, nothing but immense game after immense game.

He is so good at swinging crosses in, I initially bought him as backup to Darmian. By the end of the second season I got so sick and tired of Darmian shanking every cross into oblivion, I sold him and made Corchia my first choice :lol:

No screenshots right now as on the wrong computer, but Ibai Gomez from Athletic Club (Bilbao) :thup:

The guy is a decent La Liga player, but his attribute spread is very good for a wide man, he scores plenty (including set pieces). He's the kind of player who you would basically never even knew existed unless you played as Athletic Club specifically, but he is a superb performer and has been for years in the FM game world.

wrM8vWp.png

Found this guy while looking for a cheap, good defender to bolster my squad. What is his ultimate capability- could he do well in CL?

And even though my scouts do not rate Christian Strohdiek, he looks rather good. Am I not seeing a massive flaw they do? He looks bloody solid to me.

PTiordk.png

Third season of a Spurs save and after Man City sold Sergio Aguero to Inter, this was his replacement:

Harold%20Preciado_%20Overview%20Attributes_zpsygbmocpf.png

Never seen since a wee rounded forward before and have never seen his name mentioned on these forums. And his history that shows RB Leipzig bought him for £550k before selling him for £20 million.

Will edit in a SS of him at beginning of game or even if someone closer to the start could do so, that'd be great. :thup:

I have never heard of this player, maybe I've been under a rock but I'm going to buy him in January.

Leander Dendoncker.

Lacks aggression but very versatile and still has room to improve.

7097740c4079e9b54eb44924b88bb443.png

Was this screenshot took at start of game or a few years in? Looks very decent indeed.

I have never heard of this player, maybe I've been under a rock but I'm going to buy him in January.

Leander Dendoncker.

Lacks aggression but very versatile and still has room to improve.

7097740c4079e9b54eb44924b88bb443.png

Just saw this lad linked to Man Utd today, like yourself, never heard of him before this post of yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised that nobody has mentioned these two:

ADAM VASS - DM/CM very good all rounder with great stats for the position (stats of players costing 10 times more in fact). Will go pretty much anywhere for only around 500K. Is Hungarian so no wp issues. Anybody who doesnt go for him is, frankly, a fool.

VIEUX SANE: CB. A rock of a defender who will improve. Costs around 250k. Forget the 1 star or the scout reports. Buy him. Again a no brainer (though wont get WP for the UK).

Look also at LUNDEMO. Scandinavian youngster CM costing around 2-4m with instalments and useful from the get go.

And Czech oldie (34 yo I think) cf with great stats and a goal machine: LAFATA.

Sane: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/403554-FM15-The-Nordic-Conveyor-Belt-NOW-Sponsored-By-Martin-Odegaard?p=9941944&viewfull=1#post9941944

But that was back in 2014, so haven't mentioned him this season.. mainly due to the wp issue...

Vass has been a mainstay for years, but not used him this year either due to the aggression and injuries he picks up.... solid players though for sure.

Vass has been a mainstay for years, but not used him this year either due to the aggression and injuries he picks up.... solid players though for sure.

Personally won me the CL in more than one save in 14, including in one, scoring his only goal of the entire season in the final.

He's also the only player I've been able to get to actually successfully man mark a player out of the game. It was amazing, pop him on a player and the game was 10 v 10.

• 3 weeks later...

Welshy's Thread For The Under Appreciated..

Where the neglected come into the spotlight

Welcome,

Just a little thread to showcase any players I an find who I think need some appreciation from the FM community.. some love, some tender care.... Buy them and give them a go, feel free to add your own* ..Here, we shun the Ajers, the Barbosa's, the Lucas Romero's of the world....

*screenshot and a few details please

Eran Zahavi

Been using him for a few seasons now, and he always performs as a top notch second striker or even leading the line, and again, cheap (<£6million)

bc4bb3f42f8576caf2c1e6d19cf16879.png

This guy does seem great, his team seem to want at least £7.5m for him in my save which is still ok but he wants pretty ridiculous wages, especially the bonuses he asks for.

I've never heard of Marko Grujić before. Didn't know Liverpool has purchased him etc. He's really good!

e33f07f467e4e4b8bca772572786880c.png

Everyone knows Gnarby but if you get him on the cheap, do it. He cost me nothing. He's really good as a winger and you can retrain to MR. I wasn't playing him, Ayew got injured and he replaced and hasn't been out of the team since.

f985fcca996f7b029725fb742c0529ee.png

He looks great Geordie... never heard of him before now..

Do you know how much it would cost to pry him away first window?

Can't remember how much I paid for him in other games but just negotiated them to 5.5million straight up in August of 1st season.

Archived