[FM16] SPAIN Thread; Trying Not to Make a Real Barce of It...I Betis Not Easy

Stu_UBJ

This thread is for those Spanish teams that don't have a specific thread.

0CMExfX.png

ma9B5M5.pngpfYuRp5.png94WQEmS.png

So, you've got yourself a save in Spain? Post all your updates here, transfer targets, potential signings for others, everything! Whether it be managing one of the nation's elite, or struggling in Santander, this is your thread!

I started a Valencia save like a week ago, hoping it will be hard to dethrone Barcelona/Real/Atletico (yes Atletico, if you've checked my updates on Inter thread, they've won it 5 times in a row on that save), but I won the league in the first season. <.<

24-14-0

Most teams try to rely on possession and build-up play, and it looks like it doesn't work at all on this version of ME. That's one of the reasons why Barca crashed and burned on my save.

I had only 4 goals conceded in the first 24 league games.

Playing against weaker teams in Serie A was way harder with the same tacitcs.

xRHmEGJ.png

I've been playing a save as Deportivo la Coruna, and I am almost halfway through season 4. Slowly but surely we are climbing the table, season 1 we finished 6th, season 2 was a 5th finish, then last season we jumped up to 3rd.

(missing from incoming transfers season 4 is free transfer of Bertrand Traoré)

The main signings of season 1 was certainly Gourcuff, who is still at the club, and is a star player. I eventually made Mammana's transfer permanent for £5m in season 3 after two stellar seasons on loan. Season 2 signings were the ones that changed things for me. David Barbona has became a superstar for the team, as have Zivkovic, Diaz and Arango. Badu made me some good money, whilst Rajkovic has become the main man in goal since his mid-season arrival. Progressing nicely is young defender Tibor Farkas, signed in January also.

Season three saw the arrival of Rudiger, Duarte, Cristóforo, Zé Gomes, Mané, and future stars Pérez, Friedrichs, Joensen and Duriez. Season 4 signings are youngsters Eric, Fagervoll, Siucho, Larsen, and Sixaba, with just Traoré and Fontana joining the first team.

Season Summary

15/16; La Liga 6th, Copa del Rey 5th Round(lost to Atlético)

16/17; La Liga 5th, Copa del Rey Winners(v Real Madrid), Europa League 1st KO Round(lost to Leverkusen)

17/18; La Liga 3rd, Copa del Rey 5th Round(lost to Atlético), Europa League 2nd KO Round(lost to Spurs), Supercopa runners-up(lost to Barcelona)

18/19; Ongoing

f33faa0796ecb1d28f7d280e134d5364.png

---

Current Seson;

57a21a3c117b847428065dd2246e2b54.png

c1718ee194fda6cf6666f705a860d2a8.png

Indifferent form so far, Struggling to get good form going with European nights and league games. Looks like it's a premature exit from Europe, we've failed to get going.

Just starting a new network game with my mate, I am going to be Betis, any advice ?

Just watch out for Barcelona, Real, Valencia and Atlético transfer listing good players. They've done it a few times, and if you are quick you'll benefit. I'd sugget keeping an eye on Argentina too, players are good prices, and because they speak Spanish, the integration is quite quick. Also, make a shortlist of any former players that you'd be interested in signing.

Yeah cheers mate, I managed to sign a few good young players on loan as transfer funds were less then a million, so signed Lingard, Rashford & Johnstone from Man Utd, also managed to get Olivier and Angel Correa from Athletico Madrid on loan, also got Tiote, Tom Carroll, Tiago Illori and Rugani on loan, also signed Eboue on a free.

Currently enjoying my Celta save. But Minimum Fee Release Clause for some players is so low. It will be hard to keep some of them because they are wanted by big clubs. :(

Yep, started a save with them a few days ago and lost Hugo Mallo and Yelko Pino straight off the bat due to the low clauses and they were unhappy when I rejected offers so refused to sign a new contract.

But overall, Celta are fantastic on the latest update, so many players with the potential to be amazing, should at least be challenging for the Europa league first season. Also, amazing having two CBs with 16 and 17 passing in Sergi Gomez and Fontas!

Yep, started a save with them a few days ago and lost Hugo Mallo and Yelko Pino straight off the bat due to the low clauses and they were unhappy when I rejected offers so refused to sign a new contract.

But overall, Celta are fantastic on the latest update, so many players with the potential to be amazing, should at least be challenging for the Europa league first season. Also, amazing having two CBs with 16 and 17 passing in Sergi Gomez and Fontas!

Yeah. Luckily i didnt lose any of players yet because i always start with disabled first transfer window to keep it realistic. Hugo Mallo asked for improved contract so i gave him that. I asked the board to give me more wage budget but they rejected, i hope we will fix this soon because we are in red numbers spending over wage budget. The only player that came to me wanting to leave is Orellana so i will need to sell him in January which is shame because hes been fantastic so far and looks like United will snap him.

So far enjoying my Celta save, first season. In January curentlly 3rd place. But transfers window was so far a bad one. I lost Orellana, Fontas and Radoja because big clubs from other countries activated their buyout clauses. :( Gonna have to find a good replacements if we want to secure Champions League place this season.

Anyone playing as Villareal on the new patch?

I'm seriously considering them as my next save, but wanted to hear people's experience as them.

Maybe someone could tell me if they're a fun team, a challenge or just annoying... How much money they start off with and so on?

Started with them a while ago they start with next to nothing transfers wise and the likes of Costa and Gaspar can kick up a fuss because they're wanted from the off. Looks a really good challenge. Ive tried trying t replicate Marcelino's style there with varied results... I'm not the greatest tactician by my own admission :( I fancy a Malaga save but their team is just poor...

• 3 weeks later...

Just started up new save with Villareal over the weekend. I have only played 11 league games so far and a handful of Europe League games, but so far I am really enjoying it. Currently through to the next stage in the EL and sitting at 4th in the league with a 7-3-1 record, beating At Madrid at home 3-2 and Barca away 1-0 after an own goal by Mascherano :) The squad is really fun to work with as it contains several promising youngsters and a bunch of experienced really good players such as Bruno. Unfortunately, you start with Asenjo injured and Areola is not good enough in my opinion, but with a very limited transfer budget it is hard to bring in someone else. Areola has let in a few cheap ones and has cost me a few points, but Im trucking on. Really looking forward to continue this save and hopefully we will be able to keep up our good form and challenge for a CL spot for next year.

Currently in March 2021 with my Atleti save. Going great won the title 4 times in a row and currently still undefeated in the league.

Still have Oblak, Giminez, Koke, Saul and Jackson of the original squad.

Problem i have is that all clubs have absolutely no money and are refusing to rebuild their teams. Barca and Real hardly buy any regens and keep buying old players.

Barca has 5 under 21 players in their 1st team and than i big jump to 28+ year olds, with all stars in their 30's.

Barca and Real both didnt get through the group stage of the UCL and allthough i have won it 3 times in a row now our league rating is dropping. Sevilla is getting relegated and Valencia are 11th.

Not good.... It starting to affect my save since my Worldclass players are trying to move to a higher rep league, eventhough im the #1 ranked club in the world.

Any of you guys experience the same?

Started with them a while ago they start with next to nothing transfers wise and the likes of Costa and Gaspar can kick up a fuss because they're wanted from the off. Looks a really good challenge. Ive tried trying t replicate Marcelino's style there with varied results... I'm not the greatest tactician by my own admission :( I fancy a Malaga save but their team is just poor...

Yeah, Malaga's team is not the starpowered one that reached the CL quarter finals.

But I've also considered a Malaga save, but I don't really know if I'd get frustrated too quick :p

I'm in 2028 in my annual Bilbao save.

Barca are absolutely pish, finished 10th last year - Neymar is like 36 and still playing up top. Sevilla have a sugar daddy and are now the 3rd best team behind my Bilbao side and Real Madrid. Madrid so far this season have won 28, drawn 2, lost 0, and my reigning Champions League winning side got smashed 4-0 by them away from home. They were perhaps the best computer controlled team I've ever seen on FM.

The big thing I've noticed is the lack of financial clout over time. The clubs seem to be quite intelligent with their transfer dealings, but Atletico, Sevilla (prior sugar daddy), Valencia and now even Barcelona never spend any money. There's rarely more than 5 incoming transfers over 2million GBP, even with clubs selling players for 30mil plus.

Currently in March 2021 with my Atleti save. Going great won the title 4 times in a row and currently still undefeated in the league.

Still have Oblak, Giminez, Koke, Saul and Jackson of the original squad.

Problem i have is that all clubs have absolutely no money and are refusing to rebuild their teams. Barca and Real hardly buy any regens and keep buying old players.

Barca has 5 under 21 players in their 1st team and than i big jump to 28+ year olds, with all stars in their 30's.

Barca and Real both didnt get through the group stage of the UCL and allthough i have won it 3 times in a row now our league rating is dropping. Sevilla is getting relegated and Valencia are 11th.

Not good.... It starting to affect my save since my Worldclass players are trying to move to a higher rep league, eventhough im the #1 ranked club in the world.

Any of you guys experience the same?

I just saw this after making my previous post. I even mentioned this in the bugs forum in a La Liga thread but never had a response from the team there. I didn't push it any further as thought it might just be my save. However would be interested to see from other long term La Liga saves if this isn't just limited to me.

Financial no clubs spend money (aside from Real but they sell a lot as well), and Sevilla who now have a sugar daddy so that's a bit of an exception, and despite winning both the Europa League (Sevilla) and Champions League last season (my Bilbao side), Spain is still ranked 5th in the league coefficients table, so our European places are limited.

I just saw this after making my previous post. I even mentioned this in the bugs forum in a La Liga thread but never had a response from the team there. I didn't push it any further as thought it might just be my save. However would be interested to see from other long term La Liga saves if this isn't just limited to me.

Financial no clubs spend money (aside from Real but they sell a lot as well), and Sevilla who now have a sugar daddy so that's a bit of an exception, and despite winning both the Europa League (Sevilla) and Champions League last season (my Bilbao side), Spain is still ranked 5th in the league coefficients table, so our European places are limited.

I hadn't really picked up on any spending or lack of on my Deportivo save. I'll have a look at some point, and if I have a similar issue I will raise it again.

How is everyone's saves going? I'm bored of my Dresden save now and thinking of doing a save in the Iberian peninsula...

load up all of the Spanish leagues and Portugese and maybe add some extra leagues for a bigger game world.

Trouble is I have no idea on the club to choose!

I think Spain is a great league to get into with a lower rep club, as financially it's so stacked against you.

My save with Athletic Club is going well. I'm in 2028/29 season and having a good fight with Real Madrid for the league this season. Last year they destroyed everyone (36 wins, 2 draws :mad:), but this season it's even so far. As well as the clubs self imposed transfer policy, I also don't sign any non-Basque under 16s, so I have to rely on the youth products of the Basque clubs only. We're in a bit of a funny situation at the moment as we keep getting amazing goalkeepers coming through our intakes each year, but we lack any real quality in defense. Our defence is basically that of a team competing for 6th-10th in the league, but our attack is much better. I've set the team up to focus on our strengths, and instead of protecting the defence we just rely on scoring as many goals as possible, which is certainly entertaining.

Elsewhere in the league, Barcelona are absolutely pants, they've missed out on Europe 3 years in a row now.

What seems to have happened to them? Debt? Poor managers? Poor transfers? I did see you say in an earlier post that transfers seem to slow in the Spanish leagues, is it down to this?

It's been a gradual decline I guess. Real have stayed strong but Barca just fell away once their existing players got old and they didn't replace them. With the size of the club you would imagine that they would still have money to spend to sort the team out but they don't seem to have it, or don't seem to spend it. I'll have to check later when I have my laptop but I don't think debt is an issue. Their managerial appointments have been somewhat questionable as well.

Started a game with Real Oviedo after reading up about their wonderful story and having ex players such as Cazorla, Michu, and Mata. Was surprised to see all but one of the players in the first team are Spanish, very unique! Anyway, managed to get Barca as a parent club and got Sandro on loan for free. He got a goal on his debut, although conceding one, then giving away a stupid pen with a handball made me lose my first game 2-1.

4-1-2-1-1 is only 10 players mate, is it a diamond or a 4-5-1 with wingers? Would need your full tactic and roles and duties of your players really but just from what you gave me, you kind of need quite a high line if you want to press or your players will be chasing around in a very large area.

Having an enjoyable save with Celta. just finished season 3 winning the title.

just had a surprising news item though saying Barca wont be featuring in the champions league in 2018 despite finishing second due to FFP.

Started with Celta, who has a very exiting squad with a lot of quality players. Only problem is the low buyout clause on a lot of the key players. I reduced the transfer budget from £3.5m to £0 and used it on wages. New contracts was given to Hugo Mallo, Sergi Gomez, Fabian Orellana and Yelko Pino.

Celta has a lot of exiting players, which you would get huge transfer bids for! I recommend cashing in on Jonny in the first window. Sold him for £21m and replaced him with Jorge. Also got Mikel Merino in. In january i sold Claudio Beauvue (£2.5), Nolito (£15m), Andres Fontas (£10.75m), Hugo Mallo (£32m), Gustavo Cabral (£2.2m), Marcelo Diaz (2.8m) and Sergio Alvarez (£500k).

And replaced them with Hirving Lozano, Mario Fernandes, Jonathan Tah, Kevin Wimmer, Predrag Rajkovic and Matias Kranevitter.

Think i overachieved like hell the first season, while Real Madrid and Barca dropped some easy points as well.

641j0g.png

2rcyc1y.png

I've seen quite a few people saying that Celta were given quite a buff after the data update due to their good start to the season - the general opinion seemed to be that they were too good. However I've not played in La Liga with the new DB (my La Liga save is with the original DB) so I'm not sure how true that is

I enjoyed my Real Oviedo save, some good players and a 30,000 seater stadium.

Oviedo certainly have the potential to be a big club in La Liga.

There's quite a few decent sized clubs in Segunda right now - Zaragoza, Elche, Oviedo, Valladolid, Almeria, Osasuna for example.

Some other good smaller club challenges too :)

Started a game with Sevilla and all I can say is that Sergio Rico, the goalkeeper, is a beast. Thanks to him we saved plenty of points.

In January we are 3rd in the league behind Real Madrid and Atletico, Barca is 4th with 2 points less than us.

Gameiro is good but Konoplyanka is not as good as I expected. He only scored 4 and made 8 assists in ~30 games as IF (S)

Is there any smart way to utilise the B team? How do you guys use them?

i can't handle the training in the B team , only in K19 .

The youths i think they have the potential to develop i move them in k19 ,also from the B team only those with high P.A. i move them to k19

in B team i move also the players from the A team that need match time having reach their potential and i don't intend to use them

i hope you understood

Valencia

from K19

Villalba , Soler ,Lato have high potential to become starters

Badal ,Konyk so and so

from Valencia Mestalla i think none (maybe Cano ,Tropi for back ups)

surprise is the team except Negredo ,Alcacer has no depth in strikers ,you can't play with 2 ST,

so as IRL for the first season 4141 is the only way ( i think )

I started a save with Granada, already spent one season with them, seems to be a good challenge to out play the big guys when you are a small team with So few money coming from TV rights!!

Finished 4th btw, Real trashed the League

Barcelona were surprisingly awful, tons of draws

Able to beat them away (3:0) and home (1:0) ? which was an absolute surprise!

I think i m gonna stick with that team for a moment!

I started a save with Granada, already spent one season with them, seems to be a good challenge to out play the big guys when you are a small team with So few money coming from TV rights!!

Finished 4th btw, Real trashed the League

Barcelona were surprisingly awful, tons of draws

Able to beat them away (3:0) and home (1:0)  which was an absolute surprise!

I think i m gonna stick with that team for a moment!

Were you playing on the counter attack? Great season that by the way.

Archived